If a character's ICONIC voice actor(s) dies but the character isn't dead and the story isn't resolved...

If a character's ICONIC voice actor(s) dies but the character isn't dead and the story isn't resolved, would it be acceptable to keep the character around but no longer talk?

sometimes it's best to make do with what you've got

Do we even know who will take over for Master Xehanort?

Probably just one someone who voices one of the other norts.

It's been confirmed that he'll be voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

I'm oddly okay with this.

No, just recast the voice actor. Stop being an autist.

the new Aku is fucking terrible.

Source?

Shit, Nimoy didn't get his lines in time?

Maybe if you're an OCD riddled faggot.

He's fine. Some of his inflections are a little weird, like when Mickey Mouse got a new voice actor, you could tell he was picked because he sounded so good as MM, but he just wasn't AS good.

Same thing with Iroh/Aku. Same dude for both roles, and he does passable work, it's just noticeably not AS good.

agreed.

Well, I mean, there are 13 versions of him at this point... They could just keep Master Xehanort as a quiet, devious onlooker and let his younger form take over.

I assumed something like that was going to happen regardless once they severed his connection with Terra.

Nobody has ever played a character to the point that it can't be done again by someone else. Anyone that says that is full of shit.

I can't tell if you're saying something incredibly stupid or an extremely vapid truism.

Okay tell me three characters that should now be off limits because they were so well acted.

>Neither VA could survive to see the Keyblade War

;_;

It's weird to change to someone who doesn't sound similar enough, and it's weird for a voiced character to just no longer speak.

If for instance Xehanort got a neck injury and was shown with a scar on his throat, I would probably not mind at all... but if he just shows up and suddenly someone else starts speaking for him, then it'd feel weird.

Doctor Who had a good way to deal with this, since the main character can just be swapped out with an off-screen regeneration.

He's different, but not bad in my opinion.

No.

Wait, did the VA for Xehanort died? FUUUUUUU

>Okay tell me three characters that should now be off limits because they were so well acted.
Troy
Hank hill
Peter Griffin

old man Xehanort was Leonard Nimoy

Shit, didnt know

Really? I didn't hear about this. I'd be totally ok with it though. I wonder how well he can do an old man voice.

I heard that the writing and voice acting were basically the first things they did for the game, and that recording finished a couple of months before he died, but that is probably just hopeful thinking. It might've been the recording for 2.8 or something.

i think the best thing to do is to write an in-universe reason for a voice change like lung damage or a different ability or some shit

From what I understand, recording the voices is one of the last stages of production.

maybe he gets a younger body. totally not outside of reason considering

Why would the character just stop talking?

sore throat from spending all night at a rave

Well writing a reason for that sounds better than hiring some mexican off the street to replace the deceased right?

This

I respectfully disagree.

The great thing about voice acting roles is that they can be handed down from actor to actor, without changing the appearance of a character.
While I absolutely do believe that KH3 will be lesser without Nimoy, there is no reason that any of a dozen talented Voice Actors should not be allowed to take his place. Xehanort is still a valid character.

I think both of them japanese and american did

>xehanort is a valid character

Not really, no. Greg may not have quite the energy as Mako did, but he's a perfect fit for the role. Not to mention he was a close friend of Mako's. You shitting on him is the same as shitting on Mako.

Troy is the only one because he was directly based on Phil Hartman and the kind of characters he played.

Hank's voice is easily imitated, the only problem would be if someone wrote him poorly or out of character.

Nobody cares for Peter anymore.

according to the man himself, he never even met Mako

Prove it. He was an understudy to him several times.