Just finished Iron Fist last night

Just finished Iron Fist last night.

This guy right here is BEST villian so far in MCU.

What do you guys think?

>BEST villian so far in MCU.

Your opinion is wrong, Shades is best villain.

Harold was evil just to be evil

Nah, Grant Ward and Cottonmouth were better. Harold was just a bargain bin Norman Osborn.

Harold was cool as fuck, nigga. Da fugg u talkin about.

>Grant Ward
HI, normie!

I really fucking wanted hot dogs after watching that one episode.

He was great until the last episode

Ward is no villain, buddy,

What is that type of accent called?

The female assasin was pretty hot. That whole battle gave me a boner.

LE EVIL BUSINESS GUY ARRRGGHH IM SO ANGRY BLOOD ON MY LE FACE FROM SMASHING AAAAHHH

>Bland corporate guy
>Best
Really?
He was easily one of the worst parts of the show in fact
He should've died on episode 4 or 5 at much and stay dead

/thread

Does anyone actually think Kung Fu is cool anymore?

It's lame as fuck. Get with the times. No one likes flowery bullshit anymore.

A friend of mine keeps posting articles and complaining that Rand wasn't Asian.
Like dude. He was never Asian in the comics.
He's gone full SJW, hardcore defending anything that could be seen as against asians, which he is one.
Making me kinda pissed and maybe gonna cosplay IF just to piss him off more.

The show is shit but the retards going all political about it are criticizing it for all the wrong things

SJWs are seriously becoming a joke

I mean. I'll take asian Danny played by a good actor over what we've got any day. Lewis Tan, the guy that played Zhou Cheng(drunken master), was up for Danny's role for a bit. He would've been better. Literally anyone would've been better.
Finn Jones was the weakest part of the show. And I fucking hate Claire.

He wasn't really a villain though until the very last episode. Him and Ward were just corporate assholes that weren't really good or bad. That's like calling Jonah Jameson a villain.

I was always waiting for Mariah to kill him. Glad she didn't.

Yeah, I remember that one time Jonah sabotaged a plane with a child on board. And that other time when he bashed an intern's head in. Good times.

Go fuck yourself, tumblr. I know you hate masculinity in any form, even in art form.

Do it user.

>Lewis Tan, the guy that played Zhou Cheng(drunken master), was up for Danny's role for a bit. He would've been better. Literally anyone would've been better.
The guy was fucking awful anytime he had to act, even worse than Finn Jones

She was one of the highest quality elements of the show, but I was a bit disappointed with an apparent Hand connection. In Daredevil they pointed out that she was rather from K'un L'un related mystical branch of evil nips and not the edgy undead ninjas

Time to hit the gym. No one wants to see Iron Fat.

>kung fu
>masculine

>This guy right here is BEST villian so far in MCU.
Are some people (like you) just born with objectively bad taste?

Of course a femboy and a tumblrite wouldnt know.

So, is she or isn't she with the hand.
I feel they heavily implied that she was, but at no point do they come out and directly say "Gao is hand."
had a long discussion with a friend about it last night and i was curious Sup Forums's opinion.

>but at no point do they come out and directly say "Gao is hand."
Yes, they did.
What actually fucked me up during the bingewatch is that I mistakenly believed that she was confirmed to be the Crane Mother. So I couldn't really understand how that fits with her being in charge of one of Hand's branches. And then I looked it up and her being the Crane Mother was actually just a fan theory, that's been floating around since the first season of Daredevil.

WARD BEST BOY
A
R
D

B
E
S
T

B
O
Y

Yeah, his accent was all over the shop. What was it even meant to be??

He literally did nothing wrong.

Also the actor was good.

Ok, so my second argument for she's just Hand associated and not a member.
All her guards are mercs or random chinese, not a single ninja in her entire routine.

>He literally did nothing wrong.
This meme needs to syop

>needs to syop
What did he meme by this?

Shades is far too normal to be a comic book villain. He's the straight man to the whole damn universe.

>Sup Forums the villain

>not keeping the kid from shooting up the barber shop

It's what bothers me as well. In DD she and her people are shown to be completely separate from Nobu and the Hand.

Like, why wasn't she involved during all the fuckery with Elektra?

Because she is of her own branch of the Hand and she is concentrated on spreading the heroin across the globe using Rand resources. She gives no shits about the hole in the ground, that's the work of another Hand branch.

The hand aparently has more branches then Hydra.
There's Gao's branch
The ninja dig a hole branch
and the inner city outreach branch so far.

You'd have to be one and be one hard in order to think kung fu is closer to proper martial arts than it is to ballet.

The Hand has five fingers.

Well, the names of both organizations imply the existence of branches within, so that's kind of a given.

That's not how they are in the comics though.
I realize different universe, but it's just lazy.

So what is The Hand's goal?What's their motivation?

>t as a hand has five fingers, members of the inner circle of the Hand were leaders of organizations which each operated from one of Japan's five islands.

They want to summon a demon called The Beast to the mortal realm to take over the world.

How is it lazy? It definitely makes sense.

I've only watched the first two episodes, but yeah, he's pretty cool.

>"Stop saying sorry."
>"Sorr-"
Hell yeah, I loved Shades.

I hate the fucking no kill rule. It's so dumb considering they live in a universe where Captain America and Iron Man go around killing people who are probably less evil.

if you kept reading the very next section of the wiki article states how it was then consolidated by a single ninja clan.

this is what happens when Sup Forums gets their comic knowledge via wiki

It makes sense for Claire. She's a nurse and they got that oath.

Matt is a devout Catholic.

Luke is already an escaped convict who doesn't need the heat and is born and raised Southern Baptist.

Jessica was looking to redeem herself by saving Hope.

They all have their reasons, but it does get tiresome.

>This guy right here is BEST villian so far in MCU.

Kingpin still exists.

They were like "We need a hydra like how the movies have, lets adjust the hand from being a ninja clan to multifacited organization."
instead of "we need to come up with a way to make our various villians work together."

season 1 DD... Fisk's council is different factions working towards the same goal. Now 2/5 of that council turns out to be the same faction and the Hand has turned into Iron Fist's boogeyman.

Like i get why they made the changes they did, but I don't agree with any of them.

This kills the Kyle.

Suprised nobody found him.

Yeah, that swamp has to be crowded

Fake and nutty.

You are right. It is essentially a retcon. We'll see if Defenders or DD s3 changes Madame Gaos affiliation back to something else. And honestly, it's really killing the mystery and the danger of the hand portraying them like this.

"I like vanilla", no wonder you're a fucking wet noodle, Kyle.

>wants to eat ice cream for every meal
>only vanilla

Harold did nothing wrong

I'm assuming that the hand has 4 separate but equal factions (fingers), and another one which is in charge (thumb)

An Ausie doing a Fatty

Fun Fact: Certain spider venoms can actually giving you A LARGE THROBBING ERECTION. Spider lady could have easily given Danny a death by boner.

Nobody was looking

>I do MMA and i'm scared of a gun. Please mister, save me!

>and Ward were just corporate assholes that weren't really good or bad
I mean, Ward sent goons with guns after Danny, locked him in an asylum and also pushed him off a building. He gets better, but he did that.

i don't know if it killed the mystery, but it certainly muddied the waters.
They went from this organization with a mysterious but clear goal, to this hodgepodge of different things.

They should have just made the entire show about Ward and Harry stabbing each other in the backs then making up then doing it again.

>Ward Meachum
is he supposed to be incredibly unlikable? he does exactly what hes supposed to if he is given no reason, like buying a pier. but when he has a good reason to follow an order, or backup his sister, he ignores it comes up with his own plan that fails then gets addicted to heroin and kills his own father for no reason.

>syop
Soup in russian?

And he still looks like the guy from Taxi to me...

Show Danny is a femboy tho. At least compared to the other Defenders.

He did nothing wrong. Vanilla sucks.

I really liked the drunk dude. Bit of a tangent, but there was a bit during that fight where they straight up blurred Danny's face to hide the fact that it was a stunt double. Kinda ticked me off.

>gets kicked into a pipe
>"oh danny boy"
Funniest line in the whole MCU.

My one problem with Finn Jones is he turns literally any bit of dialogue into an angry 90s antihero rant. Dude needs to find a proper neutral tone.

He just comes off as a straight man going slowly psychotic whilst dealing with basically slapstick.

Every scene I watched with him was just either hoping to see him do something incredibly fucked up or him resort to what might as well be the show's closest equivalent to fucking comedy and it's great.

>beaten up by a slim nurse and an armless cop
Shades was pretty cool, but we all know the best villain is still the Kingpin.

Ward is thee villain

He was basically Norman Osborn. Why wouldn't he be the best. Legit felt for him when he described to Joy what it was like to die the first time.

He's not Asian because it's a 'fish out of water' story.