ITT: Times the critics were dead wrong

ITT: Times the critics were dead wrong

It's sad that Sheryl Lee never got any recognition for her peformance in this.

Yeah, she was really fucking fantastic in it. It's a shame she had this much talent and didn't get much time to show it off in the actual show.

>the scene where Leland fries his engine
Absolute kino.

neither did Dern for Inland Empire

This

I was really surprised when I saw this because it was just so "okay". I mean, it was a decent little horror comedy but fuck critics were acting like it was a grand artistic masterwork for the ages.

>t. soyboys who play videogames

>using the term soyboy

Maybe I haven’t seen enough kino with female leads but I think for now her performance is my favorite one from a woman. The range of emotions and expression is incredible, and it’s one of those things were she was probably the best person possible in the entire world for the role

What does a movie about incest and abuse have to do with videogames

You’re braindead enough to use soyboy anyway, why did I even respond

She really went completely into the character, she read the secret diary book and everything. I remember in one of the documentaries about FWWM in the box set that the crew was talking about legitimately being worried about her mental state as they filmed and that she took like a month vacation with her family after to recover

Is it a fap movie? I don't watch kinos unless I can fap to them.

There’s a lot of sexual moments and nudity but if you can actually fap to it then you may be heartless

Nah, you are just contrarians. Fire Walk With Me is shit compared to any good film.

you are shit

this movie is amazing, I can't believe I took so long to finally watch it

FWWM has moments of brilliance but it's flawed as fuck, some scenes from the missing pieces were absolutely integral to understanding the movie (and esp season 3) yet were cut out. The jeffries scene makes absolutely no sense in the theatrical version

It’s actually my favorite Lynch film, and i’ve seen them all multiple times. Laura Palmer is the best female character in his movies and feels the most fleshed out without being fetishized like Rosselini in Blue Velvet or Dern in Wild at Heart (though I’d say that one is more intentional)

Plus Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise are pure kino, they didn’t need MacLachlan to make a fantastic film

Yeah even though I like the Chet and Philips scenes they just sidetrack the main plot of the film, I’d love a cut that starts at the Laura segment while reeditting in her and Leland’s deleted scenes from TMP

says the numale writing "ITT" while circlejerking with losers that spout "kino"

>writing “ITT”
>no where in my post did I actually write ITT

So this is the brain power of soyposters

Only soyboys get bothered by soyposting.

mommy!

This. Escape from LA is unironically "dude just turn your brain off lmao" kino

Cosmopolis

i've said it once and i'll say it again, the Q2 edit of the film is the ultimate way to experience it and makes the original cut seem hollow and gutted in comparison

Best female acting I’ve seen in any movie

Only thing that makes the Q2 edit worse for me is the side characters scenes in the Twin Peaks section, having that all focus on Laura in the original movie made it way more alienating and claustrophobic, like you know all the wacky heartwarming antics are still going on in town but Laura is completely removed from them.

That said, the deleted scenes with Laura and Leland all should have been kept. That FUCKING fan scene man

Are there any other roastiekinos? When I think of movies like White Girl, Kids, Requiem for a Dream, I don’t give a shit about those womens lives going to hell because they did it to themselves. Laura was a roastie but it wasn’t her fault and you care about her

I agree that some of them feel very out of place, but all the added leland, cooper, and bowie scenes were really essential for the film, and yeah that fan scene gave me nightmares

this t b h

I really think the reviews would have been a lot better if they cut out the first thirty mins and just started with Laura walking down the street. If Lynch wanted to keep it as long he could have just readded some deleted scenes

IIRC she also came up with the idea of Laura protecting herself by taking the ring in the train car, and the ending shot of her crying in the Lodge.

This scared the shit outta me

Would you do the same in Leland’s position? Laura was pretty slammin’ desu

The Thing is a better example, it got terrible reviews at release but now it’s a classic

I can't believe the critics were all coffee and piefags.

Just starting to watch twin peaks, is S1>S2>FWWM>S3 the best way to do it?

Absolutely, chronological or bust. Season 2 after the killer is revealed gets pretty fucking bad but if you skip anything you are a faggot.

Because Inland Empire was shit? And she got recognition for other things.

Watch the first 6 episodes of S1 then quit. It is the patrician way.

Anything else is garbage.

i would recommend watching missing pieces after fwwm as well

FWWM is better than S1 though

t. can't notice symbolism or foreshadowing

it's the most basic level of symbolism possible though, and symbolism doesn't automatically make for a good movie.

>tfw no QT daughter to fuck

bowie scenes were shit and I say that as a huge bowie fan

yes
you may not want to finish s2 because the middle is very lack luster
but see it through the ending and what comes afterwards is great

Glad she said no, that sounds retarded even for Lynch

>2 TP threads up on Sup Forums right now

Are we, dare I say it, back?

there was one that got to like 250 replies that died a few hours ago too

>im gone like a turkey in the corn, gobble gobble

What did she mean by this?

i have not seen FWWM. is it as self indulgent and mastubatory as the return?

No, it’s also a lot better and more interesting

bump

why wasn't the best tp character in fwwwwwwwwwm?

>Welcome to the human race.

Her father raised her solely so he could molest her because he's a pedo
Also has something to do with BOB using her as a source of creamed corn and then eventually slaughtering her

>he hasn't seen FWWM but he's seen the return

what essential information could i have missed in FWWM? that laura dies?

t. Retard

Bideo gaymes?

First time I watched that I thought it was kind of pointless but after seeing the deleted scenes and rewatching the whole shit, it really haunted in my mind for weeks. The hazy jazz theme fits the mood of the film perfectly

The soundtrack is just pure kino.

>tfw listening to the Season 3 soundtrack

>plotfags

Ehhhh I think they were too harsh on it but the movie is still kind of incoherent at parts.

If Lynch didn't butcher the Jefferies / Convenience Store scene the way he did in the theatrical cut it would have been better. Also the complete tonal and character shift between the Theresa Banks stuff and Laura is really bizarre too, and only works in the context of the entire series.

>came up with the idea of Laura protecting herself by taking the ring in the train car
I don't remember that. Where do you see her taking the ring?

S1 > S2 > FWWM > The Missing Pieces > Mulholland Drive > S3

>movie called "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" is only relevant in the context of Twin Peaks
really makes me think

That is the only way to do it. I guess you can watch the deleted scenes after the movie, but only for fun, most of them are boring or feel out-of-place.

If you got rid of the Chet Desmond stuff the plot would work as a piece of TP cannon AND a standalone film you utter faggot.

Did you watch the movie? The finale in the train car nigga

>flick filosopher
You can't make this shit up

He was likely joking. He tends to tell jokes

Best cunnilingus scene ever

Sheryl Lee's performance literally makes up for all the flaws in this movie, like how some scenes felt unfinished cause of massive cuts from the film. Hopefully someone makes a fan edit or Lynch makes a director's cut eventually.

>literally makes up for all the flaws in this movie
desu the only flaw I could think of is that Chester Desmond and Sam Stanley didn't get their own complete movie,

Are all gamers subhuman?

Yeah this was average as fuck. No need for the high praise

This movie is dead. Bury it.

that was just a bit of a shitpost user, I'm completely agree. It definitely seems like Lynch had two completely different stories in mind for FWWM and just went with both. FWWM should have just been Laura and had all the deleted Laura+Leland scenes included, and the Chet Desmond stuff should have been another whole movie.

bum[

>introduction of the ring
>introduction of the convenience store
>establishes that the MFAP is also the Arm of MIKE
>establishes that MIKE / the Arm have fucked motives
>introduces the Chalfonts

Sure, it's not necessary viewing, but a lot of S3 is derived from stuff introduced in the movie.

FWWM's soundtrack is leaps and bounds ahead of anything in S3 (except maybe night / the Fireman). The main theme fucks the original Twin Peaks theme in the ass.

FWWM was originally meant to be part of a trilogy btw
The nuclear / hobo stuff in S3 was meant to be its own movie
Chet Desmond would have probably got his own film

I didn't say it wasn't. Season 3's soundtrack is still grade A shit. It even actually has I think 2 tracks from FWWM on it because they weren't released on anything else.

Lee in FWWM and Charlize Theron in Monster are my two all time favourite performances

>When the Fuscos go to arrest Ike and Deer Meadow Shuffle starts playing
kino

The Pink Room scene and the song itself are a cinematic orgasm. When I got my new apartment with surround sound speakers the first test I had was to play The Pink Room on them

Speed Racer
Man of Steel
Only God Forgives
Birdman
Baby Driver
Mother! (literally, literally fucking awful)
The Descendants

The disorienting sound design when mike yells at Leland and Laura on the road worked so well. Definitely sound design kino