Bionicle Live Action movie in the works at WB

I got this information from a source that works at WB. It seems that after the failure of The Lego Ninjago Movie, The Lego Group decided to let Warner Bros. to make a live action adaptation on one of their most succesfull original IPs,Bionicle.
There is nothing much known other than the story being based on the 2001-2010 series and probably going to use motion capture. The movie won't have humans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v78I_VfIHC0
youtube.com/watch?v=rqbjlj6Sius
youtube.com/watch?v=0DcQDn7wapw
youtu.be/vaLX6pRtM8I
youtube.com/watch?v=JMLAKtT2HKk
youtube.com/watch?v=5yA9hheaU3w
youtube.com/watch?v=K1CTPC02n0c
youtube.com/watch?v=D8lGEfkhvYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmao i wish

I want to believe

There's no way they'll achieve the levels of DEEPEST LORE needed for Bionicle.

You don't need a Bionicle movie when you've got this.

I thoroughly enjoyed how pants-on-head retarded that lore got. Played the shit out of that point and click game on the website when I was a kid.

Memories.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=v78I_VfIHC0

The new Bayformers? Universal wanted to make a live action Hero Factory movie back in 2011-2012 but Lego didn't let them do that.

Bionicle Cinematic Universe?

Who will be the qt that gets to play Gali?

Megan Fox

>Bionicle
>Live action
won't work

Transformers worked

lego wouldn't allow that after the twice failure of bionicle. it's fucking dead. deader than dead.

Yeah, but the bionicle universe doesn't have humans in it

Will this be tye new Apes Kino Trilogy?

first wave wasn't a failure though. It was one of Lego's most successful lines

>live action
Literally impossible. There are no humans, or even earth in Bionicle. It's a totally different planet. Are they just going to have some live sets with more greenscreen than the prequels?

There are no humans in the Lion King but they announce it as Live Action too.
Live action = CGI fest that doesn't look too cartoony.

Probably. Bionicle was never taken seriously with purely 3d creation. Should've just been a 2d cartoon

>tfw remembering BZPower, one of the first and only forums I posted on
>all the fanmade Bionicle comics and flash games

>There are no humans in the Lion King but they announce it as Live Action too.
Fuck, you're right. Maybe this wont be so bad after all...

twenty fucking years ago

I still wish I could make some bionicles again. I got pretty fucking good at it for my age

Then why cant Transformers have only Transformers and maybe one or two humans?

I used to basically live on BZPower. In 2010 or 2011 they spent half a year rebooting their forums and a lot of the members moved on in that time. The website is pretty awful now.

Ummm no sweetie

Who should direct it? I say Zack Snyder!

No. Baykino. Michael Bay is da best.

Lads did anyone have that Bionicle promo game for PC? It had that badass cinematic of the guy on the beach and the gameplay was 2d sidescrolling platformer.
And one of the menus looked like it was in an apartment or something.
Does anybody know this? I never got into Bionicle beyond that but I watched that cinematic every fucking day as a kid.

Bionicle Heores?

I got from those coco crunch freebies, it was a cd-rom got convinced by parents to buy me my first PC. If you bought the 1st gen Bionicles, they have a code behind their mask that you can input them in-game.

You probably mean Mata Nui Online Game

biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/online/matanui/

Just found it, apparently it was a cereal tie-in yeah. I'd completely forgotten about the part at the start where the guy finds the remains on the beach. Creeped the fuck outta me.
youtube.com/watch?v=rqbjlj6Sius
Christ I was so shit at the game

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcQDn7wapw
literally the only thing I remember from this show

I know those feels too.

>live action
>motion capture
ISHYGDDT

>WB thinks that they can possibly top this
youtu.be/vaLX6pRtM8I

Those animations were great, I'm glad they used were consistently for the entire toyline's run.
youtube.com/watch?v=JMLAKtT2HKk

Yeah this is total bullshit, Lego literally discontinued Bionicle because they don't give a fuck about it

I think Bionicle lore may have been the very first lore that I gave a damn about.
I can't remember ever being concerned with shit like 'backstory' or origins or anything like that before I fell in love with Bionicle.

I remember this. It really made me suddenly want to know all there was to know about the bionicles and where they came from.

i still have all of mine and i plan on having my kids play with them

>Not posting the absolute, undisputed most kino Bionicle cinematic ever released:
youtube.com/watch?v=5yA9hheaU3w

Hope

Boring. Inika rule!

yes because kids today know what bionicle is

>Guys, maybe we should make a movie about our most profitable franchise. The one with anorexic exoskeletons we invented 20 years ago
>But how?
>MOCAP
>Great, I'll call Tom Cruise
>Hey let's make the white bigger than the others so we can put Dwayne Johnson in this

>Inikia
Ooh, poor taste my friend. Worst Toa line imo.

Michael Bay mocap bionicle would be absolute kidkino. They should do the original toa vs. the rolly things who could shoot their necks out.

>Who will direct it?
>Well,Michael Bay made Transformers a succes so...get him!

>Live action
>Bionicle

Hero Factory is better.

Ahhhh that music

Weren't those the guys with the weird rubbery masks? They and the Piraka were both weird.

The animations ARE great, they should have kept the original toy look in the movies instead of making weird realistic versions
>tfw we will never get a faux stop motion bionicle movie like the new lego movies

Yeah but they had a cool commercial

Fun isn't something one would consider when balancing the themes... But this does put a smile on my face...

I chewed on the rubbery masks.

That would be fucking amazing

Umarak The Hunter must be the villain!!!!

I preferred the OTHER commercial. :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=K1CTPC02n0c

I wonder how Bionicle fans look like especially Bionicle fangirls...

tell me about bionicles
why do they wear the mask?

It gives them special powers depending on the mask worn and helps them defeat enemies.

The little rubber masks mind control them to do evil or some shit.

This show was so good :c

What happens...if we take off their masks...

Still better than Capeshit.
I'd support it,Capeshit must end!!!

their strength is halved, lesser beings like Matoran fall unconscious and eventually die

you might say it would be extremely painful

Bionicle had such a unique aesthetic and setting that I don't think it would be possible to make a film about it

10/10 parent
My friend has his first generation and depending on how drunk we are we'll break them out and play with them

>Literally Bayformers aesthetic
The Fallen says Hi!

Kopaka was so cool
Always wanted to own him :c

My first experience with the internet was going on the family computer and reading the lore on the bionicle website for hours.

You and me both

bring on the era of Maskshit!

This is G2 concept art. They had humans at some point.

>aesthetic
Eh...

>be me, 9 or 10
>mom doesn't like me being on the computer for so long
>tell her I want to use the internet "just to print out a picture"
>instead I spend hours on BionicleSector01 reading and watching everything I can
I look back fondly on those days.

those are smaller bionicles in the background dumpass

Are you blind? Take a better look please.

>literally EVA units

Take a better look and tell me that these are not...well,humans...

So fucking cool, concept art in general is amazing stuff

those designs are pretty sick, younger me would have loved that

>Humans
They are niggers

It is awesome

Mahri had a better commercial.

that's just the loose artstyle. they're clearly meant to be generic bionicles, villagers of some sort

>this is my OC Shadow Kopaka he is Kopaka's dark side brought to life he can use all the elements and shadow powers and has a cape and claws do not steal

I think the second movie was probably my favourite film as a kid. That green guy was hilarious.

>tfw just remembered I used to post my custom bionicles and their lore on a fansite
>tfw just remembered I lego social media account which was basically myspace for kids and it was full of bionicle shit

Weird.

Transformers is better

>WB thinks they can top THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=D8lGEfkhvYg

I mean more the super-advanced biomechanical robots living in a tribal lifestyle and worshipping a dead god who also happens to be the island they live on

It's crazy shit and easier to sell to a kid than an average adult

The top one looks cool, but the bottom one and the rest of the concept art looks like some hero factory shit

I'm too afraid to rewatch Mask of Light

>rubbery masks
>best weapon, armor, and articulation design to date
really if youre just complaining about the masks then youre a fucking faggot