So, is Ian Jones Quartey the Gabe Newell of animation and comics...

So, is Ian Jones Quartey the Gabe Newell of animation and comics? Meaning that he/she has apparently extreme highly critical acclaim, but was never explained as to why he or she is the "king" of whatever?

This Gary Coleman looking nigga

Ian has zero critical acclaim. He just made a webcomic that people liked. That guy who wrote for dinosaur comics wrote a web comic people liked, and then went to write for Squirrel Girl.

I don't care, he's ugly as fuck

>So, is Ian Jones Quartey the Gabe Newell of animation and comics?
They're also both fat as fuck and haven't produced anything in over a decade

gaben is king because of steam and he has made valve metric fuckton of money

iv never been much of a fan since he dropped rpgworld and his stuffs been medicore since.

He looks like a lesbian

he's worked on a lot of good stuff, but none being his own stuff

Chocolate rain was a good song

Why the fuck does that matter?

No, because he doesn't have a funny nickname that he hates that everyone calls him.

It doesn't, but it is a funny observation

Why this nigga look like Idi Amin. I asked this before but never got an answer

Thank you for reminding me that exists.

Nigga, what do you think?
>Idi Amin "died" in 2003
>Ian Jones-Quartey started RPG World in 2004

He is Rebecca Sugar's boyfriend and Ruby and Sapphire were based of their relationship, so... he's likely to be queer in some respect

>He just made a webcomic that people liked.
Dude, he did nockFORCE too.

He's legit.

Well before SU and Lakewood plaza Turbo he was the author of a successful webcomic, up until he decided to abandon it forever during the last chapter

>Ian Jones Quartey
Who?

A dude that makes stuff.

No? I dunno what the fuck a good comparison to Gaben is but Ian ain't it. Unless he founded Cartoon Hangover, then maybe.

>apparently extreme highly critical acclaim
I really can't imagine what you're talking about.

His webcomic is forgotten, nobody ever watched nockFORCE, he was just part of the team for Steven Universe, just part of the cast for Bravest Warriors, and now his own show hasn't even started.

Knowing who he is doesn't mean he's actually well known and acclaimed.

So does that mean when people jerk to ruby and saphire they're jerking to rebecca and ian fucking?

Nockforce a huge boost from jim being on the rebel taxi podcast I think and the webcomic was popular enough for someone like jello appocalyse to mention at least.

Wrong guy.

I'd say the Gabe Newel of comics was Will Eisner. In that his greatest intellectual property was taking a cliche'd storyline in the medium (aliens vs. humans / noir detective vigilante), taking it dead seriously, and elevating it to an artform. They were similar trailblazers in their respective fields

>nockFORCE
Wow it's fucking nothing.

>he/she
>he or she

probably. I know in one of the books put out she dedicated the book to Ian which said "my sapphire."

Wow, nockFORCE has gotten a lot more views since I last looked.

That's all still a far cry from "extremely high critical acclaim."

Did you just assume their gender(s)?

underaged detected

I'm just confused zir

Give back the money you stole from Jim AND the fans of Nockforce who donated.

As for his acclaim to fame, outside of NockForce, which he fucked royally and to this day got away with doing, he is the man behind OK KO, which just got green-lit and is nearing the final production, as well as the man who helps Rebecca Sugar finish up things on her show, Steven Universe, though as of last season, he pretty much signed off on it.

Oh, and he also started up a pretty well received webcomic which he decided to never finish, leaving it on a cliff hanger, all so he could finish up NockForce, as they had pitched it to a company that wanted to invest in it.

Funny thing is, if you could not read between the lines of this post, he never finished his well adored web comic, and he left Nockforce high and dry too, despite the co-creator Jim Griesel, and the fans doing all they can to push it to other companies and even raise money via a kickstater-esque thing.

Despite his shady past, I wish him well on OK KO, and can see it easily becoming one of the new mainstream CN shows once they retire a few others by the end of next year.

No, he's not, leaving aside that Gabe bathes himself in gold every morning, Ian didn't do anything of notice yet, and no, internet fame is nothing and counts for nothing, unless your name is pewdiepie