Toonami Ratings for 3/18/17

One Piece is officially cancelled. This week Tokyo Ghoul fills the schedule opening at 1am. Unicorn moves down to 2am. Everything else stays the same. One Piece fans were right, it did get better when Thriller Bark ended.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week, Jack brought in ratings we haven't seen on Toonami in years. Everything else was in the shitter. Now, between DST and the Nielson power failure, it's safe to assume some of the ratings issues last week were recording problems. This week, Jack still did good and was the highest non sport show, but not as good as last week. Everything else went up a little bit, further proving there was some errors last week. The last showing of One Piece went out with a whimper. Looks like Sand Whale gets ratings too, and shocking to no one, lots of people tuned out.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1300 0.68 871
11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1054 0.52 666
12:00a Sand Whale and Me 893 0.45 574
12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 973 0.48 616
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 790 0.41 527
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 679 0.36 456

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 660 0.34 438
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 656 0.34 431
2:30a One Piece 587 0.30 386
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 559 0.28 365

Don's Donuts did pretty shitty

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.50 804 0.29 376
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.44 693 0.27 344
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.46 668 0.30 382
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.53 761 0.37 477

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.67 984 0.48 612
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.83 1275 0.65 834

And reruns stayed consistent

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 561 0.27 352
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 544 0.27 346
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 548 0.27 346

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 563 0.27 349
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 552 0.26 339

>One Piece is officially cancelled.

good riddance. terrible adaptation

Best

Ok fess up, who fucked up and waifud the one who bought it early?

If you know anything about ratings, SJ will continue to fall until it hits about a million and then peaks again at about episode 5 and then peaks a third and fourth time at the last two episodes.

>last Toonami thread where OP is on topic

Let's go out big, post all your OP butthurt, tears and salt

>a million at 11pm

If it gets that low there is gonna be a bigger issue

I Can't wait for Kill La Kill to stop being on topic as well.

hmm...

and I thought Samurai Meme was bad; Sand Whale and Meme kills the block in 5 minutes

>ended right before the timeskip dub
D:

>Sand Whale is 5 whole minutes
>80 thousand people fucked off for 5 minutes then came back for Kai
>probably even more just left for the night

Sand whale was a mistake

Still, it's a shame they canned it right before the show entered it's most action-filled arc in the series.

Ah yes how could I forget, butthurt OPfags will take up the position KLKfags had and will just spam their show every thread because they are mad it's gone. I can't wait

That's kinda impressive in a horrible way.

>most action filled arc of the series

Prediction: Anyone that talks shit about Tokyo Ghoul (and there's gonna be a lot of people that do that because the show is awful) is going to be accused of being butthurt about One Piece.

Starting right now with me, even.

>most action filled arc
>t. OPFags after every arc Toonami ever aired

Well, the Paramount War was, I'm assuming that was the arc in question.
And if it wasn't, Sabaody and Impel Down were up there.

Nah TG is really terrible and most of us know that. It's people who add in whining about OP who will be accused

the dubs still going, the first timeskip set will be out in june or something

also anyone suggesting disney xd to pick up where toonami left off is dumb, although I really wish toonami went through sabaody at least since the soap bubble giant trees with the amusement park would have been fun

also the racism, slavery, classism, and all the other shit would have been fun

also duval

None of that will be anywhere near as fun as TG will end up being

For once, your meming makes since. SWaM looks like trash.

but tokyo ghoul is just awful

and i still think duval could have been the funniest thing to ever happen on toonami

t. Shit taste.

>a million places to watch or read one piece
>cry when it stops airing at 3am

no, who gives a fuck

Exactly. Awful shows lead to great threads. Barely anyone posted about OP anyway. TG will be at 1 so will generate plenty of content

Looks like people have already lost interest in the Buu saga about where it starts to stall out. Maybe the Goku vs Vegeta fight will kick it back over 1 mil but I doubt it.

How many more episodes of Beerus are in Super?
Does this mean Jojo is on at 1:30 now?
Shippuden is the last show on the block?

jojo is fucking awful and kills every show after it

no, shows that are so bad that they're funny make good threads, but tokyo ghoul is basically a naruto filler level of unfunny awfulness

because it's done by naruto's studio

and more than half of it is filler

for a 26 episode series

Try reading the OP idiot

Every show is awful and kills the show after it.
Almost like people don't want to stay up until 3 in the morning to watch years old anime.

Finally, the cancer killing the block is gone

>cancer killing the block
>One Piece
What did he mean by this?

I had no idea Naruto fans were so dedicated to the filler arcs. Are they just done better than other shonen shows?

>a 5 minute short beats the JoJo Meme Show in ratings

Time to apologize, Sup Forums, we have our new One Piece.

it's on between two dragon balls

if it didn't do better then it would be the death of toonami

since it couldn't do better than dragon ball kai it's dead in the water

Yes, the lowest rated show that has a billion episode was the cancer killing the block.

Never was an issue before

>show in literally the worst timeslot has the worst ratings

whoa what a shock

>MUH TIMESLOT

It was earlier when it started, and had to be moved down for doing shitty. It NEVER did well no matter what they did

What are you timeslot whiners gonna do next week when Naruto does great there?

So what did everyone think of Aku's new voice?

he sounded like the guy on 2 broke girls

One Piece is LITERALLY the Home Movies of toonami

except Home Movies actually has fans

It was pretty good actually. I was afraid that because Mako is gone they were gonna write very few Aku scenes and give him very little dialogue, similar to what they did with Iroh in Avatar's 3rd season, but they came out strong and unafraid of the voice change which I find encouraging.

all shows start earlier when they start and move down if they're longer, but for some reason this is only bad for one piece

it won't, there's even been times when one piece did better so it's probably going to be ugly especially since it's lead in is gundam now

ehhhhhhhh

It's nowhere near how good Mako's voice was, but it is a fitting replacement. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.

>OP ever outdoing Naruto

OPfag delusions are getting absurd

Naruto used to be led into by HxH, now it's Gundam, which is a steep drop even after Jojo. I'd be surprised in Shippuden breaks 600k this saturday.

Hold on, people still watch Naruto?
They still AIR Naruto?

>Naruto
>Outdoing anything.
What are you in 10th grade?

it has a few times, although i don't have exact dates or anything

I actually did a few times, when really good OP episodes were stacked up against shitty Naruto filler, and it wasn't by much.

>except Home Movies actually has fans
hahahahaha no

If toonami had streamed SJ like they did for the first episode it would have gotten way higher ratings.

Man I haven't seen Geers in forever.

that's not how this works

that's not how any of this works

One pieces anime is terrible.

Way too much fucking filler.

technically there's barely any filler from here on out, but everything gets really stretched out to the point they cover less than a chapter of material in an episode

the problem is/was that they didn't do actual filler arcs like naruto does, except some short 2 episode ones when the movies came out

last saturday was actually had the first filler arc start that didn't match the above movie situation since the episode that aired on toonami that night too

One Piece has very little filler over all, what makes it terrible is the padding. They stretch out the canon parts to make them last as long as possible. A manga like one piece that comes out weekly with like 19-25 pages per chapter can be adapted at a rate of about 2 chapters per episode, maybe slightly more or slightly less depending on the density of information in each chapter and if the anime team takes liberties with some scenes or skips over others.

But Toei adapts One Piece at somewhere between 1 and 2 chapters per episode at the fastest. At the particularly slow points, like the worst parts of Enies Lobby or Thriller Bark, they were going barely 1 chapter per episode, and later on they do even less than that.

Stay anally devastated that people prefer Nacho over your One Piece of SHIT.

nachos are pretty delicious

I'm not really mad, I'm just surprised Naruto is still airing. I figured they would've finished with that months ago.

i think it'll get cut by the end of the pain arc, either because of ratings or viz pushing boruto instead

Can someone fucking explain why Toonami doesn't start at 8, do people need to watch king of the hill and family guy that much?

yes

>kill it at the last bit that was even remotely enjoyable
Makes sense to me.

>Everyone who thinks CRAWLING IN MY SKIN: The anime is shit is an OPfag

Wew lad

although if they do kill it i hope they do it before they bring everyone back to life like they should have ended one piece after kuma annihilates the crew

>kirby playing jump rope with a furfag

you mean knuckles

Yes, without Seth Toonami would die. They can't even afford to fill the time they have anyway

FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS IT PART VIDEO GAME DEMARCO FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE.

>If it gets that low there is gonna be a bigger issue

...The fuck are they going to do? Not renew it for a sixth season that wasn't going to happen anyway?

Spa island was actually the last filler arc that wasn't advertisement for the movie until the recent one.

>implying Impel Down wasn't good
Or are you just mad that Ace died?

Toonami will take the damage for any failures of Jack

no, i just wanted downer endings for the end of their toonami runs

>Tokyo Ghoul replacing One Piece

What the hell compelled Demarco to pick that fucking show? The clear choice should have been BoBoBo

>more le wacky screaming bullshit

It's like you don't even know why everyone hated OP

>BoBoBo

I like your taste, user.

Starting Saturday, I'm gonna storytime One Piece at 1-2 chapters a week picking up from where Toonami left off, and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.

I will be merciful though and double up the pages so it goes quickly and doesn't eat up posts.

Who cares? Once Jack ends Toonami will serve no purpose
>abloobloobloo muh anime reruns from a billion years ago
Good riddance

But unlike One Piece, it's actually entertaining.

Cool, and you will be hated just like the last person who did this.

Nice, my memory of Sabaody's always a bit fuzzy.

Yea can't argue that

I'll be sure to report every post as off topic image dumping

Different user, but I thought people liked One Piece?

I think people exaggerate, but it is long as fuck and not a really well paced adaption. Like the manga's arcs can drag but that's only to get the full essence of the story and not to miss a detail. With the anime, it's literally stalling for time.

Fuck you all, I still love One Piece.

The manga sure. The anime was a waste of space on Toonami with its horrendous pacing

awesome yes thank you please image spam unrelated topics in the general proving to everyone OPfags are just going to be KlK 2.0

>b-b-but OP isn't u-unrelated

It's no longer on the block, just like KlK