Now that the dust has settled, give your opinion on this film using one sentence

Now that the dust has settled, give your opinion on this film using one sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked it.

The set design was too clean and sterile and was missing the clutter and chaos from the first film.

Great movie, that some people are overrating because we've been starved for good sci fi for so long, and other people are hating because the first group like it so much.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

Literally wrong, the only clean parts were the Wallace parts, which is comparable to the Tyrell parts in the original

It's 30 years later after a blackout and a huge reform, of course it's gonna look different. Being generally cleaner shows how they've made an effort to try to improve things.

personally im glad half the runtime wasnt spent pushing oblivious crowds out of the way like the first movie

The movie that defined a generation.

It's good, not an amazing film but worth seeing.

Better than the original.

Nah the Vegas parts and the city itself, while huge and sprawling, didn't feel like a cramped cyberpunk nightmare like in the first one.

i wish it was more of a normie filter to validate the film in my fellow hardercore user's mind thus allowing me to enjoy it with less guilt of normalism.

it was real gud thou

I thought LA felt very cramped, like the flight to the LAPD, where you see city blocks and realize how fucking big it is yet also how much life is crammed into one tiny piece of it

I'm pretty fuckin tired of using terms like "sterile" or "clean" like it's an argument against the film.
The "sterile" visuals are the entire point, to show the bleak empty future after the blackout where nature is practically non existent that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.

It would make no sense for this film to look extremely colorful and dense, it would make no sense to fill the streets with thousands of extras, it would make no sense to shoot it on grainy film, it would make no sense to make it seem "alive" when everything in it is basically dead.
It's sad that you are comparing visuals of films just by looking at which looks move "nice" or "epic" to you without zero context of the narrative.

It's the best possible Blade Runner sequel we ever could've gotten.

I'm loving those dislikes and negative comments

Thicc ass. Good pussy.

it was cool bro

A better scifi movie and a better mystery story than the original, with equally good aesthetics.

semen demon.

Best movie of this decade.

Cheeto dust, nothing more.

My all-time favorite.

Best movie of the decade despite its flaws.

Almost as good as the original, but still an excellent film that sits with the viewer long after watching it.

A movie that could have been great if not for a boring score and Jared Leto.

*hard-light mode activated*
say that again

>boring score
I vehemently disagree with you but then again, music is a very subjective art form and everyone has different tastes.

The original Vangelis score definitely was more interesting though.

what's it competing against?

I agree with this, it wasn't jarring in any of the sets apart from K's apartment though, which is one of the only things I would change about the movie

Villeneuve's other movies.

Best movie of the year. In 10 years everyone that didn't like it will turn around and there will be a million retrospective articles and videos about how good it was, followed by the same retards saying shit along the lines of"movies like this just can't get made anymore because of stupid people who won't go see them" even though the same people saying that will be the people who ignored it upon release, much like the thing.

Good flick, but about 30 minutes longer than it needed to be.

I listen to the original's score while I do things around the house. The only interesting bits were the tiny homages to the original's motifs, but even then, it just serves to remind you that it isn't very good.

Fury Road

I haven't seen it yet.

Looked pretty neat, but the story was garbage.

So just like the original then?

other films from this decade you fucking retard jesus christ

Comfy movie. I enjoyed it.

Probably capeshit considering thats all the people who praise this movie watch if they're not watching game of thrones and the walking dead.

lolwut

No, it completely failed to live up to the original.
Not that the original is any sort of paragon of filmmaking or anything, there are definitely flaws there too, but it at least came together as a solid little package.

rude.

It had way more meat and more to say than the original though, it's clearly superior

That's two sentences. Fag.

Under the Skin

A few times in the last act I think they kind of "hit you over the head" with some flashbacks or cutaways to explain things, especially the realization of who the child is.

>clearly
oh my

But no, this didn't say anything more interesting than the first did.

Way off baseline.

Perfection. It's the best movie I've seen in years.

If it's till going on the theaters in my country. I'll be going for a third view.

I was expecting a trite and forced disappointment and got a soaring and graceful journey through mist and mystery, theme and time, through love and loss.

I'm genuinely staggered at how it's seemingly been completely dismissed. I've seen most of the well reviewed movies out of the american movie industry this year, and this was by far the best for me.

Villenedditor’s sequel is more ultra-hack Scott than visionary Wong

>Not that the original is any sort of paragon of filmmaking or anything
I'd argue that it is, especially for the genre.
I agree the story is the weakest part, but the strength of the rest of the movie really holds everything else up.
I really liked Drive:2049, and it's hard to compare a movie I've watched dozens of times over the last two decades of my life to a movie I saw once in the theater.
I also wish it hadn't been a sequel, and it was just a standalone movie, all the ties it tries to make to the original just end up feeling like they held the movie back.

same

Appropriate sequel.

it was capeshit for wojack posting "feels waifu" redditors

This is an incredibly well thought-out reply. You are too good for Sup Forums my friend. We need more kino posts like this.

kek, this

A solid and accessible film that stands above over mainstream films of the 2010's.

This movie fucked up a week of my life

>just a week
Lucky you

Saw it three times.

nice copycat i guess

TORRENT

FUCKING

WHEN

Great looking movie, but harrison ford was bolted onto a story with writing that could have been better.

I'm looking forward to watching it on BD alone in my empty house after wageslaving all day.

This. Also I felt like the first film felt way more alive with more people being shown living in the city, crowding places

epic and rewatchable but normies stay away

Fpbp

ah, best post as well

It took something like five months for John Wick 2 to drop. This is probably going to take just as long. Big budget releases are really secure these days so you'll have to either deal with a """""HDTS""""" or wait for the BR home release.

kay, I'll wait then

the original looked neat, but is way too boring to watch again

Best movie of the decade, at least.

It wasn't perfect but it had a deep impact on me on a very personal level and I didn't think any movie could still make me feel this way.

I preferred him kind of being added on near the end rather than having the story rely on him or play a bigger role

I really liked it. Then it became cool to hate it. Now I hate it.
t. Sup Forums

Better than expected and better than a lot of movies in recent memory.

The hobbit movies and the dark knight rises

I’ve been rewatching it since it came out. Not off this ride yet.

My favorite movie.

t o o r e a l

Excuse me best scene coming through

I suppose you posted the wrong picture, it's alright, everybody makes mistakes.

It reminded me that big budget movies could be legitimately good instead of just enjoyable.

pls giv ai gf

Why did you post a scene that should have been cut?

>that picture
cringed
boggles the mind how someone could post something like that unironically

>Better than the original.

>why don’t you look under my eye and check?
What would you say then?

An actual detective story, a main character with an actual arc, an actually engaging and consensual romance, better special effects, better action scenes, a much better developed world, amazing cinematography. Yeah, br2049 is better.

>Dude, why isn't this nuclear-wasteland filled with people, lol
They explicitly said that Vegas got hit with a dirty bomb and was radioactive, you cromagnon

but its kino dude - posted from my Sup Forums mobile app

Also Harrison Ford was boring in the first one and the only thing the original did better was Vangelis and be original.

They like the movie. Was that so mind boggling?

>muh plot
>better developed world
really?
the only scene in the new one where they actually made some visual world building was the scene where K was eating some noodles outside
other than that the whole movie was focused on its plot
which isn't a bad thing
I liked the fact that they took a different approach
but the original presented its world in such a beautiful way where I just lost myself in it

>he thinks Rachel was raped
Maybe actually watch the scene

>an actually engaging and consensual romance
Truly 2049 is the soyboys favorite

Better than the original.