/trek/

Around Talax, Never Relax Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uORfwJ0-SGM
pastebin.com/qh3fPmBt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for cummies

Why did anyone think Neelix was a good idea?

>Tom
>Neelix
>Chakotay
>Holodecks
A lot of bad ideas in this show

Why are holodecks so hated in these threads.

Daily Reminder Dukat did nothing wrong.

Because they're a fairly lazy plot device. A neat idea used sparingly but quickly became a crutch for the writers.

it's just one autist who wants to derail every thread with his autism. just ignore him.

That and they're not consistent, which results in people saying that there are diegetical reasons for them to be different in every single episode

thoughts on the animated series? looks... fun

Neelix was a good character after season 2.
Fair Trade and Mortal Coil are two great Neelix centred eps

The Slaver Weapon is the best episode of Star Trek.
Neelix was never a good character.

Post worst techs
From most harmful to least harmful
>Time Travel*
>Replicators
>Transporters
>Holosuites

*can be rad tho..

yeah its hit or miss but not a bad continuation, get high and you'll have a good time

I've only seen one episode, but aside from the very VERY limited animation (it is Hanna-Barbera after all), it's fine. Comes across as more silly, though the storylines really aren't so.

A few episodes are kino

Neelix never was a good character. He had tolerable moments but he was never someone you wanted to actually watch

>Neelix was never a good character.
By season 4 Ethan had figured out the character as being the cojoling and fun buddy who would sacrifice himself others. I liked most of the post Kes/neelix episodes

Best couple.

*pi-yoooom*

*runs towards Dabo wheel*

It's enjoyable, I actually prefer tbe TAS opening theme to the original. The Lorelei Signal is probably my favorite.

I thought his interactions with Naomi were quite endearing actually.

You're INSIDIOUS Javert.

The Voyager had dumb use of holodecks, like Janeway's stupid Irish village and Janeway's stupid nanny program. The Captain Proton/Hirogen hunting ones and Chaotica episodes were pretty fun, though.

:(

This is the episode where she dies.

Whether or not the actor understood the character, the character was still an annoying retard who makes me uncomfortable.
>Implying Neelix wasn't a literal pedophile

>A pedophile grooming his next victim is endearing

>Neelix was a good character

As a kid I always asked my mom to dress me as Armus for Halloween, she looked disappointed every year and I didn't understand until I was in my 20s why.

My future balding pattern.
>the character was still an annoying retard who makes me uncomfortable.
I don't know how you could be so upset at such an unimposing, never-in-your-face type of character. Your terminology is a bit crude, though.

Mirror Trip is a badass

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE
youtube.com/watch?v=uORfwJ0-SGM

How come every episode of DS9 on Netflix says CC are the start? Did they hardcore that on to it?

Maybe having a daughter makes me look at it differently

>unimposing, never-in-your-face
ugh

I liked the one with the spaceship graveyard. Some of the more interesting aliens they come across makes me upset that the other shows were limited by budget and reality.

Would've been nice to see trek just a bit after voyager/ds9, decades maybe.
No noonien style android as a standard character, but them showing up occasionally just like any other character of alien races.

I feel like there are a lot of sameposters in here with the number of just quoting and using reaction picture types of post. It really is low quality posting and like sign language for an imageboard

I gotta agree, I love that joyous rapscallion.

I'm sorry that I don't dignify people calling Neelix 'unimposing, never-in-your-face' with a paragraph-long response.

>tfw Paramount will never let you do your awesome TNG/DS9/VOY crossover movie because Nemesis tanked.
Feels bad

Being pro-Neelix should disqualify you from posting ITT. I'm not even memeing.

can't you crop those bars?

>I'm sorry that I don't dignify people calling Neelix 'unimposing, never-in-your-face' with a paragraph-long response.
If you take my whole post in context, I was pointing out that the thread is full of those non-response types of responses and we aren't even 50 posts deep.

Gee you're a bright one, huh?

Do you have anything to say or do you just throw .jpgs at people and pretend to be smug over a non-opinion about a marginal character on a long finished series of sci-fi?

Yeah but it's quicker and easier not to. I only have MS paint at my disposal and don't feel like dealing with the tedium. I also don't see it as a big deal.

>rumpelstiltskin

Is DS9 season 1, the worst season 1 of them all?

Are you just trying to deflect from the fact that you think Neelix is a good character? Do you want me to stop posting Trek-related images in a Trek thread? Are you just trolling me? I doln't understand what you're trying to do.
By the way, Neelix isn't that marginal--wherein lies the problem.

it has Duet tho, and the rest of the last episodes were good. TNG had it worse, but it's got more to it feeling like a companion to TOS season 3, which wasn't very good.

>Are you just trying to deflect from the fact that you think Neelix is a good character?
No, but it's just an opinion and it's mine, whereas you really didn't have an opinion just a quote and an image.
>Do you want me to stop posting Trek-related images in a Trek thread?
No and I never implied that.
>Are you just trolling me?
No
>I don't understand what you're trying to do.
I've been 100% conspicuous in my replies
>By the way, Neelix isn't that marginal--wherein lies the problem.
Harry Kim might be the only other cast member above him so I'd say that's marginal.

>hereas you really didn't have an opinion
How can you say that when I've been saying that Neelix is bad for almost the entire thread?
I'm done replying to you, you're obviously in love with the sight of your own writing.

One day 7 decided that she wanted to learn more about the process of biological assimilation. She instructed the Holodeck to create a simulation of the digestive system of a humanoid female at a scale of roughly 1000 to 1. As she was embarking on her expedition the holodeck failed when the ship encountered a major spatial anomaly. This anomaly happened to result in the presence of a wormhole exactly where the model's esophagus would be, a wormhole leading to the same point in the anatomy of Ezri Dax. The wormhole had a side effect: 7 was shrunk by it's subspace matrix down to one one-thousandth of her original size!

Dax felt something in her throat and swallowed, sending 7 down to her stomach. She wondered what it had been but it never occurred to her to look into the slight sensation of 'presence' in her mouth. It never occurred to her that one of the missing crew of the starship Voyager had been digested within her Trill stomach, fuel for her symbiont. But the symbiont had all of 7's memories, as a side effect of the digestion.

>How can you say that when I've been saying that Neelix is bad for almost the entire thread?
Funny, all I see is anonymous and one guy called Nordic Wonder. I wish I had that plug-in though, would make these conversations easier to parse

How can there be any war crimes if there wasn't a war?

Stop replying to me, this is your last (you) out of me

You're very anti-social and reactionary.

Threadly reminder thanking user for this:

pastebin.com/qh3fPmBt

It wasn't that bad. The first few episodes were a slog but it picks up. I liked that episode.
>Bashir creates a submissive Dax that wants his dick and the real Dax is offended
kek
Also the Lwaxana episode was good. What did she mean by this?

aggressive, adverservial

>3 books read by Gates McFadden
I don't know if I can fap to that but I'm sure as hell gonna try.

What movie is that?

it's sort of obvious when they're using scripts rejected for tng, or at least it seems that way using ideas more suited for a different show

who would win?

technically Worf won

Source unknown but I don't think it's real.

Discovery is an actually enjoyable series with a lot of potential after they wrap up the Klingon War arc and go full-on exploration of alternate universes like the set-up for the next episode. There's even some comic relief in that time loop episode.

Frankly, TNG had a terrible starting season, yet people gave it a chance and thus it was allowed to improve. Why not do the same now?

4/10 bait

Because I can't watch Discovery on Netflix or Amazon

it looks like it's from the 70s but those are some nice knockers

Why did the Cardassians let the Federation and Bajorans use Terok Nor? They're the kind of people I'd expect to just blow it up out of spite once they left.

How the fuck would they even go about doing that

People don't like new things.

I originally thought the season was entirely predictable and shallow but after ep 9 I realized that a lot of the plot goes deeper than the surface dialogue and, if they play it right, the second half could be really good.

People should give it a chance for the full season and then bag it. All shows are like this and newfags especially will try to impress by loving "the good old stuff"

t. Gay black mushroom doctor

They sabotaged it to hell and back and the only reason it was working was because of Chief O'Brien. You can see the traps they laid in Civil Defense. They made it extremely difficult to get back up and running. Plus they wanted to take it take it back

>it looks like it's from the 70's
If it is then that's the only way it lines up. McFadden is 68. She would have turned 20 in 1969 so for all we know it could be her but there is so little information on it I have no idea.

>How the fuck would they even go about doing that
user, you're talking to a man who's in a mental hospital for the criminally insane, he probably thinks Gates MacFadden didn't die and get replaced by a skinnier older version of herself

I don't know, Spiner was developing the idea. Some existential threat that brings everyone together to overcome it?

>People should give it a chance for the full season and then bag it
I tried this with Designated Survivor and I regret it a lot, awful advice.

First Beverly was best Beverly

The way she grabs Wesley by the shoulders in Journey's End and they kiss on the lips.. I know it sounds strange but I, uh.. I, uh.. welp, BETTER NOT SAY

most. annoying, char, ever,

An alien named Smarbaj'j travels back to the 23rd century to destroy their history.

Captain, captain, captain!

he was jewish irl

Oh, so that's who future guy was!

>tfw no ENT 4th season or last TOS movie about Kirk going forward in time to get Sisko, Janeway, and Picard to go back to the 22nd century to help Captain Archer found the Federation

it's called method acting

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,I simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

>Data doesn't age.
imma call bull on that one, Gene

>tfw no Future Guy origin story episode where it's explained Future Guy is actually his rank in the timecop organization

5th* season

What is she, Paul McCartney? Although I will admit her appearance has changed a lot in the last 7 years. She was still extremely hot at 60 but now she's coming up on 70 and it looks like time is finally taking it's toll on her. It must be that ginger skin. Pic related is her 5 years ago I believe. Then again maybe it's just a simple case of aging.

I swear to fucking god DS9 stop doing that
>Sons and Daughters
>Synopsis says it has to do with Worf's son, Alexander
>eyeroll.jpg
>force myself to watch
>It's actually really good

fucking DS9

>Implying the 4th season was good enough to not do this instead

HE DIDN' DO NUFFIN'
HE A GOO BOY

The barrel lived though, and made Worf lose some honor.

that person was implying there was no 4th season

The Infinite Vulcan and The Magicks of Megas-Tu
are actually kino, contrary to popular belief.