What's the Battlefield Earth of comics & cartoons?

What's the Battlefield Earth of comics & cartoons?

Hmmm... there really haven't been any failures of a high enough profile and budget to qualify.

Maybe The Thief & The Cobbler, but that was a good movie dragged through development hell and into the trash.

Titan AE

Nemisis. Tries so hard to be witty and mind blowing.
Ends up blowing out it's asshole while pushing too hard.
But it keeps trying.
Soon you got bones falling out of that prolapsed rectum.
It goes on for hours of just blood gushing and screams of pain
You try to tell him to stop but he doesn't listen
you see his stomach collapse as organs begin falling out
soon you think you see bones shooting out
the screams go silent as the tongue rolls back into his throat just to be forcefully ejected out of his ass
then finally the skull plops onto the ground, the eyes looking up at you lidless and mimicking a look of shock.
Then the skull opens it's jaw and yells out
The aristocrats

But Titan AE was actually a decent film. Waaaay better than Bluth's other independent work... just a complete financial failure.

Frank Miller after Daredevil

Kick Ass

Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

What's the Citizen Cain of videogames?

As far as big budget failures go I'd say The Fantastic 4, Aeon Flux, or Green Lantern.

What's a big vanity project designed to push a stupid agenda that's poorly written and directed and is now a big joke? Clone Saga? OMD? Grounded? The Unfunnies?

Batman: Odyssey

Absolutely. It has to be this.
A total disaster that further shat on an anlready miserable director and forever marred the actors in it.
OONG

Daikatana

Civil War 2?

I didn't read it. Seems to fit the bill.

hmmm... possibly. Idk about the budget aspect though.

Oi mate, with that kind of mind you should ghost-write Nemesis 2 for me, call my agent and we'll discuss the film rights.

You're all focusing on the wrong aspect.

Battlefield Earth was written by L. Ron Hubbard.

It was John Travolta's passion project because he's a Scientologist, and genuinely thought that dense piece of crap was genius literature.

So the Sup Forums equivalent would be some creator's half-baked paean to another creator's already hackneyed work. Like Animated Titanic, except an actual passion project instead of cheap mimicry. Esp. if the creator is biased because of religious reasons.

It's me_.

I don't think we have a comic where every panel is inexplicably tilted off center.

Wait whats going on in here?
Was the comic funded by the hydrogen awareness association or something?