In 2008 were there constant Iron Man vs The Dark Knight threads on Sup Forums?

In 2008 were there constant Iron Man vs The Dark Knight threads on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3PAXN2G3NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There were people making fun of the end credits scene saying Avengers would flop.

in 2008 there was a shit ton of Goodnight sweet knight threads and almost no DC vs marvel threads. Marvel Studio didn't even existed yet, Iron Man is a Paramount movie.

Not really. You have to remember in 2006 X-men last stand came out, and in 2007 spider-man 3. Those franchises were looked down upon a bit aftet that. No one really connected that Iron Man couldn't have a Osborn reference or x-men reference in 2008, everyone thought Marvel was Marvel and didn't know it was 3 studios.

A lot of people were looking forward to the TDK. I do remember people kinda hating on IM cause it was pretty generic. I agreed, and still kinda do. It's a very predictiable super hero movie. You've seen one you've seen em all. TDK was pretty different and tried to bend the mold without breaking it. Wasn't really a Vs. too much. I don't remember people talking about IM that much till TIH showed Tony stark in it.

Wow the last 2 good capeflicks came out within 2 months of each other.

What is Logan?

people made fun of Downey for being a salty manlet since TDK was being praised to high heaven. now they just make fun of him for being a manlet.

Not really, back then people here actually enjoyed talking about movies.
Mems existed thou.

Not a good movie? Everyone memes that it was good but it's literally only because of the Johnny Cash trailer.

Shit

Yes. Back then waifu threads were numerous and considered cancer. We had many whiners crying for the creation of /cel/.

>tfw 2007 was pretty much the best year of my life...

Seems pretty tall on top of all those stacks of money.

Has there ever been a better deal in Hollywood than RDJ taking a % of gross revenue on all MCU movies he's in? Jesus christ. He has to be the richest actor alive right now.

logan is a turd of a flick

>Has there ever been a better deal in Hollywood than RDJ taking a % of gross revenue on all MCU movies he's in

Who is George Lucas, and how did he assblasted Fox to infinity and beyond by keeping merchandising rights for Star wars nowadays evaluated at 13 billion$ and counting?

What were some dank TDK memes from back in the day? I remember a few good "my father was a drunk...and a fiend" threads.

Imagine how critically acclaimed Iron Man would be if TDK didn't come out right before.

TDK came out a few months after Iron Man, the week after Hellboy 2 actually.

Iron man is only generic in retrospective now that half the MCU movies have followed it's formula, when it came it out it was actually a fresh and interesting take on the capeflick, and Robert Downey Jr was just coming back to the limelight so he was actually trying back then.

hockey mask
magic trick
rachel!

you couldn't release TDK in 2017

God I hope no one that was around then is still around here

MASTAH WOINE, SOME MEN JUST LOIK TO WUTCH D'WURL BOON

>the absolute fucking contrarianism of this place

TANGERINES?

>decent first half ruined by a god awful second half
>anything but crap

$0.02 has been deposited into your account

these memes were kino

Sup Forums was in its infancy
Sup Forums want even a thing yet
Fuck off new fag

>2008
>Sup Forums infancy
Holy shit newfriend, you can't call people newfags if you are one yourself.

Sure in terms of equivalence X-Men was like The Avengers of its time, it satiated peoples necessity for assemble flicks. I like to think that back then people watched it and were like "wow there's lots of dudes with superpowers in a movie"

Madmax.gif

Logan might as well be a Terminator movie.

>Sup Forums infancy
Been here for over a decade you fucking newfag

>Sup Forums was in its infancy
>Sup Forums want even a thing yet

Report it for shitposting and move on. It's the only way

kek

>tfw you actually miss baneposting now that it's virtually stopped

um nobody knew avengers was coming yet

The after credits is Nick Fury bringing up the Avengers Initative.

bane posting was always fucking stupid

it was the most retarded shit. Like dubs threads. But every once in a while it would get so absurd that it was hilarious.

checkem

Can someone pinpoint the exact moment Marble Hornets took a turn for the worst?

Everyone was too busy L O S Tposting to pay attention to movies

When Slenderman became really popular
This shit is still amazing tho
youtube.com/watch?v=y3PAXN2G3NE

>um
They literally say "We're working on the Avengers Initiative" in the post credits scene

Why do you post like a stupid teenage girl?

i had to dig deep in my folders but I found a few

It peaked hard though, it's hard to go beyond this. Before, everyone was trying to one-up the other with how fresh and original their baneposts were but afterwards, everything else feels like a halfassed attempt.

true, i was mad at myself when they actually got me to laugh at it. but the damn absurdity of it got to me. then it just got bad again.

it fell apart for me when the secondary mask shadow kid was in it with the slenderman. but at first it was a genuinely neat idea.

The more absurd it got the more it worked. I lost my shit the first time someone linked me to Banegelion

No there was a lot of Heath Ledger jokes though

>Been here for over a decade you fucking newfag
desu 2007 is also a new fag

He was a whiny bitch about TDK, even with both IM and Tropic Thunder that year.

IM came out in May, TDK in July. Leave now child.

Old baneposting was like frodo eagleposting, I despise 4U posting, like the threads devolved around the question and not mindless Bill shitposting.

Who? Do you mean Heat Legend?

Clearly you're confused

>Sup Forums was in its infancy
>2008

lol are you shitting me? I came to Sup Forums in 2008 and I'm a newfag

Most people considered them to be very different takes. Marvel fans were just happy to have a good movie with a new hero. The back and forth didn't start getting to the way it is now until The Dark Knight Rises vs. The Avengers.

Pretty much everyone liked both IM and TDK, they were never really compared because they both went extremely different directions.

Were there on plebbit you fag?

>ITZ BAMAM AMD IROM MAM
>I MEMBER DESE MOOBIES I WIKE DEM BOF

You're thinking of/r/Sup Forums

>Report it for shitposting and move on.
That wouldn't work at all, you ass.

I was the first to post about bane big guy before the movie was out
Pic related
Screenshot I took when I knew you wouldn't believe me

I remember Why So Serious imploded on itself from overuse. It's why I find it even more intriguing that the CIA stuff managed to last the test of time compared to the other one-liners

No way, it was very similar to spider-man, superman, fantastic four, Batman begins, hulk, daredevil, the mask, ghost rider, ect.

There was absolutely a formular before the MCU got to it. The whole 3 act structure, getting the powers, losing someone at the beginning, exploring the powers, the dating with the girl, getting your suit, getting good, and the villain who's doing bad stuff and then beating the villain who also happened to get powers at the start of all this. It's all the same. It was NOT FRESH. I'll give you interesting, but everything about it is a rehash of what others did. Marvel played it safe. Take off your rose-tinted glasses. Im not saying its bad, Im saying it wasn't groundbreaking or being whole original. It wasn't, it was just successful.

I’m the jokah baby

Afongaflongkong