So what's the big secret? why did Aaron make him gay...

so what's the big secret? why did Aaron make him gay? how long is he going to write for anyways and how do you feel about that?

Could we live to see this become canon?

Is this a troll post?

I work at a comic shop and read it today. Fury whispered "Gorr was Right" and it made him unworthy.

That's dumb. The last time Thor ended up one armed, unworthy, and fighting a god-slayer, he EARNED his unworthiness by conquering the fucking Earth as a God-King who killed those who didn't bend the knee to their divine betters.

What the fuck is he actually gay now? I didn't finish reading Unworthy.

FUCK YOU AARON

So are they just trying to make him less likable to old time Thor fans or something?

>Take away his powers
>remove his arm
>make him a whiny bitch
>remove every last ounce of his classic look
>retcon everything
>make everyone in Marvel hate him
>make him an outcast
>make him gay
>dance around his getting a new hammer then stop that

So now he is just some low powered whiney little faggot that is not associated with any team or anyone else in Marvel.

So basically mcu synergy?

Where the Fuck is Scanbro? Been doing digital satanic rituals for a while now.

WHELP. NEVERMIND THEN.

Why do these Marvel-bashers always go with the gay-bashing tactics?
It's not as if we can't diagnose them by now with all these reoccurring themes to their troll threads.

And for fuck's sake, morons, just because you're a homophobe it doesn't mean that everyone else in the world is.

>And for fuck's sake, morons, just because you're a homophobe it doesn't mean that everyone else in the world is.

Yes it does user

....yes it does

It makes no fucking sense for Thor to be gay tho

Norse mythology is pretty gay.
>Odin drinking dead hanged man's spunk
>Loki transforming into a mare to mate with a monster and give birth to an eight-legged horse
>Thor crossdressing
Holy shit, they thought the Greeks/Romans were super fags.

>Gay
If we taking about the fact that the is gay for beta Ray bill, that's not exactly new

BUILDING RAINBOW BRIDGES THE WORLD OVER!

Look, I'm not making the ask of Marvel here... BUT...

Here's a guy who lived in a very different culture with very different sexual norms and has had thousands of years to experiment sexually and keeps very physically fit and likes to show off his biceps and is overly concerned with how much guys like Steve Rogers respect him and seems to value the manliness of his cohorts...

... I'm just sayin' we've all seen that guy hanging out at the gym.

For a half second I thought you mistyped Gor. Would probably make for a more amusing Whor book in all honesty.

WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS!

To be fair, the crossdressing part was a necessity only to get mjolnir back.

And, to be extra fair, it was all Loki's idea. So...

No one hates him & the mechanical arm is babass.

Thor's a Norse god, he fucks everything.

>remove every last ounce of his classic look
Looks comes and goes
>retcon everything
Not really
>make everyone in Marvel hate him
What, nobody hates him. Everyone loves him, that's why everyone wants a piece of him.
>make him an outcast
Only by his own accord
>make him gay
Now you are lying

Maybe if he crossdresses Mjolnir will consider him worthy? Sounds about right for CURRENT YEAR Marvel.

>retcon everything
Not him, but they sorta did.
He got retconning into always doubting his worthyness when he lifts Mjolnir, there's the whole "sentient storm" crap, one could argue about a lot of retcons from the past decade, but not even getting into that.

The sentient storm is only a explanation to why Mjolnir is so powerful in the first place

It is still a retcon.

Kris Anka has been playing too much Skyrim.

HORSE-HOCKEY!
His worthiness doubts are not a retcon - they are a story development. There's a difference.
The sentient storm thing isn't as retcon as you think: Mjolnir has long been thought sentient and they've always said the hammer has a direct connection to storms beyond Thor.
Read past issues closer. All of this is still consistent with almost everything written up until now.

The only retcon worth getting your panties in a bunch about is whatever that Fury secret was.

>His worthiness doubts are not a retcon - they are a story development. There's a difference.
He is fucking THOR. If anything, he was too sure of himself when Odin had to give him shit for it. But doubting himself? Sounds like it goes against the established character.

>The only retcon worth getting your panties in a bunch about is whatever that Fury secret was.
Does that even count as a retcon if they had no fucking clue when they made that retarded event?

Doubting himself is the biggest character development Thor's had since getting stuck in a mortal.
Don't pretend character stasis is more entertaining.

And the Fury secret can only be something retconnish. It has to be something that meets the criteria of a secret: thus something from the past. It has to be something with deep emotional impact: thus directly related to Thor. And of course it's something we've never heard before.
Those are the qualifiers for "retcon".
But at least one person at Marvel already has the secret all worked out: they wouldn't be able to write appropriate character reactions to the information if they didn't.

Are he and Hyperion fucking yet?

That's not a "character development", that's retconning a trait into his personality. For the record, I meant the retcon that he "used to doubt about lifting Mjolnir every morning".

>But at least one person at Marvel already has the secret all worked out: they wouldn't be able to write appropriate character reactions to the information if they didn't.
Just like how they had it worked out how Scott Summers was Literally Hitler until he wasn't.

Unworthy Thor is the sexiest Thor has ever got so I ain't complaining.

The doubt is a new thing, that alone disqualifies it as retcon.
And character development isn't ever about changing the past - only about adding new elements into the mix of a character's personality.

And dude, seriously ... SERIOUSLY... don't make me start in on how the Rightclops thing is logically consistent and righteous writing. Because I can do it and you'll hate me for it forever.
But this is not that thread so let's just not.

Marvel got screwed over a long time ago when they allowed too many standing mysteries without any editorial control over what different writers were pushing.
So there came a time when that shit was stopped once and for all. (2000-ish)
These days all evils can be rested at the feet of Bendis with his editorial rule - but you have to first admit that he's got something he's actually pushing before you can blame him for anything. He's the guy with the plan for Thor's secret.

So is the punchline going to be admitting his faggotry makes him worthy again?

Classic aaron

>don't make me start in on how the Rightclops thing is logically consistent and righteous writing. Because I can do it and you'll hate me for it forever.
>But this is not that thread so let's just not.
mind making a new thread? I like being mad at being unable to come up with a counterargument

Why did they need to turn a religious symbol into a whiny bottom bitch?

Is this whole thread an elaborate joke or do you retards actually think they made Thor gay?

Stop signaling that you don't read comics and just want to get outraged.

You do know that Roy Thomas invented the term Retcon specifically for stuff like his Invaders and All-Star Squadron that were new stories set in the past, right? The only thing a retcon needs is to be new information set in the past. That it also frequently overwrites established information is how it took on the negative connotation.

It's different for gods.

(ur rite doe)

>"Gorr was Right"

Is this a joke? I thought even Marvel knew Cyclops was right is a meme. This comes out as meme-y, couldn't Aaron use another wording for this?

>I work at a comic shop and read it today. Fury whispered "Gorr was Right" and it made him unworthy.
Damn, from the OP's post, I thought Fury might've said, "you're gay Thor"

I'm a dcfag so i don't know much about Thor but this got me genuinely curious.
How did the writer go about making him gay?
And is he really "gay" gay?

He wasn't already bi? For some reason I always thought those gods had a "a hole is a hole" attitude when it came to sex.