Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KzdL3RvQXlo
youtube.com/watch?v=VzAwo1lS_q0
youtube.com/watch?v=l7UHoijkDm4
youtube.com/watch?v=FzChJybZTY4
youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a roller-coaster, its highs are really high and its lows are REALLY low.

each episode's plot is definitely lackluster 99% of the time but a solid 75% of the jokes are decent at worse/spot-on at best.

lol no
Apart from the occasional good music number and Stewie/Brian episode, it's hot garbage.

American Dad is the only worthwhile Seth Macfarlane cartoon

Why yes, yes it is. Enjoy yourself.

>Stewie/Brian episodes
>Ever good

If there were any good Stewie/Brian episodes, they are invalidated by the Bank Vault episode's existence.

It's gotten much better in the newer seasons but it's still mediocre compared to Bob's Burgers or KoTH.

But I guess that really isn't fair, because those shows are better than Family Guy has ever been.

The "Road To" episodes are the best this show has to offer.

youtube.com/watch?v=KzdL3RvQXlo

First 3 seasons are genuinely good

As are the recent ones, and the ones in the middle.

Part of what makes a show good is seeing different personalities play off each other
But in new family guy everyone is the "mean person"

>stewie forcing brian to eat his shit
Never dropped a show faster. How that got past the concept stage is beyond me.

Ones in the middle are really bad
watch season 3 and then 4 to see a big dip in quality

There was a really fucking good episode recently, the one where they pretend family guy is some filmed sitcom and show "a week working on family guy"

Solid jokes the whole episode.

Like TTGO, which is why they're both good.

The soundtrack is great

why is the 3D in this show so consistently boring.

I watched that shit when it first aired and it still baffles me. At least the bank vault episode showed a replay of older much better musical numbers. Made me wanna re watch the old stuff just to get the taste out of my mouth

Because you choose to fixate on mundane details like a degenerate.

This episode gave me a weird boner.

youtube.com/watch?v=VzAwo1lS_q0

I thought the Bank Vault episode was one of the very, very few Family Guy episodes that was actually good?

this, stewie/brian episodes are 9/10 times the worst the show has to offer

I kinda feel bad. Once in a while, I actually see a decent joke thrown in, but it's usually between a lot of misses. And at the risk of playing devil's advocate, I find Seth's voice-work to be genuinely good.

Really, if they wanted to go the current style, they should've just made a different show. It's sometimes jarring when I compare the earlier seasons with the current.

haven't watched an actual full episode of AD, how is it better than family guy quality wise?

thanks i will

yeah it is, it gets a solid 7/10 on the soundtrack scale

American Dad's humor is derived from the characters themselves and the situations their put in, along with them bouncing off each other, as opposed to cutaway gags.

It also doesn't have Seth shoving his political views into it

will check out then

Season 11 is the best

The only reason people here like American Dad is because of the same reason the average conservative supposedly liked Steven Colbert back in the day.

They think that the show is laughing with them and not AT them.

No one would watch it if it was a new show. It does the shit it does cause it can. Family guy merch is still profitable so the show will continue like the simpsons no matter what so the writers do as they please. American dad did not have that luxury so it had to be good at least most of the time. The shit merchandise is why fox let it go. If you ever make a show for fox Sup Forums remember merchandise potential is your top priority

FG is good for background noise but that's about it.

No, that's Drawn Together

What an odd thing to complain about.

Yeah, somebody criticizing the visuals in a visual medium, what the fuck.

I'm just saying it's not really a big part of the show. It's like saying a game is shit because the water looks bad, or there's bad texturing on a small part of the level.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7UHoijkDm4

youtube.com/watch?v=FzChJybZTY4
>that's what you DO Lois

I only watch hoping that Donna will appear and speak her one line.

OK, am i the only one here that knows the song that got played at the end?
youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw

Don't you mean
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

I thought it was okay aside from the shit eating scene

>it's gross so it's bad
What are you, fucking Mr Enter?

been watching a few on netflix, and there are alot of scenes which never made it in the first airing which actually caught me off guard, and turned out alot more funny to watch

I thought it tried too hard. That or any time FG tries to have emotional moments they never work for me aside from the earlier stuff. They just don't fit with the direction the show went.

I actually feel ashamed that some of their current jokes make me laugh sometimes.

instant 8/10
don't be upset, there are some good jokes friend

What argument do you have except muh reviewer boogeyman,that episode was objetively boring and relying on shock humor to grab your attention so yes it was gross and bad
Mr.Enter eat sugar btw so sotop eating cakes