WHERE'S KON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw you realise he's been retkonned

I just need that clone back, goddamn. Kenan is great and Jon a cute, but it just isnt the same without him.

Johns might have fucked him up, but it laid the ground for Adventure Comics, my favourite rendition of the character. Lobdell, on the other hand, went full scorched earth.

It's not as bad as it could be, though. Us Konfags are in a better situation than the poor, suffering Cir-Elfags

How would you bring him back? What role would he have? A second Superboy? A second Superman? Moved to be in Legion? What about a Young Justice Rebirth?

He's eventually coming back like fucking everyone

true

Kon's gone, Jon is new hotness.

unf.

>What about a Young Justice Rebirth?

This is definitely coming

My headcanon is that he and his husband Tim are living it up on some Cadmus-owned island property somewhere in the Pacific.

just kinda hanging around having adventures
bring him back to his roots, but with some of the more modern characters
Real sunglasses and jacket stuff

Tim, Kon, and Bart are having steamy prison sex together while they make Oz watch.

bring back the Ravers

It'd be cool to see him as eventually like a cool young uncle to John in Super Sons. That Kon / Damian synergy.

that'd be cool
hah, that'd be cool. What happened to Tim?
o-oh...... ;-;

Fuck, submit this to DC

>Lobdell, on the other hand, went full scorched earth

Lobdell didn't actually write "Conner Kent" or "Kon-El." He wrote something that later got retconned twice; making his a test tube spare package for a future JLK made of alternate future Lois and Clark and someone else's (to be named later when Cereal King needs to retcon some other BS away) and then whatever the fuck up was that ended his New 52 run.

In any event, "Kon" New 52 Superboy is dead and gone and never will come back under any future regime and Your Image Picture is absent in the same way Booster has been absent since JLI ended and all the other people who existed pre-FP are.

So originally this character was a clone of Lex and Superman. Don't know his history but he was pretty chill and shit.

Then Nu52 happened and he was really in the whole clone mythos and...there were mutiple clones...then he died or something?

originally he was a clone of superman but he wasn't quite right
the Lex thing was a retcon

abloobloobloo

Its funny how years later you assume your favorite characters are coming back but nu52 killed almost everyone. I'm surprised Johns hasn't forced his return yet

He wasn't "originally" a clone of Lex and Superman. That was Geoff John's literal fanfiction that was shot down in the letters section that he made canon years later.

Just get rid of the non-costume.

Honestly bring back the jacket and shades

Okay so can someone explain this character's before and now?

>Moved to be in Legion?
That would be pretty cool.

The jacketless suit he had before the nonsuit was perfect.

>immediately after the Death of Superman, during Reign of the Supermen
Totally ambiguous new kid Superman, had a dank jacket and slick shades
Got really butthurt if you called him Superboy
Quickly revealed to be an escaped Cadmus clone of Superman but with human bits spliced in maybe because Cadmus is bad at their jobs

That's all I know.

At first he was just an incomplete clone of Superman built to be his replacement when he died. Clones were soooo popular back in the 90s and there were already tons of clone characters running around. He basically stayed as the imperfect Superman clone for most of his time until Geoff Johns started writing Teen Titans and decided that he also had Luthor DNA and was secretly a sleeper agent maturing to eventually kill Superman. After that storyline he went from a young punk who was technically only a few years old and rather immature to a brooding angsty teen who needed time to find himself.

I remember that. I guess I'm wounder wtf the Nu52 version was about. I read maybe 3 issues and was confused and stopped.

That is the correct response to new52 Superboy

I want to see a reunion like this one again.

>that cheery bonfire of tormented DC editor souls

I'd appreciate someone acknowledging Empress, Arrowette and Secret while they're at it

Arrowette is a cute

>human bits spliced in maybe because Cadmus is bad at their jobs

Supposedly to make it possible to clone a Kryptonian because pure Kryptonian clones (originally, pre-Match) were essentially the same as Byrne immediate post COIE Bizarro clone would destabilize. I forget how it was done to keep the Lex clones from dying, but I remember they were also dying and 'cracking/bizarroing' in looks as well and that wasn't Kryptonian DNA.

Their memories of this issue will be reinstated at some point, right? I mean one of the banners of Rebirth was the coming back of lost loves and the love between Conner and Cassie was the greatest of his generation.

>Adventure Comics Era Kon looking after Jon and Damian as a favour to Clark
>Becoming Jon's role model, being embarrased about that.
>Damian hates him and surreptitiously plots his death until they bond over the whole 'born to be a weapon for a supervillain' thing.
>Giving Jon advice about his relationship with Kathy.
>Protecting Jon from bullies

>tfw this will never happen

With the new Superman that came out today Kal's history was merged back into the DC universe, so Kon might have come with it.

>new superman today
It's 6 in the goddamn morning

There:
It's actually an Action Comics.

Just like he was Pre-52. Superman was in Metropolis, so who's the protector of Smallville? Conner Kent. It might seem crowded with all these Supers but depending on status quo, he really does work being mostly by himself hero wise.

Empress is gonna be forgotten by time and it's all ______ fault

This is the internet brah, it is all times and no time all at once.

My shop doesn't even open for another four hours.
I mean, I get it, books have been in store hands since at least yesterday, but jeez.

Wasn't Conner in love with Alex's niece? Anyway, I don't think Conner is coming back. Unless they do a major retcon.

There's no need for a Conner or Kon.

We've got Jon now, and we've got Damien as his playmate.

I already got depressed watching Young Justice, where they made it clear that his powers will never reach Superman levels, nor will he fly, or fire lasers, or do anything.He isnt even aging normally, stuck forever as a teen, so he wont even get larger or get more mass, forever a mid-tier meta, never really Superman, always the Boy.

Jon's the new hotness in town.

What if he became a second Superman that uses all the tech and gadgets Clark keeps in the Fortress

A sort of "Super-Batman," if you will.

>Protecting Jon from bullies
Why would Jon need to be protected from bullies?

nuKon's story should have ended here
Or at the end of his book
Not getting dragged back into Lobdell's shit

hacks gotta hack

>Moved to be in Legion?
Better him than Jon

Legion? Yeah, that'd be a good fit. Supergirl did her time in the future.