ITT: Awesome characters in otherwise shitty comic book adaptations

ITT: Awesome characters in otherwise shitty comic book adaptations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BHWqe1UWZws?t=154
youtube.com/watch?v=lKw3Yl_3Yxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really hope they bring this guy back. He was like the only Hand not an overboss like Bakudo who actually gave Danny a problem. I wouldn't even mind if he shows up in New York on the run from the Hand for having lost in Guangzhou and he turns into some sort of dharma bum/antihero/de facto partner just trying to survive if not be redeemed.

I'm a sucker for drunken kung fu. This guy certainly was a highlight. If the show had a decent budget, we could have gone Kung Fu Hustle levels of crazy with mystical dragon shit, BUT NO WE NEEDED MORE COROPATE SCENES AND JOY BEING A CUNT

You and me both. I actually giggled when that fight happened. Colleen's fight with the wing chun girl with the sword was pretty good, too, but the bantz made the Danny vs Drunken Master guy my favorite fight of the entire season.

Probably best violator we will ever get

he was cooler than the rest of the show/everybody else danny fought, but thats a pretty fucking low bar desu

danny still made pretty short work of the guy, too

>Bad Crispy! Bad Crispy! Clown not like!

The sheer amount of shit Leguizamo had to deal with to be that character is insane. The suit was like 80 pounds, he had to crouch the entire time and waddle-walk, and he actually had to eat that maggot-covered slice of pizza.

He beat those two Russian guys faster.

Movie is better than has any right to be and largely due to all the Supporting Cast (I also don't dislike Keanu in it)

Shit adaptation, but otherwise a solid movie.

Why the fuck did he have a cockney accent? Why am I the only one who seems to have noticed?

Hong Kong, bro.

Honorable mention to another adaptation too bad for its cast is pic related.

So why the fuck did they make The Hand a bunch of guys with guns?

Daredevil did it right

>due to all the Supporting Cast
You can say that again

Look there's like 3 different Hand and I'm beginning to lose track/interest at this point. Might as well bring in Shredder's Foot Clan too, fuck it

In that first Wolverine movie the scene with Blob was great and I remember there being some side character with electric powers who was likable. The actor who played Gambit was perfect for the character as well even though people complained about the costume design and pimp cane. Movie would have been better if it were about that Gambit instead and just dealt with the mutant concentration camp instead of trying to cram every Wolverine retcon good and bad alike into a single 'origin' movie. I don't know what they were thinking.

>not liking Spider-Bride

Fag.

Honestly, just put him in something resembling Gambit's classic costume and he'd be flawless.

He had the moves, but his acting was awful.

That wasn't actually part of the show. Lewis Tan just wandered off drunk after he got turned down for the role and started beating the crap out of Finn. They just filmed and edited the footage to save some money.

>Might as well bring in Shredder's Foot Clan too, fuck it

Timbuktu's little hippie compound was literally the same plot as Shredder's/The Foot's in the first TMNT movie. They may as well have had Claire Temple come in and give the Casey Jones "Family? You call THIS family?" speech to all the Hand initiates.

Which is doubly hilarious considering The Foot was meant to parody The Hand.

Sabertooth was also really solid.
I'd like to see him and X-23 be the stars in a sequel to Logan, since he was written into Logan at some point before being taken out.

The line had been too heavily blurred between them controlling the triads, and them being the ones holding the guns in Daredevil season 2.

And then Scott Buck who is a shitty writer, just made it even worse.

Hannibal King was the only reason to watch Blade Trinity.

>Madame Gao is now a Hand member instead of leading some third party with a more overtly magical component

>Instead we have a civil war in an organisation we know nothing about since they still refuse to write anything concrete about The Hand's goals, powers or hierarchy

>so now we have a group with goals we don't understand fighting another group with goals we don't understand, except they're against the first group who's goals we don't understand except we don't know why because we don't know what the second group's goals are either

just buck my shit up

just buck it up, senpai

These three. I hope they had fun. They look like they had fun:

youtu.be/BHWqe1UWZws?t=154
youtube.com/watch?v=lKw3Yl_3Yxo

Michael Clarke Duncan knew what kind of movie he was in.

Hes still the most accurate Kingpin despite being raceswapped

MCD was also the only good thing about Legend of Chun-Li, though that's not Sup Forums-related.

> Acting was bad
> Drunk Fist was one of the worst seeing
> "awesome"

you what mate? aside the dialog the scene was trash as fuck idk why people hyped me this

The funny thing is that the actor was up for Danny's role for a long time, but they replaced him with Jones.

Was so good, it made the race swap palatable.

Not him but I would rather they didn't use The Bride of Nine Spiders as a Hand assassin.

>spaces after arrows
Hello, newfag.
Shit taste you've got there.

That's motherfucking Zhou Cheng. Zhou "I kill Iron Fists for breakfast" Cheng.

The supporting cast was amazing. Both Tilda and the guy who played Balthazar were boner inducing.

It would have been a really great movie if they Hadn't called it Constantine.

It's not perfect, but it wasn't shitty

Was this guy supposed to be an Immortal Weapon? He mentioned something about 'keeping The Dragon sedated' by drinking.

Hand + Foot + Other Hand + Other Foot + Head

Can anyone stop them?!

No, Exodia= instant win.

Came here to post this. Peter Stormare actually beat Pacino as my favorite movie depiction of Satan.

I always hold it up as the perfect example of "great movie, shitty adaptation".

He's possessed by Ch'i-lin, a mystical beast that kills Iron Fists in the pursuit of entering K'un-Lun and eating the egg of Shou-Lao.

Still a better Alfred then Caine.

Were they Dog Brothers?

Constantine is kino though, imagine it's his american cousin and the wrong adaptation hate goes away

Jack Constantine, cousin of John Constantine!

Literally Brad Wong from Dead or Alive.

He should have been foreshadowed.

I liked him as a character and was pumped as fuck for drunken boxing but it wasn't as fun a fight as I had hoped
I hope he returns and that the S2 fights are choreographed a bit better if there is one.

>all these articles saying Lewis Tan is an Asian-American
He British.

I hope they adapt his comic backstory about how he's killed multiple Iron Fists.