Jedi or Sith

Putting Mouse Wars aside for a moment, which side would you choose in the Force?

neither, I'd go for the middle like Liam did

Neither, and that's the whole point.

to be a jedi, you're literally supposed to be some kind of shitty zen buddhist and disassociate yourself from all your thoughts and emotions

to be a sith, you do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want

sith, but sheev style and not edgy teenager style

I would be a jedi master with 2 lightsabers and force powers beyond even noncanon people like starkiller. I would have two wives (both alien) and i would be the head of jedi table. My focus is dabbling into dark force powers without becoming a sith

>not being a grey jedi that uses the dark side for good causes

Fucking this.

>have the power to resurrect the dead
>jedi aren't allowed to do it because it's immoral because "reasons"

This is the most disgusting mary sue shit there ever was. This is for betas who are going through an edgy phase but don't want to be "evil" and "bad guys". Fucking kill yourself you piece of disgusting trash.

t. jedi

Grey Jedi are fucking retarded

>I am a Grey Christian that literally uses the powers of the devil too but I'm still Christian

kek

Like was basically a grey Jedi in Return.

Grey Jedi, leaning on the light (the Jedi are fucking retarded banning sexual partners/marriage). I would use the darkside in combat though, it's definitely more effective as we saw Luke use it against Vader in ROTJ.

>choosing a side (even grey)
as a radical centrist I would not choose anything and use my powers to eliminate brainlets

Sith because I like their cloaks.

I'd be a dark side user but I wouldn't be sith or a grey jedi. I'd just be a guy that helps out.

There's nothing about dark side powers that needs you to be evil

Best path with best lightsaber.

Hurr durr I'm grey and i'd make the force my bitch.

You retard. You are not in control of the force, it is in control of you. Luke Skywalker is clearly in danger of being mindcontrolled by the darkside in ESB and ROTJ and it happens to Anakin in the prequels. And the Jedi are dumb cucks because they are mind controlled by the light. The force is a living thing and it has a will and it is dualistic: it has two natures: light and dark: it doesn't have a middle ground where you can operate and be an awesome OC donut steel anti-hero.

The power of the force comes at the cost of surrendering to it, and it canonically has two distinct sides.

Neither because I'm not a pacifist sissy but I'm also not a twisted fucking psychopath.
Also the jedi and the sith can't handle the power level of someone who has mastered both aspects of the force.

t. Coldsteel the Jedi

except for the constant compulsion to do evil things and get stronger by being evil. Did you watch the movies?

I honestly believe that really being in tune with the will of the Force, one sees that they have no choice in the matter, and that you don't choose a side. The Force chooses.

That's why there's 'unbalance' in the Force - people choosing their own paths instead of submitting to the Force.

I just made that up but it could be a neat story arc or something, idk

this

>Neither because I'm not a pacifist sissy but I'm also not a twisted fucking psychopath.

Are you sure you can't be both?

Luke wasn't a Grey Jedi in ROTJ, he was toeing a dangerous line between Light and Dark. He was walking the same road that Anakin was which is why he was warned many times not to underestimate the Dark Side. This is even more evident when he flips out on Vader at the end and chops his hand off. Looking at Vader's hand and then his own really showed him that he was being consumed and that it would eventually take him. He chose Light after that.

May the Force be with you, Master Xarion Sith-Heart!

>The force is a living thing and it has a will and it is dualistic: it has two natures: light and dark: it doesn't have a middle ground where you can operate and be an awesome OC donut steel anti-hero.

t. Snoke

Why? Because he was quiet and wore black? His actions at the beginning of Return started peacefully and resulted in Luke defending himself.

Sure he formed attachments and all but with the (notoriously hypocritical) Jedi temple gone, there's no reason to expect he'd know this.

sounds dope

Dark Side

The only thing a grey jedi would accomplish in the context of the films is being knowledgeable with the force but lacking the strength to use it. One would be a very weak jedi who caters to neither passion nor patience. Imagine a horseshoe of power, you get one or the other, balancing them would only make you weak.

>t. Joker

I wonder if there were ever any chaotic evil Sith.

I bet they'll add some chaotic evil faggots into Last Jedi just to make Kylo look good by comparison

>I wanna be a grey Jedi so I can have both light side powers and dark side powers because I'm just that special

Or you could use passion and the energy from it for good.

>Putting Mouse Wars aside for a moment, which side would you choose in the Force?
both seem pretty gay.
i would start my own where you can have emotions of all sorts. just like humans. yet not all of them run bonkers

How about I wanna be a grey jedi because I want to use my powers for good, but I don't want to be forbidden from being in a relationship

unironically "grey edgy" jedi because anyone thinking their values are superior to others is just dumb and will lead to eventual war. Best case example are anons here and SJWs. Act and gush over the same type of icons(power fantasies and superior ideals trumping another ideal) with the only real difference being gender.

more perspectives=more peace. more powers yeah, but id rather just chill desu, senpai

this is why we must destroy the force

Seriously neither.

If I somehow found out I was force sensitive I wouldn't tell anybody and just practise my shit in secret in deserted alleyways. Maybe go to bars and practice my mind tricks on sluts.

Then just do what Ahsoka did and don't be a Jedi at all. She is still very much Light Side but she isn't a Jedi and has access to all the powers that come with it

>light side and dark side are both bad, the true answer is in the middle, the grey side

bravo JJ, very compelling plot that has never been done before, I can't wait for maRey-sue to show all the misguided peasants the right way in episode IX, because you know, only SHE could have ever thought about it.

>i'm so cool because I don't believe in anything

Neophyte cucks thinking that they aren't victims of a culture war...

Your damn right that your grey edginess is 'unironic' you bland faggot, and that's the problem.

>have a literally universe scale power at your fingertips
>cop out on persuing said power because you want to have a girlfriend

I'd unironically go chad Sith but I'd still refrain from eating babies. Instead of going on killing sprees, I'd purchase all the THICC twi'lek slaves and have massive orgies.

>mfw people in this thread seriously wanna be a virgin jedi

>>light side and dark side are both bad, the true answer is in the middle, the grey side

Umm no. The light side is good, but the Jedi are fucking retarded to ban sexual partners/relationships. Also the dark side, used in the right doses, is pretty powerful and could be used for acts of good.

Unless you were Anakin level (and that's impossible in canon) then your force potential would mean jack shit without training. So nice waste of a rare gift.

Luke acted as if the force was dualistic because he was taught that way. It almost pushed him to the dark side, just as it did his father.

Qui-Gon canonically followed a more moderate path and didn't fall to the dark-side.

They both control your mind, so you can't really use them for your own purposes. You have to be like Yoda or like Palpatine.

>inb4 Vaapad
That was a bullshit vodoo lightsaber technique and its now non-canon.

>Qui-Gon canonically followed a more moderate path and didn't fall to the dark-side.

Incidentally, he also got his ass handed to him by the first Sith he ever fought.

>Le Qui-gon was neutral
When will this meme die? He was a Jedi Master who wasn't allowed to have a seat in the council because he was reckless for Yoda and Mace dindu and the rest. Being an aggressive Jedi doesn't make you less of one.

>you can't really use them for your own purposes.

Fuck off Disney

Qui-Gon was firmly Light Side. Disagreeing with the council doesn't suddenly make him an edgelord loner.

There's only allowed to be two sith at a time so I probably wouldn't be allowed to be one.

Nah, he died because he tired out and couldn't keep up with a Sith Lord who was training MUCH harder than them for years.

Neither, become a living wound in the force.

This

>He wants to get killed by a normie chick
Dude, you're a grown ass man now; don't let your nostalgia keep you from liking poorly written characters.

No, succumbing to his impulses almost pushed him to the dark side. Literally the whole point of the tree scene in ESB as well as his decision to let Palpy fry him rather than keep fighting in ROTJ. Its also why Anakin had to kill younglings - because evil acts immerse you in the dark side. Its something you fall into. It controls you.

Qui Gon didn't follow a balance between light and dark, he followed the Living Force (in the moment) over the Unifying Force (Yoda's style, which was more metaphysical and future oriented). They were both light side doctrines.

And Luke went fully light at the end, he didn't 'discover' some middle path. And its ridiculous to say that not treading a middle path made the Jedi fall to the dark, because the only jedi who went dark was the jedi (Anakin) who KEPT USING THE DARK SIDE.

These movies were so simple, how could you fail to understand them. At literally no point is a middle path elluded to or suggested, and both sides of the force are treated like they have personalities and pulls which influence the user.

There is no grey in the movies. Don't use words like 'canonically' and then just start talking whatever shit you feel like.

grey jedi arent canon
fight me

>wanting to be so hungry all the time that you can consume entire planets and still not be satisfied
it would be hell

I'm the user you are replying to and I've never seen disney star wars. Lucas Star Wars doesn't let you exploit the force without being influenced and effectively controlled by it. Its kind of the whole theme of the saga.

>These movies were so simple, how could you fail to understand them

*tips fedora*

Sith is retarded because you're almost guaranteed to be killed by another Sith rather than anyone else.

This. I've had a coworker smugly explain to me why the "gray" philosophy is the best even though it hypothetically thins you out. Arguably in my top 10 most cringeworthy moments in my life.

He wasn't poorly written, his fault was being a video-game character.
The best quotes of that game are about Nihilus.
Doesn't even have a physical form, his body is wavering and devouring itself like his humanity.
Dude inhabits a dead ship floating through space, consuming all the life from planet to planet.

i'd probably go full edgelord, become sith, kill my master and listen to crawling in my skin as i torture members of the rebellion

literally autistic screeching the post

1: That game had a shitty, rushed story
2: That character was coldsteel the sith lord
3: What's the point of consuming planets if you don't even have the martial prowess to defend yourself from a bitch?

>because evil acts immerse you in the dark side. Its something you fall into. It controls you.
i never understood why
>be luke
>good boy dindu nuffin
>kill darth vader and the emporer
>leave and keep being a good guy

He was made into a grey jedi post canon movie on the exp universe just to justify his abuse of jedi mind tricks and generally assholeness.

they have the sickest powers though

>push ups and katas makes a jedi good at fighting

Yea no they fight with the force so becoming wiser in the force should (and does) make you more powerful. Or do you think that Yoda was clocking off at the end of a day in the Jedi Council Chambers and hitting the gym so that he could spar with his dudebros?

Or palpatine wrecked a room full of top jedi swordsman because he had been secretly 'training' like Darth Maul?

Being an asshole spergy jedi =/= gray. Obviously Jedi are assholes; they're taught to have no emotions.

You may be right user, I haven't read much SW stuff in a while, seems I remembered things about Liam wrong

If, as you say, there is no way to use both sides of the force -- and I'm not sure just because no one has been shown doing it that it can't be done -- all that this would mean is that the force in SW is too simplistic

He was going to eventually stop existing as person and become THE dark side. That's transcending mortality, the stupid bitch wouldn't be able to do anything to you. Nor would any Jedi or Sith.

Yep. Light side using Sith powers for good=deadly combo.

The whole point the dark side is that once you start walking that path, it is a slippery slope and you end becoming forceful, selfish, authoritarian, greedy, evil, etc., whether you want to or not. "Grey" is retarded because it ignores that aspect which is fundamental to the films.

Right. that's whole point, though, is that the dark side is a real thing, something you get drunk on and which gets inside you. So if he gave in to his anger it would have a purchase inside him and make him the new pawn of the darkside. That's why he threw down his weapon.

Apparently most "dark" force abilities aren't really locked off. Plo Koon used force lightning without feeling any anger and Obi-Wan and Mace Windu can use stuff like force crush though Obi only uses it on droids. I'd also argue that the jedi mind trick is more dark side.

Just because the jedi order didn't teach a certain technique and the sith did doesn't mean one is inherently light or dark. It just means the Jedi Order hadn't developed the technique to be teachable within their jedi doctrines.

boring normie ignorance the post

The void side.

My job: Kill everything and everyone. My force powers are that of a god, and my own force lightning is black and saps life force away into mine, so I technically live forever.

I can kill people like vader and the emperor with one hand while sleeping, that how strong I am.

My girlfriend is also very strong, but not as strong as me, and we dont have love because thats too low for us. We only just kiss and lick eachothers tongues.

My saber is invisible and makes no sound, perfect for assassinating Luke and Han when they get on my nerves.

t. autist with poor control over his emotions

Yoda is 900 years old and he probably already mastered combat at least six centuries ago.

If we're using the EU: Yoda mastered all 7 forms of lightsaber combat and Palpatine also received intense lightsaber training from Plagueis in secret. In fact, when Palpatine lost to Windu, he was 14 years without practice but he still killed every other JEDI MASTER in that room.

If we're not using the EU: They needed a venerable leader for the Jedi, and they needed an old but powerful counterpart for the Sith.

Now this part is actually canon. The Sith were wiped out 1000 years before the prequel and they pretty much prepared in secret (rule of two). Until Darth Maul, the Jedi never had ran into SITH.

>Grey Jedi

Yeah get fucked. You could probably have a few floating around the galaxy but any more than that and you will have conflict.

Having force powers and not being beholden to an organisation or ideological framework is a recipe for disaster. I know a lot of you will think "oh yeah for other people, but I'm level headed and sensible". Remember Jedi are literally super humans who can see the future and fucking mind control people, as well as being damn near unkillable.

It's like saying you are going to use the One Ring for good, it's the same thing, eventually you will end up a power hungry evil cunt.

I cringed hard at this post

Keyword: Going. He didn't because he neglected his corporeal form, which led to his death. If you're going to be a metaphysical binge-eater, at least don't be a sperg about it.

>reddit spacing

Grey Jedi are still Jedi, they follow the light side, they just don't obey all the doctrines.
It doesn't mean they have everything from both worlds.

I actually think:
>Easy dark power vs Hard-to-attain light power
is a pretty good thematic architecture.

Walk the middle ground is a good theme for lots of stories, but if you are going to have a form of magic where good and evil become actually real things, then by definition the story has to be dualistic. Harry Potter has dark and light magic, so its the same. LOTR too.

Other fantasy which just has 'magic' or sci fi (like Asimov) which just has 'telepathy' without it being ontological - those are better universes to tell grey stories in.

I call dibs on sith necromancer

I wasn't on board until
>My girlfriend is also very strong, but not as strong as me, and we dont have love because thats too low for us. We only just kiss and lick eachothers tongues.

This sentence is so perfect that it makes all the other trash in your post worthwhile.

>Have the ability to use high level telekinesis
>Superhuman dexterity (and strength)
>Can get laid easily
>Can kill 90% of everyone in the entire galaxy
>Claim that you're going to be "indifferent" and "open-minded"
>Somehow this ego won't get to your head
Gray jedi are retarded and the deviantart user who came up with this idea needs to neck himself.

I call dibs on casting force lightning on this dumbass

gay jedi

well said

How the fuck could he predict a random cunt with special plot armor would show up?
He was doing fine. Besides, he didn't die, Darth Krayt asks him to teach him how to transfer himself to his armor and have no body, the way he did, but he just tells him to fuck off.

movies?

there is some sick element in our culture that associates indifference with intelligence.

>Besides, he didn't die.
Nigga, that's like saying that someone is in hell but they didn't die. In the EU, all dark side spirits go to chaos - he's not coming back.

Because having opinions leaves room for error and people can't handle being wrong. Every "indifferent" person I know in real life is a deadbeat.