Poppy O'Possum

>The main downside to being a snake is needing a prosthesis in order to gesticulate indignantly.

surprise mary!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
youtube.com/watch?v=LPNfVXOmQ0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She was on the last page too.

>In which Poppy sets a tone.

Also, Mary says what we're all thinking!

>Poppy dropping truth on these entitled shits.

Don't pull out morbi, use both of your testies.

Gator does not like the complaints.

Snake is pretty lucky they have some restraint. He got awfully close to Poppy, and with Rufus there too, this could have turned into Lone Digger really quickly.

I kinda figured Poppy's position would be more of a symbolic figurehead kinda thing.

...I mean, isn't it a terrible idea to actually give her real authority over serious projects when she has no absolutely no experience in politics, resource allocation, diplomacy, or money management?

>Your pride isn't worth jack

I mean, even if it's true...just comin' out with that shit in a place that's rife with spontaneous mini-race wars in the streets seems poorly thought out.

It's fine because no matter how badly she screws up, she just has to leak her and Kit's sex tapes to the public and everyone will forget.

woah poppy

It probably holds a bit more weight when everyone knows from experience that she can snap the entire room in half.

Wouldn't the use of violence on her part cause a massive political scandal and throw Kit under the bus for appointing her?

I'm just sayin', I don't think any racial conflict in the history of the world has ever NOT been made worse by insulting people's pride.

Well the point isn't to insult their pride. The point is to convince them to put it aside before it makes things worse.

And scare the holy shit out of everyone assembled.

I guess Morbi's mother is not proud of him.

>The point is to convince them to put it aside before it makes things worse.

You don't do that by telling them that their pride is worth nothing. That is literally insulting their pride. She goes from somewhat reasonable/idealistic to insulting/intimidating to 'everyone be nice'.

>And scare the holy shit out of everyone assembled.

That is fucking awful for a politician to do, this is gonna cause a goddamn riot.

I think it's more the experience than the threat. Snake guy lost a tanning spot. Poppy lost friends and saw real oppression. She wins out on saying it's something they should drop.

>Snake guy lost a tanning spot

Snakes need tanning spots to live. Obviously, reptiles should be given priority over mammals when it comes to sun patios.

So I wonder if Poppy is talking about the backlash in Sorvail or if when she was traveling along the Bourbon coast she ran into Crodilius Panzer's rebellion?

Or maybe a combination of both?

A feline taking up a sun patio is like an able-bodied person parking in a handicap spot. That sounds like a legitimate issue that requires being addressed.

Poppy basically responded to this by saying 'Well, maybe the cripples can raise some funds to build even more ramps'.

>Shedheads posting on Sup Forums

First step: Poppy incites a gang war
Next step: Poppy incites a civil war.

Most positions can actually petition for funds to be allocated for community projects actually. Hell, citizens technically can if they get enough signatures and enough political interest that its better to spend the money to placate them.

But every step higher on the political ladder you are means there's less people between you and the people who can actually make a decision or bring up a vote on what you want.

Technically Poppy may not be able to actually fund a project herself, but she has nibbled the queen's ear, meaning no middle management shutting down her urban renewal project or small-time politicians looking to decrease taxes by making cuts to reject any expenditure.

Even when/if she gets the money, she doesn't spend it though. Depending on the project you would most likely have an appointed team draft and present a plan to a committee of which Poppy may or may not be part, which then gets handed down to execution to the proper department. With constant photo-ops with Poppy in the process.

they need heat to live, the tanning spots are obviously a luxury because the snake balked at using lights over the sun.
the tanning spots aren't priority and obviously not the only way for reptiles to get heat, the snake was being a whiner

Thankfully, Poppy is not all knowing, or very wise, so it does not matter what she says.

What I am trying to say is that she could be wrong.

True that they should have priority but there are other ways to stay warm and Snake guy already rejected the idea of 'fake sun' out of nothing but pride. Hardly sounds like his life is threatened.

I want poppy to sit on my face

All part of the plan to start a World War and have Kit appointed Queen before her 30 years are up.

Actually, threat of civil war tends to placate nations. Especially if its happened in recent memory regardless of where.

That's why there's generally only one major civil war going on in the world (known world that is) at a time regardless of what point of our history you look at. If tensions rose in Ireland at the moment, one look at what's going on in Syria would give calmer heads a chance.

They likely have communal tanning spots, or personal ones if its literally a necessity to survive.

Don't forget that the winters around the kingdom force the population to seal themselves away. We know from the Christmas comic that the region gets hit hard by snow and darkness, so they HAVE to have non-sun options or be migrant workers.

Yeah but again...reptiles need those spots. Mammals don't. The issue isn't 'There are too many reptiles and not enough tanning spots'. The issue is 'People who don't need to use tanning spots aren't given priority to those who require them to function normally'.

Again, this is like telling disabled people that the solution to able-bodied people taking up handicap spots is not to discourage able-bodied people from taking those spots, but to raise funds to build MORE handicap spots so both the disabled and physically able will be able to use them.

Which is a waste of goddamn money.

I was thinking the incident in Trance that caused a new political order to rise that was anti-Possum.

>Snakes need tanning spots
>Cats don't

If anyone is to raise funds and resort to using artificial sun lamps it should be the cats.

You forgot a letter.

They want the tanning spots necessary for comfort, not survival. Otherwise they'd die in the winter since Flora gets 30 Days Of Night winters.

Its more like access to the community pool while it's 130 degrees outside. Sure its a dick move when people from a closer neighborhood always get in, and in extreme situations there can be a death that could be prevented, but the solution really is just more access to the public resource.

I'd want poppy to sit on my face???

I'm sorry to tell you that "wants" isn't proper grammar in this case, user.

Kindly review this short lesson and get back to us tomorrow.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

They're public spaces like parks, they're not handicapped zones.
The language being used suggest this is just some petty inability to share more than anything else.

Nope.

>They want the tanning spots necessary for comfort, not survival

The snake just said the cats don't even need to sunbathe, so the snakes do.

>Sure its a dick move when people from a closer neighborhood always get in, and in extreme situations there can be a death that could be prevented

None of the cats are gonna die from not having sunbathing. Whereas in the pool scenario, both people from closer neighborhoods and far-away neighborhoods are at equal risk.

Let's just stop comparing it to other situations. We have one species that requires regular sunbathing in order to live. We have another species that does not require sunbathing in order to live but still likes to sunbathe. We have a limited number of public sunbathing spots. We could make more artificial ones but that would cost time and money that could be used for other things. Should we...

A.) Just tell everyone regardless of species to share the current sunbathing spots equally despite the fact that one species objectively needs them more than the other
B.) Treat public sunbathing spots in the same way we treat handicap parking and require something like a public sunbathing permit

The reptiles need it. Therefore, they should have ready access to the public service.

The cats don't need it. Therefore, they should have to rely on private services.

Oh shit, that was a united reptile thing.

That puts this in more context. She wants her old gang members to shut the fuck up and listen to the local hero.

Again, Snake guy refused alternatives for no real reason. It's like somebody asking for a glass of water and throwing it back because it's not fancy mineral stuff.

Plus from his and the cat's way of speaking, they want the sun spots all to their selves. Again for nothing but pride.

In any case, Poppy's right in telling him there are bigger things at stake than pride.

>They're public spaces like parks, they're not handicapped zones.

Yeah. That's the problem. They're apparently treated like parks instead of like handicapped zones. The cats should rely on privately funding and building their own sunbathing areas and leaving the public ones to those who actually need them.

R u sure?

>Snake guy refused alternatives for no real reason.

His reason was shitty but the refusal of the alternative is not a bad thing. People who need the service to live shouldn't be told that they have to go raise funds and build more stuff just because a bunch of people who DON'T need the service to live are hogging it.

>Plus from his and the cat's way of speaking, they want the sun spots all to their selves

The cats are wrong and the reptiles are right. It's a service that reptiles treat as a need and that cats treat as a luxury. Why should they have equal claim to it when it's a much more vital issue for reptiles?

Fuck off, cats. Go build a sunlamp on your own.

Again, it's clearly not a survival thing. They live in a city, it's safe to assume they have access to heating in general. Worst case scenario, they might get a little sluggish from time to time.

If this is a public service required for the literal survival of another species, logic would dictate there would be enforcement of access like how parking in a handicap space results in a fine. This is not really a comparison to another situation, merely logic since if there really was an actual life-threatening danger than we'd have deaths as a result of no access to sunbathing spots, in which case we'd have a faction be the IRA (motivated initially by a greater cause, but ultimately every individual due to personal tragedy resulting in a grudge) rather than a minor street gang looking to scuffle with fists over alleys.

Since there is no law in place, its clearly not a matter of danger but convenience.

Furthermore they must have access to a non-natural replacement already because, as stated, they would all die in the Floraverse winters if not.

Does Poppy even know how reptiles work? She seems to only be interested in Opossum affairs.

If the public ones were specifically for the survival of reptiles, then there would be enforcement of that. Instead gangs are allowed to fight over them like kids in a park over who gets to sit in the gazebo all day.

We don't even know if this is a public resource. From what I can gather, they're basically just loitering on top of private buildings.

>Worst case scenario, they might get a little sluggish from time to time.

And then the worst case scenario for the cats is...fuckin' nothing because they don't ever need to sunbathe. The reptiles are still right.

>logic would dictate there would be enforcement of access like how parking in a handicap space results in a fine.

Maybe the government is incompetent. I mean, logic would dictate that there'd be serious consequences for cops taking longer to respond to calls in bad neighborhoods, but that's not the case.

>Since there is no law in place, its clearly not a matter of danger but convenience.

Or maybe the laws are shit.

And convenience matters too. A guy in a wheelchair isn't gonna die from parking too far away from a store, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a reserved space closer to the store.

>People who need the service to live shouldn't be told that they have to go raise funds and build more stuff just because a bunch of people who DON'T need the service to live are hogging it.
It is so incredibly hard not to make a comment connecting that statement to real life politics (cough*MEDICAID*cough).

>Maybe the government is incompeten
steptits get out
haven't you got better things to be doing

>If the public ones were specifically for the survival of reptiles, then there would be enforcement of that.

>If you really needed it there would be a law protecting your need of it

>If they really needed these things to live then why isn't there already a law in place protecting their access to it? Checkmate, you wannabe lawmakers.

Is it actually a service? The language implies that the cats are hogging hangout spots in the sunlight rather than some kind of reptile sun station.

That's literally what the meeting is about mainly, but she's addressing the concerns of the inner city as a whole because that's where most of the Opossums live; the slum. Kind of like how social programs that are designed to help black people in ghettos also helped the odd white or Hispanic person living in the community as well.

Clearly the only real solution is to have the cats lie on top of the reptiles

1.) It's possible it is a law but it's not being enforced
2.) It's possible the sun patios were built before reptiles arrived in the kingdom since the kingdom was originally a sheep kingdom that is now ruled by dogs
3.) It's possible it's not a law. You're operating under the idea that all needs are accounted for by the law in this setting.

Chicadino is a fucking mob boss and he's involved in the government, by the way.

>Maybe the government is incompetent. I mean, logic would dictate that there'd be serious consequences for cops taking longer to respond to calls in bad neighborhoods, but that's not the case.
>Or maybe the laws are shit.
A bit of a stretch of logic. I mean it is the inner city, but if we're talking about a population that literally needs something to survive then there should at least be half-assed enforcement.

>And convenience matters too. A guy in a wheelchair isn't gonna die from parking too far away from a store, that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a reserved space closer to the store.

In that example the parking space is not a requirement, but a luxury. The conversation is about if reptiles need the sunbathing spots to survive, and if its a public resource specifically set aside for the survival of reptiles or if these layabout gang members are just climbing up on people's roofs.

>tfw best girl will never come back

>but if we're talking about a population that literally needs something to survive then there should at least be half-assed enforcement.

Not necessarily, no. There's plenty of survival needs not addressed by the government.

>In that example the parking space is not a requirement, but a luxury

Right. So even if sunbathing spots are just luxuries then reptiles should still have priority access to them because they'd be more greatly affected by the lack of them.

I'm sure her corpse will make an appearance at some point.

1) Seems unlikely, just given that it seems like too much detail for not much payoff for Morbi to write. Meta logic aside though it seems too important for it to not be enforced, if you have a section of your population that will literally die without it.
2) In this case the reptiles have no claim, any more than the cats anyway. Fairness dictates sharing it, but then again these are largely hoodlums.
3) Then the reptiles also have no claim.

>Right. So even if sunbathing spots are just luxuries then reptiles should still have priority access to them because they'd be more greatly affected by the lack of them.
That's not how public resources work. Like, at all.

If its not a necessity, its pretty much first come first serve.

>If its not a necessity, its pretty much first come first serve.

Then we should abolish handicap parking? They don't need it to live, it's just a luxury. First come, first serve.

But yes, that is how certain public resources work. This is why millionaires don't have access to food stamps.

From Morbi's tumblr.

>Exactly how essential is sunbathing to the reptile characters, for reference? Do they need it to survive?

>Not really. Spending a couple of hours in front of a simple space heater each morning is usually enough to keep them feeling active throughout their workday. They might get extremely drowsy if they get too cold for too long, but not much else.
They just like sunbathing a lot more.

There. are. alternatives.
blatantly ignoring that point doesn't mean you win the argument.

Neither species NEEDS sunbathing spots.
Reptiles need heat, regardless of source.

Dumb thread.

Save us Chochi.

>Chochi
>do anything
hah

>a comic page with something kind of sort of resembling the current political situation
Nothing can save it now.

I want to do things to Kit's cute little nose.

>Then we should abolish handicap parking? They don't need it to live, it's just a luxury. First come, first serve.
Literally the only reason that we have handicap parking, a requirement for elevators, and expanded rights for the elderly is because during the early 80's those groups organized heavily and staged political movements.
Ronald Reagan broke conservatives that urged him to tell them to fuck off like the gays that were marching with them and told his own party to suck his huge fat Communism-crushing cock before siding with the liberals and expanding the rights for everyone other than gay people, who he mostly just told to wait for the culture to shift in their direction. (This is something most conservatives like to forget, Reagan was really liberal in a LOT of ways; he wouldn't even be considered a Republican now since most of his policies run counter to the current vibe).

As a result handicap spaces and wheelchair access is required for all public buildings, and you can't take away the driver's license of old people simply because of their age as long as they can still pass a driver's test. Thanks to Reagan and handicap people staging mass protests.

Unless you're non-'murrican, not sure how you lot got those things. I feel bad just assuming you copied us, I'm sure there's another explanation.

I kind of went on a tangent here, but you can kind of see what I mean. Were it not for heavy protests back in the day during the last years of a president who wanted everyone to love him, and the fact that no politician wants to have the black mark on their record as the guy that took it away, there would never have been handicapped parking anywhere but hospitals to begin with.

>poorfag reptiles can't afford magic heating devices so they have to squabble with a bunch of alley cats and argue for their cause on a Trench newsgroup for Yapanese cartoon enthusiasts
lmaoing @ ur life kiddos

Out of context, this is fucking hilarious.

Huh, I was listening to this asshole who was on my Youtube homepage-
youtube.com/watch?v=LPNfVXOmQ0U
-and apparently the Kakamora from Moana are Hobbits who eat possums.

I'm glad there's a shitposting tag.
It's hard to tell when people are actually being serious about things like this.

>Gay
Wait what?
Was Lilly's dad such a fuckup that he turned her?

The alternative is to give priority to the creatures that need it more than others. The government can enforce peak hours as reptiles only. Cats can hit the tanning booths during those hours.

Its funny how every other thread we get some user or two arguing the minutia of some point of the current page because they are deliberately missing the point and misconstruing some issue or try to make some small issue in the comic a huge issue.

like thread before last when people were trying to make Poppy and Kits relationship sound like it was a loveless uncaring affair they they both only continue with for selfish benefits they get for it

on the one hand it means people are invested and willing to talk deeply about the comic, on the other its annoying cause it dominates the thread with ultimately circular back and forth

Just ignore them and post suggestive things about the characters. They're in their own world anyhow.

its hilarious IN context
people asked Morbi a political question, he gave a similarly political answer then they got pissy cause it wasn't the one they wanted

sometimes people use Gay as a substitute for the umbrella term QUeer or he might be referring to the fact that poppy is currently in a lesbian relationship

Wow. You really are just ignoring it, aren't you? Even Morbi confirms the reptiles don't need the sun to stay warm. Sunning spots are purely a luxury and something that one snake guy thinks should be his right over others.

I think bi falls under the gay category since they get treated like shit too so its the same political movement.

So do people in Canopy know Poppy is dating their Queen or do they just think they're political gal pals like the magazine cover said at the restaurant? Cause you'd think that this topic would of been brought up by now.

This thread unironically hurts my head and makes me mad

Worse, bi even get shit from militant gay people saying they must "chose a side" or being told they're straight if they're correctly with somebody of the opposite gender at the time.

They don't know yet. It'll probably be leaked by some paparazzi, though. The inferior daughter of the royal family having a romantic relationship with a filthy opossum is bound to cause some uproar.

Which, given how most of her kingdom is a slum, only really politically affects the family.

>sis'sfacewhen

All Morbi's fault.