Remember the time period between 2004 and 2007 where CN put the Cartoon Cartoons on the back burner and replaced them...

Remember the time period between 2004 and 2007 where CN put the Cartoon Cartoons on the back burner and replaced them with a slew of mediocre shows that were not very well-liked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least they were slightly better than Real.

this

It was still better than the CN Real shit. It sucks shows like The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Chowder had to follow that cause they were the only bright spots on CN at the time.

The thing about mid-2000s CN shows is that they seemed to focus more on the characters being cruel and terrible people (Bloo, Jake Spidermonkey, Mandy), while late 2000s/early 2010s characters like Chowder, flapjack, and Finn and Jake had more of a more positive outlook .

>put on the back burner
I'm an idiot for not realizing what this saying meant until today

Why did the mods delete my post? It was a completely harmless opinion that didn't break a single rule.

Just mods doing mod things.

it is almost as if they were trying to balance things out

And now, thanks to AT's contemporaries and follow-ups, we're headed to a muted, toothless, lobotomized epoch of animated programming with the likes of Apple & Onion and Summer Camp Island

>the likes of Apple & Onion and Summer Camp Island

That is the natural result of people bitching about le CalArts Face meme
youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8

I would call this the darkest timeline, but there is one where CN Real was still going.

I liked this show

at least Gym Partner still had working karma
there was a fair share of episodes where Jake was the one suffering, almost always by his own fault

Literally anything that's ever been on CN is better than Real.

even nuPPG or Johnny Test?

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to notice that. Everything on around that time had the same basic setup of one likeable protagonist who was best friends with an irremediable asshole that made the show unbearable to watch.

go home Mr. Enter, you are drunk

Johnny Test is definitely better than Real.

With nuPPG, it's harder to say. I think I'd say they're on equal footing.

this is what you get for bitching about CalArts face and Tumblr

>the only way to have personality on a show is through calarts face and tumblrshit

it is more like out of all the pilots, only the ones with CalArts face had any personality to begin with
And by rejecting them because of having said CalArts face, you are now left with the ones devoid of any personality

CN Real was one of the most baffling things the network did

>LET'S NOT AIR CARTOONS ON A CHANNEL KNOWN FOR CARTOONS

By your logic there ARE universes (an infinite amount) where CN was never created.
Which is true if the theory is correct.

I loved My Gym Partner

apparently someone in the board of directors argued that one can make live-action cartoons

IDK, fried dynamite was pretty fucking amazing

definition of underrated