/trek/

Mind meld edition.

My glorious Nebula will eat any Tacfags garbage scow

I don't care much for the TNG era ships at all. TOS movie era had the best designs.

To each his own

The other one isn't even named, man.

this is the real one, dude fucked up

Not being named is a good thing. It's an authentic genuine Star Trek thread instead of a cringe-worthy forced general thread.

>he unironically calls himself a trekker

Agreed

>it's not an authentic genuine star trek thread because it has a label on it

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,I simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

Hey, what do you guys think of my idea for a DS9/VOY crossover? I pitched it in the 90's but it never took off. I think Gene would have loved it.

One day 7 decided that she wanted to learn more about the process of biological assimilation. She instructed the Holodeck to create a simulation of the digestive system of a humanoid female at a scale of roughly 1000 to 1. As she was embarking on her expedition the holodeck failed when the ship encountered a major spatial anomaly. This anomaly happened to result in the presence of a wormhole exactly where the model's esophagus would be, a wormhole leading to the same point in the anatomy of Ezri Dax. The wormhole had a side effect: 7 was shrunk by it's subspace matrix down to one one-thousandth of her original size!

Dax felt something in her throat and swallowed, sending 7 down to her stomach. She wondered what it had been but it never occurred to her to look into the slight sensation of 'presence' in her mouth. It never occurred to her that one of the missing crew of the starship Voyager had been digested within her Trill stomach, fuel for her symbiont. But the symbiont had all of 7's memories, as a side effect of the digestion.

>okay I did my obligatory TNG cameo, now I can finally be done with this shit
>lol just kidding james we need you for Generations

If we bounce a post over on one of the capeshit or blacked threads and link to the other thread, we could destabilize their warpcore and send them to page 10 before they have a chance to retaliate.

The Enterprise comes up behind your girlfriend thing and slaps her right on the aft torpedo bay. What do you do?

Finally got to this episode and it's making me want to put DS9 on hold and go back to rewatch TOS.

>not chronos class

good luck grandpa

captcha: garbagnate extra

The other thread has actual discussion and this thread has trash and pasta. The fact that this thread is a general clearly encourages shitposting.

>the other thread has actual discussion

Damn DS9 did a TOS throwback episode?

*chuckles*
Kid...

i'm a trekkie

S5:EP6

It's one of the best known episodes.

Haven't gotten to it yet. I'm currently watching DS9 though. It's pretty good.

It's the best!

it's the best you plebeian

OMG I fucking love TRIBBLES! Aren't they CUTE?????

And you guys said I was bad.

This is quality material, my friend.

>last few minuets of DS9

Its almost over, what do I watch now? ENT?

It amazes me how some people don't like TOS.

Babylon 5
Blake's 7
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

ToS was never serious. It only worked because everyone acting took it seriously.

It's definitely more difficult to marathon than TNG, but I don't see how anyone could call it bad.

Why is there two star trek threads?

YES. Enterprise is much better than Voyager imp

The other thread is an actual thread. This is just a shitty general.

All posters are advised to post here:

I have already watched that disaster.

all I have left is the animated series and Enterprise.

This one is a general. The other one is a general disguised as a regular thread.

What father figure?

Enterprise is good. It is better than Voyager

His father....

>in your timeline, did I know my father?
>yes, you often spoke of him as your inspiration for joining starfleet.

I don't recall ever seeing Kirk's father in TOS.

>in your timeline, did I know my father?
>yes, you often spoke of him as your inspiration for joining starfleet.

gib vulcan gf

Thor

Seems a little tenuous.

It proves he existed and that Kirk looked up to him.

>hurr if someone says something it's true
I have a headcanon that kirk was raised by machines from a frozen embryo on a remote colony

She probably fucks like a sehlat.

>implying fucking SPOCK would lie to Kirk

Not even the best Plakson character.

dumbest looking alien?

Star Trek doesn't really take itself seriously and neither should you.

Ferengi by a mile.

Let me show you the ways of the five fiinger exploding heart technique

I'm so used to them by now that they seem normal. I'm a little surprised they stuck with them after they failed to become the new big bad, I guess they made too many masks to not keep going.

save this for when the other reaches the bump limit

I'm watching ENT right now. I love it. I don't understand all the flak it gets. I unironically enjoy the opening theme as well.

Its so happy and upbeat.

Was it made that way because of 9/11? Because it sure feels like its trying to lift people's moods from a trying time.

TNG Andorrian

Pic related. They literally used fishing tackle as his tendril things.

Talk to me and my dog whenever you want

How did they fuck that up so bad?

The first two seasons of ENT are pretty meh, the third season gets a lot better and S4 is absolute top-shelf stuff

I don't recall Andorians in TNG.

I have no idea.

You can tell when 9/11 happened

That looks like shit

Lucky you.

No idea. I would guess not though as it aired on 26 September 2001, and they probably had the opening theme selected well before it aired.

Top pleb

I think there's only two instances. When Data's daughter is choosing which body to have, and in the background on Risa.

if you are watching ENT you will know what i mean

i liked the tng andoransand never saw tos before it.

Yeah I'm almost finished season 2 and it seems to be your typical single episode story format, with a single occasional overarching story arc of the temporal cold war. Although I feel like they haven't done much with that from what I've seen so far.

wait for the xindi attack. it gets much darker

I've always been partial to pic related. I like the slimmer profile and more aggressive/sharper lines.

The overall design of E looks generic to me. It also looks like it's been stretched out too much. I think it looks a lot better condensed a little bit.

It looks like a chicken now.

Fair enough, that does look better. I guess I just don't really like the gooseneck looking style of D.

I'm not a fan of D's style either.

I LOVE T'POL

yes i have seen THAT picture. she got better. here is her after THAT picture

Prove me wrong

>Quark
>true neutral

he is more good than neutral after that weapons deal

Well... He's chaotic and selfish as fuck, but he also holds dearly to the laws, principles, and morality of his people... Which tell him to be chaotic and selfish as fuck.

>the morality of his people
Which isn't the same as the morality of humans. Come to think of it, should that chart even exist off all those aliens have different moral codes? They can't be compared unless you're applying their actions to one particular moral code.

Damn, that's some tangible anger right there.