Other urls found in this thread:

www2.zippyshare.com/v/whqDdWOk/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill them all, Kyle.

Guy Gardner, hell yeah.

It's canon.

Kyle is cute

oh my.

it only makes sense for Kyle to play a big part in the Rebirth story because he's a multidimensional anomaly or whatever

Daddy's home.

Tune in next week for Simon and Jessica to fight the master of magnetism, in "Polarity" Part two!

And return in two weeks for "The Prism of Time"!

LOL

So they wanted to resurrect the rest of the Blue Lanterns, I'm guessing. And Dr. Manhattan stopped it from happening.

Also what said. I'm very curious what's gonna happen when Kyle meets Donna Troy.

Action Comics: Detective Comics:

D'awwwwww. Guy you big softy.

This reminds me a lot more of Parallax-Kyle than GL-Kyle.

>Mogo: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

IS THAT ORION ON THE OTHER SCREEN OF OZ

>put an obstacle in front of me, and i'll fly through it. Every time
Specially if its a yellow sign

I always knew this exact thing would happen, its just like Agent Venom

>Kyle is White Lantern, that's fresh and we could do a whole lot of interesting new stories with it
>Shit we're not creative and have no idea what the hell we're doing, we don't know any possible stories we can tell with this for some reason. Even though sky's the fucking limit
>Lets just squander this entire concept and sit on it for awhile
>"H-hey guys, look. Kyle's back to his old original self. Aren't you glad and rejoicing? Its not like this proves that we're uncreative hacks who can't write an original idea, so we just go back to status quo every time we don't know what the hell we're doing and act like you're supposed to love us for it".

It always gets me because it could have been something, but it wasn't, because they never knew what they were doing with it and no writer even tried decently. We had a White Lantern corps created for one issue, then nothing came out of it.

Best thing they might have done is write him similar to Deadman when he accidentally became White Lantern. Had him get dragged along on a life crusade of crazy LIFE adventures. Instead it was nothing, and they're happy that they didn't do anything with it and went back to status quo when its just proof that they never thought it out much. It was just kinda wasted.

>It's another Kyle loses his hard earned powers episode
>because he's a multidimensional anomaly or whatever
Say what now

Booo
Also hue@the orange ring being the only one to not find a replacement, research done I guess

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 017 (2017) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP).cbr
www2.zippyshare.com/v/whqDdWOk/file.html

fukin crab mask

I love it but it looks ridiculous

In Countdown, Weeks 49-47, Kyle Rayner is among those "anomalies" listed by the Monitors as being dangerous to the Universe, so he is on their list for termination. Also on the list are Duela Dent, Donna Troy, and Jason Todd.

get the Scooby gang back together

This
I could write a more creative pitch but 1) it would be not muh Kyle and 2) I have no experience
Alas

and them they kissed

This would be a cool ass combo, too bad Sinestro will most likely come back from the dead and fuck everything up

>Say what now
Literally like 90% of Kyle's history was erased by the nu52 reboot. Two of his ex-girlfriends never existed, he was never in the Justice League, he never met Wally West, or Martian Manhunter, or Alan Scott. Yet he remains unchanged as a character, and the massive holes in his history have never been filled or explained. If that doesn't make him a walking temporal anomaly, I don't know what does.

You seem to forget the rule about Countdown, let me remind you what it is.

Forget about Countdown

Walker's face is fucking killing me

>Blue lantern Flash
Oh fuck yeah

So has this run been decent/good? I trade wait and I was thinking about buying the first collection and maybe some back issues of the ones that come after that batch if I enjoyed the trade ....

Red pill me, folks. Should I save my money for liquor?

never ever forget

Snibbity Snab

>And Dr. Manhattan stopped it from happening.
But why? What could be his problem with them?

Alpha, Rita escaped, recruit a team of teenagers with attitude!

Manhattan hates corgis confirmed
he cancelled Mockingbird
this is now a hypercrisis thread

>i have no mouth and i must scream

in a scale of 0 to autistic screeching how angry will scarecrow get when the yellow ring pick someone else?

>Kyle is a white lantern again

Well that didn't last long

>My ring...
>...I don't feel anything.
Then now his brainwash over Carol is over, right?

>Brainwashing
Hal please, just because you don't know how to keep a woman doesn't mean that Kyle can't.

>Two of his ex-girlfriends never existed, he was never in the Justice League, he never met Wally West, or Martian Manhunter, or Alan Scott. Yet he remains unchanged as a character, and the massive holes in his history have never been filled or explained.

Everything still happened, those years happened. Batman and Flash seem to say that someone stole ten years from the world, Wally and Superman both remember that time though, meaning it all still happened. Those girlfriends existed, the people existed, but something tried to rearrange the world.

It wasn't retconned so much as someone tried to cut part of the time-stream out. The missing slice still occurred, but someone tried to remove it and only a few people realize the change. Yet Kyle was somehow unaffected, possibly since he's from the same era as Wally and also has a particular stake in that era.

>) it would be not muh Kyle
In the first place Kyle was at his best when he was an everyman, when he was basically Peter Parker of the Green Lanterns. He didn't know what he was doing, had poor luck, but dammit he was trying. he avoided tropes and did some creative stuff at first.

He tried honoring his legacy even if he didn't experience it, even when hal was an asshole he gave him some respect, he read the manual for the GL ring which allowed him to use it in ways that few others could do, he trained using his abilities the first few days and understood some of the limitations.

However what really set him apart at times was what he created using the ring. Hal creates boxing gloves and lasers and shit, Kyle never creates lasers, Kyle is the type who creates women, mecha, huge ass monsters, or all kinds of creative shit.

He had a lot going for him, not necessarily some chosen one aspect. He was special not because he was chosen, but because what he did with it.

Man, I would be really happy if DC brought back their past as a team.

Never. The challengers alone make countdown worth remembering.

It's been great. Really didn't expect the quality to ramp up, aside from ignoring Bunnestro.

>Guy took out Arkillo in a barehanded fight
Based but BULLSHIT

When was the last time Kyle did anything?

He brought Hal back from the dead a few issues ago.

holy shit. Look like it

I used to do Storytimes of Kyle Rayner stuff under the name Kylestories. That era is supremely underrated and Ron Marz was god damned brilliant with the character

This was always a favorite issue of mine.

So, some backstory. Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy have been in a relationship for quite a while, however, John Bryne wanted to tell "The Definitive Donna Troy" in his "Definitive Wonder Woman" so her character (which was basically a Lantern character for 2 years) gets pulled (With hasty rewrites and filler issues having to be done in the GL Office because Bryne flat out ignored their already submitted issues) leading to her husband and son dying so she can go off to be Dark Angle'd

Kyle's fucking depressed, since he loved the fuck out of Donna, and we come back off a string of filler for Kyle facing one of his nemesii, Grayven.

>It's a "Guardians try to do stupid shit, lanterns get in trouble for it"

Just fucking start over the Blue Corps like last time and keep the battery on Mogo, shit'll be safe until it's all ready.

That said, If Barry gets a blue ring, that's gonna be pretty baller

It totally is

Interspacing his face off with Grayven, we have Kyle at Radu's coffee shop, his old haunt in New York, sort of just... existing, been very depressed since Donna disappeared and he's sort of just coasting on by.

Allison was a weird supporting character, she basically existed as a way to always break Donna and Kyle up and have her move in as the next love interest (Donna was only intended to have a short stint to give Kyle a popularity rub, her staying for multiple years wasn't expected) But they decided on having Jade fill that role, so she just sort of... existed.

So is Doc being a dick because of what happened to Superman or he just want the exclusive on blue penis?

Grayven existed as one of those mirrors to Kyle, in this case, he's the warrior abandoned by his Father. Kyle doesn't know who his father is, where he's gone, or what he's done.

Remember when he and Luthor spent all of Blackest Night in a bitchfight instead of actually helping?

Imagine if It wasn't Luthor's fault.

I cannot believe that Optic Blasts is not a Marvel trademark.

You know, this is a guest artist for the issue, and he draws Kyle looking hella old. But I think it works for this issue, the dude's just fucking hurting now, he feels hella old.

comparing Kyle to Spider-man is probably the most apt comparison. He's a hero in a real city trying to help people in spite of having no fucking idea. His relationships are just as much a part of his character as the constant thoughts and fighting.

Omega Men, one of his hightlights was beating up a catman while singing about how his God is an awesome God

Deadman issue is really fun
what's your Kylerecs

>universe before
Venditti still pushing that shit?

were does his nose go
i always hated that mask

huh?

I always love when he would summon a dude to drop a hammer or smash. Kyle was great at making his fights dynamic.

I recommend Marz's entire run, but for specific arcs, Hero's Quest and the first fight against Grayven. Effigy, the return of the Controllers and the finale to Volume 3. Making chicken salad from the shit that had been made of his run since he left. I just adore that old stuff. Also while Day of Judgement is a shit event, the tie in is great for the human side of Kyle.

Oh and Grant Morrisons JLA run might as well be Kyle Rayners story. DC One Million is amazing as well.

Ok, so quick question.
If Green Lantern, (Hal Jordan) is so fucking unstoppable and amazing, why is he always a goddamn joke in the JL animated series, the JL animated movies, and often times in any team JL comic?

When I was young, I really connected with Kyle because at his core he was a dude who wanted to help people. He's just... the guy gets beaten up, broken, he even finds out that in the future NO ONE will remember him (except as an artist, but he doesn't learn that) and hell, his descendant in the era of the Legion of Super Heroes is GOD DAMNED HOMELESS!

But he still keeps going, because it's about helping other people and doing the right thing.

I've only read his team up with Connor Hawke and Kelly's JLA and he's fun in those

Also holy shit this page is way too fucking true.

Cuz he's not the main character in those.

What resurrection? Nobody there was dead and everyone after is alive? What? Did the resurrection fail because nobody was dead?

>>Greatest Lantern

He also had a story where he, Wally and Connor went on a cruise together. They were a good trio of friends.

Also, I should recommend the stories following this issue, which leads to Kyle travelling to the Legion's era, then being shunted back in time to Hal's era. It leads to Hal giving him a duplicate ring he can use to restart the GLC.

...FUCK! That reminds me, also go read "Green Lantern: A New Corp" Where Kyle drives around in space in a construct Cadillac.
Again, we see the construct creativity here. Kyle didn't mind being in the thick of a fight in a brawl, or shooting from afar, but he basically acted as a summoner.

>mask wearing lanterns

yeah, you defiantly want to make sure some alien 12 galaxies over doesn't recognize one GL's face out of 7200

Same thing why Flashes are jobbers, you have to nerf some characters to make team books interesting
Also because Hal has the IQ of a guacamole

Fuck! Also circle of Fire, it's a Judd Winnick comic which I have mixed feelings about, but it introduces the concept of Oblivion, and also leads to Ion, which was Kyle's first brush with "Phenomenal cosmic power he would soon lose."

This fucking page man...

It's been really good.