How did he manage to fake a signal for Vega - 26 light years away?

How did he manage to fake a signal for Vega - 26 light years away?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWyhHoRGeEo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Strange how everyone forgot how triangulation works. Faking the signal to a single station would be possible but as soon as it was received by another station the game would be over.

Just be honest you wanted a Contact bread. Why the stupid b8?

What? Speak American

>How did he manage to fake a signal for Vega - 26 light years away?
the signal was 50/50 real, it was purposely left vague

no way earthlings made the plans for the machine either

>no way earthlings made the plans for the machine either
That bald scientist did it

But the machine didn't do anything

the tech was far, far, far ahead of 1996 tech
it did, remember james woods being asked by the nigress at the end about the X amount of static the onboard camereas recorded? like 9 hours or whatever it was?

it happened but no one believed her because they covered it up and it looked like it just fell through

But they had sourced it from Vega. How would that ever be possible?

So why did it record 18 hours of static?

but there was eleven thousand hours of static recorded

I'll always love this movie for the mirror shot, and the suspense it builds when the signal first starts coming through.

It doesn't keep to that quality as it goes, but the first half is some of the best pacing low level sci-fi has ever seen.

Rachel Constantine: I assume you read the confidential findings report from the investigating committee.
Michael Kitz: I flipped through it.
Constantine: I was especially interested in the section on Arroway's video unit. The one that recorded the static?
Kitz: Continue.
Constantine: The fact that it recorded static isn't what interests me.
Kitz: [pauses] Continue...
Constantine: What interests me is that it recorded approximately 18 hours of it.
Kitz: That is interesting, isn't it?

>So why did it record 18 hours of static?
Because NASA tech is shit.

Triangulation of the signal would have proved that it wasn't faked. Ellie would have known that but forgot the equivalent of 2+2 just to wrap things up. Otherwise a nice movie and probably a good book too.

>But they had sourced it from Vega. How would that ever be possible?
it was left vague, of course if they had checked the signal properly it couldn't have been faked

but you could say the rich guy bought them off or whatever, but the static bit seems to indicate that it really did happen

>but forgot
no, it was confirmed by multiple other people, it either came from vega and it was all real or the rich guy somehow bought off people/faked the signal

static indicates it was real

breh

>it was left vague,
No it wasn't. I've just fucking watched it and they explicitly state the data is being sent from Vega. When Ellie meets Hadden, he tells her she must think like a Vegan when he reveals how to read the data in a three-dimensional form.MAPLE HAYWOOD

the book is better

>When Ellie meets Hadden, he tells her she must think like a Vegan when he reveals how to read the data in a three-dimensional form.
interesting that the guy accused of a hoax provides that info....

multiple other stations triangulated it independently and confirmed it after she found it, it was mentioned, as would always happen irl

It's odd considering she was MIT and Caltech-educated, yet really was dumb as fuck and needed spoon-feeding the rather simple solution to piecing the data together.

Yes, an Australian source and Russian.

the whole point of the movie is about what faith is/means, hence the matthew m. priest character etc., not aliens themselves

but the static line seems to indicate that it really did happen, no other reason to include that scene, woods was clearly covering it up

Hadden owned those stations

>Yes, an Australian source and Russian.
onscreen

and irl it would've been confirmed a 1,000 times by other stations and amateurs

the breh had nothing to do with that. They guy you're quoting is saying what you said. He's just saying that at the end, she never brought it up because the plot needed to move forward

He didn't own the New Mexico array. He funded Ellie and her team, but she discovered the signal, so are you claiming Hadden paid her off???

it would've been confirmed a 1,000 times by other stations and amateurs

they even included the seen at the desert gathering of an amateur listening to the signal

Some celestial event.
No words to describe it.
Poetry!
They should've sent a poet.
So beautiful.
So beautiful... I had no idea.... I had no idea

This scene gets me at a very spiritual level

you need at least two stations to triangulate it to prove it, he's saying the others could've been bought off etc.

but he couldn't have bought off every array/university/amateur etc. in the world who would've also triangulated it

Sometimes I forget what kind of place this board is.

Not enough memes?

We're discussing a movie from the 90's before media got jewed up to hell.

It's a movie that everyone from atheists to religious people could find something in. Now everything is agenda driven.

youtube.com/watch?v=HWyhHoRGeEo

She’s a she that’s why.

Her dad actually feel into a black whole and had to give her special knowledge once she was an adult

bump

clearly you don't understand how Sup Forums works

tell me

I was interested in the movie until they built this super duper space machine instantly.

DROPPED

the only way you can get a discussion on a non modern movie is to post bait

yeah it must be hard to imagine government can get something done when all you've experienced in your short life is Bush, Obama being sabotaged by Republicans, and Trump

no its not asshole

this thread is so full of underage retards it hurts

Oh look, Reddit is here to shit on a thread discussing a film that isn't about memes or niggers

>reddit!
the projection

Yeah, those youngsters, right. Old-timers like us remember the government comissioning a giant like Kubrick to do one of their super projects, now those were the days.

>t. upset europoor or slav cucked by burgers

How does it feel to look at the moon and see our flag(s) up there? Feels pretty good to me.

meant for

You don't have a flag up there, dumbfuck burger. It's coming to 2018 and you retards still believe they went to the moon.

been here longer than you buddy, keep being a faggot

(You)
thread got bumped thrice so i decided to finally reply since gookmoot killed sage nobump