Zack Snyder is not a master of his craf-

Zack Snyder is not a master of his craf-

>copied an already pretty unique style graphic novel by Frank Miller
Synder literally can't make something his own, he just cherry picks content done by better people then adds filters and grimderp onto it.

300 was a long time ago user...

I'm gonna quote a comment on Youtube I saw that I actually agree with.
I have never seen a director as hated as Snyder in my time.
What did the man do to deserve such hate?
They say he is a bad director... but most of his movies become cult movies after a few years.
They say he has no substance... but his movies are filled with so much subtext, metaphors and symbolism that people make video essays to analyze them, almost like Kubrick's movies.
They say he has cynical and disgusting messages in his movies... but they deliberatly misinterprete his movies on a constant basis.
They say he is a mysoginist... but all his movies feature badass, powerful women who can stand on their own.
They say his movies are dark and ugly... but his visuals are downright beautiful, poetic and filled with strong visual storytelling. So much so, that directors like James Cameron praise him and say they were inspired by him.
They say he is a stupid asshole... but everyone who worked with him has only good things to say about him and what a nice guy he is. Some even say he is highly intelligent and thinks every step of his movie through.
They say he is completely untalented... but he can shoot a movie with a mobile phone and still make it look amazing and beautiful (Snow, Steam, Iron).
They say he doesn't understand or like comicbook characters... but he actually takes them more serious than any other director I have ever seen. He gets that these are not flat heroes but that they are complex characters, bigger than life.
I don't get it.

look at how dynamic his shots are,no wonder james cameron considers him an inspiration

he literally plagiarizes the 300 comic book. exact same fucking framing and shots. master of plagiarism.

He makes them think. In an era where you're supposed to turn your brain off at the theater, that's not a good thing.

It's not even just that, he's obviously a competent director. I truly don't understand where people get the idea that he's "bad." Every single person who has worked with him had had nothing but glowingly positive things to say.

BvS is the easily the best comic book movie in years.

if you're adapting a comic book to film how is this a bad thing?

Zack Snyder is not a master of his craft.

He's supposed to be a director, a storyteller, not merely a cinematographer.

>Implying he's not a great visual storyteller.

Cinema is an audio visual medium,presenting a story threw masterful imagery is the most important part that a competent director can do

Film is a lot more than just visuals. That's why he's such a limited director.

Modern day Jesus.

film is 50% visual and 50% and a director job is to make sure that those things are done right

He really does just pump up the contrast to force hard blacks into every single frame doesn't he?

what is this meme spacing?

In silent film, maybe.

He does good work

That's what happens when you're putting Frank Miller's art on screen. I wish he'd only done it for 300, instead of deciding it's gonna be his signature style.

that's the look that he is going with this film probably to present frank millers visual style correctly

Meanwhile, at Marvel

Again, he still does a good job with story and character arcs. I really fail to see the problem.

hahahahahahahah WTF

You'd rather it be an unorganized mess?

Quads of Truth

>overlong DBZ beam struggle

>an actual comic book fight

>cinematography is a still frame

So he's good at ripping off talented people? Explains why he hasn't made a good movie since Watchmen.

You really want a televisual cheap-looking fight between two guys in costumes over a visual impressing CG fight? I guess Marvel movies are for you.

remixing was part of cinema since the early ages retard,tarantino does it,Scorsese does it,everyone does

>3rd highest grossing film of all time

It's in Dawn of the Dead too, but yeah, it feels pretty one-trick to me.

Beautiful shots
Agree 100% with the long comment

snyder was too good for this age of quips

>impressive CG fight
The fights in BvS were disjointed as fuck. Somebody attacks, there's an awkward pause, the next person attacks, pause again, another attack, another pause, rinse and repeat. And the climactic fight they don't even work together. Superman keeps bouncing off Doomsday while Wonder Woman makes sexy poses and Batman dodges like a bitch. The choreography in that movie was awful.

>Watchmen
>good movie
It's alright.

Everyone rips off someone.
Paul Thomas Anderson rips off Orson Welles.
Zack Snyder rips off Stanley Kubrick.
What does it say about Marvel that their directors use Joss Whedon as their template?

They also do their own thing and do it well. Snyder only does well when he's ripping from somebody else's work. Every time he tries to do his own thing he falls flat on his face.

"t"

Frank Miller is a master of his craft. He's a loon. But a master.

Shot for shot like 300 and Watchmen?

>grimderp

LOL.

Sometimes.

Clearly not in that scene.

Why does that matter to you?
Do you know what the most watched tv shows are right now? The most played music? Look at some charts

>brainlet opinion = “I hate Zack Snyder”

This was directed by the guy that WB replaced Snyder with because his Justice League was unwatchable.

Quads of truth. Snyder did nothing wrong.

>takes them more serious than any other director I have ever seen

ie: he doesn't understand them.

This isn't about qupopiage, this is about perspective.
Superman did not need the "Objectavist" treatment to "correctly mine his thematic and cultural weight".
As if Superman had not been done "properly" yet.

Well, agree to disagree. Maybe it was the presentation or sound mixing that helped my perception of it. You didn't like it, that's fine.

His style may be one trick, but at least it's a nice trick.

Theatrical cut had some problems, but I liked the director's cut.

You didn't do the spacing right. It's -t.

That Batman green screen was the one VFX shot I didn't like.

When it comes to adapting a graphic novel, I think most fans appreciated it was that close to the source material. If it was different, fans would've bitched even more.

Truly unbelievable. Hopefully we'll see Snyder's cut eventually.

Well, I'm off to bed, guys. Have a great night.

*that fucked up word should have been "quip-age".

you realise that avengers scene is nowhere near the climax of that movie right?

It's still a scene in the movie, regardless of where it takes place. Even the Batman vs Superman fight looks better presented.

the chad 'snyder defender':
-replies to everyone, gives them attention and time
-writes out a thoughtful response for everyone
-spaces his posts for easy readability
-has balanced opinions

the rest is even more laughable

he shouldnt get credit for great compositions if hes not the guy originally composing them

Using Cinéma vérité stylistics to boost "muh realism" in a Superman movie just means you're embarrassed to like Superman as he exists in the public consciousness.
You need a veneer of "seriousness" on your hobby to make you feel less of a manchild. When it's this exact sort of insecurity that defines you as a manchild.

Fuck Donner. Fuck Whedon. What Snyder did was introduce Superman to our reality and have him be Superman in that reality without any hint of irony. Snyder approaches Superman as a true hero of our times. He's not perfect, but no hero is. He second guesses himself and is overcome with doubt, all true heroes. Fuck everyone denouncing Snyder's Superman. It's the only real hero this genre has seen.

>lonely faggot
>autistic
>reddit spacing
>reddit

I'm one of the guys he was arguing with and I can agree with this. Nice to see level-headed responses here.

He turned Bruce Wayne into a 80 IQ retard because he couldn't think of a better reason for him to oppose Superman. Then, when Bruce should have had his revelation about Superman being a necessity and not a risk, he instead completely fumbles the whole thing with his MARTHA bullshit that everyone just thinks is hilarious. You can dismiss that as the audience misunderstanding the scene if you like, but it's his job to communicate it to them and thus his failure that he didn't convey what he meant to. Good character development is not simply that a character got from A to B, it's how you get them there, and that's what Snyder makes a complete mess of (amongst other things).

This is on par with people saying not liking fags is being a closet fag.

What a truly attractive man.

No, it just means the public is embarrassed to take Superman serious.

You mean this climax?

Bruce Wayne did literally nothing wrong given his perspective. He's the only antagonist in any superhero film that has credible reasons to opppose Superman. It's funny how critics and mouseshills say Bruce isn't logical when he's operating on that same basis as the accusations critics threw at MoS Superman. But you were too dumb to notice.

>-writes out a thoughtful response for everyone

What? They're all subjective, emotional responses. There's no "thoughtful" about it.
Just because he didn't call anybody a faggot, doesn't mean he's still not taking a subjective position and doing a covert dummy-spit exit.

"Oh well, we all have our own tastes" is not an argument. That's a thought-terminating position. A pussy move.
If we "agree to disagree" then why are we on a public forum to even discuss anything in the first place, especially a meatgrinder like Sup Forums?
It's a fucking *taken* that everyone has their own fucking tastes, you idiot.

digits of truth

isn't the climax where the nuke gets flown through the portal?

but user you are a faggot. here's your superquipper and your (You)

This is just embarrassing, or scary good bait. Bravo if the latter. Genuinely skin-crawling.

You only need to read that image of yours to realize Snyder's Superman is actually one of the most comic-book true characters ever. But now mouseshills pretend Alex Ross doesn't exist and that turning every character into the same copypaste quipster is faithful. They are operating on a hypocritical basis. The aim was never to show support for a comic book Superman. Snyder already gave us that. The aim is and has always been to undermine Snyder's films.

this

Aw, that's not very nice. I'm just sick of all the bitterness when discussing these movies. Just wanted to try to be a little more friendly for once.

Well, there's no sense in being a retarded fag about opinions on movie. Thanks for being level-headed too.

Well, Snyder and Terrio turned Batman into a broken character, into a state we haven't seen him in before. You can say he has a low IQ, but after the death of his parents and the Wayne Corp building destruction, his rage just grew.

Great shot.

Eh, Snyder just wanted to put Superman in the real world. To do something different with the character. I don't see a problem with that. Even a number of the comics hinted at this idea.

Yikes, that cg could be a little better.

Agreed, except for the last sentence.

I wouldn't go that far, but this version of Superman is my personal favorite to date. Cavill did such a good job.

Ok, now I'm REALLY going to bed. Have fun arguing.

Suck my dick MCUck.

They essentially have to give him a completely straightforward plot for him not to fuck it up. Whoever thought he would be a good fit for Watchmen was downright cruel.

I wonder if anyone is a actually buying into the meme that Snyder is a good director as opposed to just joking.

Snyder is what would happen if you gave money and equipment to a pretentious fedora who thinks he's actually educated and cultured but only has a face value grasp of anything.

Reminds me of that guy who wore a tophat and cape in wife swap.

He’s not a loon, and it’s sad that you think he is

Would you care explaining why he isn't a good director rather than throwing insults? I've yet to hear a solid and written out explanation why.

This is the opinion of someone who only dislikes something because he wants to disagree with people. Not critical in the slightest and just le randumb insults

The virgin Snydenier response
>meme criticism
>personal insults
>no actual argument

If you're afraid of liking superheroes, and superhero movies/stories, then that's your problem.
If you want to be gay, be gay. Don't try to coat it in a perceived "socially acceptable" veneer.

Most normal adults are fine with going to see a Batman or Superman movie, without all the fretful edgedark shit. As long as the story is good and the characters engaging. Nobody but the worst sort of crypto-geek wants "brooding, dark, Jesus Superman".

Comics and comicbook movies can be many different things and flavors.
There are legitimately good edgedark comics out there.
Making Superman edgedark is no different to making him gay tranny Superman.
It's an agenda based on an insecure social identity.

He has no idea how to film drama, and as a result makes either underwhelming scenes, villains, scenarios, or exaggerated ones where how exaggerated they are is never given as much into how it affects the plot as it should.

He only makes pretty shots. Look at Nolan's batman. The joker felt like a threat. There was fearful character development where we saw Harvey Dent descend from an angel to a demon. The joker threatened to destroy masses of people and it mattered. People reacted appropriately to the importance of his actions.

In Snyder movies, plot points happen as a matter of checking off things in a list.

this, but unironically

No, not really.

I used to have a friend, who also browses this board, who was an ugly dumb Hispanic janitor who almost failed community college with an obnoxious personality.

I saw BvS with him and he liked it. Snyder's stuff only appeals to people who WANT to be smart and cultured but not try hard to be it.

He is actually, just in the wrong era.

Word salad lively written by a child

Dodging literally every argument like the good MCUck he is.