This was genuinely fantastic. I thought the Francos might butcher it but it exceeded my grandest expectations

This was genuinely fantastic. I thought the Francos might butcher it but it exceeded my grandest expectations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BMwOEkTmTyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They couldn't have picked a less interesting movie to make a movie about.

>tfw saw the Room grow from a movie with a small to decent sized cult following in Los Angeles to a movie worthy of a blockbuster making of

Sort of true
The problem with The Room is that Tommy Wiseau and the production are very interesting, but the film itself is not. There are plenty of better bad movies, and the only reason The Room is famous is because of Tommy Wiseau. I love bad movies and have seen just about every one that is well known, and I can say The Room is by far the most boring. I laughed once, when he said "don't touch me mut her fuck hair, but otherwise it's not really funny. Parts of it don't make sense, the sex scenes are way too long, but more than anything it's just bad in the sense that any awful low budget movie with a stupid director would be bad. Samurai Cop is probably the best bad movie, in my opinion, because everything about it is funny, production and the film itself.

That said, The Disaster Artist might work since it's actually about Tommy and the making of the movie rather than just haha lol this movie is bad do you get it have you seen it.

i've seen pretty much all of the famous bad movies and i have no idea what you're on about. The Room is hilarious and weirdly compelling on its own and it became famous as a cult movie for that reason, not because of Tommy Wiseau's personality or any of the production details. Though became known only later.

> Parts of it don't make sense, the sex scenes are way too long, but more than anything it's just bad in the sense that any awful low budget movie with a stupid director would be bad.

I don't think you've actually seen very many low budget bad movies if you think The Room is conventional in any way. It has weirdly high production values in certain respects (5 million budget not completely wasted), and is uniquely incoherent in others. it's like a daytime soap opera written by a toddler

I watched The Room for the first time tonight at a theater

So when's this coming out in streaming services? Its not coming to my country any time soon

Just got back, honestly loved it, found it rather inspiring desu. Solid performances all around, hilarious cameos

This movie could have been a 10/10 if Franco didn't direct it. Its still a solid movie like a 9/10 but Franco really needs to learn how to direct.

Also seriously everyone needs to read the book because its fucking hilarious. Like one of the most fun books i have ever read. Its a shame Greg starred in this movie cause he actually had some great potential.

The audiobook also was fucking great. Like Greg is the only person who actually can do a solid Tommy impersonation.

The scene for scene remakes were fucking perfect, and amazing.

I didnt like Franco's portrail of Tommy, I felt like he played him as a someone with brain damage. I mean its quite possible if Tommy had a brain injury, but his portrail felt off

I'm not worried about Franco, I'm worried about Rogen. Can't stand that fat faggot.

he has like 3 minutes of screen time, and its Rogen. Not amazing, but tolerable.

This. He's literally Adam Sandler. Has all these untalented clowns around him in films, they're usually not funny either. He tries doing the exact same character every movie too. Everyone loves him just like Sandler. Neither have ever been funny though.

Am i the only one who thinks Rogan can actually act pretty good?

Amazing bulk production movie when?????

Not until Tommy Wiseau gets more money from Netflix than he already does by self-promotion.

That movie doesn't have that room charm.

I want this movie to win a Oscar so badly

>no confirmed age
>nationality is an enigma
>really wealthy but no one knows where the money comes from

Is there a Wiseaupill I can take?

My expectations were so low that if Franco delivers a moderately good film I'll be really happy. His performance looks like it might actually be really good though, which might mean Oscars and I hope to god he takes Tommy with him if it happens.

The book is genuinely amazing. Way out of Franco's league. After seeing the trailers and reviews, I'm not opposed to him playing the role, but I wish they had brought in a bigger budget and someone like Spike Jonze to direct.

I loved watching The Room with a big crowd. It's a great bad movie. But it's only a Very Bad movie, not some sort of horrendous trainwreck...and you're absolutely right - what it's really about is simply witnessing Tommy Wisseau, an utterly bizarre and unique human being.

The book was actually better than the experience of watching The Room. It's a genuinely great book.

Yes, it's in Czech republic and is administered by an old rich woman

I would fucking let Franco get me pregnant

3 Times

The book contains an amazing chapter covering this.

The book is typical "hahaha look at this weirdo" for multiple chapters, and then they take a break and dip back into his past for a chapter and it's really sad and emotional but also bizarre and funny.

Apparently they didn't cover it in the film (and it makes sense because it would be expensive AND it's easy to cut narratively).

what did Sup Forums teach internet kid?

>Dear Diary,

Why is this fucker all bald?

I could see Spike Jonze directing this, actually.

Good thing it was about the book and not the movie, you retarded faggot.

>audiobook
$50 say you're american

What exactly is this movie about? A behind the scenes movie of the room? I hope it's a comedy.

I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NOT
HELLO MARK
Or the flower shop scene. Gets me every time.
HELLO DOGGY

Cancer

Wait, Warner Bros is involved?

I always pictured Jonez/Kaufman and Nicolas Cage as Tommy.

youtu.be/BMwOEkTmTyQ

The problem is you would need to get Nick Cage to give a shit.

They paid for it.

But they didn't want to release it, so they let A24 distribute it.

He's done a few things in the last ten years where he put a little effort in.

But honestly Franco looks like he might have been better anyway. He seemed to really like the role. Just wish they had given it to a better writer/director team. Or even just a real director.

He has cancer you idiot.

jesus christ that pic made my balls sink into my stomach. Imagine having a faggot child that makes shit like that, I'd go on a murderous rampage

Do you mean THAT picture or the original unedited picture?

he does have a brain injury. it is speculated he was in a very serious car crash

Not him but fuck off, there is nothing wrong with audiobooks

Agreed, reading is for faggots.

>MUH BURGERS
Can I read while driving to and from work? Can I read at my desk at work in front of my co-workers (without looking like a slacker)? Can I read while exercising? Can I read while running errands? Can I read while doing chores around my house?

>james franco
>dave franco
>seth rogen

You drive yourself like a peasant?

What was Tommy's cameo?

If Tommy had a producer credit and his wins best picture, does that mean Tommy Wideau will win the most coveted award? Considering this is a film about hollywood and filmmaking it actually has a really good chance of success.

>reddit spacing

He does a really good job directing

you realize most people are taught to type by using 2 spaces after a period in the 4th grade right? not on reddit. go back to Sup Forums you faggot.

>mentions Sup Forums when getting called out for obvious reddit spacing
reddit.com

I've never heard of this. Are Americans really this retarded?

I saw an advanced version of this movie, for the sole purpose of shitposting about it here before it's release but it was so freaking boring and unremarkable I actually forgot I had seen it until I saw this thread.

If you want to watch two stoners imitate the room i guess you'll like it, they cut out the best parts of the book and it's literally half side by side scene comparisons. Oh yeah Greg Sesstero did a QandA after that was boring too.

I'm european. This audiobook is way better than the book. Because it his read by the writer and he does the best impersonation ever of Tommy Wiseau. Because he was there, he is telling a story, not just reading the book.

>meme arrowing

It's true. Educate yourself Tyrone

>solid movie like a 9/10

off yourself kid

Am american, wasn't taught this.
I think it's some gay lawyer shit

bait or stupid

Not as stupid as the reddit spacing meme to be fair

>consuming media that requires attention while doing other shit

fucking americans

The first guy you quoted was spacing his paragraph you tremendous fucking retard.