Renew Your Vows storytime, in which we get a new artist, and our hero still doesn't get any

Renew Your Vows storytime, in which we get a new artist, and our hero still doesn't get any

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/StockmanNate/status/842401560084791296
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have to admit to wanting to see where Normie's crush on kid-Spider goes.

So she's madame web now too?

thanks op.
wonder if theyll bring up the fact that annie is a mutant or skirt the issue

Cute.

Really wish someone would go on an interdimensinal crusade and murder all Normie Osborns
Hate that creepy little fuck, but MC2 Normie was all right

Pretty cute series, even if I'm not sold on super hero MJ. Hope the series can last but the stigma of being an AU is too strong.

would be less cringy if they focused on spiderman being spiderman and the family coming in to save the day in emergency's. honestly it looks like hes too incompetent to do it on his own now; feels like the writer cant justify the family without making it a team book

I get what Conway's trying to do. That approach you suggest would work if this was a main continuity title and he had some leeway. Or if this had a companion title to focus on the family.

But it isn't and it doesn't and he has to tell a different story in as much time as he's given.

Thank you for the storytime OP!

Boomerang, Shocker, and Rhino I'll buy, but there's no fucking way Sandman didn't get kidnapped and drained for his powers in this universe.

except in the swII renew your vows there was still quite a bit on the family outside of mook of the week family super rumble. this reads like the incredibles comic book

We all do. I can see a teenage romance happening with a disapproving Peter.

"Anna he is an OSBORN!"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME DAD, WE ARE IN LOVE"

Shit will be glorious. Add in a teenage pregnancy just to rub it in. Norman Osborn's final victory will be an osborn grandkid for Pete.

based on the book so far, the writer will intend it to be a sweat/cute-thing but in reality will be creepy and deeply unnerving

>screaming internally

The natural progression from the 2015 version would be kinda what Superman comics are doing with Jon and sort of chronicling the development of his powers before he's ready to do anything.

I think they'd like to do that with Annie but there's no time. The big mistake to me is making MJ a hero. That kinda contradicts her character.

It's like they are overly pandering to the MJfags and missing the point on why we enjoyed a Parker/MJ relationship.

Didn't he die in the first story of renew your vows??

It's not very hard to bring Sandman back to life, given his physiology.

not to mention this world isnt the exact same one where god-doom reigns supreme. this is a patchwork world thats mostly 90's upbeat wishlists. very little of this worlds state has been revealed , the fact that the 90's xmen avoided being hunted and drained would be outright ridiculous if it was

more like annie forgot to wash her hands before experimenting after eating a bag of spicey Cheetos

>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows v2 #5 storytime, in which we get a fill-in artist, and our hero still doesn't get any
ftfy

twitter.com/StockmanNate/status/842401560084791296

shes a mutate you are only a mutant if you have the xgene

peter is a mutate; the definition was youre a mutant if youre born with a power and mutate if its granted to you post birth. of course the way marvel has been anti-mutant for ages now its possible they changed the definition

I'm not worried about this book in the slightest. It's doing better than Champions for Pete's sake. And it's certainly the only good comic with Peter in it.

I think all the alarmism is jjst reverse psychology, which; whatever. If it helps...

which also makes slotts bitchfit in that interview all the more telling. like he knows the tides turning against him

After The Clone Conspiracy I have no pity for anybody who still reads Slott's crap. Despite the fact that Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since One More Day.

if he was that intent on making his selfinsert spiderock the best ever, why is ock a villain again? easy answer hes buthurt that people arent gushing how great he is

Jesus h. Christ, I'm bored on the first fucking page. What is this Mormon shit

to be clear i was referring to gushing about slott himself. the man is truely the new bendis, good and sometimes great ideas but often bad execution or it just falls apart because it forces character to act outside the norm

Some people...

t. latchkey

Most of the villains just made deals with Regent. Flint probably made such one.

This isn't the exact same world as the secret wars renew your vows. The events still happened, but they happened without any death, similar to how the regent in 616 didn't kill anybody.

So that means all the villains and heroes are still alive.

its purposely vague, theyll reveal whose dead and who survived as the story necessitates

So I'm out of the loop, why does MJ have spider-powers now?
Doesn't that remove the tension of the people in Pete's personal life being vulnerable while he's got super-powers and fights villains on the reg?

Like, are they just the Fantastic 4 now, but 3?

Peter modified Regent's suit to allow MJ to be able to tap into his own powers.

Pete's relationships always fail because the girl never ends up being okay with him being Spider-Man.

With his whole family as superheroes, finally he can be with people who "get it".

Thanks for the storytime, OP.
It's a nice series to wake up to.

>Despite the fact that Superior Spider-Man was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since One More Day.

In terms of quality, it was just One More Day 2: The Never Ending Story.

Nothing about Superior was good, aside from Stegman's art in the first arc.

I like this series and the Spider-family is adorable (why thay not can be fuse with 616 versions? I envy DC).

But i cant take seriously Normie as main villain.

> the vault has a ramp

that's adorable

its stated that MJ suit need Peter's powers to work, so he is little depowered.

Knowing the past Osbornes, he probably had either crazy Harry's or Norman Sr.'s memories partially implanted into his big head. Maybe even their personalities though that would be incredibly creepy. Not that he isn't already.

Quesada leave

could be, the memory implant thing was a plot point in mc2. norman had intended either normie or peter to be his successor via memory implant. maybe normie only had some of the stuff take hold

they have. before quake was made inhuman she was just a mutate. mayday was too. you need an active x gene to be a mutant

Where's 90's Rogue and Gambit

>Thank you user.

At first it was fun and cute to see how little Normie felt about Spider-Girl, but now it seems scary to me

This is literally the comfyverse. Love it.