TRUMP RUINED STAND UP COMEDY

Why the FUCK is every comedian a line-towing safe faggot now?? They've all toned down the offensiveness of their act. I have not seen a single stand up special in the last YEAR that didn't have to shoe in some terrible Trump joke. Even older comedians like Bill Burr who FORMERLY would say a ton of shit about women and both left and right now just tow the line.

The COMEDY part of STAND UP COMEDY comes from the comedian subverting expectations. Well guess what? EVERYONE EXPECTS YOU TO MAKE A SHITTY TRUMP JOKE. IT'S NOT CONTROVERSIAL AT ALL.

It's not Stand Up Comedy anymore, it's Stand Up Preaching. Fuck this. Can't even listen to Burr's podcast anymore cause he has to watch what he says or some cunt will try to ruin his career, resulting in him just talking about changing his babies diaper.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/935147410472480769
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>thought control sjw commies be commies
>it's somehow trump's fault
kys

This literally didn't happen until he became President you dumb ass fuckhead niggerslave

Stand up had been getting worse every year anyway. Remember "shoes?"
Also, George Carlin was always Stand Up Preaching and was never funny.

>why are liberals being liberal faggots?
It’s a mystery, user.

Because if enough people on the internet talk shit about you, people will stop paying to see your shows. People stop paying to see your shows, your career is over. Playing it safe is the only choice in this brave new world.

It the new "socially aware" trend in standup.

Comedy was ruined before Trump was in the running. It's one of the many reasons he won.

comedy in general was ruined by the internet long before trump

Seinfelds new special was fun, it was all very old bits though. Chapells two specials ware funny too.

I would pin it on Joe Rogan desu. Joe Rogan turned comedy into a "mtv true life" episode where comedians acts were to blog about being a comedian, to call non comedians civilians. It stopped being about a good act and started being about the lifestyle.

comedy been shit for decades you millennial faggot. famous comedian wont even perform on or near a college campus because of sjw faggots.

Shut the fuck up you complete retard. This was a long time in the making. Political Correctness infiltrated comedy through the soyboy sellouts that eventually sucked enough hollywood cock to get their movie and incorporated safe faggot shit in their act to make it the standard norm. How you're not aware of this tells me you know nothing of what you're even talking about and you sound like a damn photoestrogen filled femfaggot too.

LAUGH AT MY DRUMPF JOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump jokes are the new fart jokes. He's funnier than the jokes themselves enough on his own. This capeshit quote actually applies to Trump jokes at this point.

>trump runied comedy
???
Where have you been? SJWs killed comedy years ago. You might have missed the fact that comedians won't even go to colleges anymore.

Imagine that, won't even go to COLLEGES because they know there isn't a crowd

Jimmy Carr's Funny Business was pretty good, plenty of off-kilter jokes in rapid pace. No meandering stories or "observational humour", just solid jokes. (Though he seemed to have repeated a joke or two and the focus was very sex-heavy)

why this didn't happen with bush? what makes the situation so different?

Trump is unironically the funniest man in the world right now. He has sent me into gut-busting laughter more than anyone in my entire life. The absolute balls on the guy to say and do the completely retarded shit he does it amazing.But it's not just funny on it's own, it's compounded by 2 things.

1) He is the "Leader of the Free World". He holds the highest office in the land. What OP talked about with "subversion of expectations" plays heavily here. If anyone else did what Trump does, it wouldn't be as funny, but because he is the fucking President of the United States, it sends millions of sides into orbit every time.

2) The absolute knowledge that whatever it is he does, there is going to be a massive, public, and embarrassing triggering amongst SJWs and anti-Trumpers, who are the most vocal babies on the planet.

Pic related, it's the first time I knew he was going to become President.

do you still go the theaters to watch variety shows? no.
so let the old ways to die

How good overall is his podcast? When I was younger I watched his standup specials didn't know he did podcasts.

The Christmas comments he made recently slayed me.

Standup comedy hasn't been good since the early 2000's. I've literally never laughed once at Louis CK or Bill Burr.
They've always wanted cheers more than laughs.

>Carlin was always stand up preaching
>always

>Someone has only seen his HBO specials where he dresses in all black.
Son, do yourself a favor and listen to Class Clown. Carlin was a fucking riot, and only really got preachy in his last 10 or 15 years

I don't know about stand-up, but Larry David started filming this season of Curb the day after the election and purposely made sure not to put any Trump jokes or references in any of the episodes.

>Bush
>Reagan
First Republican president, huh kiddo? This always happens.

I find it hilarious that people (even on here) were predicting a "golden age of comedy" because of Trump. Turns out 99% of comedians are too self-righteous and serious about politics to actually make good jokes about him so their pinnacle achievement is "drumpf".

Similar. I knew he would be President when he told his business guy to NOT PAY THE VENUE. While he was giving a speech to like 30,000 people. He straight up says "don't pay them for the building rent" because the microphone was popping or something. It was a moment of realization for me. I really believed he would be president.

You just can't win in this political climate. If you try to joke about Trump you come off as trite hack regurgitating the same points that every late night host has been hammering into the ground for months now. If you try to joke in his favor you come off as a angry "alt right" edgelord regurgitating Milo/PJW talking points. If you ignore politics you'll end up having to ignore most current affairs given how politicized everything is these days.

>Were still in year 1 of the Trump presidency
It already felt like all 8 years of the Bush Era.

Which ones? On Twitter or what

if you ignore politics then you become the enemy of the left like taylor swift.

>If you ignore politics you'll end up having to ignore most current affairs given how politicized everything is these days.
What's wrong with that? Jokes about current events are both divisive and instantly dated.

it did you stupid millennial

Nah bro, you literally just have to be funny and you're fine. The problem is being funny isn't easy. It takes a lot of work, years of practice, refining your craft. Millennials can't go a week working towards a goal without losing interest and going back to wasting time on the internet or fucking around on their smartphone.

Really? Is it good?

Based Jew.

>Implying that Trump outrage isn't on another planet compared to Bush(s) and Reagan

The rise of the internet hasn't helped either.

The first couple episodes were a bit shaky, but that's understandable since it's been 7 years since the last Curb season. Since then it's been great. 8.5/10 season.

>it’s Trump’s fault that I don’t get laid reeeeeee!
Wow virgin calm down

>listening to LA comics

Yeah no senpai that was SJWs. Hell, Trump getting any power at all was also their fault.

More like the only good they've ever done.

Both of dave chapelles stand ups on Netflix are really good, I’d say top 2 shows out of all comedians for the whole year. And I heard he’s gonna have a 3rd one in the future.

It's because it happened during the Bush years, but then again we had the good shit coming halfway in his presidency, so I'd give it till 2020 for some comedy kino to hopefully pop out from someone other than Trump.

There's both a swarm of comics that have a much easier path to tv/wide audiences than they used to and comics that approach their acts like a half assed confession booth. Being an edgy degenerate shock guy worked for a couple decades but now that most audiences will just say "lol me too" it gets boring rapidly, especially when the acts increasingly come off like therapy sessions where the comedian feels compelled to tell the world of their problems but somehow never admit there's anything wrong with what they're doing. Once you've run out of that material they either turn to the same "my asian parents are so crazy" cliche tripe, or if you try to push the envelope into the only taboo areas left at all your "fans" will immediately jump down your throat. It's not really surprising that the laughs would die when comedians and their usual audiences both hate fun and are disgusted with themselves and each other. The deadwood needs to burn off, standup would be well served if it largely died off for a decade or so and had some time to reconstitute itself.

Yup. My Dad got twitter solely for the purpose of having a laugh from Trump every morning.

No, George Carlin was the inventor of that shit.

lol, the salty trumptard tears

someday you will die and i wish i could be there to see it.

>elect joke president "for the lulz"
>get mad when comedians make fun of joke president

I thought this was what you wanted, Americans

>Projecting

What were they?

I kind of Wonder of the stress if Trump will cause these people health problems soon?

Everyone called busy Hitler and was criminal ect. Even the same people claimed they would move to Canada.

They aren't making fun of anything that's the problem.

>Trump is unironically the funniest man in the world right now

t. a 12 year old

t.soyboy

don't they perform mainly in big cities where Hillary won?

They just know their audience and how easy it is to just make Trump jokes. Look at Colbert and other late night hosts, they see dollars.

come on, he is retarded but he is a genius
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/935147410472480769
>your favorite President (me)

Lol this

I knew his complete brashness and lack of care was going to propel him.

>Comedians have ALWAYS made fun of the President.
>OP gets butt-blasted because they're making fun of Trump and Trump-bots have no sense of humor about that.

Don't pout.

Bush deserved it, and the left isn't anti-establishment anymore

fucking Patrice back then said women get all triggered cuz I love saying pussy.

Show 10 different famous comedians making the same type of jokes they do about Trump but to Obama

I'll wait

t. triggered SOYBOY

why would they make the same jokes about obama than trump? they're completely different things to make fun of.

Thank god for dave attell and his world class retard bit. Probably the funniest stand up I've ever heard.

>Why the FUCK is every comedian a line-towing safe faggot now??

Because they ALWAYS HAVE BEEN

It's been happening for a long time.

But they always make fun of the president? It is the same thing

it would be funnier if the country was not fucking dissolving.

Not when one president is a retard.

People love saying this kind of shit, but really, what are you talking about? The economy is doing well, joblessness rates are down. The ACTUAL fundamentals of everyone's everyday life are fine. It's only the super reactionary bullshit that's making things seem intense. I live in SF, and people are literally paralyzed by the prospect of a nuclear holocaust. Not stupid people—like "smart", ivy league folks.

Sensationalism is so divorced from reality it's insane.

the liberal world IS dissolving
Nothing has significantly changed but liberals have been living in a fantasy bubble of delusion for decades, anything that pops that bubble destroys all their carefully crafted fantasies of "progress"

>Why aren't comedians offensive anymore?
>I find Trump jokes offensive!

Honest question, how old are you?

go support your local standup comedy scene. maybe perform if you think you know what's funny.

Trump isn't doing shit and golfs every weekend. In a job where you are supposed to have a shit ton of things to do and problems to solve that's not a good sign. It's Bill all over again.
I wonder how sheltered someone must be so his only problem in life is "making the liberals mad" hopefully you're still underage.

there's no such thing as the liberal world, just like there' no such thing as the conservative world. It's all the same planet, motherfucker.

Trump's fault no one has material, that does not offend and fit the sjw/pc agenda, and they only approve bullying trump, so they kill that to death.

KYS fag it is the comedians fault. You think it is trumps fault women came out on Winestein causing this whole enviroment?

Are you drunk?

>trumps fault women came out on Winestein causing this whole enviroment

proabably wouldn't have happened with Hillary in the white house. Or at least not at the same scale.

Maybe comedians are running out of material

They were so mad that Trump got away with harassment that they started flogging every other harasser under the sun. We live in interesting times.

>Woman president, implying they would not go even harder on the which hunt, try to pass a amendment on sexual harassment cause She is our president, she is with us bs.

It would be worse fag, cause right know they are multi tasking with trump and the sex scandal with her as our commander they will go full force on this shit.

fuck liberals & fuck you

Liberals actively deny reality, of course there is a liberal world

Are people here really too underage to remember even the GWB era?

>fuck liberals & fuck you
There's no need to be upset.

Isn't it enough that he was a nigger as well?

Liberals think people in the past would support their modern marxist agenda
Parading of faggots & foreigners in the streets
While voting corrupt self-serving paid-for criminals to power

A lot if not most Kekistanis are teenagers or very young adults born in 1996-2004. Some of them don't even remember the early Obama years.

keep in mind Hilldawg was a friend of Harvey. And yes a lot of the reason why all these chicks and gays are speaking out is because of the character of the character in the oval office.

bro people can say the same thing about conservatives. I'm not a dualist. We share the same world but draw different conclusions.

>muh libruls

fucking americans, just because you have a two-party system doesn't (that's on the whole more conservative than even the farthest right countries in western europe) mean every issue only has two sides and that you cant agree with people on some issues that you also disagree with on other issues. This american "all or nothing" tendency is why your legislative branch has been deadlocked for who knows how long. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

What a shit haiku, 2/10

>We share the same world
We don't share it at all
How can you "share" with an enemy that seeks your demise?

>that's on the whole more conservative than even the farthest right countries in western europe
What utter nonsense
You'll understand when you realize the shitskins vote as a bloc for more shitskin immigration & oppression of whites.

I do wonder why lefty/pol/ goes to Sup Forums to complain about some sunreddit

It's like me going to neogaf to complain about a tumblr page
Care to explain?

>comedy has to be offensive to be funny

lol nigger nigger nigger XD so funny

I know I really dont have to tell (((you))) this because im sure (((you))) already know what (((you're))) doing in this (((thread))), but their is a certain (((group))) (((of))) (((people))) who control the (((comedy))) (((industry))) and (((they))) tend to make (((comedians))) stick to (((their))) (((talking))) (((points)))

>kekistanis are reddit
I wish

I mean, I'm pretty sure they're making fun of the president for being a corrupt idiot

>How can you "share" with an enemy that seeks your demise?
You need to get out there my man. Were you one of those larping autists who spammed "Today We Go To War" when GG broke loose?