How did they manage to make this even worse than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

How did they manage to make this even worse than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Two words: Scott Buck.

They made it bad on purpose since it's about a white male. They didn't want it to overshadow the black guy or the woman.

Daredevil was great, though.

As a hardcore Marvel fan, all I have to say about this show is that the showrunner did not even try and should be fired before he ruins anything else (I know it's too late for the Inhumans).

>Danny is not even a character, he just acts and reacts to things randomly. All over the place. He transcends from naive to nuanced to childish to stupid to hip to whateverthefuck advances the plot[??]

>Fighting scenes are not only badly choreographed, but they are also out of place, most of them unnecessary and stupid.

>The plot is not really a plot. It is a convoluted mess where nobody really has an endgame, except for a couple of characters, who then again change their motives and goals midway. I won't even go into motivations because there is very little sense in the whole writing.

>Acting. Jones is terrible, although we have to accept it might not be his fault. Nobody else is even decent with the exceptions of Harold and Ward. Bakuto and Davos are not even acting, just reciting lines.

Overall the series is a mess, it is painfully obvious that it was written in 2 days.

I really hope they learn from their mistakes.

I wasn't even thinking about it at the time, but no wonder I like Harold and Ward so much more than everyone else. They were the only two genuine actors in the show.

They tried to make a "grounded" show about a magic dragon slaying kung fu master
It didn't turn out that well for MoS, what makes you think it's gonna be good this round?

It required more effort/money to make good, as contrary to those shows people had high expectations for fight scenes and non-NY sets. They didn't put more money/effort in.
It also lacked any social commentary, which can help make a middling show somewhat worthwhile. And it's not like the IF premise can't be used for that, they were too lazy or stupid to do it.

Also

He was handicap.

The first third of the show should have been about Danny's time in K'un-Lun instead.

Iron Fist series finale
>Danny Rand's Iron Fist is shown on screen
>This has been teased the entire final season
>Danny has reached his full potential
>Is he fighting a villain? Is he fighting a Shou-Lao? Whatever it is it will be a satisfying ending to the series.
>He punches something
>He is punching a tree
>Tree falls on the ground and Danny kicks the tree so it divides into individual logs
>Screen zooms out to show a building reads Kun Lun Lumber
>Fade to black

I guess Crane Mother was okay too, but it would have been a better show if she was the main adversary the whole time.

Why didn't they get a kungfu guy to direct this shit? evrytiem my man

Yup.

also the start of the defenders set up

Not even necessary senpai. Just look at the great fights in Daredevil.

Scott Buck is just a mother fucker.

The DD fights are subpar compared to kung fu movies and too far on the brawler side to fit IF.

Nice conspiracy theory polturd.

Because they were dumb enough to think they could just talk about Kun Lun, and all the other mystical stuff, and that would somehow justify the rehashed Hand nonsense. I mean really, what the fuck is The Hand at this point anymore? Why is Scott Buck such a moron to retcon Madame Gao as a Hand member? These factions are just needless and stupid now

Not to defend Scott Buck, but Gao being a part of the Hand feels like a higher ups order. They've got to do everything they can to make the Hand the Big Bad for the Defenders, and that includes making all Iron Fist villains part of the Hand.

It wasn't as bad as JJ. The 'nice' parts of JJ were some of the side characters and the only thing that made it worth watching was the Purple Man. Tennet does a really good job of layering psychotic child with love sick obsessed man with a splash of inexperienced guys.

IF had a LOT of cool stuff going for it. The entire Rand company cast was pretty awesome. Ward became MVP for me. Danny was just meh and I really started to hate him and how stupid he was acting, but I never hated him on the level that I hated JJ and her screaming "SUPER MAX". At least Danny could come up with some decent plans that worked instead of JJ's bullshit drunken spasms that ended up fucking everyone else up and only worked if an outside factor played its part.

>Crane Mother
I keep thinking this is supposed to be her as well, but goddamn, I wish they'd just come out and say it.

Even considering that Gao didn't have to be involved, as entertaining as she is.

>worse than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage
I'd say they're all about the same. JJ and LC both had good high points, but that was less than a third of their run time, then they went into retard mode. IF just kinda skirted the line the entire time.

Exactly. While JJ and LC were, on the whole, not great shows, at least I can point to moments of them and say, "That was a good part." Iron Fist has no good parts. At the absolute best it has good parts for characters who aren't Iron Fist.

JJ and LC were just as bad but the thing is they had some good stuff here and there, and Daredevil bought some goodwill for them too. This was 100% trash and they run out of goodwill.

This was lot worse than Daredevil but far better than JJ and LC.

Battles weren't as good as they should for an Iron Fist adaptation, but at least didn't have JJ and LC horrible pacing issues.

Also, finally a superhero show that feels like a superhero show and not a cring festival.

>at least didn't have JJ and LC horrible pacing issues.
Because it just threw pacing out the window.

>finally a superhero show that feels like a superhero show and not a cring festival.
Every single scene with Danny was cringe.

Holy shit kill yourself.

This was 13 hours of cringe though

when did the definition of cringe change to something I don't enjoy?

Same dude. Like seriously. Get up, go get your gun, or a rope, or maybe just sit in the garage with the car on. I know you've thought about it before. Just do it, no one will miss you. Your life is never gonna improve. People like you need to just not exist

Never happened, as far as I know.

Then stop using it that way.

That's really mean dude. I'm gonna cry.

They didn't. It was better than JJ and the 2nd half of Luke Cage.

This was the reverse problem of JJ and LC

Took too much time in the beginning and didn't pick up until the RZA episode

I mean shit, it took two full episodes before Danny used the Iron Fist, if this had been on regular TV nobody would have come back to watch the second episode

>if this had been on regular TV nobody would have come back to watch the second episode

I think is the other way around, people is lot more patient when things are broadcasted in normal TV, because...well, its a series you don't expect to everything to happen soon.

But with this kind of format sitting through two episodes in a row, now that can scare people

>it took two full episodes before Danny used the Iron Fist
That could have been fine, especially for viewers who aren't familiar with the source material. The idea is that Danny just sounds crazy, then you get the reveal that the mystic bullshit is actually real, and now it's time to strap in for a wild ride.

The problem is that, instead of the Iron Fist reveal being a launching point for awesome, kung fu/mystical action, we went right back to people talking in rooms for 90% of the show.

To be honest I really liked the first couple of episodes.
But the plot never relly goes anywhere and the pacing is too slow.
Hell even all that shallow exposition about Kun'Lun and everything mystical was FAR more interesting than what we actually got to see.
I'm relly getting tired of how bland these Netflix shows turn out to be.

should have been 8 episodes instead of 12
this would solve a lot of problems

Shouldn't have been made in the first place, that would have solved all of it's problems.

This has been said for every marvel netflix show so far. The problem is the snyder effect. They got someone to be in charge of the show that felt embarrassed by the source material. That, alongside the entire fight choreography itself, which is a massive issue for a show about a supposed martial artist.

I feel like I only managed to get through the first couple episodes because I was hungover and didn't have anything better to do. As annoying assholes as the meachums start out, they easily ended up being the only compelling part of the show. (And personally the best thing Danny had going for him was his Clark&Lionel relationship with Harold) The Episodes following Harold's death fleshing out Bakuto, The "good" hand, and Davos are the worst part of the show. They completely throw off the pacing and aside from the meachums' confrontation with bakuto it's pretty much downhill from Harold's death. I get that Harold was crazy and that the writers felt they needed him to betray Danny to tie up all the loose threads before the end of the season, but that didn't make it any less clumsy/rushed.

this shows feels like some salvaged moon knight shit. corporate shenanigans, unstable main character going off the deepend, who can you trust (not even yourself). this show shouldve been mysticism and wirefu.

They didn't