I'm Back

>I'm Back

What did DC Comics mean by this?

Marvel may as well kill itself

This. Marvel is finished.

>What did DC Comics mean by this?
They've experienced a rebirth.

you forgot someone from this week too.

Oh no! We're not pandering to 30something neckbearded fedora wearing basement dwelling permavirgins, instead we only have billion dollar movies that are loved by everyone. Oh whatever shall we do?

That it's time for a new round of reboots.

Wally was the first.
The faster.

Damn... I wish they got stuck to some kind of variation of the Omega Men costume. It was way prettier.

Me too user. Me too.

ayyyyyyyyyyy

He made it back to the past.

Writing creative stories is hard

>we

You do realize the Dr. Strange, both Thor Movies, the first two Caps, the first two Manlet Man movies, and both Hulk movies (yes, including the one that "doesn't count"), GotG and Antman, that each and every one of those movies did NOT make one billion dollars?

That Guardians is the only movie on that list that made more in total world wide gross than Suicide Squad (which didn't get permission to be distributed in the second largest market because communism)?

Not that I'm a fan of the DCEU, but WB makes more money world wide from The Flash, Gotham, Lucifer, iZombie, Supergirl, et. al, etc. than Disney makes world wide from Agent Carter, AoS, and all the Netflix series? And that Warner Brothers, in one year, makes more profit from their TV division, for the DC/Vertigo IP properties than Marvel made from Civil War, AoU, IM3 or Avengers?

AWWWWW SHEEEEEIIIIIITTTTTTTT

This. See:

Not that user but if both make a profit then neither will die any time soon.

The comics division doesn't get credit for the film division's success anymore. Not since Feige broke off with Perlmutter around filming of Civil War.

Can someone please storytime the issue the kyle pic came out in. Or tell me what happened because I'm PSYCHED!. PLEASE

DC Superhero Girls literally sold more than all but two Marvel trades last year.

They're done.

DUBS

>Wallyfags have arrived

the retarded ass argument is always ''Marvel making more money means that DC is not making shit!!!''

>DC gives Kyle his original costume back
>Still won't give trunks back to Supes
Stop hurting me DC

Big Blue and by that I mean Manhattan is wearing them right now. All of it, everything that's happened since new 52 was just him looking for pants to keep his crotch warm.

hardcore nostalgia pandering

Face it, the Trunks needed to go. Get over it. This was the next best thing.

Call me when Marvel ever wins an oscar

Wait what happened to Superman?

I actually want this to happen now. I'm just imagining the moment of the big reveal, Manhattan just shows up wearing Superman's red trunks and nothing else. He points to them and says "These are mine now."

Ok time to start reading comics again

New 52 Superman and Pre New 52 Superman along with New 52 Lois and Pre New 52 Lois have been merged and properly incorporated into the timeline. So now no one will ever bring up New 52 Superman being dead and Pre new 52 superman being some guy they just met months ago.

Pic unrelated?

It was nice that they bothered to remember new 52 Eobard and just brought back old Reverse Flash just by making him remember flashpoint.

Next time baby

>>"IT WAS ME BRUCE"

Does Superman remember being 'split' in two? Why was he 'split' in the first place?

Are Superman comics wacky and fun again?

not really certain yet

not really certain yet, but hinted to be Manhattan I guess

only New Super-Man is and sometimes Superman

>Marvel muppet show will never win anything

Keep relying on talking raccoons user, it's not like DC needs any more help winning the race.

>yfw Thawne triggers an emotional breakdown by forcing Bruce to recognize with the fact that his father, the man who he has idolized, resorted to killing

He could also bring up that mama Wayne was a child killer,murdered Gordon and crippled Selina

Things are looking good...got a way to go but its getting there...

>instead we only have billion dollar movies

Sorry Sup Forums but we were having a conversation about comic books.

Or that she became the Joker forcing Bruce to go full wincest/gay/Oedipus

But that would actually be Barry's fault

>What did DC Comics mean by this?
They're back.

user shouldn't you be on Reddit or something?

>Thread about comics
>People bring up movies

Why the fuck can't some of the retards on this board separate the two?

>90949355
>Oh no! We're not pandering to paying customers. Oh whatever shall we do?
Lazy bait deserves no (you)

Not his fault, his mind was fucked with to make him irrational. It's Mirror Master's fault.

So is Superman Fucking WW and Lois Fucking John (not her son) retconned? Is it like a reverse OMD where reality is rewritten to make Lois and Clark always married?

It means the DC universe is starting to remember. The New 52, the pre-flashpoint universe, it's all beautiful bizarre canon again.

All we really know is Superdad and Superbro merged into one person, and Oz said that their timelines have also melded together. Presumably the next issue (or two) will be about sorting the details of what is and isn't canon and who remembers what.

More than likely yes or if either still happened it was pushed back a couple of years pre-marriage.

>we

It means they still have no idea what the fuck they are doing and we are still dealing with the dumpster fire New 52 universe until Superman gets his trunks back.

I love that Lois is back, don't get me wrong, but this honestly is just making continuity more of a goddamn mess.

Like, everything happened? How does that actually work?

It looks like from solicits that Action Comics arc in April is gonna lay out his new history.

>“Superman Reborn Aftermath” part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history—the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet—to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

>It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

They're gonna go through and keep whatever they thought is cool from New 52 and whatever they thought was cool from pre-New 52 and reconcile them.

>All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!
Is it finally TIME?

I wrote the post with the figures. I like Marvel's movies - if I knew the comics better, I might be disappointed, the way I sometimes feel at the DCW and DCEU.

So I'm fine with both making money. Marvel comics aren't going away soon because it provides IP value to Disney. One of the reasons they bought Pixar was just for the movies, but for the toys, and more importantly, for the characters and rides at the parks (which will always be important for reasons other than the bottom line at Disney headquarters).

We've seen and will continue to see Marvel characters pop up at Disney movies and more exploitation of things here at this board we might not see as "Marble" IP (such as Big Hero 6), which was a home run as a movie, toy, and character and if they can figure it out, would even make a great amusement ride or VR experience.

>Feige broke off with

One of the reason why he did so.

Lois never left - the New 52 Lois is the one that died. The one who was married was around all along.

There's a NICE 500 post story-time of the current issue HERE:

And all of your questions are answered. Some nice user even posted links to the ENTIRE 4 parter (this story time and the 3 earlier this month) that you can download and read.

Even the new 52 Lois never really died. Her body got disintegrated but she has been in Superwoman the whole time bullying Lana.

But they already retconned Azz's Wonder Woman.

What else did New 52 actually do better than Post Crisis?

Can someone put the three pages in one image to summarize this DC week?

gave us All-Star Western

but we had Jonah Hex for 70+ issues before ASW and Jonah Hex was the superior book

Absolutely nothing. It destroyed everything.

Everything good New 52 did could have been done in the previous continuity, including this

So do capeshit fans actually feel emotional catharsis when the writers pull some arbitrary nonsense out of their ass (e.g. "the two Clarks just needed to ~merge together!~" if what I'm hearing is accurate) solely to clean up the continuity mess they, or previous writers, got themselves into? Like is that a satisfying thing to experience that makes the reader feel like it's been a meaningful story? Or do you just sort of shrug and think 'thank god it's over now'?

To be fair, some things deserved to be destroyed but they shouldn't have thrown out the good history too.

Rebirth will allow them to refine things and take only the good parts of post-FP and ignore shit like Identity Crisis, Countdown, and Villains for Hire.

Found the shill.

I don't really like reading continuity cleanups since they are fairly predictable, but they are usually for the best. Like now we can move on with normal stories of a Superman who has a family instead of all the heroes mourning a lost friend and having to deal with a stranger who looks like him on all their teams.

I don't see how anyone can see this as cleaning up the continuity instead of stoking the dumpster fire of the New 52 with giant logs and hoping no one realizes it is only gonna make the fire worse.

>So do capeshit fans actually feel emotional catharsis when the writers pull some arbitrary nonsense out of their ass (e.g. "the two Clarks just needed to ~merge together!~" if what I'm hearing is accurate) solely to clean up the continuity mess they, or previous writers, got themselves into?
yes

>Like is that a satisfying thing to experience that makes the reader feel like it's been a meaningful story?
yes

>Or do you just sort of shrug and think 'thank god it's over now'?
yes

i personally am in the camp that doesn't get why they just didn't just ignore all the awful shit and say it didn't happen
i.e. lobdell's titans in general, supes' personality and him not being with lois

it's literally just easier retconning than coming up with some bullshit excuse or multiverse shenanigans or magic shit

This looks bad. Very bad.

There's no way to to trunks unless it's full classic.

Straight belt and short boxers,

Will she be back again?

Not as long as No-Longer-a-Killer Frost is stealing her redemption arc.

IT WAS ME BRUCE! I WAS JOE CHILL!

>Are Superman comics wacky and fun again?
Superman has some nice mother, father and son moments, New Super-man is great, Actions is eh because it's been too busy setting up this merge and Superman butting heads with Lex.

I think the reason why they couldn't just get Lois and Clark together like some of the other pairings (Ollie/Dinah, Barry/Iris) is because they wanted to give them a child. It would feel like it was too fast if they just get together AND have to go into parent mode right away. Doing it with shenanigans means they can just have it happen without it feeling rushed from the perspective of the characters.

>tfw Lana was terrified last issue of Superwoman of the universe being rewritten and her memories being changed just because everything has to revolve around Clark and Lois.

I know she's fine in the end and probably happier with the Clark she remembers not being dead anymore but it's kinda scary knowing that the you from 5 minutes in the future won't be the same you as now.

such is life in the DCU

>Identity Crisis
Even though they're not really in any current comic. It warms my heart that Sue and Ralph are alive and happy in the new 52 somewhere.

It also doesn't keep the kid in baby and toddler mode for 3 decades (that's if it's even allowed to exist for that long). This way we have a 10 year old son instead of a baby.

What killed him?

What killed who?

While probably not irrelevant, I think they could have easily brought back Chris or Cir-El and avoided it but you'd still have the new parent thing in that situation.

Superman? I assumed he was dead, guess it was some other shenanigans.

New 52 Superman did die. He absorbed so many different kinds of energies over the course of various arcs and books that it just killed his cells and he exploded into dust. Lana and New 52 Lois got hit by it and gained Superpowers.

B A S E D

Morrison's Man of Steel run couldn't have been done

I hear you, but this new costume is legit amazing. If we can't have trunks this is literally the best option.

It really could have, just would have been awkward to retcon Johns' origin so quickly without a reboot as an excuse.

thats is so fucking lame, just give me superbro back. fuck post crisis supes.

>her memories being changed
But her memories were already changed, this would change them back.

>But her memories were already changed, this would change them back.
She doesn't know that because her memories were already changed! How can we trust anything we remember?

do they have any memory of their time in the JLA together?