Hulk #4 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDm_ZHyYTrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I complimented this cover yesterday when I thought it was fully shulk. That version was much better. This ruined it.

I don't really like this series. Jen doesn't act like Jen.

I liked this issue well enough, but I wish I had gone with trade-waiting, because this definitely reads like it's written for the trade.

why did they make hulk a girls book? this art is super fucking feminine.

I get that Jen is Hulk but Hulks audience is not Squirrel Girl's.

I mean for fucks sake Jen's supposed to be 4th wall breaking cheese in a shulk title. This art wouldn't fly even for that.

>female cab driver
Unicorns are more common

Eh? What was different before?

tiny puppers

I'll see if I can find it. It didn't have the MJ half when I saw it, the variant did.

This is such a fucking boring story. I have been a fan of the Hulk since I was a kid. I loved his stories. he fought against giant monsters, impossible odds, rampaging villains, alternate universes, and of course himself.

This writer took the last part and focused exclusively on the herself part. This book has so much SJW undertones. It's disgusting! I didn't even mind at first. I just can't stand this art and writing.

The plot is so slow. We are four issues deep and we've only seen Jen trash her devices and office. It has a "twist" that is so boring and predictable that you can see it coming from issue 1. There is no reason to read this.

Sure it has the name Hulk on it, but it has none of the spirit of the Hulk

>MJ half
Are you dense? That's Jen

Thanks for reading.

Maybe she'll actually transform next issue

Thanks OP.

I genuinely like this series a whole lot more than I thought I would, but you can also tell by the pacing that Tamaki mostly wrote graphic novels before.

Almost as if those were the covers for June.

I like this form despite being in a mediocre story. I hope it sticks around for a while.

I like this series but it's kind of annoying how She-Hulk's been on like every cover but not in any of the issues.

> sports bra

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, how many issues until this is cancelled?

Cancelled one issue before she hulks out

At least seven. I think it will end up getting ten because compared to some other Marvel Nower titles in that range it's not doing that badly.

is NOT amused !

4 issues without She-Hulk
Bravo Marvel

>Owner sells building
>Blame lawyer you hired
Yeah I'm about done with whatever her thing is, just slap her to the floor.

>Black eyes

So mind control plot?

When Jen have some problem
She smash something
She does not stay in the room crying like a baby

>Keep teasing smash
>Don't give smash
What kind of sick timeline am I in now?

are we legit going into issue 5 and still no Hulk this is ridiculous. why don't they just call this Jen Walters.

Welcome to the new Disney/Marvel

It'll get 12 issues at the least, maybe even 18. Wether Jen's "Penance treatment" will be undone by the end of it is the real question.

I just want to read comics with action and with She-Hulk being that bad ass
Is it too much to ask?

Marvel
>Do you know what readers like. She-Hulk
>So lets give them a She-hulk book
>And even better lets make her never Hulk out

>so just Jen Walters going about her life?

>YES PERFECT.

4 issues in.

No Hulk at all.

Bravo!

Yes,apparently it is

what have you done to deserve She-Hulk?

my comicstore owner posted on instagram yesterday that there was no shulk in this issue as well so im not surprised but still disapointed

There's a reason She-Hulk is always in her hulk form. It's because regular mousey Jen Walters is fucking boring.

I liked this series so far, but the slow pacing's killing it.
I also never cared much for Jen, but I can see how it'd be frustrating for fans.

I punched a girl directly in the face, breaking her jaw, and leaving her in a coma for a month. However there was no evidence against me and I am not remorseful so no legal action will come to me and I will do it again.

Clearly someone must smash me.

>Everyone bitching in this thread about no Hulk outs
>Probably the same people who bitch about Godzilla movies taking too long to get to the monster fights

You guys aren't patient at all.

As a lawyer that works with lower income, elderly, and abused clients, I can tell you that this comic is kind of spot on. There is such a feeling of powerlessness mixed in with the knowledge that you /could/ use your professional credentials (see: transformation powers) to force any issue in your favor. However, one works within the law and understands that not everyone can be properly saved given the circumstances.

This run properly parallels Jen's inner trauma, super hero status, and legal responsibility to the point where I have to say

"Good stuff. I want more."

I'm definitely buying the trades.

This. Marvel is finished.

Yeah guys, how dare you want Hulk action in your Hulk book! Don't you know how much better it is when your superhero books don't have any of that stupid 'comic book'y nonsense in it?

God. Grow up and get with the times.

This pacing would be totally acceptable if this book were a manga which came out weekly rather than a capecomic coming out monthly.

foreigners get off my board

build the wall

>waah not muh

To be fair, it doesn't take Godzilla five months to get to the fight with Mothra. It also doesn't take five months to actually see Godzilla. I've been defending the pacing for a while, but even I'm starting to get antsy.

They probably didn't like Vision all that much either. Hardly any fights!

It's pretty pathetic that the two biggest problems these retards have with this book are
>waaaah, I can't fap to this
>waaaah, why aren't they punching eachother

>Jen is 4th wall breaking
Deadpool stole that shtick from her.

Jen has just been lawyer hulk for a long time and they wanted to do something different since she almost died.

>4 issues deep

>still no smashing

Who thought this was a good idea?

Yeah, what dicks, picking up a Hulk book expecting punching. Obviously you pick up a Hulk book for its courtroom scenes and slow deliberate pacing. It's not like the covers have all had a monster on them ready to attack.

Yeah, this is all I always wanted to see in a Hulk book.

Action and punches? No, what the fuck? Why would you like these things when you can have FOUR MONTHS of boring-ass powerless frustrated lawyers?

Fucking shills.

Oh fuck right off, it shouldn't take almost a year for something to actually happen. This could've easily been in the background while Jen actually deals with her breakouts and takes it out on villains, and it could've been far more interesting as a subtle part of the comic. But no, instead we're 4 issues in and absolutely nothing of value was made. It's almost as bad as the new Ghost Rider book. I don't give as damn about "realism" in a fucking comic book, especially if it means making the entire thing a boring slog.

>not liking girls in sports bras
Get a load of this pleb

Way to strawman people that criticize a legitimately boring comic. You sure showed them!

>Hand making bagels on the tight life schedule of a paralegal at a firm as big as that

I think his joke about being a super gay before wasn't a joke, he might have speed powers. Is he a SHIELD plant here to monitor Jen for her own good?

>I don't believe in the word crazy.

Crazy is fine with this.

Disarm. Disarm!

This is the most boring book being published right now.

The imbeciles that think that "boring is superior art" will be delighted, but they are imbeciles.

You do realize you're comparing King's The Vision, which actually had vision for every page and panel, to this sort of stiff and formulaic drama and mystery.
>[I wonder if they realize they're comparing this to King's The Vision?]

It's easy enough to see what it's trying to do, show the difficult and gradual process of progress in legal matters and the lives of little people and there's obviously a murder mystery being very subtly and skillfully cooked up, but it's not actually doing it very well.
>[You know when you can tell something isn't being done well. You just get a feeling...]

Jen's narration for example ranges between blunt or irrelevant. Jen gives more useful information when speaking to someone than thinking. At which point I can only question why we need any insight in her thoughts on things that are glaringly obvious.
It's like someone thought
>[No, no. These pages with no dialogue simply won't do.]
>[If people are not talking there should be a textbox per page minimum, if not one per panel.
>[What will they be about? It does not matter.]

It's not just the pace, it's not just the presence of what's unnecessary, it's not just the absence of what is. It's all of it. Trade or single, I could not hand whatever this is shaping up to be to anyone and act surprised when they hand it back shaking their head.

It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not going to become magically good with any amount of deflecting to the argument that readers who aren't patient or don't tolerate plodding don't deserve the delivered goods and only want more punching and something to fap to.

The duality between any Hulk's more reserved and reasoned side and their other half can always be very interesting, but that doesn't mean it's always so by default regardless of how it's done.

Sometimes weak is just weak.

There's literally nothing SJW about this book other than it has a female lead.

I'll give you the slow pacing though, we could've gotten to the point we're at now in one issue.

At least things happened in Vision

youtube.com/watch?v=cDm_ZHyYTrg

I'm really enjoying this, a slow burn story about trauma, I dig it. I think a lot of the decisions are deliberate and interesting. It's a comic that tries to do something, like the latest Vision run.

Unfortunately it seems lots of people don't get it, don't appreciate what it's trying to do or just don't seem interested. So it'll be another attempt to make a "good" comic that may well be swept aside.

Maybe a decade or two from now someone will say "hey, look! another gem in Marvel's sea of shit of the 2010's!"

She's going to accidentally smash Maise in the fight isn't she?

>If you don't like it you don't get it

Jen doesn't act like She-Hulk, because she's not. Shulk has all the confidence she lacks. This is very much in character for Jen Walters.

Lol is he being stalked by a death note?

>tries
That's the key word here. It merely tries. It does not do.

>We should also make the book really dour. People are tired of silly She-Hulk adventures.

>YOU ARE ON A ROLL

I'm a guy and I don't mind it. It reminds me more of Superior Foes than SG.

t. Only read Jeph Loeb's run

This is so slow it feels like it was a failed pitch for a Netflix show.

If you think this is in any way comparable to no-stakes Squirrel Girl, you need to re-take elementary school reading comprehension class.

>this
>stakes
There are zero stakes in this plot for Jen. Or at least there weren't until a direct threat to her life appeared on the last page of the fourth fucking issue

Looking awful Man-Thing there in panel 3, Maise.

Maise-Thing?

Why does anyone still live in New York

>I'm unable to recognize distress and similar emotion in other people.
Textbook sign of autism. Might want to see a psychiatrist about that.

Since the very first issue she's been struggling not to Hulk out, because she's got PTSD and her transformation is different now and that terrifies her. Having a batshit client is just another layer of stress she has to deal with on topof her own trauma.

Spooky