Would you buy a Samurai Jack videogame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajS94fJc2pg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if it was made by platinum
going full CHURAAAYZAAAY would be fun

It would have to be good

The GBA one was aight.

Does he actually USE the amulet of time to get back to the past?

Anyone remember those CN.com flash games?

I don't want Platinum. they'd just send out their B team and half ass it.

>[Press F repeatedly to not kill yourself]

Nah, Aku shot it with his laser eyes and it teleported Jack away to safety before dissapearing.

but when they get it right they fucking get it right
>MGR
>Transformers
>bayonetta
>nier automata

they'd try if they gave a fuck about Samurai Jack or if they got a dump truck of money.

[as] doesn't have a dump truck of money.

Does Japan like Samurai Jack?

>Does Japan like Samurai Jack?
They hate western garbage that isn't Tom and Jerry.

Only if it was a Megaman Zero-esc platformer (With a two-player mode)

>Samurai Jack
>garbage
fuck off

This now a Sup Forums game thread.

Anyone else enjoy pic related?

I remember that one platformer action Samurai Jack game that was hard as shit but I kept playing until I finally managed to beat Aku
Felt really proud of myself as a kid

It's true though, you retarded gaijin.

no anime shit is even close to samurai jack

>gaijin
back to Sup Forums you fucking weeb

Furi reminded me a lot of Samurai Jack, I don't know about any of you guys.

Just make it a Muso clone.

with the Scotsman being a playable character

Yeah Platinum are very hit and miss but their hits are usually big.

I only worry they're due for a miss

Yes, but it would have to be set in the 50 year gap so we can have room for ideas.

More importantly after what I saw from the first episode of Season 5 I have very picky expectations for gameplay.
For one there absolutely must be some vehicular combat, not to the extent and poor execution of Arkham Knight but just something. I saw those sick ass side turrets, spike wheels, missile launcher/Gatling gun combo and a grenade belt and I just cannot do without some mayhem caused from using those at least once or twice.

Also there should definitely be an ability to collect or steal enemy weapons so Jack can use a Katana or sword of some sort. I get why they're holding back in the show to properly build the thirst for his return to form but it would bother me to play a Samurai Jack game only to never see his classic fight style except in flashbacks or until the final boss.

It's one of the best videogames of all time. So yes.

I wouldn't mind if a Samurai Jack game was made by From Software.

I never realized how much i could want something until right now

hnnnng yes

but usually they let you use a bunch of different weapons and upgrade them, how would that work with Jacks katana?

go watch the show

What I want to know is what would be the currency in that game, since that will basically be your souls or blood echoes?

Like, literally currency? Because in The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful Jack just slaps down a bag of jewels and coins.

If you mean some sort of resource thing probably Qi.

Resource yes, it would be used to level up, raise up stats, buy items, weapons, materials, armor, key items, etc. And much like Dark Souls or Bloodborne you get the resources by killing enemies, bosses, other players, or find them as items.

Well, it IS a video game, it's a given you're allowed to take artistic liberties when it comes to the lore.

hell yeah I got flashbacks of those games when I rewatched the rave episode

everything you listed had serious overhead from the publishers. Nick just toss their IPs at them and sad "we need this done by this day."

time.

Pic related I already have.

how would it play though,would it be openworld or more linear?will there be "jump good"?

>platinum
Just fucking stop it guys.

Their miss was TMNT. Transformers excelled among the Activision games they made. Korra had fuck nothing for budget and managed to have good core gameplay.

"Give it to Platinum" memes aside, Jack is probably one of the few licenses that would actually fit them instead of just giving them whatever. A lot of the design choices Genndy uses would probably mesh fine, even though Platinum generally does bombastic while Jack generally uses space to tell a story. The stark contrast between the two in the game would probably be even stronger.

All they'd need to do is make sure Jack plays like you'd want him to. Personally, I'd take Jetstream Sam from the Revengeance DLC, take out the hold-button followups and the Taunt button, but then give him a few more defensive options, the ability to stealth, and in general add more sub-weapons.

If they wanted to go crazy instead, either use S5 Jack, or make The Scotsman as separate character, complete with a Taunt button that spews insults for as long as you hold it.

But it wouldn't fit at all, you dense soulsfag. SJ's action is fast as fuck, with guys jumping all over the place and constantly interacting with the surroundings. Souls games aren't like that at all.

Like Ninja Gaiden

Only if made by Platinum.

after nier automata i have a lot of faith on their variety, so i would trust them with jack, but the budget is what could kill the project,and CN are just as much jews as nick in regards to anything not animation and even sometimes their animation itself god this reminded me, i would have gotten a shitty xbone just for scalebound, i need my panzer dragoon fix

Samurai Jack game with the MGR cutting engine HNNNNNNNG

team ninja should make samurai jack video game

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=ajS94fJc2pg

Nah fuck Platinum, they're overrated garbage now.

Souls wouldn't work, but Bloodborne-styled combat definitely would.

Bloodborne's combat is fast as fuck most of the time, and relies on dodging, positioning and the like - no shields. So it fits with Jack having nothing but a single katana most of the time.

I'd love to see a 2D platformer for him.

Maybe in the style of Megaman, with different bosses unlocking different training or abilities. Jump Good getting you to lots of secret locations, Scotsman's pipes making certain enemies run shrieking, etc.

>So it fits with Jack having nothing but a single katana most of the time.
I get this, but
>no shields
Bruh. Pic related.
If I can't dual shield that shit's going in the trash.

When I first saw it, I felt that Furi was the Samurai Jack game we never got. It's too bad we won't get something in a similar style.

>Make three licensed games with shoestring budgets
>Even though one is good, another is just passable and the other one is bad
>Despite multiple fantastic games, this means they're garbage now

>Jolly cooperation.gif

That guy is probably dead after 50 years.

If you really think about it living indefinitely in a world ruled by the devil is probably worse than dying before it's liberated.
The King had his friends and family at his bed side when he was old.
Jack has jack.

Is Jack the only character that can make duel shields work?

>ywn be able to play this

Now I want to kill myself.