Iron Fist is a huge hit on Netflix

>inverse.com/article/29370-iron-fist-popular-on-netflix

SJWs btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't even seen it yet and this fills me with joy. Waiting for the weekend.

Ok.

This just shows that MCUfaggots will watch anything

>Marvel live-action thing is a hit
Wow I never saw that coming.

>My actual rating for it? Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars
This sounds about right. I'd give it a 4 at it's high point, 3 at the low point and about 3.5 average.
It's not a bad show.

Marvel always wins

How many of the reviews brought up Danny's race?

Based Fister.

Out of 5 right?

Out of 100.

Too bad it's terrible. Luckily for Netflix Marveldrones will watch anything.

It is pretty bad, but it's not any worse than Gotham, Arrow, The Flash or Agents of Shield. Each of those shows has their audience, so it's not surprising this has found a fanbase too.

Yassssssss, I want to see more Davos. And, they should have more time to have more fantastical fight sequences.

It's really not.

Can't stop the D*sney marketing dollar.

It's got cringey moments of writing, but what TV show doesn't?

Also every time Carrie Anne Moss shows up it's like a good writer has walked into the room and just corrected all the mistakes the bad writers made.

Well it's riding off the coat tails of it's predecessors. If Iron Fist was the 1st of the Netflix shows I'd reckon there would be far less views.

>The kung fu superhero show is generating higher demand than Marvel’s Daredevil or Jessica Jones did in their launch week, according to Parrot Analytics, and it’s falling just short of Luke Cage. That’s pretty good, given that Luke Cage was the 16th-hottest show across all platforms in 2016.

Third-party analysis is necessary because Netflix doesn’t share viewership data, except in selected cases. Parrot tracks viewership by evaluating streaming video, P2P-sharing, social chatter, and more. (The company assures us that it is able to distinguish between positive and negative social chatter to avoid potentially overrating a show like Iron Fist.)

Welp, it seems people were actually way more hyped for this shit.

Now, I just hope that means Season 2 actually fixes all the stupid shit from Season 1.

I don't know. Maybe it would have done fine, because it has nothing to compare it to. Some seem disappointed in the series compared to the other three and DD regarding fights. Pretty sure Cox got more time to prepare, too.

the article shouldve been titled

>critics pan Iron Fist--Netflix subscribers watch anyway, because they'll watch anything

Except for the big showcase no-cut fight scenes in DD like the hallway fight or the apartment building fight, the fights in IF were generally better.

I guess people must have been expecting wuxia harness shit.

I think this show was hampered by people's expectations. Those that weren't disappointed Danny wasn't AA, were disappointed that this wasnt IIF. Less cuts, and less fights in the dark would be good, though.

>were actually way more hyped for this shit.
If anything the controversy just built up a larger interest

It doesn't always work see Ghostbusters

That sucks, my man. They already knew we'd eat up any shit they'd put out but now they have the proof. A dark day for comic book adaptations and competent fight choreography.

It's been heavily criticised, though. Those common criticisms (that are valid) can be changed in future seasons that can now happen, because of the ratings.

So is Punisher coming out in the summer, and Defenders in the fall? Because I haven't seen anything about Frank's show since those set pictures came out last year

Excellent. Absolutely excellent. And you know who really wins? Iron Fist fans. Gonna finally get my magical kungfu dragon fighting pajama daddy come Season 2.

>implying the same couldn't be said for DC fans
>or Star Wars fans
>or Trek fans
>or Doctor Who fans

But this time the controversy was over something way more retarded that wasn't actually pandering, but rather sticking to the origins, that's why media was going bonkers (which I'm starting to believe was Marvel's plan all along now)

Iron Fist never attacked the fans though

You let me know when this happens and I'll bother to watch the damn thing.

Until then, I'll just stick to a medium that isn't hampered by shame and budget and can actually show cool action.

They've announced he's going to have a costume in Defenders, so it would be majorly fucked up if they ditched it again for season 2

But is the show mainly going to focus on kung-fu action in said costume or not? And how well will the action be depicted?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU KATE LETH

Wait, what did Kate say?

>Attacked the fans

Bruh.

>or Doctor Who fans
The newest Doctor Who spin-off flopped so hard that it got shit-canned before it could even air outside of the UK. They may accept a lot of trash, but they do have a limit.

>SJWs btfo
Along with anyone who has taste.

4/10 so far, watching episode 6
I'm slogging through it as a marvel fan

It's because the first 6 episodes (which the critics got to evaluate) are SLOW as fuck.
Horrible pacing. It will get better but if I had to rate a show based on these alone, I'd honestly give it a 4/10.

I wanna know too.

Also the opening looks stupid as fuck.
Silhouette looks like a muppet.

It was pandering though. Pandering to white men who want to be Kung fu masters.

>the fights in IF were generally better.

They literally had 15 minutes to choreograph the fights before shooting. They never bother to conceal the stunt doubles well, and they still do a bad job at fighting.

They look like shit. You are a drone.

It didn't get better. Joy's character got more annoying (like most female Marvel Netflix characters) and inconsistent. Danny became a BIGGER cunt later on and you have no clue what the fuck he wants. They breezed through the development between Colleen and Danny. Claire is there doing the same "if you kill them you're as bad as them, you can't defeat The Hand" shtick she does in every show. Madam Goa being a Hand member is retarded.

There is nothing good about this show, people either like it because they're moviefags or contrarian Sup Forums posters.

I liked it. Fuck the haters. Colleens fights were all cool, death tournament was cool, Danny v Drunken Master was cool, Danny and Davos v 20 ninjas was cool. Danny v Bakuto was cool. There are kung fu fights almost every episode so I have no fucking clue what people are talking about.

>SJWs btfo
they got Iron Fisted

>>The kung fu superhero show is generating higher demand than Marvel’s Daredevil or Jessica Jones did

I mean... at least Star Wars fans got angry at the prequels, so that's a thing.

>Harold has NO lackeys
lol k

>at least Star Wars fans got angry at the prequels
I'm a fan and I love the PT.
I didn't get angry until TFA.

The kung fu fights were total shit and you have low standards, like most Marvel fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

>iron fist enjoyed losing his virginity
kek

Go there and post your sheev memes. And then kill yourself, my man.

Kek they were fine bitch boy. Low standards? It's a fucking superhero show sorry I don't judge it against the Wire and Mad Men. I bet you hate Flash as well you fag.

Hooray! More Danny getting picked on by cynical people!

But Sup Forums hates the PT.
"Sheev" is in mocking.

>I guess people must have been expecting wuxia harness shit.
Well yeah. Or at least standard Hong Kong level direction and stunts (you know, given the meta origin of Iron Fist being related to Bruceploitation).of which no-cut wide angle fight scenes are a big staple. Instead we got something with more cuts than an emo girl on Valentine's day and plenty of other issues. The fights look barely average for Hollywood.

It's Iron fucking Fist, not gritty action hero #9547, it's normal that he's held to different standards. Let's face it, not a lot of people were anxious to watch Iron Fist for character drama and a coproration-takeover plot (not that people who did seemed to have liked that too much either).

Either way, Star Wars fans get mad when they see something they don't like. Too bad that doesn't stop them from flocking to see the next one, but you know.

Fuck Danny's inability to be an effective business leader pisses me the fuck off.

Man, the SJWs would have a shifit if they used either the Russian or Barracuda as Frank's nemesis.

Jessica Jones already proved that shit shows can be successful when they've got the Marvel brand to fall back on. Good for them, though. Maybe now they can get a decent choreographer for anything else they do with Iron Fist.

The fact that SJW's dislike the show doesn't make it any less boring. But if you guys are so desperate to win points against them that you'll sit through ten hours of shit TV, be my guest.

Okay, but was anyone not expecting this? Isn't pretty much every Netflix original show a huge hit? I honestly can't think of one that's been cancelled.

Only original Netflix show to be cancelled so far is Marco Polo, and that wasn't because of low views but because it went massively over budget. Netflix is REALLY good at making hit shows.

The same people who are fapping to Iron Fist's success are going to be slashing their wrists when Dear White People is a hit a month from now, so you know. Enjoy your moment, I guess.

I know several people who are watching/have watched Iron Fist. Here's the funny thing, though: all of them have had basically the same reaction: "It's pretty bad but I'm going to power through it so I can understand The Defenders later."

So is more like the price people are paying so they can enjoy a (hopefully) better show later. IF really can't stand on its own, but it has the good fortune of being the last show before the big crossover.

>arco Polo, and that wasn't because of low views but because it went massively over budget
Ah fuck, I don't follow Netflix at all, see that's why I had decent expectations for Iron Fist: Marco Polo doesn't look like complete dogshit. Not good, but not as stingy as IF. But I guess that was a fucking red flag on overspending.

Oh good, now all the Netflix Marvel shows can follow this same boring fucking formula. More gritty, grounded and realistic shows about board rooms and the fucking Hand is the big bad every season

But the jay dubs lose bro. THEY LOSE.

>jay dubs
...the jews?

Tbh all of the series except Daredevil suck by themselves.

You guys think we'll get a better director for the second season?

I find this extremely hard to believe given Daredevil's success was called Netflix's most popular original show ever and immediately given a second season.

>all the assmad ITT

literally everything can be improved in a second season

Almost all of the negative reviews mention it.