Sup Forums-Bionicle Lore and Movies Thread : Live Action Rumors

Old thread: Original rumor: "I got this information from a source that works at WB. It seems that after the failure of The Lego Ninjago Movie, The Lego Group decided to let Warner Bros. to make a live action adaptation on one of their most succesfull original IPs,Bionicle.
There is nothing much known other than the story being based on the 2001-2010 series and probably going to use motion capture. The movie won't have humans."

I made this thread to discuss the possibility of a live action movie and because the original thread was so nice :^).
We can discuss the wasted potential of G2, love for the line and its story,etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6AT9V6z2w&feature=youtu.be
biosector01.com/images/artofbionicle.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNJfvBL4mw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuMoeBPiSss
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SgQAUBglJE
youtube.com/watch?v=VMNrPCEqVkc
youtube.com/watch?v=1gsl9X6tMEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had two bionicles when I was a kid. What is the lore?

Thread theme:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6AT9V6z2w&feature=youtu.be

aliens make some big ass traveling terraformer and research lab. Said lab is a giant robot a couple miles tall.
Big robot has little robots who work inside it. All the bionicle toys are those little robots.

Complicated as fuck. Maybe a little more complex than LotR.

The Legend Reborn was kino. Wish they finished the Mata Nui trilogy.

So bionicles are evil?

I want Steve Jablonsky to make the score of the movie. Imagine having "We have to go'' in a Bionicle movie.

>live action
oh god
OH GOD!

Not all of them.

It looks like it came from Bayformers.

There is no 4th movie. Only a KINO trilogy. Comfy thread coming!

Are these films actually worth my time? I fucking loved bionicle but that was mostly the games and the shit on the Lego website.

Are those movies for adults?

Is this fucking real?

It hadn't really struck me how properly the stakes were escalating, nor how well in tune with the tribal atmosphere our baddies were before now. I suppose that's the fault of poor media presentation.

And that's just one panel; the countless landscape shots and blurbs about the masks and character designs... They present the kind of mystical world I wanted(and still want!) to see.

It's been a couple months since I've been actively angry about G2's cancellation/handling, but being given a full view of concepts that I had already found exciting in principle just kind of hits me hard. This is why I was hopeful about G2; there were so many cool ideas in the works. Seeing them at face value just reminds me that they were squandered.

Regardless, I'm glad we got the chance to see this. I appreciate the insight.

What was his fucking problem Sup Forums?

Only for nostalgia sake.
They're awkward with their "absolutely no violence" policy that Lego had at the time, the plot of the first one was basically LotR for babbies and they are choke-full with animation errors and corner cutting.

Fun isn't something one considers when seeing thousands of Capeshit threads...But this thread...does put a smile on my face...

Dark times are coming...the Disney™ times...

>No story about the mask of time
>No G3 exploring hte Mask Of Time!
Fuck you LEGO®!!!

biosector01.com/images/artofbionicle.pdf

have fun

>niche toy line from the 2000s that no one gives a shit about today

surely it wouldn't flop

Well I meant the movie but still, cheers

Hope

Transformers didn't though...

Will it destroy Capeshit? If so then I'm in.

>niche
It single handely saved LEGO from bankrupcy

Piraka! Yo yo! Piraka!

Didn't they have their own language? How complicated the plot is?

Transformers was not niche in the slightest, it was a huge staple of 80s pop culture and had several series in the 90s and 2000s. While I loved Bionicle as a kid it's not even comparable to how big Transformers was/is.

transformers was updated constantly so even kids in 2007 knew about it.

We heard that you liked Bionicle...

40$ for this crap???

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNJfvBL4mw

You won't see crap like this again.

Creeps from the deep...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuMoeBPiSss

Is this official?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SgQAUBglJE

>no humans

yeah not happening

>Lion King live action coming in 2019
>no humans
Yeah,it's not happening. How much did the Transformers team lie to you?

Find the power!

Pretty kino desu

Remember?

Which bionicle was most bullshit overpowered? This fucker has fucking mind control powers.

We 'member

Where can I leran the lore?

It won't be as kino as this.

Please answer. I want to know who the target audience for Bionicle is.

>wrote a 200+ page novel when i was 14 tying the bionicle universe into our universe
>a.i. cyborg is elected president of the united states and begins a campaign of global conquest after an attack by china
>at least 50 pages spent on a multi-sided russian civil war
>brazil is the last holdout against global american supremacy
>nuclear holocaust ultimately wipes out humanity
>bunch of islands in the south pacific had been cleared of human life during the decades-long world war
>islands used by mata nui and makuta, two half-human half-robots, for their experiments
>creates matoran, toa, bohrok, etc.
>they and their experiments survive the nuclear holocaust but their human flesh is detroyed and theyr'e forced to become fully physically artificial
>and so on and so forth
>this was written sometime during the metru nui years

>tfw i shredded the whole thing when i turned 16 because i thought bionicle was for little kids and it was time to grow up

for kids. i loved rewatching them all as bionicle was a huge part of my childhood but if you haven't seen them you might get board and if I recall the cgi had a very slow frame rate

>blocks your path
What to do?

Who is she Sup Forums?

A Pretender

Ah, alright. I thought they were like an adult-oriented line of Lego products or something like that.

That made me laugh. It would've been kino. Does Bionicle have adult themes?

Are you BR?

They look way more serious than other lego stuff that's why I thought that. Maybe it's like Megaman. Kiddy stuff but with deep lore and adult themes.

Yes

>Bionicle Movie (2021) Trailer releases
>58M views in 5 hours
Screencap this.

Make Capeshit pay!

Que playboy.

Who is BR?

Don't let this comfy thread die. This time we should have 400 replies! We can do this! Unity. Duty. Destiny.

Metru Nui was basically 1984.

Only together we can survive!
Favorite sets?

Who is Voriki?

Fuck her and take of Her Kanohi. Did Eljay bang her?

Burajirujin.

>Did Eljay bang her?
No. But Mesonak did...

What was the story about?

There's no romance/sex at all, but some characters died in rather gruesome ways. The third movie has a cuck character who is beaten to death.

>Bionicle thread on tv
Never thought I'd see the day.
>G1
01 Lewa, Brutaka, Kardas, Jaller Mahri, Hahli Mahri, Nocturn, Antroz and Lewa Phantoka
>G2
Kopaka Master, Onua Master and Umarak the Hunter

Bionicles were basically the cells within the giant Mata Nui robot. The islands inside of him (like Metru Nui) were like his organs. The Matoran worked and maintained his insides and kept him running. Makuta poisoned him and sent him into a deep sleep that caused him to crash land on a watery planet. An island then formed on his face. The Turaga and Matoran of Metru Nui, which was in the robot's head, traveled up and out of his head to the outside seas, and eventually sailed atound until they found the island that had formed on his unconcious face. The Toa were essentially medicine that helped keep the robot's cells safe. Hence why they came in canisters. They were like little pills to help fend the scourge that was plaguing the robot.

This is the severely condensed version of the how the story all began prior to 2001.

Lewa??

youtube.com/watch?v=VMNrPCEqVkc

Yes

Even better: That's Michael Dorn doing the narration

He did a pretty good job with the Transformers score

youtube.com/watch?v=1gsl9X6tMEE

For a europoor kid like me who didn't get the comics and had no internet connection at the time, these promo CDs were a godsend. So much character info, hints at a mysterious lore and lots of atmosphere. I still have the disks.

>They look way more serious than other lego stuff
Heck yeah they are. There were hints at some deeper themes, but they didn't really delve into them, probably cause the writers knew they'd fuck them up. But there was plenty of horrific violence, brutal deaths, and just plain diabolical shit that would never fly in any other non-licensed Lego theme. The lore went deep too, to the point where adult manchildren are still arguing about some of the details to this day.
Looking back, a lot of the story's darker moments were kind of edgy and tryhard, but the fans back then ate it up.

Old legends never die.

Bionicle’s coming back. Screencap ‘em.

But people don't know that. Most Lego fans fucking loathe Bionicle and consider it the ass-bottom lowpoint of the entire company because it's "not muh rectangular bricks", and its fanbase is pretty much in shambles. Your average fucker on the street wouldn't know what Bonkle is, and they'd probably not even associate it with Lego because it doesn't fit in with their modern public image.

What the fuck are you even talking about, most of these "fans" that hate on Bionicle are some autistic manchildren who a merely a small percent of the Lego fanbase, and Bionicle was the shit in the early 2000s, practically every kid knew about them, heck, still to this day I find people who played with Bionicles in their childhood.

normies love talking animals not weird living robot things

These are less Bionicle and more those Retarded Galidor Toys back when Fox thought that show was going to be a success.

How about the Makuta species?
>42 basic powers like exploding things, elasticity, weather control, animal control, chain-lightning, layer eyes, power drain, etc.
>unlimited shapeshifting
>control over shadow
>individual mask powers, most of which are OP to begin with (energy disruption, light drain, rotting away inorganic material, spreading hate, summoning their past selves to the present, etc.)
>can absorb other beings to gain mass
>have access to personal pocket dimensions to store extra mass
>can teleport
>don't need to eat, drink, sleep after their evolution into sentient gas
>can possess machines and spiritless living bodies
>their armor is extra thick due to the lack of organs and muscles
>master scientists who can create animals out of viruses
>can mass-spam footsoldiers who have one of their 42 powers
>can pull worms out of themselves that corrupt other beings
>the main Makuta, Teridax has learned the ways of the universe and can manipulate nature to a degree
>and they also have governing powers to boot

Or the Gold-Skinned Being
>can make thinks disappear with a thought
>can teleport others to a dream dimension he just made up
>probably other things but the author thankfully stopped writing the story at this point

YO I REMEMBER THESE. I HAD THESE.

Yeah but Turaga are weak as shit.

These, as well as Artakha:
>can undo a bodyswitch (so he should be able to cause one too)
>can teleport himself and others everywhere
>can talk reach anyone via telepathy
>master inventor and blacksmith
>can use the Mask of Creation to create anything
>hinted to be fucking strong

Not to mention any Toa of Magnetism, Iron or Gravity. Plasma and Psionics too.

>Bionicle was the shit in the early 2000s
That was long ago and the most recent thing it has to show for itself is a shitty failed reboot that no one cared about.
Also, from my experience most general Lego fans I came across didn't think too highly of the line at best and goddamn hated it with all their being at worst, and supposedly even some higher ups within Lego disliked it, which might be part of why the reboot was so mishandled. As a result, there's like no market for these toys anymore, Lego only focuses on selling its classic brickbuilt shit and a few ugly overpriced Star Wars figs.

>layer eyes
Laser eyes, damnit.

I used to play with bionicles as a kid but I had no idea about the deepest lore. Where do I catch up? Is there a list of all the cartoons, games etc. and in which order they come?

But you're right that it had a lot of fans one time, so who knows, maybe if Lego actually marketed the reboot, it would have sold. Tons of old fans only found out about the reboot after it got canceled because Lego marketed it that badly.

Wiki: biosector01.com
Comics, games, animations and miscellaneous stuff: biomediaproject.com
Novels: cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle
Reading order: bzpower.com/board/topic/15557-bionicle-the-ultimate-storyline-reading-order-2001-2010/

I could give an order of what things to play, watch and read too (cause there's some overlap between the media and a lot of it is non-canon or contradictory), but fuck, that would take a long time to type out.

my man, thank you so much

I would say that he should follow the main storyline first to get a general idea, see if he likes it and then get to all the extra stuff like the serials, the oneshots, lesser known elements and masks, etc.

bonkle is shit. CCBS is supreme. bonklefags die.

>forgetting about Annona, Tren Krom, or Velika

Bionicle was a kino toyline. Good sets, great lore, made my childhood great.

Looks like kino's back on the menu, boys

Will pic related happen?

Reminder that Teridax did nothing wrong

Whatever you do, check out the classic Mata Nui Online Game, or MNOG. It's a charming and very atmospheric pont and click Flash game, and arguably the most defining piece of media in the franchise. Teaches you the basics of the early lore and establishes the setting, culture and the side characters, many of whom become important much later. It also tells a complete story and feels really fulfilling despite being relatively short. The game was so influential that even the first movie, Mask of Light was built on it.
MNOG is also crucial because it features the conclusion of the 2001 plot both from the main and side characters' perspectives. The comics didn't touch on that, and the first book skips the fight with the main bad guy.

Available here and here:
templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html
biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/online/matanui/

But if you don't want to play, you can just read the official walkthrough on the wiki, which is written in first person like a diary. The sequel, MNOG II can be skipped entirely, though.