So how the fuck do you kill this guy?

So how the fuck do you kill this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/s3At8#0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dance off

My question is why CAN'T they kill him?

If he doesn't have the stones, why can't you just shoot him in the face? He's just a big purple guy. MCU has seen more menacing villains. Vibranium Ultron was a good example. Invulnerable and capable of spreading his mind online, making himself truly immortal.

in the comics, wait for his hubris to get the better of him and steal the gauntlet away undoing all of his evil deeds and leaving him to be a farmer on a distant planet

You don't. He wins and wipes out half the life in the galaxy as a gift to his waifu (lady death). That's the story.

>If he doesn't have the stones, why can't you just shoot him in the face?

Thanos is a super-being in his own right, possessing enormous strength and durability. He is impervious to firearms.

-he kills half of all life in the universe to try and win the affections of a female personification of death
-earth's strongest heroes go to try and stop him
-he freezes time but is convinced by an adviser that if he gives them a chance to win that maybe death will be impressed by his bravery
-so he unfreezes time to give them a 0.5% chance of victory
-he kills/defeats all of earth's heroes
-they were a distraction so that silver surfer could really quickly dash at him and try and take his infinity gauntlet off
-that fails so a bunch of galactic and universal beings try and fight him either by overwhelming him with power or confusing his emotions, but he defeats them all because the infinity gauntlet makes his every wish reality
-the being representing the eternity of the universe itself tries to attack thanos, but he wins agian because he can win just by wishing it with infinity gauntlet
-after this he inherets the position of being eternity and becomes so overwhelmed by the scope of his godhood that he leaves his body behind
-his vengeful daughter/sister called nebula who he had tortured into a half-dead , unresponsive zombie to try and please death takes off his infinity gauntlet
-her first wish is to restore time to how it was before thanos killed half of all life
-this restores the cosmic beings that galactos defeated who then attack her to try and take the infinity gauntlet
-she defeats them
-thanos keeps taunting her while Adam warlock, who organised the effort to defeat thanos, is invisible to nebula for some reason and merges with the soul gem since he used to own the soul gem
-because he merged with the soul gem he is able to take the infinity gauntlet off her or something
-everyone scrambles to put on the infinity gauntlet but adam warlock puts it on and becomes God and declares that he will be fair
-thanos is going to be taken to prison but he says he will rather die and activates a nuclear device around his belt

but he actually faked the nuclear explosion and survives as a farmer on a distant planet who God-warlock goes to see and asks him about being a God.

Also, thanos always loses because subconsciously he always allows people a chance to defeat him because he doesn't actually think that he is worthy , or something.

it was rubbish but the art was good.

>the infinity gauntlet makes his every wish reality

so why didn't he just wish that death would fuck him

Why would anybody ever create something like the infinity stones, and how could such an omnipotent being in the first place allow them to be lost and then recovered by a thirsty betamale like Thanos?

I know they are just a plot device, but what is their backstory?

That's fucking stupid

Making someone fuck you and having someone want to fuck you is different you tasteless pleb.

he tries to make death jealous by creating a woman that is the embodiment of his heart's every desire called terraxia and terraxia fights a few of earth's heros.

just after doing that earth's heroes attack.

If he had been left alone he probably would have eventually tried to just wish that death liked him. but it wasn't the first thing he tried and he was attacked before he got to resorting to htat

because he wants her to love him, but lady death appreciates a quirky sense of humor and a big white cock, so she chases after deadpool instead

Yes. Yes it is.

a bit but I was speed reading so there might have been an explanation that made sense about adam warlock being invisible to nebula, or how he somehow took off the soul gem by merging with it.

it seemed like handwavy bollocks to me.

It's quite easy to find to read online on sites like readcomicsonline and kisscomics

what's this called

the infinity gauntlet

rim him

so what your saying that someone sat in a chair and started creating an ex machina after an ex machina and called it a story
wow comics are really some next level shit

You had me until the nebula bit, they just kinda turned and went off road there for the second half of it.

Okay but where does Deadpool fit into all of these?

close his pawn shop

Cucking Thanos out of skelly pussy

IIRC there is actually a marvel story where he kills the entire universe. he gets cosmic power, kills off every last thing in the entire universe and then he just sits around like a dick

Simple; Black Widow sneaks up behind him, and puts a 9mm bullet in his head.

‘Nuff said.

EZ

yup that's another story or "event" where he gets the infinity gauntlet called something like Thanos: the end or The infinity war.

that one is a lot newer and more boring and the same cosmic beings attack him but he gets angry at them insulting his godhood by trying to resist him so he wipes them and everything out.

then for some reason adam warlock comes in when thanos is sitting around in blackness because "hurr hurr I am a stranger and outside of this realm" or something and convinces him to turn it back.

then I can't remember but I think in that one thanos maybe keeps the infinity gauntlet and becomes a normal, uninterfering god or he gives it up.

Pretty much this.

Drax Batista bombs him.

Yeah there is no fucking way Disney is doing a quarter of this. Even regardless of the characters who don't appear in the films, there is no way they're doing the "kill half of all life" thing.

ANOTHER SPINEBUSTER

>Dance with me Thanos. You and me.

Unironically this, and i can already imagine faggots in theaters screaming in ecstasy.

FPBP

>tfw memelord gets served

Make him get drunk on power and become his own demise.

This is the battle everything has been building to. We must go harder on the redit memes.

He will step on a lego and they will use the moment of weakness caused by the pain to get the upper hand.

Just wish that she wants to fuck you, it's easy

Everybody just beam him to death like ultron, i imagine hulk being the most useless because all he can do is punch

You punch your hand through his heart from behind.

This.

that was actually happened in comics - thanos became omnipresent and ascended. some chick approached his mortal body, took the glove off and rewind time that no one this happened.

I have another question about Thanos - why should the audience care about him right now?
It's been a dozen movies since the first avengers to establish him as a character we should care about and a serious threat. But they did absolutely nothing with that.
The only reason people know he's a threat is from comic books, but MCU is clearly a different beast. For all I know, he can be a purple paraplegic in a rocket chair

You know, now I think they might try doing a homage to to that scene but this time Chris Pratt will get rekt

Aikido or judo.

The stronger the opponent, the stronger your defense.

This is fucking stupid. Fucking dorks and their stupidly overpowered fantasies, and fake drama by then having everyone come back to life

Did he have any choice in being ascended? He couldn't be like hold on I need my glove before he left?

You would love that, wouldn't you.

why is he blue

If you don't like the source material then why are you watching, or following, or even posting in a thread about its adaptation?

imgur.com/a/s3At8#0

my guy is hella powerful faggot

He literally got drunk on his power and forgot about glove. You have to remember that he became omnipresent but not any smarter (that's the real disadvantage of Thanos).

>why should the audience care
>lists the exact reason why the audience cares

What did he mean by this?

he's alien.

Those are some of the most retarded sentences I've ever laid my eyes upon.

You totally hit the nail on the head. He's done nothing to establish himself other than just slightly being present, kinda sorta sometimes. I mean, Thanos appeared in the 70s, and Infinity Gauntlet wasn't until the 90s, he had a bit of presence before the big major event that he's most famous for.

But what has he done in the movies? He's grinned. He sat in his chair. And he put on a glove. I don't even think he's been name dropped all that much except for maybe Guardians of the Galaxy, because all the movies take place pretty much in the United States and no one has a clue he even exists.

When you remove his comic counterpart, how the fuck does Thanos stand out remotely than every other villain in the movies who wants a thing because power?

>le space god
>has the same concept of love as we do

You're not expected to care about him, you're expected to care about the heroes. It's when you see the movie that you come to care about him.

why doesn't iron man just build a robot to counter the infinity stones?

He's not a god though, he's just a dude. He also celebrates Earth holidays like Christmas you know.

>Thanos appeared in the 70s, and Infinity Gauntlet wasn't until the 90

No one gave a shit about him until 1991.

Jim Starlin *MADE* cosmic marvel what it is.

Half the point of the MCU is to popularize cosmic marvel and increase the value of the brand overall.

Give Spidey the black suit and he'd be able to do most of the work to beat Thanos, with it here he beat Firelord who at the time was the herald of Galactus

As I recall only Drax can kill him in a conventional manner like without using infinity gauntlets and other high tier stuff.

Pretty sure nobody who has liked the movies would like the source material. The worthless dorks had their fun back when they could self-insert into the comics and make whoever they wanted OP, but now everyone would point out how fucking stupid it actually is. So yeah it isn't happening

>Jim Starlin *MADE* cosmic marvel what it is.
Yeah, back in the 1970's with Captain Marvel and Warlock, two series featuring Thanos.

Titanium blades... they cut through diamonds.

>why can't you just shoot him in the face? He's just a big purple guy
he can probably fuck up most of them just puinching them once. I guess he would hold pretty well against Hulk and Thor combined. That's without the stones.
Think of him as an Apocalypse or a Darkseid.

>christmas is a intergalactic holiday

Fuck off shills
Reminder to not pay for this shit, pirate if you are tasteless enough to watch this trash

>asks death out
>gets rejected
>destroys half the universe just to impress death
>gets rejected again
is thanos /ourguy/?

Superheroes are only as interesting as their villains. If you can't care for the villains, or at least grow to hate them on a personal level for whatever reasons, you have no need to care for the heroes all that much.

It's not like you can't receive Earth programming on fucking Titan.

General cinema-going audience never read a single comicbook in their life tho

>intergalactic
He lives in OUR solar system user.
Then why do people like the MCU heroes when they have no good villains? Checkmate, atheist!

Believe it or not, the Infinity Gauntlet miniseries was an attempt to get away from self-inset crap by bringing the story out of Manhattan - New York - USA - Earth, and aiming for something more mythic.

In fact, Thanos was pretty much a rippoff of Darksied, and was a tribute to Jack Kirby's New Gods series, which had few traditional cape heroes and read more like some kind of super serious cosmic mythology. Basically, the kind of crap that Snyder fans claim to love.

Welcome to comic books

He's allergic to orange slices.

>Think of him as an Apocalypse or a Darkseid.
Well I mean he was pretty much designed to be Marvel's Darkseid

>People in our lifetime will be calling Darkseid a Thanos ripoff if by some miracle he can make it to the movies at this rate
I am dreading this so much

Give Superman maybe 30 seconds with him.

> Thanos was pretty much a rippoff of Darksied
As the story goes Starlin wanted to make him a Metron rip-off but his editor told him to model him after a more popular one.

Vulture was a great villain.

He should just have wished for lady death to be very horny all the time and also that she has big tits

Vulture was hands down the best villain in the MCU

you have to remember that infinity gauntlet brings what you fear most in reality.

Thanos isn't a space god, he's just a powerful old alien from Titan, Saturn's Moon. He's actually from our solar system.

Basically he's just an insane old prick with lots of power and time on his hands.

>big tits
Oh but she does

I know that, I was trying to explain that he is really powerful on it's own. The gauntlet with the stones it's stupid powerful but he isn't just a purple dude without it, most fear him just because he exists.
And yeah, people will think Darkseid is a Thanos rip off when it's actually the other way around and Darkseid it's a better/different character

He has his reasons.

What makes Darkseid better than Thanos, besides the latter being a ripoff of the former?
I'm genuinely asking, I don't read comic books

For me, it's Sandman Death.

>Thanos starts off with an impeccable trick-heavy Kazachok

>Darkseid it's a better/different character
Darkseid is in no way a better character. Thanos is actually capable of growth and development.

and he will get punched out of air more than once.
Superman had already 30 seconds with the real deal, Darkseid and it wasn't that easy.

Darksied isn't better.

It's like Deadpool vs Deathstroke or Carol Danvers vs Mar-Vell.

The derivative revision actually turned out to be better.

>THE ACTUALLY PRE-CHRISTIAN YULE
*tips fedora*

For once Marvel did it first.

>he doesn't know what Yule is

Nothing. Darkseid is pretty boring.

>Gamora
Who's Thanos wife?

Darksied isn't that great. Thanos is pretty dynamic and actually evolves into a sort of neutral non-villainous role. Darksied is pretty static by comparison.

I also like Thanos's motivations better. Where Darksied is a dictator that wants to be a super-extreme dictator of everything and end free will for some reason, Thanos's motivation has some kind of weird emotional drive to it -- even if it is filtered through insanity.