youtube.com/watch?v=nVF6m1SZWPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wahoooo!!! you used me for op!!!!

[Deleted]

>not seeing The Room before The Disaster Artist was published
Normies
Also best bad movie is Moonraker

it's a rewatch

I just can't force myself to watch this hyped up trash after all these years of dumb Room memes.

Go to a live screening you friendless fuck.

Troll 2
It's so dumb in every way, from the Sam the Eagle goblin masks to the soundtrack that's better fit for an eighties sports highlights reel
And it's fucking hilarious

>tfw reb brown will never be your dad

Cabin Fever 2 no doubt.
I mean The Room is probably funnier but that's a boring answer.

Mutiny on the Bounty

San Francisco (1936)

bump

/Yoshii05

fav bad movie ? i donno but Funny Games 97 & Primer are what i hate the most

SAG nominations announced today

more like the SAGgy teat

letterboxd.com/Ni7san

I WANT TO SUCK HER SAGGY TEAT

THINGS.

Its so frustrating and hilarious at same time and watching it with friends who have not seen it is a blast.

You don't really think you'll win, do you?

Post the Eisenstein source where he said cinema had a due date

Good OP image
Best bad movie is of course science crazed.
Evil Within I think is too unironically good to be considered a bad movie, but it definitely occupies that same space, and is also better than the room.
Watching all 3 of those today as a triple bill has been a wild ride that I would recommend, im brain damaged now

the marketing for the new one made my dad interested in seeing it so I watched with him

Haven’t seen this one yet, want to

Troll 2 is also better than the room

the Sup Forums catalog is fucking terrible
capeshit everywhere

Is there a more retarded """hobby""" than watching movies?

>"""hobby"""
if you're in it without the purpose of making your own films you're a dumb poser.

good movie

Tommy and Greg came to my campus and did a screening and a Q and A afterward around 2009. I bought the dvd in either 2008 or 9, can't remember.

sNo they didn't and no you didn't. Why are you trying to act cool in front of a bunch of nobodies?

Not really no. They fail to stimulate intellectually and they fail to produce beauty or truth. It's escapism, even the lbg meme'd Jon Snow, Brakhage and Griffith.

They actually did, it's a true story. They brought a football. Someone asked Tommy what his favorite planet was and he said Earth.

3:10 to Yuma

you’re lying

no

this!!

lol

bump

Samurai Cop

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

>san babila and science crazed in favourites

wow wow wee wa!!!

well, isn't that the QotD

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 > Intolerance

Mr. Farre gives Pygmalion a 3 1/2 star rating

letterboxd.com/machill54/

big rewatch day for me

about to start my way through the nightmare on elm street coffret, had only seen the first before, don’t remember thinking too much of it when I first watched but really enjoyed it this time
the creativity on show here is so impressive

>actually rating shitty B horror films
cunt

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loooove movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please don't be rude to mr machill

>being elitist about The Room

I don’t rate I just give it a heart when I like them

please don’t be rude to myself

youtube.com/watch?v=qkUVToIfrKg

>being a salty, obvious little mainstream fish and pretending you're somehow any better than so-called "elitists."

I am God. Cower beneath me mass stimuli pigs.

if you're a God then poof Emily Jean into my house

emily bean

white rice and emily beans

Either Hackers or Dog Soldiers.

youtube.com/watch?v=YvTUN5KsDAM

How is Griffith narrative if he never wrote a script?

Conventional narrative criticism states you must give each character ample time, your protagonist must be relatable, nobody can be demonized, and restraint is favorable.

Tom McCarthy made The Cobbler

Griffith is not narrative. He is equally maximalist and minimalist, expressionist and impressionist, realist, and melodramatist, grand and quaint, balanced and vindictive, direct and indirect.

Griffith is layered reality. History, past, present, and future are rendered moot for Griffith knows as much changes on a tertiary level, the more the situation remains the same.

Griffith is not narrative. His works are a clash and subterfuge of ideology, counterbalanced to project a vaster whole: motion picture

D.W. Griffith's Intolerance

Fomerly Sneed's

>tfw the more i watch kino, the more i rise above the folly of men

A monkey watches, a man thinks

>he doesn't let the film wash over him, through him and out of him, becoming one with the film and actually becoming every character on screen

Self-insertion is for loners and the thoughtless.

>the narrow mind believes it's self-insertion and not film inserting itself into you

To accept the illusion of the cinema, to sit idly and be consumed by the spectacle, is to reject cognition, to reject man's forthright capabilities. It is to denigrate yourself to the role of primate, to reverse the genetic evolution.

/swimmingpool

I have my finals on monday and after that I can come back to watch 2 movies a day :DD

The prototypical numale.

thats one BIG penis

the archetypical numale-spotting actual numale

Awww yess. Best clothes rip ever.

The prototypical liberal numale rejects history, rejects challenge. It favors instant-gratification and comforting appease to milquetoast sensibilities.

The cinema is not art. It is mass media designed to condition and distract. It is culling.

meh. I’ll watch them eventually

>meh. I’ll watch them eventually
Literary enthusiasts don't start with Beckett, they start with the Greeks.

Why do cinema enthusiasts not follow suit and start with Muybridge. Only in film history is half a century treated as a millennium. This is particularly true of the liberal, technological, or Marxist historians who have embraced a theory of Progress in contradistinction to all other arts. By their standards, the cinema does not rise or fall, as do all other arts, in relation to the artists involved. Instead, the cinema is subject to a certain mystical process of evolution.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>QotD: What is your favorite bad movie?
Dungeons and Dragons (2000).
Thora Birch not even pretending to give a single fuck about the movie and Jeremy Irons overcompensating gloriously.

I just came back. I'm not. I don't know why someone answered in my place though, that wasn't me.

There is one major problem that persists in Murnau's work, a prolem that has carried its influence decades later into the garbage that pigs are exposed to today. The tradition Murnau represents is that of the director who decides how much of the world will be revealed to his audience. The aesthetic of camera movement over montage implies the continuousness of a visual field outside the frame of a film. What we see on the screen is what the director has chosen to show us. He could have shown us more or less or something else, but he chose to show us what he has shown us for a specific purpose. These whimsically emotive camera movements can most often be as overexplanatory as a heady intertitle. Griffith was wise enough to abstract from such flauntingly overexpressive technique, and opted instead for the functional and the thought-provoking unmotivated.

There is one major problem that persists in Murnau's work, a prolem that has carried its influence decades later into the garbage that pigs are exposed to today. The tradition Murnau represents is that of the director who decides how much of the world will be revealed to his audience. The aesthetic of camera movement over montage implies the continuousness of a visual field outside the frame of a film. What we see on the screen is what the director has chosen to show us. He could have shown us more or less or something else, but he chose to show us what he has shown us for a specific purpose. These whimsically emotive camera movements can most often be as overexplanatory as a heady intertitle. Griffith was wise enough to abstract from such flauntingly overexpressive technique, and opted instead for the functional and the thought-provoking unmotivated

WHO are you trying to impress
Just admit it

better than D.W. Griffith
youtube.com/watch?v=JwQZQygg3Lk

Nobody outside of autodidicacts starts with the greeks.

better than Flaherty
youtube.com/watch?v=eIaR1IsAGwY

better than Stroheim
youtube.com/watch?v=RUjPz7BKjlM

better than Lillian Gish
youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

better than Early Murnau
youtube.com/watch?v=qJ7kRERGCcU

>Griffithfag mad b'ecause he can't experience film correctly

THAFEELWIN 2 INTHYEALAYJINT to play chess with a human...

This is true. Genetic predisposition to inadequacy is a given for most. Green Eggs and Ham was your entry point.

I don't really understand your point, but in most schools classes are never "start with the Greeks" and most great writers - they never started with the greeks.

It's a meme.

better than Audrey Hepburn
youtube.com/watch?v=nVF6m1SZWPA

>most schools classes
How would you know this, dropout

Bruce, your inadequacy is showing