Disney / Fox merger

Deal of the century. The mouse will get X-Men, F4, Alien, Predator, Avatar, Futurama, Simpsons, X-Files, Ice Age, Independence Day and dozens upon dozens of well known movies and franchises..

>Disney: gib X-Men plz
>Fox: no
>Disney: gib Fantastic Four at least?
>Fox: I said fuck off
>Disney: ok, can we get a temp or partial deal, like we did with spiderman?
>Fox: never gonna happen faggots, they are ours
>Disney: .....
>Fox: :^)
>Disney: ok we buy your entire company then, cunt
>Fox: ...well fuck me

Basically how it went

You forgot Deadpool

>X-Men

Who will the Mouse buy next? Viacom?

Disney does not have the money. Merger is a possibility though, but extremely unlikely.

Warner Brothers and DC... and I mean it unironically

Ur moms vagene

>Disney does not have the money.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"inhales"

AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

disney's the x files
disney's the simpsons
fuck no no no no no no no no no

This better dont mean Fox Classic chanel will stop showing war movies and westerns for being "problematic"

Fox is garbage, Mouse is Kang

>Viacom
>Nickelodeon
>MTV

You think Murderman was bad? Prepare for Quipman.

>the mouse

wow im really excited, all my favorite F R A N C H I S E P R O D U C T S will be available from a larger more stable firm like Disney. they’re REALLY MAKING MOVES these past few years HUH LADS???????

Would you like to give me an estimate of how much it would cost to buy Fox, and what are Disney's current assets?

Disney's Transformers.
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I should say Disney's liquid assets that won't be tied up in the near future.

Isn't related to movies, is just for the streaming shit, Xmen and Deadpool are just an extra and the FF belong to Constantin Film

Video game companies. Blizzard, Rockstar, Nintendo

I think they're just going for 20th Century Fox and they could also use debt and stock if they needed to.

K. I would have to see an example of a company absorbing another that's about a third of it's size in a hostile takeover just to acquire a handful of assets not really worth a fifth of the acquisition cost, especially when they wouldn't be really interested in the other assets.

>Simpsons
HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE IT GOOD AGAIN

SIMPSONS KINO IS ON THE MENU BOYS

Disney buys 20th Century Fox and Fox TV.
Disney Buys Sony
Disney Buys Paramount
Disney Buys Universal Pictures
Disney Buys Warner Brothers & ATAT
Disney

Thats unpossible

Disney's net worth is 120 bil while Fox is 20

Disney doesn't care about Marvel, they care about how much money it's making them, if Marvel wasn't profitable they would sell it no problem, also Murdoch is the one selling 21 Century Fox because enterteiment is not as profitable anymore not Disney "forcefully"buying it for some comic book IPs and they are just one of the companies interested in the offer.

I hate the capeshitfags from 9gag spouting this "hurr durr if you don't gib Xman and FF we buy Fox hurr" nonsense like if big corporations worked with the same logic as the retads they hang around with at the local comic book store

>Disney is so fucking big they can buy a company like Fox

This is ridiculous.

They want X-Men / Fantastic Four / Deadpool / Avatar / Simpsons / FX / Star Wars 4-6 film rights / X Files / Alien / Predator / ect...

Potential to make a lot of money with all those and everything else. James Cameron Avatar sequels could make billions of dollars.

>like if big corporations worked with the same logic as the retads they hang around with at the local comic book store
Mate, have you read the leaked Sony emails? They do act by retard logics.

If this happens does Martha MacCallum become a Disney princess?

Disney is the one that can give Fox the best deal and Fox knows it and how much Disney wants their capeshit properties. This will happen, if not now, soon.

>while Fox is 20
Based on my stock screener, it's nearly 60.
They already have the rights to Star Wars 5 and 6. Some of the other properties are just some of Fox's most prominent, though not their most profitable, like Alien, and Predator? And the Simpsons? It not only has to be worth something, but something Disney can add value to. Otherwise, it's paying someone for income that you might be paying a premium for and you might mess up. Wtf? Disney might want a few of that capeshit, Not too sure about Avatar. And then I think this includes a bunch of other assets Disney doesn't care about, like Fox Sports, or whatever. What Disney cares about isn't worth nearly $60 billion, especially at rising interest rates.

jesus fucking christ why do you care

this.
they are even more stupid than Sup Forums at times!

that's pretty much sony pictures exclusive which is why they're a massive fucking failure. successful companies like Disney aren't run by retards

How would this not violate Antitrust?

There are still governmental market regulators that won't let it happen!

This.
Just let Disney monopolize the entire film industry, goy!

Disney is the one who PAYS for the laws, fambolini

because there will still be other companies

So you have access to internal document like e-mails? Watch their movies, to put out retarded shit like this they themselfs must be retarded also.

I'm actually pretty hyped for Disney's upcoming streaming service, assuming they have the entire Disney product line on it.

Off the bat, there are just some good Disney movies to watch. The Silver Age with Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and some of the later stuff like Tangled was good too. But having Pixar means also titles like Toy Story, Up, Wall-E, etc. And the live action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean are nice too.

But also, people forget that Disney had some GOAT cartoons in the 1990's. Gargoyles (for my money, best animated TV series of all time, including B:tAS), Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Gummi Bears, Recess, Doug, etc.

But you start throwing in the IPs they own like Lucas Films and Marvel and that's a TON of content. Not just the Star Wars films and shows, but Marvel had those great 90's cartoons in addition to their movies. X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk and all the crossover episodes.

I'm not even sure what would be included in their taking over of Fox, but since this streaming service is already supposed to be cheaper than Netflix (who has lost just about every goddamn show I watch) I'm pretty hyped for switching over.

inb4 disney shill, go fuck yourself

The last ten years show there is nothing of value to be lost.

>to put out retarded shit like this
like what?
there are different brands of retarded when it comes to marketing; dumb retarded and smart retarded. Sony is dumb retarded; their shit is so fucking stupid that nobody wants to see it, and Sony has no idea why. Disney puts out retarded movies that people actually want to see, because Disney knows exactly how retarded people are and what kind of retarded shit they want to see

>X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk and all the crossover episodes.
As those were mainly Saban/FoxKids they are probably owned by, no wait Foxkids was bought by Disney too!

>Off the bat, there are just some good Disney movies to watch. The Silver Age with Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and some of the later stuff like Tangled was good too. But having Pixar means also titles like Toy Story, Up, Wall-E, etc. And the live action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean are nice too.
>Lucas Films and Marvel
you know, this is is already on netflix literally right now

>those godly trips

Stupid manchild isn’t taking into account their Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures/Miramax filmography

Studio films sure, but letting Disney take over the Blockbuster is suicide. At least there's places like A24 around despite the overall mediocrity of their movies.

I said long ago when Disney bought Star Wars and Marvel they were planning on owning every company.
One big company to take the world.
Then Walt will thaw out and rule the world.

And next to no competition, which is what antitrust is about.

Disney should be split apart and all the fuckery they did to public domain repealed

As someone on the tech side of things, I do hope their execution of their platform isn't some shitty second-rate INDIAN-made garbage

here's to hoping for a good American product

Blizzard/Activision is next. Enjoy playing Overmouse.

>im pretty hyped for the new particularized streaming service that im gonna pay for with my debit card every month
>im not a disney shill
>oooh look at these interesting trips i wonder how i got those hahahaha
>but there aren’t corp shills and media people who watch Sup Forums and reddit like hawks
>no sir
hehe

Just wait.
Kodak once was photography of all sorts king.
Now they're struggling again to survive.
Apple once was struggling to survive now they are king of shit mobile phones.
A lot can and willl happen.

>>oooh look at these interesting trips i wonder how i got those hahahaha
this is paranoia at retard levels

They already have the deal with EA and Star Wars, and that's a big shitstorm right now due to gambling laws and banning Battlefront II in certain countries.

Perks of having a government backed monopoly. It will be shitty, and people will buy it anyways.

Nintendo fits better!

Why would disney even want the fantastic four anyway? The last two fantastic four movies did pretty badly and disney have shown that they can make hits out of lesser known comic books
If anything the fantastic four are pretty worthless to disney, they've got lots of marvel comics without negative baggage left to adapt and even before the movies the fantastic four were b-tier at best

wow i cant wait until i hate predator the same way disney and its fanbase has made me hate the original star wars

Kodak died because photography became irrelevant due to phones having cameras.

Apple became hugely successful because they figured out how to put closed platforms in the hands of idiots.

Unless you're basically saying "dude stuff happens all the time think about it lmao!" those examples have zero bearing on steadily growing media conglomerates.

Japanese companies don't like to sell.

They are just lucky that they are of the same retardation as the majority of the audience!

It isnt just F4. Its Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc.

They can easily make a killing off of it.

At what point are they deemed to hold a monopoly? They are going to be breaking some sort of law soon enough by owning so many independent companies.

>The mouse

Kill yourself.

One day people will grow even tired of capeshit and StarWars.

Disney isn't a cancer, its a scavenger. The only reason its in a position to buy out most of film is because the medium dead. Buying out most of film at this point is meaningless as entertainment has diversified to such an extent that hollywood blockbusters are basically meaningless and irrelevant.

Fox doesn't actually own F4 though. It's some third party that's own the rights since the 80s. They simply let Fox make the movies.

Actually, that deal is closing. Most of that stuff has been removed / is being removed purely because of Disney's upcoming streaming service.

People are tired of film period. Huge film franchises are simply the death rattle of dead medium.

Galactus is Marvel next big Thanos. Make Thanos look like newfag.

>hollywood blockbusters are basically meaningless and irrelevant.
Not correct. Serialized blockbuster films are already upon us. Cape shit makes many billions for their companies.

At this point Disney has more money than God.

Murdoch is a complete fucking retard if this isn't a Merger

Avatar 2 alone will make 20th century a viable competitor, that will easily make 2 billion dollars, yet he is going to hand that over to Disney? Not to mention next year they got Deadpool 2, another billion dollar franchise

Speaking of Deadpool, a lot of stupid Marvel fans don't seem to understand this means Deadpool will become PG-13 under Disney, Kevin Feige already confirmed no R rated movies in the MCU.

Never respond to me or my wife's son's posts ever again, faggot.

hey guys, how does this affect piracy?

oh, it doesn't? at all?

okay then.

not lucky, smart. they make the shit they do on purpose to be as popular as possible

Legally, they're already a monopoly seeing that their entertainment market share is upwards of 80%+ and they're consistently making billions each year with their shitty movies. Disney is too powerful, too left wing, and too inside to be forced to break up.

>he says after the worst year for film in history

They have no choice in it!
Major Shareholders:
Freefloat 74,50%
Nintendo Co., Ltd. 15,21%

Just watch Vivendi taking over Ubisoft right now!

You forgot
>Copyright laws are extended until the heat death of the universe

BoxOffice numbers say otherwise

>pirates

oops

Do you actually believe this? In terms of assets they're dwarfed even by far newer companies like Apple and Google.

Their track record for vidya in the past isn't terrible so I'd be fine with the first two.

Disney should go full Lex Luthor and just start buying AT&T Comcast Fox Sony WB everything before the government can stop them.

Alot of this shit is already on Netflix though. Also Netflix, If you like it or not, has a pretty big library at this point. So the issue I see is switching from Netflix to Disney might feel like trading in one thing for something you already used to have, but with a little less choice.

Good thing those were only recent acquisitions and Disney has a ton of other stuff to sell as well.

>he says after the worst year for film in history

They can easily make a killing off of the comics and characters they already own
People bring up Galactose all the time as the next big guy for the avengers to fight and normalfags don't give a shit about him. They didn't give a shit about Thanos either until they wiki'd him after the post credits scene from avengers. Marvel could take any badguy they currently own and elevate him into being the next big threat for the avengers to fight and people would still get hyped

Fox would be merged into Disney, yes, of course.
With Murdoch and Co payed in Disney shares.

comics are completely failing as a medium

You do realize Netflix has to purchase rights to show that content?

Why would Disney sell them the rights when they are a competitor now with the new streaming service?

PROTIP: They won't.

80% not really

>megacorp1 buy outs rival megacorp2 to use as another tentacle for its propaganda ministry, further establishing its intent to mindcontrol all media influence and destroy all independent thought
>army of 30year-old manchildren conditioned to have zero ethical consciousness have only one reaction: "wow cool this mean my favorite superos from megacorp2 can now fight supereros from megacorp1" with retard drool collectively leaking from its mouth
dont forget to buy your porg plush toys for christmas goy, we need to donate billions to israel so they can manufacture and use more white phosphorus on palestinian children

>by far newer companies like Apple and Google.
I'm not one of those dumbasses that sees it as inevitable and obvious and easy that Disney will acquire Fox, but that's a moronic comparison. It would be like saying Switzerland is poor because a new country like the U.S. has so much more money. Okay, it's not a great example, but the unsoundness should be obvious.

AT&T alone is far bigger than the entire Walt Disney Company. $400b in assets and $120b in equity compared to Disney's $100b in assets and $40b in equity. They also take in around double the net income every year.