Iron Fist #1 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELmXIFC_kUs
youtube.com/watch?v=EjQ7jJx9PJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What have any of these people done before this?

>thinking your own ignorance is criticism

WOOOO thanks OP i've been waiting for this all day

He's... just asking what they've done though?

Dicks out for Carl Lucas.

Who punches harder, Iron Fist or Luke Cage?

Calm it bud, I'm curious as well. I googled the writer and I got his website which says literally nothing about what he's worked on

The writer's also doing Bullseye, outside of that Im not sure

Iron Fist.
Average super strength ain't shut compare the IF

Iron Fist, not even a question.

If I was the fight coordinator, I'd instantly suspect that he's a muties/inhumie with some bullshit power and not let him fight. Shits way too shady even for an underground 3rd world fight club.

>being this much of a shill

That assumes that only baseline humans are there.

Just because he was premature with his autistic rage is no excuse to start pulling out the Sup Forums-tier shitposting. Let's just focus on the comic, yeah?

Then stop fighting regular ass people Danny.

liking it so far art is nice

Marvel was expecting fans of the show to pick up this comic. Little did they realize the show would blow chunks. I wonder if that will figure into when they cancel this.

The way Dannys talking makes it sound like they're wanting to take him back to Immortal era Danny characterisation as opposed to TLWs Fight Club Danny

I get that it's probably on purpose due to how Dannys acting like an addict after a fix but man he looks like an old junkie in these pages. Like older than his mid 30s

Looks like a young Michael Biehn in this, it's a good look

8 issues and this title is done.

>it aint iron fist starts playing
its the facial hair

It wont, they'll give it a year then maybe consider cancellING it. They'll wait till Defenders has come out at the very least

All that matters are the sales, which I imagine will be good enough to last 12 issues but not much past that, regardless of how well the show went.

Now, the SECOND Iron Fist ongoing that was supposed to run concurrently with this is either not gonna happen or but become a 5 issue mini. 1 ongoing is one thing. 2 ongoings and a team book though? Nah son.

Inb4 autistic screeching over "punching down"

I think Iron Fists was probably gonna be a hidden mini anyhow

Looking and acting an awful like Orson there Danny

No one cares, Marvel intern. Your tactics are finished.

Beautiful shitpost desu

>hidden mini
I like that way more than stealth mini. Might start using that.

>Iron Fist is Akuma now

I'm ok with this.

Shang Chi, White Tiger and armless tiger boy cameos please

six pages in and he's kicked more ass than in the show

Feels very slow but has me intriuged enough to keep reading. Kinda reminded me of the Rebirth issues in how much it recapped vs how much actually happened

Pretty good setup, liking the art and this should be a fun simple arc to get us started with the direction for this book

Wonder what's going to happen with the chi scenario though seeing as how Shou-Lou and K'un L'un were completely destroyed

Thanks for reading.

Getting real Moral Kombat vibes off of this.

Fucking nice letters page title

Armless Tiger Boy is already confirmed as one of the competitors in the tournament.

This was better than I expected. Might actually add it to my pull. Always love a good tournament arc.

THANK YOU BASED, user!

I really like the chi effect here, looks like he's holding something really bright clenched in his fists

>hidden mini, leaping cancellation

>named attacks
Hell yeah

Kek

Tenkaichi intensifies
youtube.com/watch?v=ELmXIFC_kUs

Pic related is a cover to an upcoming issue that's part of this arc. So, yeah, Armless Tiger Man all but confirmed.

Despite negativity, there are still people that like the show. Some have been turned on to the character, because of it.

That's the thing. People who liked the character before the show aren't going to stop liking him because of the show, while people who didn't like the show and weren't already fans wouldn't have bought the book in the first place. So the comic is, at worst, going to sell as well as it would have if the show never got released, and at best will get a boost from all the new fans the shoe brought on even if it wasn't the best shit around. Net gain either way.

what a fucking cover

Will this guy make an appearance in the tournament?

White tiger quit and broke the amulet, so I don't see a new one popping up for some time.

I'm...intrigued. I have a feeling this will be good. Slow-paced, but good.

>Marvel was expecting fans of the show to pick up this comic.

Nah, TV shows (or movies for that matter) don't make floppy sales increase significantly. Even Marvel knows that.

I believe that's "Snake" a new character for this story. Who, also is without arms.

TV shows actually do (see: Flash, Green Arrow, Daredevil). Seemingly no bump with movies though.

The guy was a completely different character in the comics. Also dead.

When they met, Iron Fist by a wide margin.

But Luke's been quietly and heavily power boosted since then, so it's a lot more up in the air by now.

Why would you think this? Flash has had good sales since the new 52 started while Green Arrow still sells the same as Deathstroke and Aquaman despite having a TV show. And both of them had digital tie-in comics to the shows that didn't sell significantly. Daredevil's recent volume started a bit higher than the last volume but is at the same point again now.

What you will see with adaptions is the trades doing well, but we can clearly conclude at this point that normies don't have patience for monthly releases.

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Wait, is Armless Tiger Man Bruno Mars?

OK I'm intrigued.

Even with Luke's powerups he's nowhere near peak Danny but Danny is straight up depowered right now so Danny would probably hit less hard than Luke at the moment but i don't expect this to last too long

1 issue in and its already one of the better marvel books, well done to the writer/great artist

>No one cares
You have no idea how much I wish that were true.

Weird font

This is what the show should have been like

Now this page I like
Solid issue, I enjoyed it more than I expected
Very refreshing after his last solo

Flash and GA are both doing better now than during the New 52 and before their shows, especially considering they're being shipped twice monthly. GA was below post-Johns Aquaman before Rebirth. The assumption is that new fans are picking up with the new jump-on point. You're right about Daredevil. I thought it was doing better than it is right now. Hmm.

wtf he acts nothing like Netflix Danny

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The groupings look the same to me which suggests that the increase in pure order figures are more due to retailer confidence in Rebirth than any new fans, but I guess without surveying shops we can't really say for sure.

Supergirl's sales are actually worse now at #6 than it was when the last book was at #20 which probably doesn't mean much in either way besides DC's Rebirth monthlies being drowned out.

So we might get a full tournament instead of jumping out halfway?

Supergirl just isn't good and the art isn't helping it at all.

>Why would you think this?
LCSes have said so on various occasions. Reason being that TV shows have an ongoing nature which spurs people to get interested in serialized comics. With movies, it gets them to buy trades.

Well, the art was shit. Why can't house style artists copy Neal Adams' perspective and foreshadowing too? It's needed especially for a Kung fu centric series.

GA is doing better now because of Rebirth bringing back the beard and Canary. Nobody who's an existing Oliver Queen fan really wanted to read about what the character was being portrayed as during the Nu52, and now he resembles Oliver Queen again.

MMOOOOOOOORTALLLLLL KOMMBAAAAAAATTT!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=EjQ7jJx9PJk

Best fight in the show. One of the only good ones, too