Great Western or Greatest Western?

Great Western or Greatest Western?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o7cg6tNk3fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's not Django, you saloon pleb.

This film has the best opening 10-15 minutes in the history of cinema. Do not debate me.

gtfo with your cult B-movie trash, bruh

Good, bordering great and that's really all. It's not even best Spaghetti Western.

spaghetti westerns are literally the tarantino of the 60es

try watching some actual westerns

>blocks your path

How in the actual fuck are spaghetti westerns in any way like Tarantino? They aren't edgy gorefests with pretend-witty, cringy dialogue.

Yojimbo

i have. my top 5 westerns would probably be:

1. Once Upon a Time in the West
2. Stagecoach
3. My Darling Clementine
4. Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
5. McCabe & Mrs. Miller

reminder that an average boetticher flick is better than the best commieghetti-western.

>They aren't edgy gorefests with pretend-witty, cringy dialogue.
Except they are exactly that

>reactionary backlash since Tarantino made spaghetti westerns cool among the normie crowd

pathetic

If this is Rio Bravo then I was really enjoying the movie up until the lazy ending

>5. McCabe & Mrs. Miller
idk this didn't really seem like a western so much as movie that just happened to be set in the old west

real reactionaries luv westerns user, trust me on this. the actual Sup Forums users, the good ones, the ones who rarely post because they have jobs now. they like westerns

tombstone is the best western

>If
pleb, you have to go back

the fact that you rank leone's westerns above ford's and the fact that you rank mccabe&ms miller below pat garret and billy the kid is super cringeworthy my dood

It's really just a two hour Leonard Cohen music video

>It's really just a two hour Leonard Cohen music video
sounds like
THE
BEST
MOVIE
OF
ALL
TIME

The movie would have been better without his music as much as i like his stuff.

Not bad at all,
1.True Grit
2. A Fistful of Dollars
3. Once Upon a Time in The West
4. Tombstone (Val Kilmer's performance)
5. Unforgiven
While not a traditional western, I think Jeremiah Johnson deserves a callout.

fucking idiot
im out of this board forever, you can't really have such a shit taste

are they even any good spaghetti westerns outside of Leone? you don't hear about any in particular, but you hear people talk about the genre as a whole

A proper tasteful score would have elevated the movie.

>My Darling Clementine
my friend!

That's the issue I have with it. Leone really just created his own genre that nobody else could replicate. People who refer to spaghetti Westerns might as well just say that they like Sergio Leone and leave it at that.

There are very few and half of those don't stand up outside the most fanatic of watchers.

some of the action is cheesy and the acting from the other lead is pretty bad, but Lee Van Cleef in this film is one of the best badasses ever

Sartana
youtube.com/watch?v=o7cg6tNk3fQ

for all the people who whine about "capeshit" on Sup Forums nobody realizes that westerns were the original capeshit? except they were so much worse. the westerns of the 50s were literally the lowest point in filmmaking history. there are a mere handful of westerns that have transcended being throwaway John Wayne vehicles.

i thought Il Grande Silenzio was really good

t. numale soyboy cuck

Which True Grit?

t. genuine, authentic pleb

kill yourself in front of your family

you first

the big gundown is quite good (and also has LVC which is always a plus)

Your life is capeshit. If you don't understand films are western you're a tumblrina.

>If you don't understand films are western
...what?

Westerns have had an enormous impact on subsequent cinema, not to mention many were the best movies of their time. Saying westerns are like capeshit is having an extremely uninformed opinion on westerns and capeshit.

>Westerns have had an enormous impact on subsequent cinema
yes. with few exceptions, the impact was to throw away the outdated garbage that Hollywood was in that period and make way for the renaissance of cinema in the 70s.
>not to mention many were the best movies of their time
the best of the worst period? not a strong argument.

>Western
>made by Italians

pick one

You're retarded aren't you ?

the best
americans didn't even know how to make good western before the italians show them

just like pizza actually

1. Young Guns
2. Tombstone
3. Unforgiven
4. Once Upon a Time in the West
5. Posse

>hear the harmonica
>hair stands up

youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM

I meant Posse 1993 with Van Peebles