Genndy said in an interview that he considered not including Aku in season 5 or change his voice and/or design entirely...

Genndy said in an interview that he considered not including Aku in season 5 or change his voice and/or design entirely because he felt no one could ever replace Mako, but instead chose to use Baldwin as a replacement, still arguing Mako could never be replaced.
Now, imagine that Genndy had gone through with his idea of either scratching Aku from the new season or changing his voice and design. How would this have been explained in-universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim
vocaroo.com/i/s0mywAY55PjS
behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Samurai-Jack/Aku/
youtube.com/watch?v=4V7jPzXg7eg
youtube.com/watch?v=CY2QHNzvDn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Genndy scrapping the main villain from the fucking show

I don't believe you.

>After 50 years Aku got sick of Jack's shit and went in a journey to find himself
>Aku went through a wardrobe change after seeing Jack grow a beard

To be fair, he got the best replacement he could

Do you mean some user typed it out and you believed it?

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim

>For a while, I thought we should reimagine Aku with a different voice, perhaps even use a different character.

He was just considering it for a little bit before concluding what a terrible idea it was.

this

i wish he'd use more of a faint japanese accent rather than eastern european but his voice fits the character

False. This random user did a way better job, and if a random user can do this good of a job then he could've found a better voice actor to do the actual part for S5:

vocaroo.com/i/s0mywAY55PjS

See

Nothing would replace Mako, but it's better having someone who tries to recreate the magic of what made the show good than scrapping it off for top tier edgy shit

That's even worse than Baldwin, though.

It's significantly better than Baldwin if you take those penises out of your ears.

>This random user did a way better job
He didn't. He really, really didn't.

Why do I feel like people say this shit just because it's a fellow user who can do a little bit of a voice, and that's all why they need to declare him the best ever?

I think the best solution would be keep Baldwin as Aku but come up with some reason for Aku sounding different. Like have a flashback of Jack fighting him and he punches Aku in the throat and that's their explanation for the voice difference.

As is I'm still pretty fine with it though.

I think a good idea would be to give Aku the Gygas treatment

you know, Aku becoming so powerful that he starts losing his own councioussnes

It's so much better than Baldwin it's not even close. I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed in Baldwin's work in the second episode if I hadn't heard that user in that thread beforehand and realized how much closer to a Mako voice we could've had.

I still want to see Aku go full primal force on Jack after learning he lost his sword.

We should could Baldwin some slack.
No one can replace Mako, he's trying but he's obviously not Mako and there is no one out there, who could do it better.

Why do people fucking hate the new voice actor?
He's good enough and the character is still as great in terms of personality.
It's very hard to replicate Mako's voice and at least they provided something good.
Be glad season 5 is actually great and not a shitty-reboot/downgrade.

>It's so much worse than Baldwin it's not even close.
ftfy

Baldwin actually has deepness to his voice, unlike that guy. He sounds more like Jack's father than Aku.

shouldn't have

At that point it would be a reboot, not a sequel series.

Are you fucking retarded?

Yeah, I saw that. Still gives me a raging erection.

Baldwin is good. I don't think comparing him to Mako is fair, and we should judge him on his own merits.

>aku still destroyed the time portals.
>jack is still the way he is portrayed.
>the scene with the sisters worshiping the carved statue of aku would make more sense since they are trying to use magic to resurrect aku by using jacks death to resurrect him magically.
>the guy on the horse is still aku but he's in the underworld instead of using mind fuckery to break jack.

user would still have to work with voice directors and be subject to what the voice director and shit like that wants. The end result probably wouldn't resemble the vocaroo.

OP here, I personally like Baldwin. I think people here give him too much crap because he doesn't sound like he used to.
Well, no fucking shit. Did Aku sound depressed at any point in the series beforehand? He was at worst grumpy that he couldn't kill Jack. Baldwin has to voice a new emotional state for Aku for which he has no reference, and neither do the fans so they think it's completely the fault of the voice actor that the character sounds off, despite the fact that the character is supposed to feel "off" in the only scene he's been in.

No man, he said you got dicks in your ears bro. It muffles things.....

They could have just explained his redesign by evolving him into a different entity or something. He's been siphoning energy from not only earth but planets all over the galaxy. He's like level 51 now so he can turn into Super Aku or something. With a difference appearance and voice.

This, even Big Dick Genndy said it upfront years earlier that no one could replace Mako.

Eh it could have worked but the ending would lack closure and I'd imagine that the entire season would be about Jack recovering his will to continue his mission and resuming his never ending journey. No Aku, but rather his minions and other characters.

I had an idea that Aku started just having weird incarnations/avatars like some Asian gods do. Like "This isn't Aku but it's also Aku." It could be a cool way to work in different designs and shit but it would probably confuse the issue.

BALLS DEEP

That sounds like something Aku would do if he ever got bored.

This was probably the inception of the Daughters of Aku. A group of insane cultists worshiping a long gone evil makes more sense when the evil isn't alive and well and taking therapy lessons with himself.

Agreed, this is probably where the idea spawned from. Aku is no longer actively chasing Jack but his followers are just acting on his old orders or what they think he wants. Hell imagine if Aku had somehow regressed to his mindless forest self in those 50 years and that reveal was made in the climax had they not gone with the current route.

Laugh and accent are cool. Rest sucks.

>see-oh
...I guess Aku *would* pronounce it that way...

The whole joke is that they're treating Aku like this almighty deity and trying to get him to show himself to them again even though he's insane and his minions can just call him up.

That's what it became (which honestly is just as good if not a better idea), but we were just throwing theories of how it would have been had they not gotten Aku a new VA.

I honestly thought the big reveal was going to be Aku's been dead for a long time, but Jack is still stuck in the future.

First, thats you, and second, you suck.

Best thing is, it's realistic

Aku despite being funny, is still a major threat and WILL be serious if he has to,

We seen him do it before and he's not like other villains who give a fucking speech, Aku gets shit done

Aku is a Deity
He is just weaker because he is only an inch of his former self before Odin Ra and Vashu ganged banged his dark boipussy

It's not me. I'm abnormally monotone and my roommates at college made fun of me when I tried to do an impression of someone else because I'd end up just sounding exactly like myself still.

Aku kind of does that being a shape shifter

And just recently where he's talking to himself

Yes, exactly my point.

>Aku decides to """Dissappear""

>Cultists think killing Jack themselves would bring Aku back

>He's still there, his plan was to "wait it out" after destroying the time portals but that's not working

This is funny honestly

One thing I'd change is to have him laugh as he flies towards Jack, imagine a giant black cloud of Aku locusts all laughing in unison as they fly towards Jack, savoring the end of his 50 years of being harassed by the Samurai.

You can't possibly think the guy who did that Aku impression sounded monotone.

Don't forget
>He likely doesn't even remember ever visiting them because it was probably just another routine visit for him.

How do the Daughters of Aku not know where he is? Its not like people dont visit him all of the time. In fact they could just go to one of the mega cities and ask someone

They're retarded secluded cultists that aren't aware that Aku is a modern god and just think he'll magically appear one day before them if they please him instead of just doing the normal thing and scheduling a meeting with him while paying an appropriate tribute.

It'd defeat the point of hiding if anyone could just find out where he is. Surely there's a vetting process and the weird cult is excluded.

literal shit-people got an appointment with him

i think devoted assassins would be on the guest list

They're just going overboard with their offering. Shit people made a shit statue of Aku while they're trying to offer the head of his greatest adversary. I'm sure that if they had just become devoted craftswomen that made great sculptures of his greatness he would be pleased enough.

I thought it was gonna be that way, like he already broke Jack to a point where he wouldn't be bothered show up anymore.

They could have just said he went into hibernation somewhere the Samurai couldn't get to him while waiting for Jack to get old and die, then comes back in a different form when he wakes up.

Whose to say the beginning of episode 2 wasn't Aku waking up from a 50 year sleep

Regarding Baldwin, we've never actually heard him do many lines in the sort of tone Mako's Aku usually spoke in. No laughing and no bombastic gloating. You can hear a little bit of that in his lines from FusionFall, and he sounds better there. Maybe it'll turn out alright. Genndy apparently thought he was the best replacement of those he auditioned.

behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Samurai-Jack/Aku/

Doesn't make much sense because Aku can teleport.

There is no need to spend an entire episode to go somewhere.

The shut people were inhabitants of some planet that were trying to please and be subjugated to Aku. It was an embassy matter, this is why they needed an audience with Aku.

It's like the people from the niggas of thewater planet on the pilot,and the moths of the star wars episode.

I'm surprised these samples are still floating around.

That's a touch too kind. Baldwin's more of a professional than I am and I've not had any legit practice with Aku until roughly a few hours before I made that attempt. I don't have a static natural register since I've been consistently miming other voices I'm familiar with for roughly half my life. I excel at more eccentric vocalizations and iconic peaks. Trying to match Mako exactly would require time and dedication to a low tone in a really humid environment for me over an extended period of time.

Nope. Different user entirely. I'd know because I have the trips to prove it. Also, I'm more into self-deprecation as opposed to autofellatio if you catch my drift.

Mako's own family considered Baldwin's performance faithful to their fathers which is pretty high praise.

Nigga, it's AKU.
The Master of Hams
The Shogun of Flamboyance
The Deliverer of Drawn-out Gags

You better be shilling user, if not, go to a doctor, you're going deaf

>changing his voice and design
He should've given Aku a rong framing moustache to fit Jack's beard.

To be fair, that user's using a clip I made that had a certain context in a different thread. Luckily, it's still archived.

what if jack killed him but Aku also closed all the portals?

That way Jack would have actually saved the world but not his family.

>aku cant find jack
>yet cultists can
>but cultists cant find aku despite everyone knowing where he is

Would Brian Doyle-Murray (K'nuckles and Flying Dutchman) have made a good Aku?

that actually makes a lot of sense to me

It's basically the Minions of Set

We're definitely getting Aku fucking shit up at some point.

Aku probably filed a restraining order against the matriarch.

If Aku was a pirate god this season, sure.

Yeah but take it to the next level where he's changing personas. Possibly even treating them as different aspects of himself

depends how good his accent is

>implying this isnt the best Aku

youtube.com/watch?v=4V7jPzXg7eg

imagine this as the ending
>jack finds a reason to live again
>like one of the aku girls
>but then everyone he loves dies all in a row and he is devistated
>gets absorbed by aku so that the weapon of the gods is fused with pure evil
>goes straight up end of evangelion
>aku is defeated by jack realizing that he can still go on, even if those he cared about are gone
>he accepts he can never go back to the past but will do his part to make a better future
I see no reason why to depressed minds wouldn't share similar thoughts

Something about Aku mutating slowly back into his original form, but I'm not sure how that would work since he's shown no indication since his original incarnation to when Jack finds him in the future.

Two more forms of bullshitting would be to suggest during Jack's wandering someone else tried to take Aku down and did a similar mystic poison arrow thing, mutating his personality further.
Alternatively they could say Aku has been absorbing other creatures over time to bulk himself for his fight with Jack or the gods and that changed him.

Personally I hate all of these ideas. I know, I know, I know we have no choice but the grandeur of Mako Aku not getting a proper conclusion will never sit with me no matter what alternative we go for.

Binge watching S1-4 I can say that Aku's power to see Jack isn't consistent at all and Aku isn't even necessarily the greatest being on Earth. He calls himself Earth's master but there are still things that are above him.

If it makes you feel better we can pretend that in Jack's world you could say that there are areas that are more/less under his control. He displays the ability to see Jack in areas he has more control over.

Also keep in mind that Aku has been literally running from Jack this whole time. After 50 years he's probably gotten so paranoid and sick of Jack that he hopes he's fucking dead.

Kill yourself

Not having Aku at all would have felt too weird. I miss Mako, but I'm glad he's still in the show.

Everyone seems to be having fun with this. Is it too late for me to start from season 1? Should I just watch the highligt episodes or marthon all 5 seasons?

Watch the first season at least, that will give you a feel for the show. "Jack and the Traveling Creatures" may for important for the story later but who knows. "The Birth of Evil" episodes are some backstory but were kind meh. The other seasons/episodes can be watched basically randomly, watch or skip whatever you want. Season 5 seems to be a continuous story so far so watch that in order.

i don't think there is anything above aku except the gods, and any weapons forged by the gods

Go out of your way to watch the episode "Jack and the Haunted House". That episode is really, really good and my favorite.

a) watch all the episodes you pussy
b) pick one of the various watch lists posted here on this very imageboard
c) just watch the premiere movie and the birth of evil, you might miss a few references

episode in question youtube.com/watch?v=CY2QHNzvDn8

If they do know where Aku is, I'm guessing they're afraid of being dismissed. We've all seen how Aku treats most of his visitants; he either kills them or just plain despises them. They want to make a good impression to their god, so not until they serve him Jack's head on a plate will they appear before him.

That's what Genndy was originally planning.

Aku's castle teleports, I'm not sure who but I imagine he has a secretary or advisers who determine who sees him and when.

Which is why I was concerned when they let literal shit people into his personal domain in season 5. They had nothing to offer him, not material or amusement. They built a statue of shit. Why would Aku need a statue of shit?

Maybe whoever handles things retired and the new person fucked up or it was a prank. It's a shame he's too depressed to check, because someone should be fired for that. As in literally set on fire.

Can you imagine you're at work, someone lets in a hobo who just up and offers you his shit?

the shit people are really important, they handle all the shit
really helps when you have hundreds of megacities

honestly the new guy, Baldwin, is fucking terrible imo.

Now I'm just imagining their people happily swimming through hundreds of sewers soaking up feces, until they gather somewhere that smells fouler than every backed up public bathroom and portajohn combined.

I bet Frank Welker could have pulled off a more accurate Aku.

So more or less like that episode where Aku stole his sword?