Why didn’t Pa send Clark to get the dog?

Why didn’t Pa send Clark to get the dog?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>get your mother to safety

There. This thread is over.

Why did Jonathan Kent think Krypto the superdog needed his help?

Why didn't the Kryptonians fly 5 minutes further and terraform Mars?

Why did Clark save children?

You'll understand when you have kids

STOP INVINCIBLE HERO

Why did Clark destroy the guy's truck at the bar?

Why didn't Clark spin counterclockwise to cancel out the tornado?

>your mom is a dog

rude

Why didn't Clark freeze the tornado?

BECAUSE THIS AINT YO DADDYS SUPERMAN THIS ONE IS DARK

This is the scene that deserves the hate. "Don''t do it someone might see you" Bitch....do you know how fast I move?

>STOP MY INVINCIBLE SON

And Sup Forums will defend this shitheap of a movie

Because Earth already has a ton of convenient biomass to turn into a brand new Kryptonian civilization. In case you missed it, Zod gave not a single fuck about Earth life.

Also it was pretty much a death sentence to begin with. Had Clark went everyone would've seen him use his powers when it wasn't time.

he could have had clark get the dog, he could have had plenty of time to walk back over the hill, but he just decided to stand there and put his hand out like a retard.

i think he just wanted to die.

I consider MoS to be the greatest cape movie ever and my favorite superhero movie of all time and I still can't defend this scene. There is no way to do it. Clark could have just went and got him.

The way it should have been filmed should have been on a cliff or something where Clark would havr had to do something blatantly superhuman like fly or some shit like that.

Other than "stop invibcible son "MoS is GOAT

>years pass by
>people still dont understand basic scenes of this movies

Later his real dad on the ship will tell him "go find what you can do...make some experiments". Young Clark didnt even know how to manage his powers or what he can and cant do.

The whole point of the scene is the strong convinction his earth-dad has that if he want to live a normal life he need to act as a human and forget about his super strengh/powers bc otherwise he will be marginalized and treat like shit (VS Clark belief his powers could do some good and people will treat him as a human whatsoever).

Lol what?

The death scene in Donner Superman was so much better. His father just dies, nothing he or his powers could have done.

Martha. Just killed a man
Put my hands around his neck.
Twisted my wrist, now he's dead.

It was too windy and too much debris to see anything, nobody would notice anything

But in this movie the father's death is used as a plot device.

Why didn't Zod, a military genius, simply didn't come up with a way to protect the World Engine while it operated?

But this movie is garbage.

ummm sorry sweety but it’s not that we don’t get it. it’s that it’s just retarded.

He didn't realise how dangerous it was, thought there was no need to get Clark involved.

But these are not arguments

>says we don’t get it
>told we do but think it’s dumb
>LOL NOT AN ARGUMENT COVERING MY EARS LALALALALALALAALLA
Face it sweety, it’s a bad movie.

why exactly does earth need to be terraformed when superman lives there just fine

Which is fine, still stupid to not let his son rescue him, it's just a contrived plot point that works probably only in Snyder's mind. Why not making the same as the Reeve's one, Pa' Kent dies because his health is something that Clark can't fix, he realizes that he can't do anything or save anyone blah blah blah, no Clark, you're a hero, you let your father dies in front of you and you didn't move a muscle because he said no, there are minor chances that some redneck might see that you're faster than the normal so no, let me die. Fuck you Snyder.

There is nothing wrong if you dont like it. Fact you dont like it did not mean the movie is stupid.

"Son, maybe kids should die, but not a dog. You should always definitely save a dog."

This scene is retarded.

One thousand times this.

But he only died because 'muh leg stuck'

Clark could have ran back at normie speed and have made it

This scene.
Why didn’t they fire Zach Snyder after this scene.

Yeah, what's up with "No-will-to-do-stuff-man"?

He barely does things in his movie.

umm no sweetie, im afraid not. this movie is bad

Because Zack is a hack.

Because a lot of dumb critics who loved his Watchmeme movie defended him to death. I remember "the movie is good, it's you who don't understand/you are too dumb to get it."

Now look at the damage done to the DCEU. Thanks a lot guys.

>dude I don't understand this at all
>I'm a friggin genius
>therefore this movie is brilliant

happens every time

"Son I tried to save everyone but these are the limit of a human person"

"But I'm not human dad"

"If you want to pass as one act like one or your life will turn into a nightmare"

Add that Jon Kent is a simple minded FUCKING WHITE (cis, christian) MALE.
And that Clarck has no "superpower handbook" that explain him what he can do and how (go watch Homecoming if you like these kind of superheroes... Spidey has literally instruction manual for his powers)

Why didn't Synder just copy the 1978 version? It's a perfect way of showing superman not being able to save everybody.

>don't fix it if it ain't broke

youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU

I don't know oncologist...maybe that cancer should kill all those children in the cancer ward. Maybe we should just be like leaves blowing in the wind and put ourselves completely in the hands of a stochastic universe.

Because he need the plot device "what my dad think about me and my powers VS what I think about me and my powers"

That dialogue makes no fucking sense. Is that even in the movie or is it some shit you made up?

The movie tries to display having Superman's powers more a like a curse or something, but of course it fails miserably. How can being invincible, super strong and being able to fly a bad thing? Only a total imbecile would think like that. Sure the movie could have shown moments these powers were a burden to Clark, but the way the movie presents his childhood is like "fuck, he had it rough", but it's contrived as fuck because what he is (a handsome boy with superpowers) and what is shown don't match.

>Add that Jon Kent is a simple minded FUCKING WHITE (cis, christian) MALE.
Am I being trolled?

>dude they were stupid give them a break

I love this line of defense of MoS

>That dialogue makes no fucking sense. Is that even in the movie or is it some shit you made up?

Thats the only proof I need you're a Marlel shill so its pointless to continue this debate.

>dude anyone who doesn't follow my mental gymnastics headcanon is a shill lmao

I love self-reinforcing delusions

Were I implyied if you dont like MoS you're stupid or if you like Homecoming you're stupid?

Yeah, you're a troll. I'm not replying anymore.

>inb4 you just did, retard

The point was that his father didn't want him to be a hero because no matter how many people he saves he would be feared and rejected by humanity. Our way of life would be forever altered if his identity came out, the world would be cast into fear of this superhuman and others like him and all conventional moral systems would be called into question if people knew for a fact that not only is there nothing innately special about being human but our species is pretty much inferior in every way to another. A few peoples lives were not worth destroying the entire worlds perception of who we are. How do you not get this?

Because the point of the scene wasn't to show superman realizing he can't save everybody. It was trying to explain why superman is conflicted about who he wants to be, why he doesn't want to reveal what he truly is

Why didn't Ka-LEL just fart in the direction of the tornado to blow it away

>The point was that his father didn't want him to be a hero because no matter how many people he saves he would be feared and rejected by humanity.

That's not Superman, though. That's Dr. Manhatan, maybe. I don't care if Zack wanted to make his own superhero up, just don't call it Superman.

Also, why would Superman's presence be feared if he presents himself as an OK person who's there just to help humanity? Of course if Clark decides to trumple nations people will fear him, but is that so hard? Not being a dick? I mean, that's who he is anyway. It's better than telling your adopted son to HIDE AND LIVE IN FEAR.

ITT: people who didn't have the patience or common sense to wait a few seconds until the very next scene which explains that Pa Kent didn't want Clark to save him because that would expose his godlike powers to the world and cause the human population to react extremely negatively, would cause the governments to try to take him away, hurt him, essentially rob him of a humble, normal life which is what Pa wanted for him (the scene began with him talking to Clark about becoming a farmer) etc. the only reason earth accepted Superman when he did reveal himself is because earth was facing total extermination from Zod, had he revealed himself at the time when Pa Kent needed to be saved, the nightmare that the Kents had feared for years would have come to fruition.

We all understand that. What we're saying is that the scene is shit.

So why not just let the dog die?

Clark can move so fast time stands still, yet he's powerless to save both his father and the family dog.
BRAVO ZACK

"I commited suicide to teach you a lesson son."

Couldn't the movie just show us that without a fucking silly death?

>(go watch Homecoming if you like these kind of superheroes... Spidey has literally instruction manual for his powers)
And Peter STILL fucks it all up, and only manages to stop the Vulture once he learns to trust himself and not depend on anybody's approval or assistance. Nice job missing the entire point of the movie.

Because a scene has to be written to illustrate a crucial point in Superman's character. Sure, writing in the whole "NO SON STAY HERE I MUST SAVE THE DOG" thing is stupid, and Man of Steel isn't a perfect films without dumb moments, but it isn't anywhere near the narrative monster of frankenstein that people claim it is.

because Pa has to die. it's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

>Clark can move so fast time stands still,
That power wasn't established until Justice League, and for a dumb gag which lasted 10 seconds. I judge Man of Steel based on the rules and continuity founded within the movie and not several films later. In which Superman/Clark is still figuring out his powers and doesn't know what he's capable of. Hell, before he wears the suit he can't even fly.

>Why would the presence of an all powerful indestructible super alien scare people?
>If he is just super nice everyone will leave him alone
>The US government would never make it their unending goal to eliminate or control this kind of power

It's pretty convenient Kryptonians have identical physical forms to humans. He even happened to have the same skin tone as the people where his ship landed.

>Also, why would Superman's presence be feared if he presents himself as an OK person who's there just to help humanity?

Did you understand the simple fact he exist nullify the 3 monotheist religions who billions of people follows?

Christ why people are so dumb nowadays.

how the fuck did a tornado appear out of nowhere? The skies are clear when they're driving then all of a sudden a funnel cloud appears 100 feet in front of them

the entire scene is contrived as fuck for forced drama

This is for u

Clark could have save him by running just a little faster than an average man, resisting easily to the strong winds of a pre-tornado, free his dad just by appling some pressure while unnoticed since people would not notice him, then Pa' Kent would have a little mad at him because there were chances that people might have seen him, and later he would have to die anyway and Clark could've not saved him.
See? Point would be the same without a retarded scene.

man, watching this, you can really tell how much of a retard snyder is.

butchered so much good material for his jesus allegory shit

no it deserves the hate because it's instantly obvious no one involved has even lived in actual tornado country because even the most inbred retarded animal will survive a tornado better than any person and no one who lives where tornadoes show up would act as retarded as Pa Kent does in that scene

Thats the plot device to advance the main char (Peter) to his next stage (more advanced power suit with another instruction manual [as shown in infinity war trailer] and Avengers club card). You're dumb but dont worry you're in good company.

Johnathan Kent's death in MoS is meant to teach Clark about self-sacrifice and the greater good (Think kryptonite spear) and to have strong convictions, whether people agree with them or not (Jon believed his son's identity was more important than his own life, Clark doubles down on being a hero at the end of BvS even if it means losing his life).

You're welcome.

This. He didn't even need to use his super speed to save Pa Kent.

Negro, its readily apparent what the scenes were meant to be, the problem is what they actually were.

pa tells clark to never save anyone ever and just let people die and then cements this with ordering his invincible son to watch him die in a way that'd be effortless for clark to prevent.

You can headcanon till you're blue in the face, forcing botched scenes to be what they needed to be in order for the movie to function as a narrative at all, but it doesn't change the fact the scenes, as they were, didn't function at all and there is no functional narrative outside your skull.

I just love this scene

>Know what, i've seen enough of the DCU
>No, it's fine, just take your mother and go
>Just go. Dog's fine, I'm fine, really. It's okay

I liked the followup scene in BvS

>ya know son I saved the farm once but it killed all the horses, therefore never do anything ever, I miss ya son

The sole fact we're in (basically) 2018 and there is a thread discussing about MoS (2013) and no one gives a shit discussing about Thor 3 (2017) or any other Marlel movie (apart, of course, the new installment) tell you everything you need.

There’s no plants, animals, oxygen or water on mars.

they were going to kill all the plants and animals on earth and there is ice on mars, therefore oxygen and water.

>(more advanced power suit with another instruction manual [as shown in infinity war trailer] and Avengers club card).
And if he hadn't gone through that period in Homecoming where he needed to learn to be self-sufficient he woudn't know that in case everything else fails--like his fancy Stark-made suit--he can still 100% trust his superpowers alone because he's matured as a hero. The super suit doesn't negate Peter as a hero, it simply enhances his abilites. Underneath all of it he's still extremely capable and Homecoming was all about that learning process.

And won't simply join the Avengers, as if he had changed his mind after Tony's invitation, he'll obviously be forced into battle due to Thanos' arrival.

>dude the fact we're still discussing how shit this movie was means it was better than movies that were already forgotten

>I dont like this particular scene in the movie

Fine.

KEK

>dude muh dad was scared and stupid so i want to be too
>i'm a good son

I'm fine with this retarded version of Parker you seem to enjoy (and thats none of Parker in the comics). Why you aren't fine with Snyder version of Clark?

reminder if clark hadn't spent 30 years doing nothing, he would have been better equipped to handle zod

mentioning this cause violent autistic ree'ing from dcucks

There's a lot more freedom in adjusting marvel characters than there is in adjusting superman. You can make parker a loser or a winner, a nerd or a jock, hot or not, white or black, and anything in between, and still have a strong case for the character to be peter parker and spiderman.

Trying to make superman more realistic/grounded results in a different character. As the character is defined by his unreality.

>The fact we're still debating if this movie is a shit or not it's better than everyone agree there is not to discuss about marlel shitty movies

fixed for pic related

You mean the movie is shit, but autistic shitskins have attached to it.

show superman realizing he can't save everybody
Then why not let pa Kent die in a way where it would be literally impossible for Clark to save him?

>I'm fine with this retarded version of Parker you seem to enjoy
All of your previous replies imply the opposite.

>(and thats none of Parker in the comics)
The reason why I enjoy it is because in my opinion Marvel managed to create a version of Peter that manages to be pretty distinct from Raimi and Webb's while still conveying the same key points of Peter's personality in a compelling way, while not needing to delve into the same tired origin story we've seen twice in less than a decade. I know it's not verbatim from the comics but personally, I don't mind it.

>Why you aren't fine with Snyder version of Clark?
I haven't made a single comment about the scene in the OP. I was just lurking until I read your original Spider-Man reply.

C'mon man MCU Spiderman has hot milf aunt May and no uncle Ben (a core character for Parker development)

You're trying too hard.

you're a pussy bitch faggot. if i had superpowers when i was a kid i would have told my parents to fuck off and been an ultra chad
"Don't do that"
and they would do what exactly to stop me? yea thats what i thought you retarded capeshitter. off my fucking board.

So this peter parker is bad because he isn't a dipshit and needs uncle ben to die in order to figure out that he can do good?

Confusion may happen in an anonymous discussion.

Reminder that if they had just not made predatory dinosaurs then Jurassic would have been safe

Reminder that if humans hadn't invented sky net then there would be no terminators

Reminder that if people just stayed out of the water then the shark in Jaws couldn't do shit

Reminder that if characters never made any mistakes in movies then there would never be conflict