YOU GET TO MAKE A CARTOON

YOU GET TO MAKE A CARTOON.
ANY CARTOON.
You wanna make a shitpost about how you'd have a cartoon about naked catgirls you go right ahead-

But really, GIVEN THE MONEY. The time, the animators, the AUTHORITY, what would you do Sup Forums?
Really, deep down in your heart, what TV-MA children's show monstrously would you release upon the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mnUvZP7-5LM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More erotica than you could imagine

Either
Something that takes place in a world of non-euclidean geometry designed by top mathematicians with the intention of unlocking the mental potential of viewers who aren't driven insane in the process.
or
Something that panders to my fetishes.

This.

Funny you should make this thread, just was fishing for ideas and advise for a cartoon me and my team want to make,

Why not both?

Reanimate every episode of the Simpsons with Family Guy characters, and give them the voices from Bobs Burgers. Just to piss people off.

Megg Mogg and Owl the realest showest show

I don't have any concrete idea but I've been waiting to use the title Thrash St8 for a while

Maybe a skating cartoon drawn in fisheye perspective for it's entirety

Semi-educational sci-fi space opera aimed at 8 year olds featuring robot philosophy and sickass musical numbers

Because I'm not floor tiles man.

A anthro wild western with a bit of fantasy.

"We want the audience that thought the darkest parks of BoJack Horseman were too uplifting."

"Say now more!"

user that's dark Morel Orel tier.

I'd do Phantom Tollbooth the right way. I love me some Chuck Jones, but he really fucked that one up.

A anthro wild western mixed with fantasy and a hint of a Coen Bros feel.

I'd make the Buffy the Vampire Slayer animated series that almost got made.

youtu.be/mnUvZP7-5LM

All episodes center around a baddie of the week format, focusing on the S1 - S3 Buffy that took place in high school. Complete lack of real story or character development until a certain point in the series where the characters start realizing that they're basically repeating the same adventures week after week, just with a different threat, and also a slow realization that they've already BEEN to high school and the world they're in is like some kind of watered down parody of their real lives.

Basically, the whole series is like a single episode of the tv show. They've been trapped in an alternate reality of their own histories and have to figure out how to break out of it. Slowly reintroduce elements from the original tv show, finally build up to a series finale where they have to fight some kind of elder gods that basically represent the creators of the animated series, whose motivations were to force the Scoobies back into their prime for the baddies' enjoyment.

Pirates of dark water is back on air you guys.

this would indeed really annoy me

I wonder how did you came up with it

It's perfect. Motel Orel was also perfect so making it darker is just perfect dark.

Bring back The Book of Virtues as a Hard-MA mythology and fantasy epic with Jon Schnepp

autistic naked catgirls that shit on each other's chests

I feel like I would try to make an action show but since I have no experience and action shows are hard as hell to make I would just make another comedy for adults.

>A superhero with the power to manipulate and control money using his mind.
>In an alternate universe, music is a powerful weapon that's able to cause harm to others. A war is being waged between the factions of Classical and Rock, resulting in the a scrambling for alliances on both sides. Each episode would focus on one of the two sides attempting to recruit or conquer other factions in order to take control of the world. Weapons are blended with instruments as multiple musical stylings are used to fight using the same (liscensed) song as the set piece. Other recurring factions would include Disco, Rap, and Country.
>A local theater troupe attempt to reenact classic films and plays on a shoe-string budget with terrible actors.
>A documentary meets fitness program that showcases fighting styles used throughout history and around the world, detailing how they began and how the viewer can replicate them.
>A family of reptilians attempt to integrate into human society, with little success.
>In the future normality is hailed above all else. After a particularly stressful day a "normal" boy is sent to a reeducation camp for freaks and monsters. Now he has to cheat his way through the impossible tests and standards to prove his normality, all the while trying to make friends in the prison of a school.

1- Force them to remake Steven Universe. TV-MA rating, no pussy footing around the whole "sexual implications" bullshit. Full frontal nudity, lesbians out the ass. Actual, defined fucking. Fucking go all in with the sex and the violence, no half assing it. Give Steven something ACTUALLY to cry about. Like people getting their shit fucked. Real death, real consequences. No "de-rezzing" cop outs. Speaking of which-

2- Finish fucking Tron. Let the original team do what they want and bump up the rating allotment to have them the free reign to pursue whatever they want.

3- A "Twilight Zone" animated series. Every episode is animated by a different group or person, each with a unique look tailored to the story. Air it on HBO or Adult Swim or something.

4- "Hill to the King", a 90 minute animated special of King of the Hill. The only premise?
"DALE WAS RIGHT." That's all you need to know about the plot.

SOLD. Your flight to Japan is in a week.

I'd make season seven of the Venture Bros.

I'd fashion three different Valve animated experiences, Portal TV show, TF2 series for Adult Swim and side story for Half Life.

Also a Dead Space animated series.
For kids.

It's like planet of the apes only with big dicked futanari instead of apes and most people are happier this way there's one last enclave of masculine men who refuse to become sissy cumdumps and it's about their final stand before being enslaved and made into public meat toilets, also the symbol of their resistance is beards which are forbidden by the futa overlords because it makes their male pets look too rugged and not fuckable

I would start a TF2 animated series and cancel it after the second episode.

I unironically want to make a high fantasy series. The whole package: prose from and ideas from nethack, dominions, dorf fortress, d&d, shotouts, references and a bitching prog rock soundtrack

A big idea would be off air content. Stuff like bad ends to arcs hosted in social media sites, promotional art parodying art and album covers, end of arc additionals detailing other aspects of the lore and lots of stuff.

The core ideas would be presentation and mystery. Tell as little as possible to ensure people feel the awe of the characters as they meet things and beings beyond tge understanding of smelly peasants and amateur murderhobos

You son of a bitch

>3- A "Twilight Zone" animated series. Every episode is animated by a different group or person, each with a unique look tailored to the story. Air it on HBO or Adult Swim or something.
I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been done already. It would be fucking amazing.

Hell yeah, actually

1 is basically:
>I fap to gems but wanna fit on Sup Forums

Something happy and uplifting enough that it makes me feel less depressed
Would probably be a series of shorts similar to Liz Climo's comics

You can't tell me that ripping all the "precious interpretative subtext" away from them would be fantastic to watch.
"Oh they're agendered space rocks"
PFAHAHAHAAAAAAA
No. Fuck you, say it, SHOW it. Stop being pussies about it and just BRING IT.

Once I get my main pet project out of the way I'd make a spirtual successor to Megas XLR.

>The year is 2004
>A wannabe broadway star fresh from college washes back up in their shitty hometown with their other slacker friends
>that night a meteor crashes into his backyard
>it's the first piece to a ridiculously huge mecha, with the cockpit still intact
>followe by a few hundred different meteors crashing over town
>almost everyone in town has a giant robot
>cue crazy cross between slacker slice of life a la Clerks and batshit insane shonen bullshit in a town where anyone could have a giant robot
>Designs include references to everything from Macross to Gurren Lagann to NGE to Pacific Rim
>Overall plot about the exaggerated death of small town shithole America

Didn't this project end up being a huge shit show?

As cool as that would be it wouldn't change much. The real value would be putting more competent animators and storyboarders to really being the high concept visions to life with tight as shit pacing and fantastic visuals.

A PROPER FUCKING BERSERK ADAPTATION

It's like harry potter mixed with dbz
there's lots of weird unexplained magic shit
lots of fancy clothes
and the main character is two people in one body

An absolute clusterfuck, yes.

>high concept visions to life with tight as shit pacing and fantastic visuals.

You're playing it down is amusing.

I'd make MC Chris' cartoon for him.

That hobo adventures one I've been mentioning in a bunch of cartoon ideas threads.

More as a plot but here goes
>a couple break up and a restraning order is put down. Years past and they see each other and they both agree that what happened was wrong.

Haven't done my research yet, just popped off the top of my head

animated version of Arthas's life from when he was a kid to his demise atop ice crown.

i was about to make a cartoon, but it cancelled because of budget

(sfmbe) it was basically slice of life looking cartoon that actually has a storyline that mostly about minor caracters. basically there are 3 kinds of caracters first heroes, anti-heroes, and vllains. but they are not funny enemies of each other. deep inside they are all evilish

Slice-of-life cartoon set in a "school for main characters", with students of different shows (battle, card game, slice of life) ranked based on their talent/capability and bestowed equivalent titles and privileges.

Character 1 is an S-ranked 'protagonist' student - he joins different clubs to escape the general chaos of challenges and school drama. Character 2 is an F-ranked 'background extra' student - he joins different clubs to find a purpose and future career before graduation. Character 3 is a B-ranked 'side-character' student - she funnels supplies to students as well as clubs and exploits school politics to try and work her way into the elite student council.

I'm sick of dark shit so I'd make something optimistic and anti-sentimental.

they are all seek power. there are 2 protagonists first is a girl that friends with the main "hero". but not with his team. second and pro. is a 29 years old unemployee man who is big brother of girl's crush (one of the anti-heroes)

I want geode pussy

it is really optimistic tho. its like powerpuff girls. it has gore, monsters and everyting but with rainbows and sunshine

Basically "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" if it was a cartoon.

neopets animated series

ok, sothis "hero" guy has awesome adventues they are living in a soome kin of modern fantasy world. mostly about absurd comedy.

so that antihero guy and hero gets in a small fight because of this girl. while this happening,
it gets another antihero caracter who is obsessed with" logic and rasyonalism"'s attention. ill call this second antihero guy "st"

Marvel animated universe set before movie synergy.

you are right. i was thinking just this movvie while creating one. but ugly caracter is more like villain from secon movie instead of tuco

>TF2 animated series

Just make a miniseries about the comics.

They're already the most perfect storyboard an animation team could want.

I've said if before and I'll say it again, giant robot wrestling league.

so this "st" guy beats the shit out of "hero" caracter. then slovly our antihero becomes one of the friends of "st". "st"' is also some kind of friend with school bully. this bully person is really different since the land is based on my country. our bullies are not like yours. so in first season they'll save this bully guys ass and meeting other caracter. (btw girl protagonist has its own but unimportant story. as i said all of this will happen in the backside of this story) in the middle of first season theyll find a magic lamd but that jinn is a hippie. so it wont help our antiheroes.

one of the adventures "st"will find a "magical" sword. but the sword will choose hero (like thors hammer thing) "st" guy will say nothing since he has no quarrel with it.

I do have an idea but its something i legit wanna do and im scared people would steal my idea.
But if i did have the money i would bring back any animated show that never got a conclusion.i hate that shit.Comedy shows like ppg should stay dead but stories that never got finished like samurai jack must come back.
Like seriously i would even bring back shit shows.If they had a story that wasnt finished they are back.
The first one would be WOY.I want that hater backstory so bad.

after that happens just like real life
so their school is almost 200 years old, after they find sword, the bully guy will try to destroy school and build a shopping center middle of it. they'll try to convince that bully guy but it wont work. so saint says "hero" "use your sword lets destroy them". but hero guy will say "that's illegal. " so they'll want jinn's help but jinn says "no". bully guy destroys the school, and "st" and the "antihero" guy burries jinn's lamb on destructon site. end of first season.

(people who workshipped with "st" will somehow steal hero's sword and they'll give it to "st")

what the fuck am I reading right now

after that is a little complicated, because all the caracters are different places since school is destroyed. no one knows where hero is, girl protagonist and anti-hero goes to another school, "st"'s guys becames some kind of new community. bully guy is now rich, and lots of important carcaters that i didnt wrote here became more forefront in second season like such as "michael" (some kind of con-artist), "vagabond" (every kind of crime doer), "barbarossa" (a guy who will became girl protagonist's bf only because "antihero" and "st"'s attitude against him)

Adaptation of Kurt Busiek's chronological take on Conan the Barbarian. Make sure i hit every Howard story, work it in to a tight timeline with growing continuity.

I'd start it out with an hour and a half movie of Born on the Battlefield, followed by a season opener of The Frost Giant's Daughter, and then we are off to the races. There are so many distinct and varied "eras" in Conan's life that would make for very natural, organic seasons. Spend a season or two focusing on Conan the thief, his time as Amra the Lion alongside BĂȘlit, etc., all the way up to King of Aquilonia. If the show is still successful to that point, then fuck it man we'll follow Conan to the grave.

Fantasy Western setting, three characters we follow.

The first character is a woman who has a key that can open anything, as long as she knows what's inside of it. Her episodes are murder mystery.

The second character is a gambler with a key that can open anything as long as he owns what's inside. His episodes are con games.

The third character is the villain of the piece with the ability to perfectly disguise themself and a key that can open anything as long as they kill/destroy what's inside. They were tricked into freeing the other two characters in the past, and is compelled to wander the land trying to assassinate them. This character's episodes are horror.

When two characters are in the same episode, it becomes a mix of the two genres.

I amuse myself by writing plots for this in my head, and never setting any of it down.

I'd either make the books I'm writing into a series, or I'd want to make a Lovecraftian themed show.
I don't think there's enough Lovecraft media

>SPACE
>WESTERN
>ALIEN
>WAIFUS
>IN
>SPACE

>1- Force them to remake Steven Universe. TV-MA rating, no pussy footing around the whole "sexual implications" bullshit. Full frontal nudity, lesbians out the ass. Actual, defined fucking. Fucking go all in with the sex and the violence, no half assing it. Give Steven something ACTUALLY to cry about. Like people getting their shit fucked. Real death, real consequences. No "de-rezzing" cop outs. Speaking of which-
Throw in some Murdercock and I'm sold

i would narrow it down to these:

Age of Apocalypse (how it began, depicting the avengers, FF and spider man getting killed before large portions of humanity were genocided, beast turning to apocalypse, etc)

David and the Phoenix

Rendezvous with Rama (the entire quadrilogy)

The Silmarillion (and other Tolkien stuff)

Aesop's Fables

Slice of Life. Ghosts living in a ghost world. They sometimes go over to the human world to mess with people or get up to other ghostly mischief. Some episodes are about that, but others take place completely within the ghost world, which is vast and always changing. Everything's really surreal and progressive rock.

>I do have an idea but its something i legit wanna do and im scared people would steal my idea.

Nobody on this board has the drive to make your idea, even you.

Not trying to make a sick burn; I'm in the same boat bud.

Remake Avatar: The Last Airbender and sell the end game ships to the highest bidder.

I want to make a wrestling cartoon thats just like you are watching A wrestling show like raw or smackdown.

There would be full matches, backstage segents, fueds, very little segments of the wrestlers in real life maybe stuff like one wrestler tries to become a youtube star or female wrestler makes a sex tape.

Wrestlers would be pushed on how much rule34 or fanart i find of them or just lurk Sup Forums and see who is really popular.

I would hold contests maybe a couple of times where fans could submit thier own wrestlers and I could incorporate them into the show as jobbers of course not unless that character gets really popular.

I dont think I would want to incorporate IRL wrasslors or even make characters that are just archetypes of Real life wrasslors. maybe as just use real life wrestlers as guest voice actors.

Honestly?

An eleven year old boy is given a cybernetic glove one day and told that he is the last hope to stop a nigh powerful inter-dimensional threat from taking over the world. Six years later the war still rages on and the little boy has turned into a wandering vagabond fighting demons, aliens and monsters wherever they may be.

It's not a deconstruction or nearly as dark as the war wages on part would make it sound out to be. It would just be this sort of hopeful story about this crazy superpowered kickboxer who genuinely wants to save people and goes around fighting evil because it's who he is.

There would be heavy themes of I guess honor and just being a good man, of being brave and person in the face of just shit odds.

Real Robot war story. No UNDERSTANDING, just people trying to not get themselves killed.
Shove a couple of kids into deadly war machine cockpits, all good fun.

You've gotta have an episode that's specially asks "Who's the retard that put CHILDREN IN GIANT ROBOTS."

>tfw you've been boarding a cartoon all day and will have to not sleep through the night or tomorrow to make the due date for this and another cartoon
>this being an independent cartoon with no budget you're trying to pump out by next month and potentially serialize
>take a break
>see this thread

Man you don't need shit to make a cartoon except paper, a computer, and a tablet for cleanup. Get fucking gimp and opentoonz and audacity and fucking do it, you don't need money or authority to make animation these days, animation is piss easy to learn and it all comes down to illustrative technique. Especially if you're doing limited animation instead of trying to be some disney wannabe that pumps out one cartoon every decade.

Im just tired, man, I'm making the cartoons I wanna see, it's some horror comedy evil dead shit, and another one that's basically samurai jack cowboy bebop gorillaz. Fuck selling your soul to some shit studio that'll turn it into stoner comedy or baby programming, fuck even having that as a realistic expectation. You make your own damn thing with your own damn time and money or you get a bunch of studio bullshit that isn't worth anyone's time.

I apologize if this comes off like unrelated rambling, I'm chugging on caffeine and op's wording rustled me somehow.

Honestly, probably just Earthbound but in a more sci-fi/kinda cyper punk setting. Bunch of 11-13 kids who find something that threatens humanity and do their best to stop it. Maybe be more serious then earthbound though.

Every night when I go to bed I think about this idea. I've developed entire lore, backstories, arcs, weapons, and terminology. I don't know what scares me more, the fact I can never do it or that people would probably think its shit.

I'd made it about butts.

You got keijo

Probably the same retard who got all the fighting aged men killed.

I'd force Genndy and Craig to both make new shows for Cartoon Network, and force them to dedicate themselves to the channel and never abandon it again. As long as whatever they make is quality, I don't give a shit what it's about.

>google keijo
top kek.

chineees cartoons amirite guys

The West has a very pathetically small amount of giant robot series. That needs to change.

So a series about teens that find pink and purple giant robots hidden underneath their home town that are each powered by a positive emotion. Friendship, Joy, Sharing, Caring, and Love. Together they fight the evil Glarbons that come to Earth to steal all the happiness from the humans.

mecha is boring

There has never been a single good mech show. Seriously, not one.

You fool! You'll awaken all the Megas and Evangelion fags at the same time!

I welcome their autism.

Can they be a giant robot Pony, Rabbit, Cat, Butterfly, and Dolphin?

..that combine to make mechaloli with laser shooting metal pigtails?

I guess my crappy passion project. But since I'm a bit "donut steal" about it...

I guess a trad-ani version of harry potter, stretched over over a hundred episodes. The plot would probably be altered so the school seems much more cruel, dumbledore is more of a villain, and the kids try in secret to take down voldemort.
Also, I'd get rid of the love triangle bits. I've never actually read the books secretly.

I make a show about tumblr shippers bombing hospitals and retirement homes over relationshit.

A few short expiremental series with contained stories and a clearish ending in the style of Over the Garden wall, maybe 10-20 episodes each. They'd all probably be furfag stuff too. Its a cheap and easy way to add more archtypes to characters.

Why not just have more fun by creating a show with massive amounts of sexual tension and then pair them all of with offscreen significant others.

A cartoon about the drunken adventures of fratboy wizards partying hard with old school Heavy Metal-style art.
Animal House meets Earthsea. Shit would be great.

Added bonus: Make the all the sexual tension homo and all the offscreen relationships straight.

Keijo is the greatest shonen of our time and you will treat it with proper respect, user.

Basically some day for no reason a whole bunch of people are given varying superpowers, mostly somewhat one note but many powerful as fuck. But instead of focusing on that it follows society's collapse into genocide martial law and many revolutions