Peaky Blinders

What do you say we have a little Peaky Blinders thread? I never see this show discussed.
How are you liking the new season so far?
Polly is a fucking cunt, and what the fuck is the deal with Adrien Brody playing the most stereotypical goddamn italian mobster of all time despite not having a drop of italian blood in him?

>Polly is a fucking cunt
Agreed. Didn't she betray Tommy once already? I hope she gets killed.

I really liked the first two episodes, this one was weaker. Too many filler sex scenes.

If I liked Boardwalk Empire would I dig this show?

[LOUD, SHITTY ROCK MUSIC INTENSIFIES]

be sure to make this thread again the week before the finale drops because i'll have binged it by then. until then i am fucking off.

binged season two and three over a weekend just a few months ago after seeing the pilot season live with Sup Forums. the showrunner's aesthetic grows on you, and it was one of the earliest works in either television or film of this century to revive the 1915-30s period as a lively setting

It’s bollocks but highly enjoyable, more like sons of anarchy than boardwalk empire

Well, she betrayed him with the whole drunken suffraggette shit she pulled with the other women. In general though she's been a nuisance for ages.
I have a massive problem with the music in the show, even if I generally like PJ Harvey and Nick Cave a lot. It just doesn't suit the show. I wished it was more suited to the time period

Yeah. I don't like how they set her up as magically "indispensable" to Tommy without really explaining why she's so brilliant at managing the silly men even though she's never actually shown it. And she's someone who would betray her own blood.

I know, it's just been explained away by how she "was in charge for five years while the men were away at war". Also, I really feel like the whole thing with Michael was sort of ham-fisted. He just joins the family and is almost immediately a big part of the operational aspect of it?

>Also, I really feel like the whole thing with Michael was sort of ham-fisted.
I have only seen episode 1 of the new season so far, but my impression was that Michael is a very intelligent kid and Tommy sees value in that.

like halfway through s3 now, liking it a lot.
>that pic
why does tommy have a german submachine gun that was never even mass-issued in the war and they only made a couple thousand of

the music is good

Well sure, but I feel his entry in the second season was a bit rushed

I haven't seen any of S3 yet, did they make it to Nootka?

It was Nootka all along, hmm.

>why does protagonist display privileges denied to the common man of his era and station
it's the propmaster showing off. make up a backstory if you like. Tommy the elite sapper killed a sturmtruppen trying to assault his tunnel. Or Tommy's illicit exporting business got him a supplier in the German black market of the interregnum.

So far:

>ep1 9/10

- great opening
- great ending

>ep2 10/10

- every fookin scene was great (specially head or tail scene and suit-talk scene)
- pure kino

>ep3 5/10

- boring
- why would they bring Tommy's love affair when he was teenager
- and after why would he had sex with the Whore (I thought he was devasted after Grace loss)
- Arthur magically killed two pro-gunmen
- I don't like Michael's 'Who's my favourite mommy thing
- trash music
- these whole 'women in charge' thing (I watch it because it's a male kino)
- in last scene was just a copy from last episode (acting, dialogues etc.)

Really liked the christmas episode. One of my favourites.

Hes got mp28 not mp18

>nine barrels

fookin ell m8

>pro-gunmen
They were just italian mafiosos.

I agree with your ranking over-all. This was a pretty weak episode.
This show sometimes brings the "men think with their dick" point to an absurd level.

I agree completely, the music is one of the biggest turn offs for me. I get that only period music works better on a show such as BE, and their portrayal of the glitz and glamour of 1920's Atlantic City. But nothing but rock songs makes it come across as a Guy Ritchie film or something.

I love this show, I cant help, For the first few episodes I could not get used to Tomy, his face is too petite for a gangstabadass. Arthur playing emotional old bother is pretty good.

and Alfie Solomons 10/10

bumping thread with some tommies

>nothing but rock songs makes it come across as a Guy Ritchie film or something.
And a poor one at that.
Alfie is a great character, and I think Hardy plays it very well. I loved every one of his confrontations with Tommy

yea but they were mafia 'soldiers'. and they fired like 10 times and missed (Arthur was standing like 10m away).

hmmm this

Is Nootka good? I never got to it when it aired

It's alright. Pretty fucking slow though so it turns off most viewers. If you're the type who wants action every episode or so then it won't be the show for you.

Setting is nice, but the script is sonic fanfiction tier.
Tom Hardy is a tophat wering, dark past heaving, karambit wealding, sister fucking 4D chess player whos always 44 steps ahead of generic villains and fucking americans.

Nothing particularly unrealistic about that.

Not at all, I prefer more dialogue than action, really
Sounds both shit and cool. I like Tom Hardy and I want to take part in the memes, so I'll probably check it out

This. It started off promising and never delivered. Show peaked in the first 3 or 4 episodes and ended up being really forgettable.

Giving it too little credit there. Boardwalk Empire on half the budget with some SOA-style posturing.

The first two episodes of S4 were tense as fuck, this one not so much until the end. Finale of series 2 is still the pinnacle of this show.

>and what the fuck is the deal with Adrien Brody playing the most stereotypical goddamn italian mobster of all time despite not having a drop of italian blood in him?
What is the deal with Cillian Murphy playing a Brummie Romany without a single drop of gypsy blood?

Fair enough. I have never met a Brummie or a Brummie Romany so I have no idea what they're like, but I feel Brody's portrayal is more like a stereotype sandwich smashed together. Granted, I have never met an Italian cosplaying christian from New York either

>bong education
That´s a muzzle brake; a bullet only exits through the middle hole.

Pistols have terrible accuracy. Shoot one some time and find out for yourself.

u took the b8 m8 stand tall

You just suck at shooting soyboy