Beard or No Beard?

Anyone here actually prefer him with the beard? I honestly wish he'd had it from the start, fucking cool looking

every Sup Forums man looks better with a beard, that's how science works

Most men just look better with beard

Before anyone gets on my ass I said MOST

groovin' babe

I prefer with beard.
But then I too am bearded, so perhaps I'm biased.

But he does just look better. Looks like a proper warrior surviving in a "forsaken time," not just some clean shaven, basket wearin', milk drinkin' etc. etc.

a man isn't a man without a beard

This whole face shaving thing is just part of the feminist agenda to neuter our culture's males.

We should all start growing our beards out in protest

I typically date guys without a beard because it's my preference, but hot damn, Jack with a beard is heavenly and has converted me to beards. I wish it hadn't been cut last episode. Don't think it would've been a good idea for him to have it from the start of the series, since Samurais don't have them.

I've spent a good hour or two getting high quality screenshots from the episodes I downloaded and am using them as wallpapers.

10/10 beard/mane combination.

You know I wasn't crazy about the front scruff but I am GROOVIN on the mane

We need more protagonists with beards across the board. For the last like 30 years, anyone with facial hair was either an authority figure or a villain. Sometimes both.

>tfw If I knew how the new Jack looked I could have been him for Halloween
Too bad I'm donating my hair soon

He looks more punished with a beard.

i'm with you, good chum
and i always liked it when his hair came loose. it's not like i hate the topknot but it should have bulged out more at the side and in the knot, like the real thing, instead of looking like a utonium crewcut with another triangle on top.

Whenever his hair came loose on the original series, it was a nice treat. Now we get to enjoy that treat all the time, and somehow, it won't get boring or tiring and I'm loving it.

I always assumed he couldnt grow a beard. i mean he is a japanese.
i also assume he can't drink milk
close. it's part of the gay agenda to juvenilize our males, going all the way back to the romans. i strongly suspect they're also behind the whole thing where you get called a pedo for liking young-looking girls.
that's how it works. it's a double-standard, yeah, sorry older ladies, but that's nature. we're potentially fertile for a century, you have 30 years max.

wow i didnt notice it was cut at all.
if it's anything like his gi though it'll grow back just fine. i remember that episode where he breaks a hanao on his geta and searches for replacement footwear.. it's like.. just end the episode and start a new one, they'll come right back

don't do it, user. grow it 10 additional inches then donate those, keeping the rest.

>This whole face shaving thing is just part of the feminist agenda to neuter our culture's males

You ever heard of nu-males?

Yeah the second episode when they're scuffling in the forest, one of the girls manages to slice it with a sword. Now it's this short.

Wait, how does Jack keep such a close shave all the time?
Does he use his sword?

it bugged the hell out of me how it kept jumping from back to grey

Yeah same, I'm wondering if they were doing it artistically on purpose? Because after it got cut, every close-up shot it became greyed out (for the most part). Wish it would've stayed black throughout.

But I can't do another summer with this mop

put some pigtails and you have a sick zappa cosplay

Would Aku look good with a beard instead of a goatee?

its so you can tell where his beard stops and his hair begins

probably so they don't have to put weird outlines around his beard in closeup shots like this. otherwise it might just blend into each other and look worse

someone should shop it to black to see because l can't be bothered doing it

>GREAT FLAMING BEARD
yes

I'm drunk enough, give me a second

beard

YES YOU WILL

It does give him a wandering Ronin Yojimbo look that helps contrast his questing Samurai thing from his early day, but I don't think he needs it.
I'd say my preference is beard though.

Jesus Christ, why are you on Sup Forums.

There ya go

Just to hang out I guess
Not even joking tho I was Jesus last Halloween instead

>heaven and earth
kek

The trimmed beard he now has is elder god-tier. Episode 1 beard was great too but shorter beard is perfect.

I want to find jack in the river, patch him up, and cuddle him to keep his body temperature up while he heals, play on I call you playing with his beard while he sleeps..

Then when he's half healed in a few days the remaining Daughters come in the night and kill me just as I'm bringing Jack his dinner, and Jack has no time to mourn me, and he's too desperate and traumatized overall to even get battle-mad about my death, but I'm in the background of his next PTSD hallucination.

That's kind of why I thought artistic choice. Good idea, if I have time between writing research papers and browsing too many Samurai Jack threads, I'll take a shot at it.

Cuddling and protecting Jack is everyone's wet dream who watches the show these days. Fuck, just look at him.

Jack doesn't seem to want to protect Jack

>feels bad

Suffering Jack is the best Jack.

Samuraï beard

>Jesus christ, those eyes

Have a quick edit.

Thanks, kind user. Damn, that still looks decent in my opinion. Oh well.

no beard with hair down>unkept beard and long hair>>>>>>>>traditional look tied up in a bun (default)

After season 5 I kind of realize that the bun look was the worst look and I'm surprised that the stuck with it through 4 seasons. Probably because they didn't want to bother wasting time animating his hair I guess.

What would Jack look with a beard and pull back hair.

Probably like that.

Honest to god, hair bun Jack really is a lame design. I was watching older episodes earlier today I really feel the entire show could have had long hair (and beard) jack and it could have been amazing.

Chuck Norris approves of the beard.

My idea is that they wanted Jack to have a clean, rough-edged look to go along with his straight-edge justice, do-gooder personality. Unfortunately, with stereotypes, a beard and long, flowy hair doesn't get that message across for most people.

But yeah, without the bun he's amazing. And def was easier to animate.

But then it wouldn't portray the cute and innocent Jack.

No ya goofs it was a visual shorthand to emphasize the samurai-ness of Samurai Jack. A man who, even though he had been flung through a portal in time to a future where Aku's evil was law and was a hunted fugitive, never compromised his integrity or wavered from his righteous mission. Punished Jack's wild unkempt hair and shaggy beard is also a visual shorthand to how the past five decades have broken his will.

Oh mb, didn't post the gif. From the episode with the mountain monks.

He's adorable with a beard

>Honest to god, hair bun Jack really is a lame design.

It really kind of is, once you reflect back on it.
Even something like a longer ponytail would've been better, but it's logical to to assume that they went for the bun hairstyle for budget and animation reasons.

yeah in one of their interviews they say something like "we try hard to style our designs so to avoid having to use outlines to improve visual clarity"

That episode was so fucking adorable. Watching him fidget around a woman and taking naps was amazing.

I like the beard too but it's good he didn't have it from the start

The unkempt beard and hair help show how far Jack has lost it

>"we try hard to style our designs so to avoid having to use outlines to improve visual clarity"

yeah thats one of the things l love about the samurai jack art style, nothing has a solid outline like in other cartoons of the time which really makes everything pop

Cartoons look hand-drawn and colored in, samurai jack looks like someone painted it (pretty sure all of the backgrounds in the first 4 seasons are all paintings)

When he finally obtains his sword again, he's going get the old robes back, shave the beard, and tie the hair back again

Guarantee it

what's the odds that somehow Ashi recovers the sword for him?

It's really kinda cute and endearing seeing how awkward and shy he is around women in general. All the spaghetti he drops around them really sells just how pure he truly is.

And it wasn't even Sup Forums levels of cringe spaghetti. Just pure, innocent spaghetti.

>typically date guys
L O N D O N

truth

>I wish I hadn't seen that

Pat?

who

A bald manlet who plays vidya

I preferred his design before his beard got cut in episode 2. For some reason he looks weird with a shorter but still scraggy beard.

I dont follow eceleb hentai shit

Beard for sure.

Are you guys excited for cowboy beard Jack?

It annoys me that she's going to stick around him

What's lana doing there?

I really doubt she's going to be with him all the time in every episode from now

Is his hair tied back?

I don't want her to stick around with Jack. I want to be the only woman in Jack's life. I have faith that they'll make it interesting though, and not something cheesy and stupid just for the sake of Jack having a companion.

>feelsbadman

I love the beard but after seeing Seppuku Jack and that small bit in the intro I want to see old Jack again sometime in the season.

Gotta get back to being a pajama wearin' stoner.

>All he did was grow that stupid beard
More like /fa/Ku.
Actually a lot of Aku's stuff is pretty aesthetic, from a hellish point of view anyway.

Honestly doesn't bug me if she sticks around but it would be cliche and bad writing if Ashi is shafted to a typical female romantic role.

If anything I like to see the Mad Max route. Mutual understanding for one goal. Both equally continuing being bad-asses.

Yeah, that would be a nice way of handling it. I didn't know how to describe it, but that's a good description. That's how I feel/hope they'll write her if they have her stick around for more than a few episodes.

I'm fine with it as long as their relationship ends up developing into a father/daughter bond. I'm a sucker for that kind of shit.

No romance though. A romance would feel too forced and rushed for a 10-ep season finale, especially when it's so out-of-character for Jack in general.

>asians can't grow beards

watch Three Kingdoms for this bearded bastard

Father/daughter bonds kick me right in the feels. Not a bad way to write it either. God, I can't wait until more of these episodes come out.

At least I've got Sup Forums to entertain myself with until they release each week.

like it or not I want him to keep it until he beats aku.
I'm convinced his beard is a win condition on par with getting back the sword.

this

I'm still hoping that Jack is in a disguise or that that it's not Jack.

Thanks for all the fun in this thread, I'm heading to bed to return to my depressing daily life that isn't with perfect husbando, Jack.

I made a thread on /wg/ for Jack wallpapers if any of you want more of these screenshots, I'll be updating that later when I have time.

>wish I had IRL friends to stream Samurai Jack with

>wish I had IRL friends to stream Samurai Jack with
My family is Japanese and I'm the only one who watches the show. Feels lonely bro.

I prefer clean shaven jack. He looks more intense when he has an angry facial expression.

I like both with and without the beard. Also, him having long hair and let it free is fucking cool.

He'll keep it for as long as he battles with his conscious, it's a clear visual indicator that separates past Jack(his conscious) and the present Jack.

OH THAT'S SO COOL!

That emoji doggo portrait in the background.

I don't think there's a lot of 110 year old men spreading their seed.

My brethren. This shit is kino.