Is he here for the long haul like Damian or do you expect him to retconned out at some point?

Is he here for the long haul like Damian or do you expect him to retconned out at some point?

I think he's here to stay.

It would take an incredible amount of character assassination to make DC even consider getting rid of him at this point. I wouldn't put it past them but it would be a damned shame if it happens.

I don't see why he wold leave anytime soon. Only way out at this point is if dr. manhattan thinks Jon is his biggest challenge.

Long haul. He's got his own book and survived the latest Superman continuity shuffle. It'll be a few years til Superman has his backstory changed and he'll be firmly set in it by then.

hey guys remember Chris

Superkids always get retconned out in the end. Even fucking Supergirl was gone for two decades.

Wasnt even their kid

Chris was not meant to stick around. Plus, that kid already aged into an adult.

Nope. I only bother to remember good characters.

He has had a great reception, people like him, and has been the right fuel to fix Damian.

He's going to stay for a long time.
Unless he falls into a very bad writer after Tomasi is done.

He's here to stay.

should of been Earth-2

He'll be here to stay and Konfags will hate him just like Timfags hate Damian.

I had completely forgotten about Chris.

I think the key here is that Jon has been given an actual life outside just his parents.

>He'll be here to stay and Konfags will hate him just like Timfags hate Damian.

Good. They can fuck them over even more by making future versions of them gay and explicitly tell the TimKonfags that those are the only bat/supes gay couple that will ever happen ever.

if batman can have four robins, there's no good reason for them to take away superman's son

tho i kind of doubt he will always be his father's sidekick, he may eventually break away to do his own thing ala nightwing. but he's only 10 right now and it'll probably be a while before we see him age any further

should have been chris. it makes no sense kryptonians and humans are biologically compatible enough to breed. even if its under a red sun or some other bs.

adoptive parents lois and clark > biological parents lois and clark

As long as Tomasi is there and his sales stay good they're not going to get rid of him, he's the representative of Rebirth.

Well, it's not like Jon is totally biologically stable, you know.

>Even fucking Supergirl was gone for two decades.
she was still around she just wasn't called Superman's cousin and was an alien/angel/atlantian/whatever

it was under a dome which shut down all meta powers

The Robins didn't come with moms Batman had to be married to though, Bruce could just adopt the little bastard and go back to deciding which super villain he's going to try and redeem with his penis this time.

Jon requires Superman being married to Lois so if he ever does get retconned out it would probably be for the same reason OMD happened, so Superman can be single again without the bummer of being a single parent or an ex wife hanging over him

still waiting for he and Damian to have Hot Shotacon Action.

I want him to meet Power Girl already.
Not because I like /ss/, because I want to see them connect over being raised by Clark and Lois.

>still waiting for he and Damian to have Hot Shotacon Action.
>sexualizing shota

Disgusting. Damian and Jon are pure and saving themselves for marriage.

Don't do this to me

I'm glad he isn't given the same sick attention that Sup Forums does to shota Ben10 or whatever it's called

The powers weren't blocking conception preFP. He lost them before and she didn't get pregnant.

It's probably because he's actually Superbro and the rules are different in the new 52 timeline.

maybe I'm just naive but I don't see DC just retconning Supes marriage out "permanently" like OMD but I do see DC having a story line where Jon gets killed off

Fuck this kid though. I don't like that he was shoved down our throat any a sub par writer at best.

Chris was only meant to last one arc. The issue is that Geoff's run had tons of delays, and so he appeared in many Busiek stories at the time (during some months Busiek even took over both books) while his actual arc was pretty much split in half.

user, getting pregnant is hard.

That's like saying Kon is still around since a Superboy exists.

Yeah. I miss Chris. Liked him better than Jon anyway.

Its wasnt Superbro tho.

Don't worry, nostalgiafags of this era will eventually run the company.

I'm not even sure how Lois can handle the Supersperm.

Fuck, why? What is wrong with Johns?

It's actually the other way around. He was supposed to show up later on in the LoSH arc in particular but the delays meant that the LoSH arc ended first so all Johns could do at that point is write him out.

Though they still brought him back in New Krypton. Giving him Nightwing god stuff to do was cool and honestly carved enough of a niche to me that they could bring him back even now as an older brother to Jon without any problems. Only question is if they want two Nightwings running around (don't think anyone should mind but companies get weird about stuff like that).

Do what?

they wanted to. back in the 00's morrison, millar, and I think waid? thought the marraige was too much like a soap opera so they wanted to split them up and make lois forget his identity so they could bring the secret id love triangle. because thats not a soap opera at all

I refuse to belive it was like this

I think he'll stick around for at least ten years. After that, his kyrptonite crowbar is imminent.

nothing ever changes

But Superman had actually turned into a long running soap opera in the 90s. The supporting cast and Clark's relationships got a lot of focus. DC wanted him to appeal to the Spider-Man crowd that they even brought in a shit ton of Marvel writers. Morrison, Waid and Miller wanted to cut that out and make the focus on Superman again. Morrison wrote a couple of issues dedicated to Lois and Superman without it turning into soap opera.

but my point is a love triangle with a person with a secret id being 2 points is the most soap operaish thing ever

It's about how it's written. Showing relationships does not make anything soap opera. Pre crisis Superman comics were exactly that and not even close to what anyone would call soap opera. The Superman 2000 pitch mentioned that they would cut out all the soap opera elements from the title.

Let's hope they never pull another Cassandra Cain on him.

No Superboy has fared that well so I'm not holding my breaths in hope that he'll be any different. Although honestly he can be kinda grating as a character so it's not like I'd mourn his passing.

Midnighter and Apollo are a thing

He's Superboy.

He was Superbro, that was the point of Reborn

They aren't actually part of the Supes/Bat clans.

Nice try contrarian.

I wonder what his first Penis Inspection Day is going to be like.

But when it's two shotas it's always pure user.

>swordfighting

With what happened in Superman yesterday and with Super Sons being well received I think Jon is permanent and that's great

>it makes no sense kryptonians and humans are biologically compatible enough to breed

It also makes no sense that a man can fly, freeze things with his breath, shoots lasers from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse but here we are

I bet Jon would win.

No John I refuse to believe it was always like this

Red sun lamps that batman gave to them as a honeymoon gift.

Lois has taken the super d for the past two decades without being torn apart. She can carry Supes' kid. Deal with it.

I reckon in five years (or so) DC will do a hard reboot where they actually do what they should have done with New 52 and completely restart their entire line and erase all previous continuity.

Possibly after issue #1000 or both Action and Detective Comics, which issue #1000 of Detective being the final story leading up to that reboot.

Then yeah, Jon and Damian will no longer exist.

My animus taught me that a super powered protagonist can have a kid and a wife and still remain an interesting central character

t. Nick Spencer

Do you think he'll put a shotgun in his mouth if secret empire sells like shit?

Pretty sure those are both going to happen within the next 3 years. Action 1000 could be 2018 if they keep double-shipping going.

But yes that will happen eventually. And then the fans of those characters will bitch and they'll come back like everything always does. That's comics.

Good luck with that, since fanboys tend to get in positions of power.

>was

No. At a point some years ago, he was split, and Superbro was his own agent (think of it as a twin inside a womb, sharing said womb and all the goodies therein needed for growth, maturation, development, etc. and then they pop out and are then separate entities.

Now, stuff them back into the womb, THAT's what happened. So he WASN'T Superbro (who no longer exists, but you can think that if it makes you happier) but he now has those memories as if they were his own and his life has been merged with that life so that things like his marriage and his baby all existed, and he's back at the DP and no one knows CK is Superdad, yadda yadda

Kon-El laster a good long time, longer technically than Damian did since they were both dead for almost the same length of time.

Remember that Morrison wanted to kill the Demon Spawn once the arc was over and others and editorial brought him back, because apparently Batgod can't be Batgod without all his toys and that includes young boys around the bat cave.

No, it's not like twins. They are two halves of the same whole.

Same person. You have to deal with it.

1, 2, and 9 still ring true

Oh for sure, and then he'd tease Damian about it.

I want Jon and Damian to get into a time-traveling adventure to the future, where they meet their adult selves.

It's all about sales so if they start to dip you can certainly see him disappearing after the next huge event.

a continuing Elseworld series would be fun

>Possibly after issue #1000 or both Action and Detective Comics,

I very much doubt this will happen

Supersons seems to be doing well. The second issue was 4th in digital sales last week

In theory perhaps, but then we actually get things like Earth-2 and it's evidence that creators can't work in situations that don't have a status quo because they're all hacks who think senselessly killing characters are what people want to read.

They weren't twins he and Superbro are the exact same being split in half and now they're one again like they should have been Superbro's life is his and Superdad's life is Superbro's.

At least untill DC reboots again. I give him a decade, tops

Having Chris live in the 31st Century as that era's Superman, coming back in time on occasion to visit his lil bro,

Basically be Mon-El to Jon's Superboy

I like this a lot. Also could just put him there and have him be the Laurel Kent distant relative equivalent. Plenty of options really.

But then he'd see that Damien likes it from the blushing.

>2 reboots in 75 years
>DEY MADE REBOOTS EVERYYEAR

How do I know you're a casual?

but what if it was a different writer every issue or arc like an Anthology series

Yeah, but I bet Damian would deny it when Jon called him out, which would make Jon tease more, and they'd probably end up wrestling or something.

Which Damien would be able to put up a fight in spite of the power difference but he intentionally holds back enough to be on the losing end.

That's the shittiest idea I've ever heard.

Reboots are fucking garbage.

Bruce is bigger than Clark. Monster in size, but I think you are right, Damian is a late bloomer.

>Bruce is bigger than Clark

No he's not.

My true love

Depends on if you count the pincers.