ITT: comic book deaths you're still mad about

ITT: comic book deaths you're still mad about

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceblogs.com/whitecoatunderground/2009/03/18/a-simple-bump-on-the-head-can/
walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-died-after-hitting-head-12111578
ajc.com/news/crime--law/cobb-man-hits-head-pavement-and-dies-after-punch-police-say/We0bF5UAHUUDRtrwRw5zuI/
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tragic-shop-worker-21-dies-9383131
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who dat

a dead cat

kek

Is she ok now?

You're asking if a comic book character that died has been brought back to life? Who are you kidding user? She's been dead for over 10 years with no signs of her death ever being retconned

and to say i adored the sentinel series

>a dead cat

Here's another one.

i gotta admit, i never cared about avengers academy or mettle as a character, but this seemed like a cheep shot
i never heard anyone talk about any character from that book other than him, and it was clear out of all the kids in that book he was by far the favorite
if i did care about this character, i would feel like this was a giant slap in the face and i completely understand why people hate this

dark beast's

bendis a shit

It was a good death and she got to be Prime's first victim.

Another bad thing about it was that it just reinforced the idea that you shouldn't give a fuck about new Avengers or X-Men because they're constantly introduced just to be killed off for shock value.

Something like 2/3rds of the supporting cast of Invincible gets killed. (no I'm not posting reference pics, oh gods no.) Just because Robot has to be written as a villain, so the writers kill pretty much everyone trying to make sure that ALL the readers loose SOMEone they like.

>killed literally by accident by a retarded man-child
>good death

user pls

I think his death felt the worst out of all of them, because his was the first and was the tone-setting one.

Like 'hey folks, these characters that you liked? they're gonna fed into the meat grinder for no reason. No catharsis, no resolution, just meaningless death.'

Of course that was the intent of the whole series, but still.

Say what you want about Identity Crisis, but he didn't deserve this.

what happened to her cutie friends though
I care

speaking of

>comic book resurrections you're still mad about.
Everything about bringing back Bucky was a bad idea. Keeping him around actually managed to be worse.

I am not really mad that Bill got killed. I am mad that Reed Richards never got hated on or his ass stomped for making this abomination the way Stark did. This shit was a Red Skull wet dream but Richards gets away with it.

He's not dead, user. He is an idea now. And ideas live forever.

didn't she also just have a kid or something?

Not giving that much credit to injustice itself, but this particular moment pissed me off as well as made me laugh when it came out, and it still does

oh no not the last female saiyan

is that really how he died?

At least it wasn't "that" death. You know the one.

This is an easy second though. Pissed me off too.

Ah heck now I have to post it
This could easily be an Injustice thread but I'll stop here

If this sticks i'll never forgive Marvel.

At least he died in the arms of his true love with her name on his lips.

pretty much every one that's occurred since the late 80's, Comic Book Writers for the most part are incapable of writing death with any competence

Hal Jordan killing Guy Gardner pissed me off more, especially now that he is somehow a Green Lantern again in Injustice 2.

shit, does she even exist anymore? that was like two reboots ago.

Does Prime even exist anymore?

Especially cause Gardner was a pretty cool guy on Injustice

>arms of his true love
but thats not Jean even though Emma is the better girl

He got million dollar baby'd

He was the one character I was rooting for.

What really gets me is that he was killed in what was clearly a naked cash-in on the Hunger Games hype.

He was sacrificed for a quick buck.

you are literally in a minority.

Fuck you, I laughed.

>Hal, don't have sudden bursts of rage.
>I'll show you sudden bursts of rage!
Why did he go Captain Hero again?

> It's a BKV is a hack and cheaply kills off a character for shock value episode

Is this really the reason he's not in Injustice 2? lol

I know he is replaced, I know its not quite a comic book, but I still get triggered to infinity when reading this panel and all of the kindly ones, really.

You realize the irony of that statement, right?

In Alan Moore's V for Vendetta, he deliberately wrote the eponymous V as a deranged terrorist fueled by romanticized ideals from reading Alexander Dumas' The Count of Monte Christo.

The Wachoskis are the ones who completely rewrote V into a vigilante with morals and scruples.

Actually I'm mad because Ian didn't pull the goddamn trigger because fans got pissy

oh come the fuck on
This would not kill a person. People are not that fragile we don't have bones made of fucking glass.

Wrong, bucko.
People die from stupid shit like this all the time.

even in the book it was made painfully clear that the only was to save britain was to burn it down and rebuild. it was too far gone for anyone to fix it from the inside.

He came back tho, and not just the shitty New 52 version

Fuck Hopeless to death with a chainsaw.

Fuck Marvel.

I have not spent one penny on Marvel books since this shit. They're fucking cancer, I wish they'd just fold so there's more room for actual innovation in the market.

LIsten here kid.
Ive seen people survive injuries like that in the comic on their necks and they came out fine.
The human body can be a tough machine. We aren't as fragile as cartoons make us seem....
Atleast not everyone is. And someone as bulky as nightwing certainly shouldn't have weak bone density like that where it would break from a fall

Not according to Alan Moore it's not. The whole story is about Moore's thesis on government vs. anarchy.

He contends that there are two extremes: Fascism and Anarchy. All governments will eventually adopt Fascism, and only a return to pure anarchy can reset the pendulum.

V may burn down Great Britain, but Alan Moore states that V is not any kind of hero or figure to be admired. He is a terrorist, first and foremost.

I usually don't give a shit about deaths in a comic book, but fuck am I still bitter about kid Zeus just straight up fucking dying.

This one is so bad it loops around to being awesome.

>LIsten here kid.
I swear to god, every dipshit moron on Sup Forums starts their response with this same shit
>Ive seen people survive injuries like that in the comic on their necks and they came out fine.
Oh well I guess your anecdotal evidence cancels everything out. I've never worn a seatbelt and nothing bad has ever happened to me! There are literal actual cases of this shit, easily google-able. It happens, and just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You sound like an idiot anti-vaccer - "well I'm not vaccinated and I'm fine, so polio probably just isn't real!"
here's some reading you absolute moron

scienceblogs.com/whitecoatunderground/2009/03/18/a-simple-bump-on-the-head-can/

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-died-after-hitting-head-12111578

ajc.com/news/crime--law/cobb-man-hits-head-pavement-and-dies-after-punch-police-say/We0bF5UAHUUDRtrwRw5zuI/

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tragic-shop-worker-21-dies-9383131

etc etc

>calling someone else kid with grammar like that

Facts are that people die from stupid shit all the time, and people survive stupid shit all the time. It's a fucking dice roll at best, and the strength you tout is a small modifier and nothing more.

>someone as bulky as nightwing certainly shouldn't have weak bone density like that
this is some fucking /fit/-tier bro science shit right hurr

avengers arena was so fucking petty, if it was filled to the brim with no name characters like the braddock academy kids, that would be one thing. but up an coming characters getting killed? thats just bullshit. and the fact that theyve just been tossed to the game makes it fucking worse. why isnt arcade in a rape dungeon for this shit? its one thing if its regular heroes, but fucking kids?

thats not even a stark footnote. if that was really pym there they would have had his ass arrested for this

Kon was resurrected in Legion of 3 Worlds, if anyone is curious.

>scienceblogs.com/whitecoatunderground/2009/03/18/a-simple-bump-on-the-head-can/
Can, but not always the case.
If that were true then ever Soccer player would drop dead on the field.
>walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-died-after-hitting-head-12111578
Again, this anecdotal as like the rest of your links.
Oh yeah man definitely. A simple fall and bump on the head can kill a man instantly!
That why pic related died on the spot after getting slammed full force by a 300 lb man right on his spine.
Absolutely tragic! A true testament to how fragile the human body is!

>Can, but not always the case
WELL FUCKING EXACTLY YOU MORON
it CAN kill you, which is why nightwing died that way and it might not which is why your idiot friend didn't. Holy god damn, can you actually not understand that not all injuries are equal and that totally minor and random elements like nanometers difference in where the injury is can make the difference between life and death?
Sometimes people die from this, sometimes they don't, nightwing was one of the unlucky ones.

can you provide citation please

Is that princess Diana? I didn't realise she is Sup Forums related.

pretty much

lol you stupid fuck I already acknowledged that not everyone is not that fragile.
You were the one spitting out these links as if they were absolute.
Get fucked

>listen here kid
stopped reading there

This, the gatekeepers did nothing wrong and didn't deserve this

It's amusing how common it is, such that I was expecting a completely different, often raged on, death under that spoiler.

literally looking at your post that says
>Oh come the fuck on. This would not kill a person. People are not that fragile we don't have bones made of fucking glass
then your post that says
>oh yeah I guess it actually can but like, not always
You are a sad, ridiculous little man.

It's funny. Marvel has it in their heads that the only way to make new characters successful is to make them legacies, but they wholesale murdered a bunch of characters with good potential for shock value that contributed nothing solid.

You really should be a king hit statistic.

>the most athletically gifted member of the batfamily
>hit by a stick
>trips on a rock
>breaks neck on another rock

Why not have Damian be a shit and put his guard down and Dick throws himself as a shield to save him?

Does anyone take anything serious where OP starts his rant with
>listen here kid
It's like a pasta. It's literally starting a statement with "hey dont listen to me"

because it was meant to be a random senseless tragedy, not the selfless martyrdom of a cool guy. I'm not defending it, shit moment, but that's clearly what they were going for

You're just mad I blew you the fuck out
You'll get over it. or maybe you wind up paralyzed because you fell down or some threw a ball at your head the wrong way

>You're just mad I blew you
user, I think you're gay and don't know it.

back to >>>reddit with you, hotpocket....

Oh, nice comeback, Summer 2016.

He died a hero and eventually came back, the problem is now, he is off in the limbo along Bart.

>posting ugly female celebrities because you are whipped intellectually and have met your match

>and have met your match
That's stating that you're equal to him intellectually.
You're actively shitting on yourself.

One of the reasons I always thought 'there's no chance Batman hasn't accidentally killed someone at some point' especially when playing the Arkham games and knocking out fools on hard concrete by the dozen

Spare me, I can practically hear the tears hitting your keyboard...

>you're a retard and you've finally met your equal!

does metaphorical death of a character count?

Because I'm still very upset.

No idea what this is at all but it is very sad with no context.