This is the state of modern film criticism

This is the state of modern film criticism...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsLcTO2a0Ec
rottentomatoes.com/critic/helen-ohara-12122/movies
wizchan.org/dep/index.html
bechdeltest.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

those are tweets. not film criticism.

are you fucking blind?

disgusting..

tweets from two professional film critics.

There are barely any actual film critics anymore. These are "movie buffs" who haven't even seen many films but have an online platform to spill their bullshit. It's like if I Fucking Love Science guys were hired by NASA.

>tweets from two professional film critics

kek

None of this means anything.

what sites or magazines do they work for?

every film I don't like is bad
pay me

t.film pro

bro why didn't they say it was KINO and post some poorly done cinegrids!?

Top one works for Empire

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure Siskel and Ebert had this sort of reaction to trailers all the time.

Empire Magazine and Virgin Media respectively.

Roasties
Ruin
EVERYTHING

GUESS HOW MANY WOMEN I SAW DURING THE PREMEIRS OF BATMAN BEGINS, SPIDER MAN 2, REVENGE OF THE SITH, AND IRON MAN? MAYBE 3 AT MOST.

NOW ROASTIES LOOOOOOOOOVE STAR WARS AND COMICS AND THEYRE SOOOOOO NERDY
OH FUCK OFF GET FUCKED YOU FUCKING ROASTIE SHIT BAGS RUINING EVEEYTHI G

So this is the power of the bbc.

tweets aren't film criticism you sad and pathetic baiting pleb

>one works for Empire
even her full length reviews aren't criticism. Empire is essentially a PR company that pretends to be objective.

HoH works for Empire, she is a massive marvel fangirl tho, unsurprisingly hardcore feminist too. She can be pretty good on the Empire podcast, but the Feminazi shit gets old fast.

>women ruined capeshit
good

>capeshit is for men
imagine how retarded you'd have to be to think this makes men somehow look smarter or more cultured

Capeshit is for women and children

>these two RT listed film critics aren't film critics because I said so. Her shitty film criticism doesn't count because I'm a huge fucking faggot and I makes all the rulez
Okie dokie, artichokie.

Women have an endocrinal excuse to act childish at times. What's yours for doing so continously?

Who are you even white knighting on behalf of? Just, like, women in general? For what purpose?

How is this controversial

women speaking triggers Sup Forums

This is the state of modern Sup Forums board...

>Mr Robot
I wish. those generals aren't even that popular and are 80% trolls who haven't actually seen it and are there to shitpost

These are the people who count on rotten tomatoes. Remember that.

IT ALL KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN

>Capeshit

This is the hill you choose to die on?

>Sup Forums spends hours talking about female celebrities armpits and feet
>No one here cares

>Two random internet bloggers say they think a couple of celebrities look hot
>It's obviously a sign of the downfall of society

Punished Cap really is badass though.

>personally loving something means you can't be a critic

>it's another clueless reddit post

>Empire

>film critic

sorry britbongs, your rags are NOT accepted as real film critics. you need hollywood reporter, variety, new york times, etc.

empire is on the same level as fanboy sites like collider, aintitcool, or birthmoviesdeath

>Two random internet bloggers say they think a couple of celebrities look hot
>It's obviously a sign of the downfall of society
I don't give a shit about them saying they're hot. What the fuck? Where the fuck are you people coming from? Is this a Marvel thing or an SJW thing? I can't even tell.

youtube.com/watch?v=hsLcTO2a0Ec

but how is that controversial

>women react with great enthusiasm to a flick for children and rajeets
no surprise here

OP is complaining about literally nothing and calling tweets "film criticism." I guess that's a Sup Forumscuck thing, huh.

>you need hollywood reporter, variety, new york times
Maybe if I want the latest updates on which kike has raped which Amerimutt

Okay, so I take it when this movie inevitably gets >90%, all the Marvel fanboys are going to remember that Rotten Tomatoes doesn't count, right?

rottentomatoes.com/critic/helen-ohara-12122/movies

>/leftypol/
?

This desu
It's not like you need any credentials to become a film critic, you just have to worm your way onto a site that people have heard of (or haven't, as many RT scores seem to come from literally whos) and you have instant, entirely unearned credibility. You don't even have to put up a veneer of class or dignity, as long as you can type up ~400 words about why [Latest Marvel movie] is a fun, exciting romp that the fans are gonna love, you're set

mark kermode is such a fucking faggot

SUPBER MOBIES WON WE DIDT IT REBBLIT

i seriously want this to end. any adult talking like this should be necked

>Mmm, Black Widow and Scarlet Witch, I don't think my dick can handle this. I'm leaking precum. Let's say I've jacked it more than a few times. Black Widow in reverse cowgirl and Scarlet Witch in prone bone. Zomg.
FUCKING MEN ARE PIGS

>those comments
JL looks like shit but there's fucking nothing worse than idiotic plebs who think they know anything about film, especially when they wank off to idiots like Kermode.

spotted the triggered right wing cuck.

capeshit is for brainlets. so women, children, and numales.

These are the creatures that bugmen let tell them if a movie is ‘fresh’ for fucks’ sake
Instead of a tomato it should be a composite images of all their pitiable faces

>defending kermode
holy fuck lmao

lefypol browse a lot here and try to create baits against pol bc >MUH POLITICAL WAR

I only scan them to see if anyone comes up with any top tier movie puns

>Blade Running Time: 2049 Minutes
>The Snowman: we're stalking in the air.

no he isn't. Those two are film critics and are not objective. Their reviews count

>being this triggered by a middle aged man with a quiff
holy fuck lmao

t. soyboy

Nigger I am literally a New York City-based, Hillary voting, leftist cuck. Where in the fuck are you getting this Sup Forums shit from? I can give a fascist fuck about their fucking gender. I just think that when two people who are listed on Rotten Tomatoes, and are, ostensibly, going to be reviewing this film and literally effecting effecting it's box office revenue with the weight of their opinions, it's kind of unprofessional to be gawking about it's trailer like a bunch of idiot fangirls. I'm sorry I offended your White Knight sensibility by not prefacing this post with a fucking trigger warning.

those aren't reviews. are you really that sad that you won't let people on twitter have opinions?

>people ITT actually defending modern film criticism
ABSOLUTE
STATE

This is embarrassing. They acting like 12 year olds.

t. crybaby Sup Forums faggot

what the fuck is leftypol? a subreddit?

I think what you're seeing is women in recent times have become more interested in capeshit, which is good for the industry as they now appeal to a wider demographic and will make more money.

women watchen gapegino is gud for film industree

it make more money

it's called having an opinion. people are allowed to be excited regardless of what the final product is like.

Empire aren't all too objective anyway. They get exclusives from studios and probably have more incentive to treat them better.

how've they even dragged their infantile politics into it anyway
some niggers just need to white knight the entire female sex

>They get exclusives from studios
Yeah, most journalists do. That's a big part of the problem.

I know you stupid fuck. I'm saying that they are reviewers and that they wont be objective when the movie comes out.

ABSOLUTELY BTFO

>Film critics arent allowed to be hyped for the movie-event which is the culmination of 10 years and 17 films of Universe building

Yes, pretty cringe. Like this

I’d say that’s quite a tiny part of the problem. Plenty of examples of outlets getting special coverage and still giving bad reviews. The actual problem is that the critics aren’t even interested in film at this point, just what their stance on the film says about themselves w/r/t politics, cultural values and brand identity - it’s laughable

Yes I think its great that I could go see Thor Ragnarok with my family and my Mom and Sister understand the references and whats going on without me having to explain it to them. Maybe its just cause I dont hate women tho.

Yes i remember one of the early bad rotten tomatoes reviews for BR2049 and I checked the reviewers website it was a half assed cobbled together mess of an HTML page with terrible CSS a 12 year old could make. So unprofessional no idea how they got RT credentials

jesus christ

Back you go:
wizchan.org/dep/index.html

EMPIRE had its own cinema and has better contribution to cinema than the rest of that shit

They can be whatever the fuck they want to be, but if you're a fucking film critic publicly stating that you're updating your top ten list based on a trailer for a movie, I'm sorry, but I'm probably not going to take your "professional" opinion all that seriously. You can feel free to wave your taint in my fucking face with the words "I am a boy hungry pedo" tattooed on your nuts, but then don't expect me to hire you to watch my kids.

Bitch do you even know what professional film critics are supposed to do?. I guess we are so far down the rabbithole that they are no different from random fanboys and is considered acceptable.

This are the people that make the bulk of rottentomatoes scores.
Literally any fucking pleb with connections gets to be a professional film critic.

RT is essentially useless for that reason.

>an adult
>still watches capeshit
>makes banal statements about it instead of discussing its artistic merits
Does this prove they're underdeveloped emotionally?

>everything critics post on their social media must be strictly professional

>hyped
>for capeshit
No, they're not, because then they aren't a real critic and have nothing to say. "Hype" is what the third-worlders from Sup Forums and Sup Forums view as merit in a film.

the equivalent to these tweets would be book reviewers in respected newspapers going crazy and getting "hyped" about the final book of some shitty pre-teen series like Twilight after reading a blurb. Its pathetic.

They don't actually care. They act this way because this is how they think they are supposed to act.

He's in good hands here.

that's because everything is hamfisted and spoon fed these days

Pre-MCU capeshit was actually /deep/ and had meta references that no normie would ever get

Weak straw man. You don’t have to hate women to recognize that they’re tastes are different than men’s and subjectively worse by BOTH sexes’ standards (see pic related) and studios pandering to them clearly worsens the quality of the property
Maybe when you grow up a little and start watching movies with a girlfriend instead of your mommy you’ll realize that different genres catering to different markets is an ideal state compared to everything being lowest common denominator inoffensive fluff focused grouped for mass appeal (*cough* NuWars *cough* NuTrek *cough*)

GamerGate faggots were right: journalists are a fucking cancer.

>Peaceful protests are bad
>Violent protests are bad
>Speaking any kind of opinion at all is bad if you're black!

>This are the people that make a movie fresh on rottentomatoes.

It actually disgusts me how low that profession has fallen since Pauline Kael. I can assure you that this 2 haven't watched more films than your average normie and just fast forward old movies.

Kneel down and open your mouth; I've got a protest for you right here, cuckles

Everything? No. Everything with regard to the films they are being paid to objectively criticize? Probably.

You must be utterly dumb if you think I'm white knighting anyone. That user is upset over someone else liking his superhero movies and he deserves ridicule. If you're such an incel little shit that you cannot even suffer the childbearing gender to act up once in a while you are absolutely worthless.

>suffer the childbearing gender to act up once in a while
literally wtf is this post?

roastie detected

Women starting to watch Capeshit more has absolutely nothing to do with the Bechdel Test. Besides most capeshit doesnt even pass the Bechdel test you can check here: bechdeltest.com/

Besides women starting to watch capeshit has more to do with changing societal standards for what women and men are "supposed" to like as opposed to the actual content of the movies changing.

Yes

no paulie walnuts
eat a dig fackut