Let's continue with Avengers Academy folks! Reading up to Fear Itself tonight!

Let's continue with Avengers Academy folks! Reading up to Fear Itself tonight!

How is everyone doing tonight?

my favorite issue of the series.

Good. My wife just had her gall bladder removed this afternoon, so I'll be babysitting her for the next couple days.

Looking forward to finally being able to read some comics.

Always nice to see Tasky.

I hope she is okay! It's super cute that you are taking care of her!

this is the second best issue. Prom issue is number one

This issue made me a taskmaster fan. Wish he would be in a ongoing

you should check out the Taskmaster min by Van Lente from like 2010.

Best Taskmaster

Link to previous thread?

Even though it is a vain hope, I could wish for another series with these two in it.

Did the doctors let her keep it in a jar?

It's good luck to keep your severed body bits around.

>It's a "taskmaster actually has a shit memory" status quo
Ew. Turned Taskmaster from a great cocky asshole villain into a "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN" tier character.

A father daughter on going where they forget they are partners ever issue? I'd read it.

Will do thanks

Fuck, the derision was meant for
Best modern Tasky is from Simone Deadpool and Avengers Initiative

Dan I'm shocked you can enjoy that Taskmaster retcon, though that could work as a good single issue story book.
Idk I just way prefer Old Tasky

Meh i like both takes on character. I like it better if he is written well.

I really don't mind it, Tasky can and does work as a villain without much more going on than wanting money and usually getting a one up on the Avengers and being the punch clock villain type. That's well and good, great even. BUT there is nothing wrong with adding the small "I'm losing my memory" stuff, it can 100% be used well, like in this issue. It's not the most original or deep character development ever but it has potential. It is also really good for Finesse.

Taskmaster was pretty unique as a character, and even more unique to cape villains, as just a dirtball who did whatever he needed to get by and get paid. He wears a ridiculous costume out of branding for fuck's sake. It fit perfectly with his power, he never actually made anything for himself, just piggybacked off of and took advantage of other people.
The new version is just such a generic "MUH MEMORY" change, that comes completely out of left field, is supposed to be some ironic twist on his power, but to me comes off as retarded as fuck, and sucks 100% of his personality away. Taskmaster is supposed to have a great dickish antagonistic relationship with the heroes, an "anything you can do I can do better" mentality, and the retcon throws all of that away.

I think it's an interesting premise and weakness that you rarely if ever see. Re-occuring amnesia? Someone capable of going toe to toe with top level heroes who has a fundamental weakness that damages who he is without him having to do anything but exist.

I think people prefer him as just a badass but honestly best villains always have flaws.

And really he isn't even that great of a villain on his own, since really all he is a merc. He wants to learn moves nobody else has and get paid for it.

Usually villains have more of a purpose that is destructive to society. I mean shit his daughter killed more people recently than he has. I can't think of last time Tasky actually killed someone.

I mean I suppose you could say whole Udon nonsense but that is even further from who he originally was than anything.

The way they explained him getting basically captain marvel tier abilities plus identic memory boost basically makes him just a better captain america, but giving him this weakness, makes him unique.

and it also gives him a language only his daughter can understand and share which is also kind of neat, a literal translating language of combat.

But Dan, he loses his blue collar element if he can't keep bonds and grudges with other characters.

He could write it down. We could have a Memento with Tasky. Also they aren't like bound by any actual time line or rules for this. Like no one is saying he can't remember someone shooting him two years ago.

I was studying, but then all these storytimes happened.

I'd read the hell out of a Memento-like story staring Taskmaster

Right but at this point he wouldn't remember kicking the entire Avengers' ass the first time he faced them. That's just wrong.
And the irony and dramatic tension of memento is that none of the conflict and problem for the main character is genuine. He is only going because of the tats and notes, not because he actually cares or has an impetus.

God i forgot how annoying veil is in this

Again man there are no hard and fast rules to Tasky's memory loss.

>Tasky shows up in Iron fist season 2

>tfw i'll never draw a smiley face on the back of Hazmat's helmet

I think the way you play a story like that is that he feels or has hunches about a series of this and then its slowly revealed the audience how or why.

His emotions would be as much clues as the stuff he finds

So "I'll just use it when convenient" sounds like solid writing for a shared universe and canon to you? Like you previously said you wanted a book where Finesse and Taskmaster forget they are partners each issue. Taskmaster wouldn't even know he's a Supervillain at that point, and sure as fuck wouldn't know about him whomping the avengers.

WHY IS CHRISTOS GAGE NOT A FULL TIME WRITER FOR MARVEL!?

It's not really a big deal to me if he remembers some stuff and doesn't remember others, I think you are over thinking it and are viewing this as like an iron clad death sentence that Tasky can never remember anything ever again. You can have both user, it's not impossible.

To me it's just a complete tainting with cliche to a very pure and unique character. How many "Muh Memory" stories are there throughout all media? Yet there was only one Taskmaster. DC doesn't even really have an equivalent.
And it is a big deal to me, why should he have amnesia at all if it's not gonna be consistent? What's the fucking point?

His quality dipped severely in recent years. He was a part of the X-Shitfest going on

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Because it can make for some interesting stories while not being such a big deal that every Tasky story HAS to be about his memory loss. It's a pretty benign addition in all honesty. Also this isn't like a punched and knocked out amnesia, this is more like a more functional Alzheimers. It in no way ruins Tasky.

Or you could play it off like Fugue states. There is a lot more ways that you can play and flavor the writing from that point which could actually help make him even more unique. Such as learning abilities that go with moves or something. Trade offs for remembering and not remembering.