Just saw this with my boyfriend and there is one thing I didn't understand. Why didn't Leonidas retreat...

Just saw this with my boyfriend and there is one thing I didn't understand. Why didn't Leonidas retreat? Why was it forbidden in the "law of Sparta"? This is just stupid, they got killed for nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSukMQHQLIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In my day, trolling was a art.

You mean "and art".

you mean a dart
fuking newfaggs

it's the same thing, for all intensive purposes.

weak bait.

he wasn't a soyboy like you

woman detected

ITT:

he was protecting the women who are too weak to fight

They clearly said that Spartan women were strong and that they could fight against the weak persian soldiers.

In this case you are right,spartans were a bunch of uneducated barbarians without written history and famous pedophiles.
they were not even able to grow their own food,they had to enslave boypussies to do that job for them.

>Why didn't Leonidas retreat?

The whole point of the battle of Thermopylae is that they're stalling the Persians there so that the rest of the Greeks can set up a proper defense. Remember, previously at the Battle of Marathon, the Spartans were no where to be found, with the Athenians doing all the heavy lifting of fighting the Persians. So the Spartans have a sense of shame, and they feel the need to redeem themselves, which is why they went a little overboard with the martyrdom at Thermopylae.

>This is just stupid, they got killed for nothing.

They delayed the Persians, killed way more than they should have, and this played a key role in the ultimate Greek victory.

>women

why did he admit the truth? he could have been king right there

youtube.com/watch?v=tSukMQHQLIs

Spartans! What is your trade!

>get the twink slaves to do all the boring work
>still get to fuck them later
Sounds pretty smart to me

shit had to be too homoerotic for me.

In the comic Leonidas hints that he intends to sacrifice himself and his soldiers to inspire the rest of Greece to unite against the Persians.

Complex themes like like go way above Zach Snyder's head though.

>I'm OP
>I hate women
>Women are inferior to men in every single possible way
>Women are more likely to cheat, cause violence, do everything negative while nothing postive
>I am going to post everything I got off r9k & pol when someone disagrees with me
>Also beta, cuck, soyboy, roastie, never had a girlfriend, ect ect ect

there, thread done

Summed up by the one eyed poet guy at the end. "They lost thousands to just three hundred of us, imagine how they feel now when they face the tens of thousands of the rest of us, lol!" It was psychological warfare.

>Leonidas hints that he intends to sacrifice himself and his soldiers to inspire the rest of Greece to unite against the Persians.
also the dude was 60 years old by that time and he was seeking a death in battle.

Errors like this are a diamond dozen

There was also a mentality in all of Greece that dying young was preferable so that you'd spend the afterlife in a non decrepit body. There was a legend about some dude who prayed to the gods for his sons to have the best lives or something and they dropped dead at the prime of their life. Spartans just took that and also added that it was even better if that death was in a battle where apart a was victorious