Star Vs The Forces of Hiatus Hell

And now. We wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnR3iY6qF0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It sucks that Ludo died and Eden Sher hates the show and the fans.

>no discussion topic in the OP

No. Star is for hugs.

No, Star deserves hugs

Oooooh shit. Could've done that better.

You mean fugs.

I wish for this meme to just fucking die

>Things Marco can say about his best friend but not about his girlfriend.

He's seen under her skirt.

Post more hugs

All right, here we go. This is gonna' take a second to type, so to the user capping all my reactions... Thanks. I hope you guys like them, haha.

>River dies protecting Moon. Later, Moon dies protecting Star. Later, Star dies protecting Marco

How would Sup Forums react?

WILL YOU FUG OFF ALREADY

His relationship with her was immortalized in a rock ballad witnessed by all the VIPs of an entire kingdom.

I like you as a friend

He doesn't have to worry about getting a boner when he sees her.

She's fun and unpredictable.
Her hugs are always sincere.
She's always full of emotion.

>Star dies, but gets reincarnated as a baby for Marco and Jackie to look after

An endgame to satisfy everybody

>tfw deleted right before i made that post
Mods=gods lel

Are you sure about at?

rude.

Okay

What about Star's parents?

This is slayers try tier kind of ending and I would be incredibly mad

I blew out your flame

So that part in Running with Scissors when adult Marco hugs teenage Star would be the new reality.

Still got a few more. Let's hug that sorrow right out.

This one is my favorite one.

Dead

how are we gonna last until summer

I'm not familiar with that

I don't know about you but I'm gonna do it with confidence that Starco is endgame.
That and making fanart. Lots. And lots. Of fanart.

What if Toffee casts a curse that makes proximity to each other lethally toxic to Star and Marco?

You feel it, too, don't you?

And for the coup de grâce

at least she has parents

I can't stop listening to the Ballad of Star Butterfly

>coup de grâce
>the killing blow
Did you mean pièce de résistance?

she's endgame

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

>Oldstar
>a fallen newfriend
>denied his happy cinnamon roll
>cursed to feel the phantom feels

truely he was a Star vs the Forces of Evil

CUTE AND PERFECT

I went through that yesterday. Man is the second movement catchy. I wish it were longer.

>What if Toffee casts a curse that makes proximity to each other lethally toxic to Star and Marco?
"What if? What if Captain Picard and 7 of 9 had a Borg Baby? CAUSE THAT'S HOW CRAZY YOU SOUND RIGHT NOW!!!"
Quote from: youtube.com/watch?v=LnR3iY6qF0s

You guys are Great

Star gets hers, don't worry about it.

Do Johansons count as Mewmen or are they a different subspecies? I don't remember any Mewmen capable of the physical feats River has displayed.

Stop getting me wet every morning!

Okay, so, first off:

That song was fucking amazing. I felt chills the entire fucking time. The music in this show, specifically S2, has become something really, really special. I have it on repeat right now.

Now, as to the state of things... It's so funny that everything with Ludo and Toffee and the Queen are the "b" plot in my mind compared to Star and Marco. I've been waiting for Toffee to come back, and while I knew he was influencing Ludo, no, I didn't catch the arm with the missing finger on the wand. Things got fucking DIRE in that last wizard fight, though, like, characters dying left and right. It's kind of dizzying how quickly and how much the stakes were raised in this show in such a short time.

>I'm talking rainbows, I'm talking puppies...

Now, on to Starco. I'm really, really torn. Of course, I *want* it to happen, I want Star to be happy. But honestly, this is all her fault. She's been supportive of Jackie and Marco's relationship all the way to the very end, never even giving a hint of what she felt. And what's more, Marco is the *safe* kid. I'm not sure if he's attracted to Star's chaotic nature, and I can't say I blame him, as much as I like her.

Jackie is incredibly chill, and they just have incredible chemistry, probably some of the strongest I've seen in a show like this. They fit together very well, and I *want* them to be together.
So I've considered a couple scenarios:

The easy choice is that Starco will end up happening, somehow. But I'm getting increasingly convinced that may not happen... A theme of the whole show has been Star's maturing and learning that she can't just do whatever she wants, or *have* whatever she wants... And a very important moral lesson could be learned for both her and the show's intended audience if she learns to let Marco go, or at least stay friends. It could be a very good thing, actually.

1/2

Ok. I'm about to go into Face the music blind.

Do i tighten my asshole co?

For a while the second movement was stuck in my head, but now it's actually the final movement I can't stop listening to. I've got the mp3 version, so without the Star and Marco reaction bits it's actually really nice to listen to. I don't know if it's Patrick Stump's voice or the melody, but it just sounds fantastic.

Oooooooohhhh boi!

The tiny Marco head makes me laugh.

I like the different movements at different times.

Not like some songs where one part is much better, the entire thing is really good.

I just found this in Nefcy's insta, how come nobody is talking about this!?

because its already been through here

we've talked about this. we talked about it for about 6 threads in a row and nothing else. we do not need to talk about it more.

It cause a shitstorm a few days back. We've since moved on

because everyone already knows that feminism is like islam, user.

2/2

If she does let Marco go, then I'm thinking Tom might step up to the plate. Say what you will about him, but he's *trying* to get better. Maybe the whole point is that he needs to find someone who accepts him for what he is like Janna, so I don't really have any idea there. I think he has a part to play yet.

And finally, Ludo, the little scrapper. His arc has been my favorite part of the second season, and I feel so bad that he's just been this pawn of Toffee's for so long. It's my hope that he bounces back and eventually takes Toffee down himself, and somehow reconnects with his family. He's a tough little SOB, and I really want him to have a happy ending.

The thing now is that I really want to know more about the lore behind Toffee and Star's mother. There's a lot of story there, and I hope we get it. I want to know what, exactly, Toffee wants, and how he intends to get it.

So yeah, that's my thoughts. Really enjoyed the second season like crazy, and I'm looking forward to the third like nuts. Shit's getting real.

There were consecutive threads about it but then shoulder posting and drawfagging drowned it down little by little

What the? Os that Take on Me playing in the back?!

I know that Starco will happen eventually. My biggest concern is how they will go about breaking up Marco and Jackie. I'd like to see something unique and different from the other thousand shows that have a similar love triangle dynamic. I really like Jackie as a character so I also hope the end of the relationship doesn't relegate her to the background cast.

Also, I'm curious how you feel about the fan theory that Toffee is a descendant of Eclipsa and her monster lover, and thus has a valid claim to the throne. He could also be Eclipsa's monster lover, as I'm not sold that the actual monster she eloped with decided to pose for the tapestry (the artist likely just improvised).

Either way, I really hope Eclipsa shows up next season. She seems super interesting.

didnt we lose shoulder editor because of the image

>The easy choice is that Starco will end up happening, somehow. But I'm getting increasingly convinced that may not happen...

We've got a Jarcofag, guys.

Enjoy losing, man.

One day Ludo's gonna give him hell.

From the looks of the "Leak", It's going to be Jackie breaking up with Marco after she get in with Tom supposedly.

Oh god. Just...oh god.

Star. Star. WHy would you tell him that?! Just why?!

Oh god why!

Never have I seen a more colossal fuck up!!

That leak was the fakest shit I've ever seen.

Don't believe anything that gives us an early date.

If the date is August or later it might be believable. Any sooner is definitely someone making shit up.

>Tiny Marco head doesn't have his birthmark
I M P O S T O R
M
P
O
S
T
O
R

Starcofags are pinning their hopes on fan theories about Jackie being a mermaid and being a perfect match to chill the hot-headed Tom.

Suddenly the high commission has to limit dimensional travels until they stabilize the magical fritz and Star has to go away without ever seeing everyone for at least four years. Season 4 will have a time skip.
This is just my idea, no one else's.

That's the thing that sucks! I want *both*!

I'll be honest, I've been going through these episodes so quickly that I haven't been able to get as deep into the lore or examining things. I am interested in Eclipsa and finding out what Toffee's connection is to the whole thing. My lore book should be coming in a few days, so I'm looking forward to really diving into things then.

Either way, there's some awesome characters begging to be explored.

This pleases me.

What leak?

it's chill up until the last part. and then, then my nigga you're in for hide-your-face-in-your-hands tier stuff. it's intense and the following episode just as well.

Just like how how Donald was supposed to lose 2016 right?

I'm pretty sure only girls can claim the throne. The butterfly kingdom is a matriarchy, so even if he is a descendent of Eclipsa, he doesn't have a valid claim to the throne.

What was this leak? I'm pretty ok with Jackie with pretty much anyone except Tom. I don't think they'd make an interesting pair. Janna makes more sense.

>Starcofags are pinning their hopes on fan theories about Jackie being a mermaid and being a perfect match to chill the hot-headed Tom.

No they aren't. I mean some are but they're the stupid ones.

Most point to the Blood Moon Ball and also how Star and Marco are Nefcy and her husband.

Whether Starco will happen isn't just on Stars maturation- it's on Marco too. Being the "safe kid" is no way to live life, and it's implied 5 ways to sunday that he's going to have to grow out of that- just look at like the dream sequence from the start of Red Belt (S02E02b) for example. I'm pretty sure in S3 it's going to be a big deal for Marco whether he chooses to stay on Earth and have a safe life with Jackie, or if he chooses to take the risk of being by Stars side no matter what. Finally, we've seen a damn, damn lot of indications that Star and Marco are more suited for eachother- from the blood moon to them sharing favourite songs to being able to finish eachothers thoughts. The only issue is Marco returning that attraction or not- I think he was attracted to Star right from the start in at least some capacity but couldn't detach himself from the perfect ideal he had of Jackie in his head; and then he took Stars egging on of Jarco as validation that Star never would've returned those feelings anyway, so he put it out of his mind.

As for Toffee (and also Gloss) it really amazed me on a second rewatch just how much they were manipulating events in advance. Like in S02E01 for example, in My New Wand literally everything that happens there happened because of Gloss intending it to. And in LitW, that it was Toffee that both rescued Ludo from space, and caused the apparitions of Star to lead him to the wand.

Queen Elizabeth says hi.

I know. It was a pretty awesome song.

Why didn't she keep it to just two minutes?! Never go past 2 minutes.

Now I gotta watch the finale!

Or maybe he's aware that Eclipsa is still alive and is trying to get her back in power

What does Nate Silver have to say?

>That's the thing that sucks! I want *both*!

But narratively, Starco is set in stone as endgame. Only Jarcofags don't recognize this reality.

Elizabeth II, just like Toffee, is a lizard person. I think this confirms the theory.

Toffee is already a fully transitioned transwand

Maybe he will become a transwoman one day too

>Jackie is incredibly chill, and they just have incredible chemistry
>But I'm getting increasingly convinced that may not happen
>And a very important moral lesson could be learned for both her and the show's intended audience if she learns to let Marco go
>It could be a very good thing, actually
HEATHEN. HEATHEN. HEATHEN.

No though I totally agree. I can totally see that happening. That's the only thing that's still running in the back of my mind on whether or not Starco is endgame. But right now, I sincerely don't think TOM is going to end up with Star. Of all the characters. He may be trying to get better, but he's trying for the wrong reasons. And he's still failing. At his core he's still a rotten brat. So if the show is going to make a moral lesson about letting a crush go, then it damn well better also make a moral lesson about NOT GOING BACK TO TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS.
And no other character comes even close to mind if I think about where Star gets a boyfriend. Sure you could argue she doesn't need one, but looking at the show now, there's going to be some "Where's your prince?" pressure.

Those are my thoughts on the shipping wars at least.

i'd actually bet more on the opposite of what you said. Star spilling the beans at the finale might cause some erosion in Jaco because of his worry and such which could lead to them breaking.

i also think the opposite might happen and with a number of the top tiers out for the count at least momentarily i think shit might start going bonkers with dimensions clashing and portals opening left and right generating massive chaos as things get worse. this might lead to people like Jackie getting involved alongside Marco which is why they might just stay together too.

what i think is pretty certain is that once the current events are over we should have a pretty decent idea of which one Marco will choose.

We did. Starcucks BTFO!

>The guilt of Star's confession is what erodes Marco's relationship with Jackie

I will be 200%MAD if thiswere to happen.

That's why nobody wants to talk about it. 80% of the people here are Starfags and they're still embarrassed about it.

Nah it's because there's nothing to talk about.

If anyone says anything that isn't shitting on it a bunch of autists will Sup Forums the thread to death.

Hey whoa whoa now buddy, what do you think you're doing there?

You can't talk about this cartoon, it's on HIATUS, and everybody knows that you can only talk about cartoons that are airing new episodes right now, this very moment.

I mean jeez, did ya' think you could just talk about cartoons all willy nilly and shit on Sup Forums of all places?

I hate the modern view of feminism these days. I have to actually specify what TYPE of feminsm im talking about whenever it's brought up to discussion.

Uh oh. Ludo's about to drop that truth.

At any rate, it's going to be a fucking wild ride.

At least this time, there should be a LOT more plot episodes. They've kind of destroyed their "slice of life" setup... Right?

Also, I reaaaaaaally need to go to bed... Thank you guys so much for your acceptance and everything. I know it's weird this whole reaction thing happened, but I'm glad you seemed to like it. I'll try not to namefag from now on, at least until I get the lore book/read the comics.

Catch you on the flipside, everyone.