Be Slav

>be Slav
>never seen a comic book irl ever
>only read on cdisplay
>fast forward to current year
>irl comic books finally arrive to slavland
>it's a tiny thin fucking booklet the size of a tourist brochure with microscopic fonts

Why the FUCK would I pay money for this? I've ordered certain single issue comic books online before because I really liked the art but they were never like this. They were big, printed on nice thick and glossy paper and had regular sized text.

American comic books are literally shittier than those Disney suck tales comic books we had here in the 90s

Has it always been like this? Have comic books always been this tiny? How can people stand it? I read comic books on my 24 inch monitor. How is it acceptable for rl comic books to be this small? It's eye rape.

pic related. it's the first comic book I ever saw irl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_m0vGQVb5A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's a tiny thin fucking booklet the size of a tourist brochure with microscopic fonts

What are you buying?

I recently got some Metabarons and the font size and the books themselves are perfectly fine.

t. Serb

Bulgaristan here. The ones I saw were Sandman and Transmetropolitan and one other I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure it was Vertigo.

From Vertigo I only got Lucifer, but again, the size was decent and the font wasn't small either. Never looked into Sandman or Transmetropolitan though.

just went to YouTube to try and find a video but I couldn't. watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_m0vGQVb5A

the comic books behind her are what I consider regular size. the ones I saw were half that

Yeah, those are regular sizes. I have no idea what you came across. Some kind of weird pocketbook edition?

This is the preview pic for that video. The Saga one is the size I saw I think. How common is that?

Huh, never see that kind of stuff here. Not from the major publications like Vertigo. Not to mention it looks really low quality.

By the way, do you have them translated or not? Sometimes local translators package it in different formats.

Yeah it looks and feels like shit.

I've seen some marvel shit in Bulgarian here. Mainly Spiderman. It's weird, it's like they aren't translations but original stories because the art is really bad and it's different from American art. That said, they're still slightly larger than the sandman ones I saw

Bump? I don't post here so I don't know how fast this board is and If my thread is dying.

Can a westerner weigh in? What's with these tiny comic books?

post pics of weird Spider-Man please

Can you take pics of it?

attached the cover of one. this is from last month. this can't be art from 2017 marvel, right?

no, sorry, i didn't buy it. i got a beautiful watchmen hardcover collection from that store but there was no way i was about to buy those tiny shitty booklets. should give you an idea of the size i mean

Are you talking about single issues? They usually range from 20-35 pages, sometimes 40-60 for annuals/special issues.

That's Humberto Ramos. Recently one of the main Spider-Man artists. He working on Champions now.

I don't know the proper term in english for it. I'm talking about single issues like for example a comic from a 60-issue run, like punisher max or sandman or preacher or transmetropolitan

are they all this sizemy dream is to own the whole miracleman/marvelman run. it'd be a huge letdown if it was this small

well shit dude. is that considered good art?

not whatsoever

well good, I thought I was going crazy. if you ever get in an argument with someone over the art quality feel free to tell them about how I didn't buy it because I thought it was a cheap eastern euro knickoff

Here is a comparison with a single issue and a trade. They're usually the same size except of course trades are longer because they collect a bunch of single issues.

The one on the left is a hardcover right? If that's the case, then both are still bigger than what I saw. It's hard to tell because they are only compared to each other and not something else. Anyway, I expected them to be 24-25 pages, it's the size itself that bothers me. It's shorter (in inches/centimeters) than a fucking envelope. Look at the pic I posted of the Sage comic. I want to know how common that is.

What are the dimensions? Any sensible unit is fine.

here's a comparison between what i consider a regular size vs. what i saw in that store.

i guess the numbers are unreadale, but the regular is 11 inches/28 cm and the one i saw was about 6-7 inches or 15-18 cm

honestly, the response to this thread is making me nervous. are we the only ones who get these small comic books?

pic related shows some book sizes:

largest is A4, 21 x 30 cm
middle is 17 x 24 cm
smallest is 12 x 16.5 cm

Not in pic, my Gunnerkrigg hardback is 16 x 22 cm () and I find it too small compared to my old Tintin hardbacks.

When I was last in Belgium the comics I saw in people's collections were all pretty much A4-ish hardbacks,

Yeah, as a European 18 cm is too small for me to tolerate, years ago I once bought a US webcomic printout and was shocked at how small it was, like the tiny booklet in my pic. Never again. I was eager to buy the KSBD print until I saw how tiny it was.

that's fucking weird
Manga in the USA is sold small like that too, but I think it's sold small when collected in Japan as well.
Comic books are typically the size of an American piece of paper, 11x8.5 inches.
Your comics provider is probably printing out and binding (poorly) the pirated versions out of the Win-O-Thread, if I'm being honest here.

sending me some mixed signals there.

but yeah, i expected the comic book to be a standard A4 piece of paper size (11x8.5 inches) and i was shocked that it wasn't. at least i'm relieved to know that this size isn't considered okay and that it does exist in some places in the west

Let me bust out my camera. This is what every single mainstream comic book issue (called a "floppy") is going to look like, in the center there, with cassette tape, beer, microphone jack, and hamburger buns for scale. That's probably 11x8.5 inches but I haven't measured it.
On the left is the collected editions, called "trades". They're the same size, but thicker. On the right is Japanese comics, they're tiny. No idea why.
The toy gun was included for general American ambience.

I want to notice that Europeans had it good with the
>Disney suck tales comic books we had here in the 90s

Also: A4 is slightly larger than an American piece of paper. I learned that in school or something. I think it came up when I was really into paper planes at one point.

well that's a fucking relief. thanks for breaking it down for me, because a breakdown is exactly what i needed. honestly, after seeing those tiny things i would never have ordered comic books online ever again if i thought that that's what i was going to get.

but if that's the case i'm honestly stumped as to where the small comic books come from? apparently they exist in the US toobut why the fuck would any company release those? and why would people buy them?

yeah, it was supposed to be duck tales but i was on my phone when i made that post. these fucking touchscreens are hard man, i only ever got a smartphone two years ago.

Dude you probably have some weird printing that someone over there maade, I have some weird walking dead books that someone printed here on Chile, they're slightly smaller than regular floppies and they have 3 issues each but they look nice and the paper's really good.
Basically what I'm saying is it's most likely some knock off some guys printed.

the ones she's holding are the same size as the ones in my picture. Probably a bit thinner than the one on the left but the same paper size.
Sounds like your shitty tiny bullshit is a pirate/bootleg/knockoff job.

shit, now you got me all confused after and
agreed with me. i can't believe knockoff comic books are even a thing. how much can you even profit off of that, especially here where nobody reads comics.

and those fucking kikes were selling them in their goddamn hipster store like they were quality items. shit.

Webcomics are different from mainstream comic book store stuff, because they're usually just self-published books, and can come in all sorts of nonsense sizes. Also: when you're the only supplier you can pretend to be hot shit. Fucking kikes.

french bandes desinee are almost twice as big as american floppies

>twice as big
What are the dimensions? Unless you're talking about page count, in which case fuck off.

can't remember exactly but I held a blacksad issue in my hands and it was the size of my forearm.

Just looked it up, it's A4 size instead of 8.5x11, which is going to be a quarter of an inch skinnier but half an inch taller.

Serbia has great classic comics paperbacks.

I have a great Flash Gordon newspaper strip reprint and it's a huge book.

what kind of nigger you are?
We have deluxe versions of the comics long before US have, and sometimes even exclusive, like Asterix with extra dictionary hardbook edition.

t. Poland

>bulgaria
uh, sorry for asking