LoTR general?

"I wish that the ring had never come to me.... I wish that none of this had happened."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7gogezOlJDs&
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9okyMyFD4
youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M
youtube.com/watch?v=qQZKLIexcVk
youtube.com/watch?v=DcziMI0tol4
youtube.com/watch?v=hesOeiv_l7I
youtube.co/watch?v=51BE_zrpyoU
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
youtube.com/watch?v=LYU9f7o18rQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K3VOf3CBGvw
youtube.com/watch?v=rCZ3SN65kIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Muh old shit fantasy eurofag books

Even if you don't like the books you can't deny the movies are an epic trilogy with plenty of great shots, scenes, and dialogue.

So throw the ring away and let someone else deal with it. By the time Sauron finds the ring, you'll probably be dead anyway. Then it's the next generation's problem. It works for republicans and global warming.

>when you realize the only reason Gollum was able to escape Mirkwood is because his guards were lazy as fuck and let him hang from the tree for hours without gong after him until night came and so did the filthy orcs

This thread is already fucked, abandon ship lads

He looks like a chill dude. Would play tabletop games with.

Just tried watching these movies for the first time a few hours ago and god damn I got half way through the first movie and had to turn it off because how boring it was.

Thranduils guards you mean?

Sure whatever

I can't tell if you are trolling or just an ADHD riddled millennial.

>4 straight hours of walking and talking
Gee user, I can't possibly see why anyone may not like the LOTR movies

And nary a quip to be heard. Plus not a single three point landing

You can only say that about the first part of the Fellowship of the Ring, once they get to Weathertop you have shit happening all the time.

To be fair what was Elrond supposed to really do? He couldn't kill the new high king of men right after they won the war together. It could have triggered a war between elves and men that the elves probably couldn't win, and at the time no one knew that the ring would keep Sauron alive. For all intents and purposes Elrond probably though Sauron was dead and that the ring just corrupted people now.

literally spawned the modern fantasy genre
kys amerimutt

One of my favorite quotes in ROTK is about that scene and the witch king, "You've met him before... He stabbed frodo on weathertop..He is the lord of the Nazgul and the greatest of the Nine."

He was supposed to 1v1 Isildur and force the Ring from him and throw it into the lava

Aren't there enough Marvel threads for you kid?

There is no telling that Elrond could have defeated Isildur with the ring. People forget that Isildur was actually pretty strong even without a buff.

Go full Feanor.

For something like the One Ring, I feel like any cost is worth it.

Even if it meant he gets iced for it, I think we can all agree that letting Isildur just walk out of Mount Doom with the Ring is not the best solution.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gogezOlJDs&
>dat scream

say the ring exploded or something whos gonna know

That's one of your favorite quotes?

Have there always been this many LOTR generals, or am I only noticing them the past couple months because I've started to read the books?

Why didn't Gandalf turn himself into a car so they could drive to mordor?

>AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhh

I hated this scene and this line. It just made Frodo come off as a selfish prick, wanting to be at home in the shire doing nothing while people around him do the heavy lifting. From there on out I had a problem with his character, I especially hated him when he started to side with Gollum and hate on Sam for no reason. Like dude, you've known Sam for your whole life, you can trust him, but you turn on him and trust this weird crazy creature instead? Stupid plot of an other wise great movie

I suppose the Amazon thing has poked some hornet nests.

It's to show how the ring is starting to influence him

The whole scene I guess where Gandalf tells Pippin about the Witch king. Basically from Where pippin starts by saying, "It's so quiet..." and Gandalf replies with, "It's the deep breath before the plunge."

The ring was slowly corrupting him bro

>I feel like any cost is worth it.
Considering Tolkien was a Catholic and therefore did not subscribe to utilitarian ethics, it actually makes sense to have Elrond not do it. That said, the scene only happens in the movies - not in the books. But Elrond’s reaction does fit Tolkien’s worldview where giving your own life to save others is ok, but taking an innocent life to save others probably isn’t even if on a numbers level it makes sense.

Bitch if you'd have lived in the Shire you wouldn't want to leave it either.

It's funny you posted that when I seen the pic and read the greentext I heard and seen that scene in my head.

He was given a heavy burden, what's so bad about him wishing all that shit never happened and he wasn't given that role? Even Gandalf tells him that everyone who lives in shit times wishes that but that even so they must do what needs to be done. Frodo was never perfect and everyone would feel stressed when they have the fate of the entire world on their shoulders.
And he believes Gollum because the Ring is corrupting him and making him irrational.

Basically, capeshit for racists.

Looks like you, user, back to your shit /tg/ board with the others Warhammer and Magic trolls neckbeards

Let's be honest here, eurofag, A Song of Ice and Fire is better. The characters are gray and the world is well built, Lord of the Rings will be slowly forgotten in the future.

>I especially hated him when he started to side with Gollum and hate on Sam for no reason.

This is one of the worst changes the movie made. Tolkien would've rolled in his grave if he knew about that.

Right, probably true

As far as a favorite quote/passage of mine (I'm nearly done with Two Towers in my first readthrough), I absolutely love the part I just finished, where Sam and Frodo are talking to each other about if they'll be in any tales and stories of the future, etc. etc.

When Frodo says something along the lines while imitating a child, "But dad, what about Sam? He's my favorite part, and Frodo wouldn't have gotten very far without him after all, would he?" I love that part, it gave me goosebumps and made me smile just reading it.

Elrond talks with Isildur in the books too right after Sauron is defeated.

It also showed that frodo wasn't this perfect mary sue character and that he was just technically a kid who had never left home and was thrust into a role he never wanted. And it wasn't all just about himself he was broken about gandalf dying and boromir being corrupted and just all the horrible things that had happened since he was given the ring. When he first said it in Moria it was right after the watcher had attacked him and Frodo began to fully understand the depth of what he had gotten into.

@90969409
if you get a SINGLE (you) for this abomination of a bait i'm fucking cutting my dick off

Imagine being a neet your whole life and then suddenly you're asked to help save the world.

You think you're being a hero at first, but then after you get stabbed and see people you care about die and have to fight monsters, you start wishing you could go back to being a neet again

>The characters are gray
Wanna know how I know you're underage?

he's a small hobbit

that's the point of this series and the Hobbit. they're about small simple people who are given impossible tasks by fate, and they still do it and have an adventure

the whole time Bilbo was with the dwarves he wished he was at home too. not everyone is a soldier who can fight all the time. dumping Sam was a bitch move though, but the ring was corrupting him

>90969409
Bait harder.

frodos like 42

You still can't link to posts properly. You need two of these, friend >>

hobbits are all manchildren

There are so many great quotable moments from all the movies, my favorite I think from TT is when Theoden says, "So much death what can men do against such reckless hate," and aragorn replies, "Ride out with me, ride out and meet them," "For death and glory, " "For rohan, for your people!". "Yes..Yes.. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep! One. Last. Time. Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awaken... Now for wrath... Now for ruin.. And a red dawn!" and then ride as they ride out Gimli sounds the horn.

This. He's 42 but still described as a fairly youthful Hobbit throughout the whole beginning. Of course Bilbo lived longer than most, but besides him, the life expectancy of the average Hobbit is still longer than a mans

>The characters are gray
*gay
FTFY

I think Hobbits live to be really old though, and Frodo is one of the younger hobbits who's just starting to come into adulthood so I imagine as an early 20s kind of human. Maybe i'm wrong but he's kind of still a kid in his mannerisms in my eyes.

Lol...epic

>90969531
I believe they're trying to not (You) the fucker

Are you a woman?

Post some based scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9okyMyFD4

I personally prefer this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M

Fëanor quite literally did nothing wrong

>thrust into a role he never wanted
He volunteered but yeah he obviously didn't know what that fully entailed.

youtube.com/watch?v=qQZKLIexcVk
Based Sam the Man.

I know the saddest part is I have seen those movies so many times I didn't even need to look the quote up I just knew it. I memorized the whole prologue in Fellowship too in the beginning including Galadriels Elvish

youtube.com/watch?v=DcziMI0tol4

He volunteered because everyone else was too retarded to do it and by that point he was already the bearer of the Ring.

>mfw it was my favourite scene from the whole trilogy and it was fucking cut from the theatrical release

All Hobbits are 'young' at 40, their teenage years are their twenties. 40s is young adulthood and 50s is middle aged.

For the most part up until his death. When he finally dies something is said to the effect of while dying Feanor looked at the sheer scope of Angband and realized the truth of mandos words that no force of his elves unaided would ever thrown down the black towers yet he still bade his sons to fight on and keep their oath. him doing that was his biggest asshole move

and he only volunteered after the rest of the council of elrond couldn't agree what to do with it and kept fighting.

Great replay, manchildrens

Brilliant, always. I love these character interactions.
This one between Boromir and Aragorn is great as well, shows us Boromirs character
youtube.com/watch?v=hesOeiv_l7I

What's this, memes for ants?

Am I wrong?

>Oh yeah, Isildur realised the ring was corrupting him and threw himself into the lava and he was a good friend.

youtube.co/watch?v=51BE_zrpyoU

"We come to honor that allegiance. We are proud to fight alongside men once more. "

I always wondered, did the elves turn for Legolas? If so, that's based as fuck

Lol

So where did Tom (& Ungoliant) come from?

The problem is Isildur was kind of a big deal. Even though he didn't really fight Sauron much himself he was the only guy left who did and he happened to be the guy who killed him. At that moment he was probably every man or elf in that armies hero especially after they had given up hope of victory.

best part

Ungoliant came from the outside of the creation. No one knows about Tom.

At least post a good quality one you pleb.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys

>tfw I just rewatched Fellowship and there were actually quips

like when Galadriel gave Merry and Pippin daggers, then it's Samwise's turn

>have you run out of daggers?

>Karl Urbans face
Jesus that's great acting

No they turned I think because of Haldir or as a demonstration of force and discipline. And because they are turning to face Theoden maybe.
It's though that Bombadil is the personification of nature which is why the ring didn't effect him and that Ungoliant is a primordial being of darkness created by the disharmony is the song of creation caused by melkor.

Haha, what a story!

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
God, I love Sam. I particularly like how even Gollum seems moved by the speech.

Quips are fine if they're kept to a reasonable number.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYU9f7o18rQ

"But the power of the ring... could not be undone...It was in this moment, when all hope had faded. That Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword! Sauron, the enemy of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, was defeated."

Ungoliant is a being from the beyond the Void or a fallen Maiar depending on the version.
Tom is something Tolkien put in the story to laugh at powerlevel fags.

Man I just love all these armors, especially the golden elven armors

youtube.com/watch?v=K3VOf3CBGvw

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth!"

I hate that scene because in the book Elendil and Gil Galad had an epic 2vs1 duel against Sauron but in the movie Gil Galad barely shows up and Elendil goes down like a bitch.
Granted, I understand that the pace would have been weird if they adapted it properly, but I still wish they didn't make Elendil such a loser.

It's too bad Sauron looks kind of silly.

Is that the Black Speech of Mordor in the subtitles or just some Slav shit? hard to tell the difference

>an epic 2vs1 duel
>2v1
>duel
Umm....

Yeah I get that I just love the look on Isildur's actor's face when he runs over to his father's corpse and the way he holds his face in his hands and despairs but he doesn't have anytime to even feel sad because in the next instant sauron is behind him and there he stands alone over his father's corpse as the last hope of humanity against a demigod and the look of desperation as he slashes at sauron almost as if hes just trying to keep him away even. I love the mural too you see in Rivendel of their fight too.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCZ3SN65kIs

best scene in the trilogy, not even close