Teen Titans #6

Storytime of anxiety

So they got the tower wrong.

What a neat variant.

>wally is cyborg minus the tech and instead with super speed

I'll allow it.

Goliath is cute!
C U T E

Thanks for storytiming. Was gonna do so yesterday, but had a closing shift at at work.

no problem broskie

Yeah I still don't get why Beast Boy or animal man insist on being vegetarians

No wait I know why Animal Man is but not Beast Boy

Hey, Blaqualad is finally back.
Oh.

Fun issue. Aqua lad seemed even year in the rebirth special, but whatever

That is what a SPECIEST looks like!

Wally should wear those goggles all the time

So Aqualad's mom is a normal human. If Aqualad inherited his powers from his father, that would mean his father is not Black Manta. On the other hand Atlantians generally don't have water manipulation powers. Maybe Jackson's dad is from Xebel, the same place Mera comes from. Or maybe he's not Atlantian at all, and his powers come from something else, genetic manipulation or exposure to aqua-radiation or some other SCIENCE nonsense. In that case, it is possible Black Manta is his father, and possibly the one responsible for whatever experiment or accident gave him powers.

Even though his design is based on the Blaqualad that existed before Flashpoint and the Young Justice cartoon character, he seems to have nothing in common with those characters other than looks and powers. It might be interesting to see what his deal is.

He could be adopted

>that would mean his father is not Black Manta
That'd be a real shame.

>“Blood of the Manta” part one! Still dealing with the consequences of “The Lazarus Contract,” Kid Flash’s status with the team is challenged by Damian…and the Teen Titans will never be the same. Meanwhile, Aqualad learns more about his powers and the truth about his lineage is revealed!

And of course the nigger that can swim is a gay fish. Ok issue.

Genetically enhanced implanted clone of Black Manta made solely to kill Aquaman.

Please never ever ever let Goliath go away.

A gay black fish. That's a diversity home run.

Wasn't Beast Boy a different color not that long ago?

Retardation. He turns into carnivores, should be all for eating that sweet delicious meat.

even younger*

I like how the cover pretends Starfire is still a teen.

The rebirth timeline is in flux. 40 year old superman is now married to 20 year old Lois and has a 10 year old with her., so superman banged an elementary schooler when he was in his 30s.

He hadn't bleached his hair yet

Your level of reading comprehension is awe-inspiring. I have no doubt other virtuoso's of the space betwixt the panels will soon come forward offering similar conclusions

>Gays are cool, but DON'T YOU DARE HAVE SUPER POWERS!
Am I reading X-Men?

Kenny just wanted to play tummy sticks. Don't bring that weirdness into it

GAAAAAAAAAY

When did Wally learn mechanics?

And hasn't Starfire been on earth for YEARS now, hell, since the original teen titans? I feel like she should know some slang now

>NO YOU CAN NEVER USE YOUR POWERS IT'S BAD REEEE

This....This isn't Marvel. Couldn't he Just go to the Justice league for some help understanding It all? Meta solutions exist so OBVIOUSLY people with powers are common knowledge, even is MS is evil.

But then, the guys who watched the cartoon wouldn't like her.

She might think that he'll get enough shit as a gay black man.
I wonder how the military handles powered recruits by the way.

Part of Venditti's run, when they were trying to "fix" how shitty Black Wally was and make him more like original Wally, they made him super interested in cars and he turned into some mechanics prodigy overnight.

Because the most Venditti and Booth knew about Wally was that he "liked cars" apparently.

At this point I suspect she might misunderstand thing but she's mostly taking the piss. By the way, is this version of Starfire an ex-navy hardass?

This is my only gripe with this TT roster, it's obviously riding the tail of the cartoon. Raven, Beast Boy and Starfire have little to no business being here, shouldn't they be adults already?

Aqualad, Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash and a possible fifth member is a perfectly respectable team. Who could make the cut? Green Arrow had a young...Niece, didn't he?

Sister, Emiko. She could be a fun addition, I like her in Green Arrow.

Although that leaves an imbalance with too many guys

Since Jon is in supersons anyway they could always have Kara join along Emiko

Yeah, he was briefly red during New52. We ignore New52 Teen Titans.

Yeah, I am down for this.

Honestly enjoying how much this feels like the old show.

Probably the same way they handle everything else. Sign you up for a job, dump you into boot camp, and try to work with whatever comes out the other end.

This: , they also don't put you front and center and most people don't realize super people work for the army. There was a bit about it on the mid 00s JSA run.

Could do Power Girl as well

reddit say black Wally Is a batman spy:( I hope this is not true.

But Power Girl is adult Kara

He was Red at the start of New52 because they tied his powers to the Red, source of life for all living creatures. Animal Man is connected to it as well

Didn't Power Girl fuck off to earth 2 anyway?

I meant the one that's about to get Sladed.

E1 Power Girl, she's in Deathstroke right now

Why would he work for Barman?

Reddit is actually more retarded than the people you find on the street, user.

AWW YES KING SHARK THE HYPE IS REAL

That sounds cool but I doubt manta would ever be satisfied unless he's the one ripping out Aquamans guts out like fish

Not even that anymore

Just make Aquaman's life as shit as possible for as long as possible, he had the chance to kill him right at the start of Rebirth. It's all about the thawne treatment now.

Lovely reaction face there

Sleep tight, puppers.

Thanks OP.

You're retarded, Reddit's retarded.

>Gay black fish
We're doing this.

double gay. why they gotta fuck up best character from young justice.

L-lewd

why does it matter?

Starfire is an adult. Raven and Beast Boy are teens.

I wish those three could finally move on like Cyborg has. And for Raven and BB to be aged up to 21+ like Vic, Kori and the older titans.

Tofu is delicious. Suck it up guys

Kori is tied to Dick, so she gets aged up with him. Vic always seemed older, and the OG Titans are also tied to Dick so they get aged up too.

Oh yeah, didn't even think of that. That's true.

>muh shoehorned diversity.

sexuality shouldn't define a character. kaldur was a strong personality with a fair amount of growth on yj. i don't know. let him experience a proper arc then you can categorize his sexual orientation however you like, but the fact that he is gay shouldn't be how he is marketed towards audiences. i'm not a crazy Sup Forumstard and i have a fair amount of gay friends. in general i feel like comics and associated media are too focused on marketing sexuality and gender politics. just tell strong stories with good characters and the rest will follow organically. just my two cents user.

Agreed. It's a good look for him

These kinds of page spreads always trip me up for some reason. My first instinct is always to go fully across to the right even though I know the right order to read it in.

Probably easily to avoid physically though since even though it's a spread the content is on separate pages.

should of listened to his mom

That's not Kaldur you complete retard, that's Jackson Hyde who was established as gay years ago

It suggests that she's not his birth mom here with the promise line

I don't think it's just the powers. Atlanteans aren't well liked politically.

What happened with Damian's cousin at the end?

Atlantean name is still Kaldur

Ra's ran off and took her with him.

I couldn't stop hearing Kanye's "Gay Fish".

Also, an unrelated question, do you guys know which day is Red Hood and the Outlaws available?

2nd Wednesday of the month.

Already answered so I'll just tell you that generally you can google something like "DC Comics March 2017 solicitations" and find a link with the release dates for that month though sometimes there are delays and issues might get pushed back.

>Aqualad
>best character from YJ
a plank of wood was only the best character in Ed Edd and Eddy

riiiight. regardless of names. my initial argument stands with the marketing of gender politics vs. creative storytelling. guess you don't have a stance on that.

It's not really marketing if it's part of the story that his bf is a dick. DC didn't put out a press release about this or anything. He's just a character in the comic.

Batman Allows him to play adult games:) Dami is 13.cool.