Twin Peaks (2017)

Did it meet your expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2-LoEtc7n4
yahoo.com/entertainment/twin-peaks-behind-scenes-weird-wonderful-look-david-lynch-work-150014295.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It superseded them.

It exceeded them.

>Implying a Lynch work would ever be what I expected

This. Lynch defied virtually all predictions aside from some casting decisions. I've never seen a show like this, ever. Each new chapter was a complete thrill, I had no idea where it was heading next.

kill yourself

No, it made me wish all the more that season 3 was made.
I loved it, but it was so far detached from what I wanted from twin peaks. I suppose that’s Lynch for you

It's basically a pile of garbage.

yes, which is why I didn't like it.

I like Twin Peaks, not nu-Twin Peaks

It superseeded them.

this

It was great. Everyone just wanted fanservice le coffee and cherrie pie pandering and Lynch didn't do that at all. It was completely different from what everyone expected and only true fans of Twin Peaks and David Lynch can appreciate it.

I enjoyed it but the final two parts were a huge let down and totally retarded.

>totally retarded
Part 18 is the best episode in the series

you misspelled "best and most shocking finale ever made"

because you're a muh comfy pleb and not an avant garde art patrician

First part is odd for sure, and the Bob fight is pretty bad. I'm not sure if that's intentional or a minor failure on Lynch's part. It depends on how you read the 18th episode and show as a whole

>retarded cooper was supposed to be shit and boring, haha take that coffee and piefags. LYNCHED!!!!! XD

No.

You should be killed.

You are a virgin faggot.

You are at least 25 pounds overweight.

You will be beaten to death and your murder will have quite a bit to do with your personality defects.

Your mother regrets you.

isn't the whole purpose of the superimposition to elicit verfremdungseffekt?

it's making sure the audience is aware its watching a fantasy that isn't actually happening.

If you found retarded cooper shit and boring, you're a soulless bastard. There wasn't even that much of Cooper apart from his work life and the Mitchum brothers, most of it was people trying to assassinate him.

>retarded cooper was supposed to be shit and boring
Nobody says this, though.
Dougie is a pure boy with a captivating story.

muh coffee and cherry pie muh gum back in style LOOK AT THIS TWIN PEAKS COSTUME AND CAKE I MADE REDDIT XDD

we get it, sweetie, you can't handle real kino. go back to your marvel and DC crossover movie.

I love seeing sad autists like you get lynched. enjoy stewing in your impotent rage

>we get it, sweetie, you can't handle real kino. go back to your marvel and DC crossover movie.

muh coffee and cherry pie muh gum back in style LOOK AT THIS TWIN PEAKS COSTUME AND CAKE I MADE REDDIT XDD

>I love seeing sad autists like you get lynched. enjoy stewing in your impotent rage

Wait why do you having s3 images saved on your computer if you didn't like it? You aren't one of these faggots who thinks part 18 ruined everything, right?

I thought twin peaks was only going to be supernatural mystery when i watched the original 2 months ago, S3 was more what I expected than the original desu

Was hoping we'd get a bit more between Cooper and Laura or even Richard and Carrie, but otherwise it was great.

I like it fine. Lynch dickriders are the EASIEST fucking faggots to troll. You lightly poke their inflamed, distended labia just once and it's an unending cascade of:

>muh reddit
>muh capeshit
>i'm the smart one here
>no i don't have to explain anything you're just not smart enough to get it
>women love my attitude

The fact of the matter is it was an adequate extended Lynch film while also being a very poor closure to Twin Peaks. Anyone who sharts his jorts in excessive praise or criticism of the work is a fucking halfwit who deserves to get picked on like the fag he is.

>ha ha i replied to everyone's posts what now

Is it possible to not be a Lynch dickrider and to also find this kind of attitude pretty pathetic?

>claims to be a fan of Lynch
>wants "closure"
o I am laffin

and anyway Final Dossier gives you all the pleb closure you could possibly want

With those trips? Who's gonna stop you?

It turned out better than I expected probably.

Maybe this is just me disliking the cynicism in "good things = dream, bad = real" interpretation, but I see it another way. If Cooper's insistence on solving the mystery leads to pushing Laura's trauma onto another person, and at worst destroying a version of reality, then that horrified gaze imposed over the more cliched and easy happy ending is one of regret. There was nothing fake about a happy ending where all your friends are momentarily together, and evil seems to have been temporarily defeated. Ignoring that to keep looking for answers that don't exist or solve things you can't fix only wakes Cooper up from the "dream" as an idealized reality that very briefly and maybe improbably came true. And he throws it away to worry about a girl that has been dead for 30 years to remind her that she's been dead

I see Dougie as the hero of the show, who through passive acceptance and innate goodness changes the world positively around him. Bad Cooper lives purely to know things. He wants information for seemingly no other reason than to have it, and poisons everyone around him. Once Coop is whole again he behaves more like Bad Cooper in his singleminded need to find and fix things, and he fails for even trying.

>doesn't understand anything he reads
>will be surprised when he's beaten to death for being a fucking homo

Yes, I got LYNCHED.

Who needs closure?

It was good for television, but not in comparison to Lynch's other work. It's easily his worst work to date, and doesn't compared to the first 2 seasons.

L Y N C H E D E H C N Y L

>bandwagoners will defend this

Did we ever figure out who he was talking about? Was it Audrey?

it's funny

Don't be an asshole, that woman looks better than Sherilyn Fenn did.

idk dude, I think it was a lot better than Dune or Wild at Heart. It's so different to the first 2 that it's impossible to compare them.

Bad Coop wanted to meet Mother for reasons we still don't know though. It's possible he had another step of a masterplan4u that we're still unaware of. He wanted to return to the source of evil and perhaps control reality another way.

Coop has been established as being imperfect (it's how he fails the Lodge in the S2 finale). In Final Dossier Tammy also thinks that Cooper's relationship with his mother made him have a hero complex, which would explain his constant obsession with Laura.

But he's also obsessed with wanting to know, like you say. He's the one who is mystified by Laura's whisper. He's the detective. He has to constantly fall down this rabbithole.

Him realising we live inside a dream just seems like his final ephiphany for the whole series. He's finally stopped being concerned with basic reality and is now on Garland's level as some kind of metaphysical presence able to traverse space and time.

That's the only scene with effects that are actually bad.

obviously. that was the big "dad" reveal for plebs who didn't catch on already or probably forgot.

>cut
>glass magically fuller
Great attention to detail, just great

What's wrong with Wild At Heart?

cole = jesus confirmed?

>ywn lovingly protect Laura Palmer from her fate and make her feel valued and loved with regular, genuine affection and compulsory pusy kissings

surpassed them

Defied, twisted, went beyond. I mean that

Except WATCHING Twin Peaks is nothing like READING something. A visual medium like Twin Peaks is doesn't need to clearly display a narrative as the auteur can prioritize other properties of expression in their art. If Lynch was completely interested in conveying a narrative about what happened after Laura Palmer died, he definitely could've but that's not what was important in the first place. What makes a scene like this youtube.com/watch?v=O2-LoEtc7n4 so great is not what it conveyed for the story (though if you really look into it there are interesting story points which just add to the quality of the scene) but the emotion conveyed with it.

It was much better than I expected, especially ep8 which was the best episode of any TV show ever made.

It's haunting honestly. I don't think about it that often but when I do, it's such a visceral and specific memory. Carrie Paige in the car, for instance. Or the Dale/Diane sex scene to My Prayer. That sense of dread comes right back.

>the look on her face when it was opened
Sarah? Laura?

Nope, dropped before last eps.
Should have been 10 episodes max, the plot just dragged out in every direction till you get bored to death.

Definitely not explained. Details like this is what made those fags that said "duuude lynch is ruining the mystery of the lodge in season 3!!!" mildly aggravating. I do like how it seems like external forces are making it hard for Laura to hear what Mike is saying by covering it with the sensory overload. Especially when Mike finally says it's Leland and he screams over it.

I watched this show for the first time about 13 years ago and that fact still hurts every day.

Best way to watch it was with no expectations at all. I was just happy to see those characters again and I actually had some doubts that they could have pulled off a satisfying return to that world to begin with. The fact that they mostly didn't even try made it so much better.

Rolling to rewatch FWWM later. Odds I do. Evens I don't. Zero I rewatch Season 3

>double odds

Now you have to watch the Q2 edit.

rollan

based digitalposter

based pusyposter

yahoo.com/entertainment/twin-peaks-behind-scenes-weird-wonderful-look-david-lynch-work-150014295.html

Can't wait for those features lads

i hope theres some good features. if its just more of those clips it's kinda meh

The features are like 30-40 minutes each, it's just an excerpt.

>We didn't see Cooper giving a thumbs up in the black lodge
I want my money back.

sounds like somebody got

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

There's something really endearing about the fact that Sheryl Lee still is surprised at how off the wall Lynch is. Somehow I expected her to be jaded to him by now, like he could have told her she'll be doing cartwheels while performing semaphore with a horse mask on and she'd just shrug and say "Alright David"

Wait why was she confused about the backwards talking in the Lodge? Isn't that how they've always done it?

The return might be the greatest casual filter ever made.

Best part was when the guy was sweeping up in the bar for like 5 minutes.

Actually it was 2 minutes, and a good portion of it was a phone call establishing that underage prostitution still goes on in the town.

>guy looks like Dan "Show me those soles if you want that role" Schneider
What does David Lynch know?

Nah. Couldn't even finish the thing. I was expecting more twin peaks comfiness and got a whole lot of catatonic coop and nonsensical cgi demos.

Seriously, people over-exaggerate that scene so badly

>meant to start rewatching the show from S1 a few weeks ago so that I could rewatch the whole show when the S3 blu-ray arrived
>forgot or have been too busy to do it now

It defied all expectations and was probably the most interesting TV I’ve ever seen.

However it was disappointing in some ways because I did want some comfy stuff in the old town. There was also way too much self-referential shit of Lynch’s other work and literally everything to do with the roadhouse was trash.

>a' you callin' me a liah dougie?

Literally what was the point of this character?

Shut up fag I know.

Was still very bizarre it being even that long, no other show would dare not edit something like that.

Needed more Wally Brando

The best show to pretend you are actually smart and not a drooling retard.

I expected Lynch, so it did

The gang's accountant, showed they were legit.

I'm more interested in what was the point of the bloody guy in jail.

this
literally every episode was pleb filter

SHERYL REE LOL

David Lynch couldn't write a good character if he paid someone to do it for him.

Wait......

A hint that everything happening in that version of Twin Peaks isn't in the "official" timeline. The lodge floor shaking and merging with itself, the black box in argentina.... all these indicate that the show's internal consistency is shifting.

Yes and no. On one hand Lynch delivered perhaps the biggest headscratcher in his entire career, and also some of the best moments in all of TP. On the other, it honestly was a shit follow-up to the classic TP we all know and love. I don't give two-shit if that sounds pleb you know that to be true, in your heart.

So basically, you wanted Better Call Cooper?

literally the best TV show ever made